Best way to play little video inside a Gui

I would like to insert a video player inside the gui Autoit, preferably one with a free license such as Media Player Classic or VLC, I saw in the forum but I found examples of many years ago.

Some examples links or advice would be much help :lol:

• Moderators

I know to do so with the built in Media Player is simple:

$WMPLayer = ObjCreate("WMPlayer.OCX")
$WMPLayer.openPlayer("C:\Users\JLogan3o13\Desktop\720p.mp4")

For VLC specifically I would suggest looking at the UDF:

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Never mind - I just walked through the follow-ups to the linked VLC UDF post and found the kind of information I was looking for. Apologies for my laziness. :>

Do you happen to know if the VLC UDF supports streaming (vs. file playback)?

We have an AutoIt app that writes some data definitions to a JavaScript file, and then launches a web browser with an HTML file that includes the dynamic .js file. The HTML file displays a grid (table) of VLC streaming players, each of which is processing a separate stream. It would be nice to eliminate the web browser and HTML/JS/CSS code by creating the grid of VLC stream players in an AutoIt GUI.

Edited by tremolux66
Premature posting - found info in linked post

When the going gets tough, the tough start coding.

17 hours ago, tremolux66 said:

.... We have an AutoIt app that writes some data definitions to a JavaScript file, and then launches a web browser with an HTML file that includes the dynamic .js file. The HTML file displays a grid (table) of VLC streaming players, each of which is processing a separate stream. ....

@tremolux66, sounds interesting,
could you post an example of that scipt here?
Thanks

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

• 3 weeks later...

@Chimp: Are you interested in the AutoIt script or the HTML/JavaScript?

The AutoIt  script is pretty straightforward: it just reads a .ini file, retrieves the key/values that have video stream info, and writes them to a JavaScript file as data declarations w/initializers. Then it calls Run() w/the browser path, browser options, and HTML file path as the command arguments and exits. Not much to see there.

If you're interested in the HTML & JavaScript, I'll see what I can do; it's since been rewritten to move the CSS and nearly all the JavaScript to external files. I may be able to dig up an old version and post a (filtered) copy of that.

When the going gets tough, the tough start coding.