Skysnake

Change options in Windows Explorer "New" menu

Skysnake

Hi

My new Win10 PC has decided that I am not allowed to create OpenOffice text or spreadsheet documents, but some other stuff I never use.  I would like advice on how to customize the "New" context(?) menu in the Windows Explorer "New" submenu.

I attach a screenshot.

Essentially, how do I customize that item? 

NEW.png

Edited by Skysnake

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

orbs

open the registry in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, under each file extension key (and the "Folder" key) there may be a sub-key titled "ShellNew". if it exists, then inside there specified the application to start.

for example, look at the ".accdb" key (don't miss the dot prefix!), you'll find the entry for "Microsoft Access Database" menu entry (the first in your screenshot).

learn to work with that. applying it for specific file types may differ. you can try to duplicate and accommodate the registry entry for the "OpenDocument Presentation" menu entry. you may prefer copying the missing registry entries from another machine which has them, or back them up after a re-installation of OpenOffice.

• Like 1

Skysnake

Fantastic.  I will look and see.  Thank you for the quick reply. :)

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• VITSUSA
      By VITSUSA
      I am using window XP in my desktop, so I want to convert basic disk to a dynamic disk, so how it is possible?
    • XaelloNegative
      By XaelloNegative
      Hi,
      I'm currently saving process time stamps of my employer's other employees and saving it in a text document as data storage. However, my employer wants it to be processed in a day to day basis to generate their average process time per day. How can I compare today from yesterday and so on and so forth with the succeeding days? Whats the best approach to this?
      Thank you.
      ~XN~
    • Pintu
      By Pintu
      Good evening guys,
      i'm having a problem, not about the code (i'm only thinking about it at the moment) but about the way i can do it.
      I have a webpage (photo N.1) it has some elements in it.
      I need only the table (photo N.2), looking at the code and with _IEFunctions i can easy find the table but how i can i "copy" it?
      As i said it's really easy to found with a script but what should i do then? Copy the source? And how can i display it to the user?
      In my head i'd like to display it inside a GUI, is that possible?

Thanks in advance

Edit: Posted 2 times same photo. Now should be OK

• mdwerne
      By mdwerne
      Hello,
      I'm working on a script that writes detailed application event logs, and I'd like to know if there is a way with Autoit to write multiple lines of XML EventData (see example below):
      <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID> <Level>4</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-07-12T21:26:07.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>86554</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>YOUR_COMPUTER</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>DeskTop Agent: Mike</Data> <Data>Observer Username: Miguel</Data> etc... </EventData> </Event> So far, using EventCreate, everything I send end's up in a single <data> entry (see below):
      <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID> <Level>4</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-07-12T21:26:07.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>86554</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>YOUR_COMPUTER</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>DeskTop Agent: Mike Observer Username: Miguel</Data> </EventData> </Event> Here is the code I'm using thus far (which does not work the way I'd like):
      $LogData = @CRLF & "DeskTop Agent: " & @UserName & @CRLF & "Observer Username: " & $DTObserver & @CRLF & "File name/s with extension: " & $FilenameWextension & @CRLF & "Action Performed: " & $ActionPerformed & @CRLF & "Explanation: " & $Explanation & @CRLF & "Machine Name: " & @ComputerName & @CRLF & "IP Address: " & @IPAddress1 & @CRLF & "App1Installed: " & $App1 & @CRLF & "App2Installed: " & $App2 Run("eventcreate /T Information /ID 100 /L Application /SO DTALog /D " & Chr(34) & "DTALog Details: " & $LogData & Chr(34), "", @SW_HIDE, 2) I found a Stackoverflow post that talks about doing it in C# (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7694276/how-to-add-multiple-lines-of-eventdata-to-an-eventlog-in-windows)
      but I'd like to determine if it can be accomplished with AutoIt!.
      Thanks for your time,
      -Mike
    • Shirdish_chakravarthi
      By Shirdish_chakravarthi
      i am working on a application where if the flashing is success i get a window saying "SUCCESS" and if the flashing failed a window saying "FAILED" and i have to automatically identify pass or fail.the problem is both the windows are having the same control ID. how can i differentiate between both windows? so that i can make use of that in script for automation///

Thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.