Skysnake

Change options in Windows Explorer "New" menu

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi

My new Win10 PC has decided that I am not allowed to create OpenOffice text or spreadsheet documents, but some other stuff I never use.  I would like advice on how to customize the "New" context(?) menu in the Windows Explorer "New" submenu.

I attach a screenshot.

Essentially, how do I customize that item? 

NEW.png

Edited by Skysnake

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

open the registry in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, under each file extension key (and the "Folder" key) there may be a sub-key titled "ShellNew". if it exists, then inside there specified the application to start.

for example, look at the ".accdb" key (don't miss the dot prefix!), you'll find the entry for "Microsoft Access Database" menu entry (the first in your screenshot).

learn to work with that. applying it for specific file types may differ. you can try to duplicate and accommodate the registry entry for the "OpenDocument Presentation" menu entry. you may prefer copying the missing registry entries from another machine which has them, or back them up after a re-installation of OpenOffice.

1 person likes this

Fantastic.  I will look and see.  Thank you for the quick reply. :)

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi dear
      I have a question
      about the display language of the system
      How can I get the current display language and how can I change it by autoit
      Of course, if this is possible
      Greetings to all and hope you help me
    • breakbadsp
      By breakbadsp
      AutoIT AU3info doeas not detect all gui objects uniquely for .NET GUIs developed in C#.
      this is not working now i am using COM windows approach for this, But its very difficult.
      Please let me know if anyone has done it before.
    • ur
      By ur
      With _WinWaitActivate we can wait for a window to process it.
      But is there any logic so that we can wait for this window title and based on the window text (like 2 or more patterns will be there) we can click yes or no on the window.

Func _WinWaitActivate($title,$text,$timeout=0)
       WinWait($title,$text,$timeout)
       If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text)
       WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout)
      EndFunc
    • wtarkan
      By wtarkan
      If I create a service to run a program , Application window cannot Appear - How can I make the App window visible
    • ur
      By ur
      Whenever we try to access a network share it will prompt for credentials based on the shared folder settings.
      Like the below prompt

Once you save them, they are saved in Windows Credentials of Credentials Manager in Control panel (run --> control keymgr.dll).

But not able to found exact file or registry for this setting.

So, can anyone suggest how to do this process of adding network credentials using AutoIT.