11 posts in this topic

Sounds good, thanks.

I am not a lawyer.  (-_-) Xandy About

Nice, ive been thinking of doing something like this for a long time

TeenyScript 2016-09-05 - A new  way of programming in AutoIt

UDFs created\updated 2016
_IEEmbedded2 UDF - A _IECreateEmbedded() decedent
miniSQL - A simple Standalone PDO-syntax-like MySQL-library with AutoitObject
Advanced DllCall and DllStruct AutoIt Code Generator - Automatically generates code for DllCall and more.

11 hours ago, argumentum said:

why Func _ReduceMemory() ?.
I believe it'd be better without it.

Thanks for sharing.

Is far as I know it compres the used memory.

Why do you believe it's better without it?

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, nend said:

Why do you believe it's better without it?

I don't remember very clearly the discussion here in the forums, but I remember it was useless. Try a compiled script with it and without it. You'll find that is not needed. Try for yourself.

2 people like this

It's not needed because it actually makes your script much slower with a large amount of data. What this function does is takes the memory used by the program and dumps it to disk in the page file. Reading data from a file is many times slower than reading the same data from memory. Also, having more free memory means that all the money you spent on that 16Gbs of memory was a waste, because you're not actually using it. This was a useless holdover from the XP days, and wasn't even needed back then either.

2 people like this

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

@argumentum thank for letting me know.

@BrewManNH thanks for explaining it, I used it in a lot of script and with this in mind I will get rid of this chunck of code.

Edited by nend
1 person likes this

Seems to be a very handy RegEx tool. :thumbsup:

My three suggestions:

1. import text from clipboard
  2. resizeable GUI for larger edit controls
  3. show/hide functionality of the right help panel to make the GUI more compact

Drag'n drop doesn't load the text file.

1 person likes this

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#10 ·  Posted

3 hours ago, UEZ said:

Seems to be a very handy RegEx tool. :thumbsup:

My three suggestions:

2. resizeable GUI for larger edit controls
  3. show/hide functionality of the right help panel to make the GUI more compact

Thanks!!

Good idea!

2. resizeable GUI for larger edit controls

I've tryed that but the "Regular expression output data" edit control wouldn't resize right, I think it has something to do this one is the middle.

3. show/hide functionality of the right help panel to make the GUI more compact

Also a good idea, I will look into it

The drag'n drop is only for the export file to import (*.ini file)

#11 ·  Posted

New version V1.2.0

See the first post for the changes.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• nikink
      By nikink
      Hi all, it's been a while since I last used regular expressions and I find myself out of time to experiment with this particular issue, so I throw myself upon your mercy and expertise.
      I am looking to create a function that will say whether or not a supplied string is a valid UUID or not.
      Local $sTestF = '4C4C4544-004A-4C10-8054-B7C04F46343' Local $sTestT = '4C4C4544-004A-4C10-8054-B7C04F463432' ConsoleWrite('False = ' & _IsValidUUID($sTestF) & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite('True = ' & _IsValidUUID($sTestT) & @CRLF) Func _IsValidUUID($sUUID) ;[\p{XDigit}]{8}-[\p{XDigit}]{4}-[34][\p{XDigit}]{3}-[89ab][\p{XDigit}]{3}-[\p{XDigit}]{12} ; Test UUID = '4C4C4544-004A-4C10-8054-B7C04F463432' Local $sRegExp = '([:xdigit:]){8}\-([:xdigit:]){4}\-([34])([:xdigit:]){3}\-([89ab])([:xdigit:]){3}\-([:xdigit:]){12}' ConsoleWrite(StringRegExp($sUUID, $sRegExp) & @CRLF) Local $Result = StringRegExp($sUUID, $sRegExp) ConsoleWrite($Result & @CRLF) If @error Then ConsoleWrite('Error: [' & @error & ']' & @CRLF) Return 'False' Else ConsoleWrite('Error2: [' & @error & ']' & @CRLF) Return 'True' EndIf EndFunc In the line under the Function call, you'll see the regex I found to do this from a google search. That was my starting point, and I'm trying to get it to work in Au3 and failing miserably.
      $sTestF is a known invalid String
      $sTestT is a known valid String
      Everything I've tried so far has produced the same results for both.
      Any help you could provide me is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!
    • sjaikumar
      By sjaikumar
      I am looking to writing an automation script for converting the following SQL procedure code into VBCode as shown below
      Example

ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[firstprocedure] (        @var1 varchar(10),        @var2 varchar(7),        @var3 float )    CONVERSION Public Function firstprocedure(ByVal var1 As String, ByVal var2 As String, ByVal var3 As Integer) As DataSet         Dim ds As New DataSet()         '**************query  with stored procedure**********         Dim CMD As New SqlCommand("GetCountOfTempGramWtsGwByFoodCodeProgressAndNewSequence")         CMD.Connection = GetConnection()         CMD.Parameters.Add("@var1", SqlDbType.VarChar).Value = var1         CMD.Parameters.Add("@var2", SqlDbType.VarChar).Value = var2         CMD.Parameters.Add("@var3", SqlDbType.Float).Value = var3         CMD.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure         Dim adapter As New SqlDataAdapter(CMD)  

I will be reading the procedural code from the first file that has to be read and create the VB code by writing onto a new file.
      My approach is that I need the following information captured in Variables which I can insert later onto the new file as and where applicable.

In order to do that I need to extract the following bit of information from the file to be READ
      Name of procedure : firstprocedure
      List of Variables : @var1, @var2, @var3  
      Data Types: varchar, varchar & float

What I need help with is extracting the list of variables and data types in separate variables.
      I am looking to build a Regular Expression which I can use to achieve the same. 
      I tried making use of StringSplit function delimited on spaces(" ") but that did not work when reading the file from notepad. I reckon it does not detect spaces in the file.
      Please help me with the RegExp.
      Any other suggestions on how best to go about doing this conversion are also welcome.
      Thank You

• cag8f
      By cag8f
      Hi all.   I'm revisiting poorly commented code of mine from over a year ago.  In one line I search a string for a regular expression and cannot figure out exactly what the code is searching for.  The expression is:
      .+(?>\R) I've tried to piece it together from the StringRegExp() page.  My educated guess is that it searches for newline characters in some capacity.  Here is what I have so far:
      (?>\R):  The (?>...) indicates an atomic non-capturing group, meaning in-part that string matches are not recorded for later reference.  I'm not sure what the 'atomic' means though.  The description says that this 'locks,' which I'm also unclear on.  The \R matches any (Unicode) newline character.  So is this component somehow searching for new lines? .+:  I'm not sure how these are modifying the above, nor exactly how they work together.  The . matches any single character except newline characters, unless (/S) is active.  How can I check if /S is active?  Would it be a parameter set in one of my options files?  And the + seems to match 1 or more.  This seems to make the preceding . redundant? The complete line of code is:
      $aArray = StringRegExp(_IEBodyReadText($oIE2), '.+(?>\R)', 3)
      I'm reading body text from an HTML page.  I can successfully print out each element of this array.  Each element contains one line of text, followed by a blank line.  Hopefully that helps to confirm things.
      Thanks in advance.
    • Trong
      By Trong
      mikell
      ;Global $sCharAllowed = ";!#$%&'()+-,.0123456789=@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{ }~" Local $uStringIN = "頹-衙-浳-浤-搰-橱-煪๏๐๑๒๖D๚๛ẀẁẂẴẵẶặẸẹẺẻỈỉỊAịỌÆ¢™®¯ÌÍÎÏÐÑ×ØÙòóôŘřŢţŷOŸǾǿ₪₫€℅l№™Ωe⅛∑-•v8∫˜≠==□ּׂאַאָאּבּVגּדּהּוּזטּיּךּכשּתּוֹבֿכֿפֿAﭏﭽﮊﮋﮏﮐﮑﮒﮓﮔﺅﺆﺇTﺈﺉﺊﺋﺛﺜﺝﺮﺯﺰﺱﻐRﻑﻒﻓﻔﻕﻟﻠﻡﻢﻣﻤOﻥﻦﻧﻨﻰﻱﻲﻳﻴﻵﻶNﻷﻸﻹﻺﻻﻼْ%-㍱G-煱-둻-睤-㌹-" Local $lStringOUT = StringRegExpReplace($uStringIN, '[[:^print:]]', "_") ConsoleWrite($lStringOUT&@CRLF) jguinch
      Global $sCharAllowed = "\w;!#$%&'\(\)+,-.=@\[\]^`{ }~" Local $uStringIN = "頹-衙-浳-浤-搰-橱-煪๏๐๑๒๖D๚๛ẀẁẂẴẵẶặẸẹẺẻỈỉỊAịỌÆ¢™®¯ÌÍÎÏÐÑ×ØÙòóôŘřŢţŷOŸǾǿ₪₫€℅l№™Ωe⅛∑-•v8∫˜≠==□ּׂאַאָאּבּVגּדּהּוּזטּיּךּכשּתּוֹבֿכֿפֿAﭏﭽﮊﮋﮏﮐﮑﮒﮓﮔﺅﺆﺇTﺈﺉﺊﺋﺛﺜﺝﺮﺯﺰﺱﻐRﻑﻒﻓﻔﻕﻟﻠﻡﻢﻣﻤOﻥﻦﻧﻨﻰﻱﻲﻳﻴﻵﻶNﻷﻸﻹﻺﻻﻼْ%-㍱G-煱-둻-睤-㌹-" $replace = StringRegExpReplace($uStringIN, "[^" & $sCharAllowed& "]", "_") MsgBox(0, "", @CRLF & $replace & @CRLF)  
    • GPinzone
      By GPinzone
      I wrote a program to convert single and double quotes to curly single and double quotes. The program uses regular expression search and replaces to swap the straight quotes to their curly counterparts and to ignore any HTML tags, too.
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3>
      #include <EditConstants.au3>
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
      #include <WindowsConstants.au3>
      #include <FontConstants.au3>

Func Curlify($sInput)
          Local $sOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sInput, "'(?!([^<]+)?>)", "’")
          $sOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sOutput, "((^|\s+)(<[^>]*>)*)’", "${1}‘")
          $sOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sOutput, '"(?!([^<]+)?>)', "”")
          $sOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sOutput, "((^|\s+)(<[^>]*>)*)”", "${1}“")
          ; Fix nested quotes
          While StringRegExp($sOutput, "(‘|“)(<[^>]*>)*(’|”)")
              $sOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sOutput, "((‘|“)(<[^>]*>)*)’", "${1}‘")
              $sOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sOutput, "((‘|“)(<[^>]*>)*)”", "${1}“")
          WEnd
          Return $sOutput
      EndFunc   ;==>Curlify
      $FormCurly = GUICreate("Form_Curly", 708, 439, 192, 124)
      $Original = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 0, 0, 305, 433)
      GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 9, $FW_NORMAL, 0, "Courier New") ; Set the font of the previous control.
      GUICtrlSetLimit(-1, 1500000)
      $Modified = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 408, 0, 297, 433)
      GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 9, $FW_NORMAL, 0, "Courier New") ; Set the font of the previous control.
      GUICtrlSetLimit(-1, 1500000)
      $Curly = GUICtrlCreateButton("Curly", 320, 64, 75, 25)
      $Reset = GUICtrlCreateButton("Reset", 320, 164, 75, 25)
      GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
      While 1
          $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
          Switch $nMsg
              Case $Curly
                  GUICtrlSetData($Modified, Curlify(GUICtrlRead($Original)))
              Case $Reset
                  GUICtrlSetData($Original, "")
                  GUICtrlSetData($Modified, "")
              Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                  Exit
          EndSwitch
      WEnd

So why am I posting a question about a program that works?  This regex:
          $sOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sOutput, "((^|\s+)(<[^>]*>)*)’", "${1}‘")
      should be able to be rewritten without the "+":
          $sOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sOutput, "((^|\s)(<[^>]*>)*)’", "${1}‘")
      Same goes for the one to do double quotes, obviously.
      However, if I remove the "+" from the "\s" in the regex, the program will fail in some cases. Something like <b>’<i>Don’t</i>’</b> at the beginning of a line won't get fixed. I suspect it's got something to do with the fact the the previous character (aside from the HTML tags) is a newline. The "\s" should work just fine with newlines. I'm stumped because the regex without the "+" modifier works fine on http://www.regextester.com/ when I test it.