Sign in to follow this  
GreenSparks

Change Kayboard and Region via Registry in Windows

GreenSparks

Hi!

I post here because i was wonderring if someone in this forum could help me with my script.

What i'm trying to do, is to basically install a new keyboard layout in Windows and activate it. I want to acheive by the registry or the command line, but not with the autoit automation tools, i don't find it stable...

Thanks for your help and have a good day!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• WoodGrain
      By WoodGrain
      Hi All,
      I've bought a Ergodox EZ programmable keyboard with layers of key maps (eg, layer 0 = dvorak, layer 1 = numberpad & nav, layer 2 = qwerty, etc), I've also got a small USB screen that can pull information from the registry. What I would like to determine is a way to pull the value of each current key from the keyboard, I can then write the values to the registry and pull them into my USB screen so I can see the keyboard key layout.
      I'm stuck with retrieving the key values, I've looked at _IsPressed(), _WinAPI_GetKeyState(), _WinAPI_GetKeyboardState(), _WinAPI_GetKeyboardType(), _WinAPI_GetKeyNameText(), but none of them appear to be able to pull the keyboard key values without user interaction.
      The idea being, in pseudo code, bear in mind no error checking etc in this code, "GetKeyValue()" is what I'm needing help with and is a made up function, as is "HardwareKey1" etc:
      $keyOnePrev = "" $numOfKeys = 76 While 1 $keyOneCurrent = GetKeyValue(HardwareKey1) If $keyOneCurrent <> $keyOnePrev Then For $key = 1 To $numOfKeys $keyToWrite = GetKeyValue(HardwareKey & $key) RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\myKeyboard", "key" & $key, "REG_SZ", $keyToWrite) Next EndIf $keyOnePrev = $keyOneCurrent Sleep(5000) WEnd Thanks guys!
    • VITSUSA
      By VITSUSA
      I am using window XP in my desktop, so I want to convert basic disk to a dynamic disk, so how it is possible?
    • Bilgus
      By Bilgus
      Example of Subclassing listviews using setwindowSubclass in order to intercept WM_KEYUP events
      Also pops context menu on  Shift + F10
      #include <Misc.au3> #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstants.au3> #include <GuiMenu.au3> #include <WinAPIShellEx.au3> Global $g_hCB, $g_pCB, $g_ahProc[2][2] ;Stores the Data for subclassing listview Global $g_LVKEYUP = 0xFE00, $g_LVKEYDN = 0xFD00 ;Our Own Custom messages (Key Up/Dn) Global $g_iDummyData Global $g_hGui = GUICreate("test") Global $g_hList1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("#|x|y", 5, 24, 161, 70, $LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS Or $LVS_SINGLESEL) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("text", $g_hList1) Global $g_hList1_LVN = GUICtrlCreateDummy() ;Recieves Messages from the callback Global $g_hContext1 = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($g_hList1) GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("1", $g_hContext1) GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("2", $g_hContext1) Global $g_hList2 = GUICtrlCreateListView("#|x|y", 5, 100, 161, 70, $LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS Or $LVS_SINGLESEL) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("text", $g_hList2) Global $g_hList2_LVN = GUICtrlCreateDummy() ;Recieves Messages from the callback Global $g_hContext2 = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($g_hList2) GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("3", $g_hContext2) GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("4", $g_hContext2) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) SubClassListView() ;Creates our subclass Func SubClassListView() OnAutoItExitRegister("Cleanup") ;to remove our subclass $g_hCB = DllCallbackRegister('_SubclassProc', 'lresult', 'hwnd;uint;wparam;lparam;uint_ptr;dword_ptr') $g_pCB = DllCallbackGetPtr($g_hCB) $g_ahProc[0][0] = $g_hList1 ;Add the Ids of the controls we'd like to subclass $g_ahProc[1][0] = $g_hList2 ;Set up the subclass _WinAPI_SetWindowSubclass ( $hWnd, $pSubclassProc, $idSubClass [, $pData = 0] ) $g_ahProc[0][1] = _WinAPI_SetWindowSubclass(GUICtrlGetHandle($g_ahProc[0][0]), $g_pCB, $g_ahProc[0][0], $g_hList1_LVN) $g_ahProc[1][1] = _WinAPI_SetWindowSubclass(GUICtrlGetHandle($g_ahProc[1][0]), $g_pCB, $g_ahProc[1][0], $g_hList2_LVN) EndFunc ;==>SubClassListView Func _SubclassProc($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam, $iID, $pData) #forceref $iID Local $iRtnMsg = 0 ;Events we'd like to intercept If $iMsg = $WM_KEYUP Or $iMsg = $WM_SYSKEYUP Then $iRtnMsg = $g_LVKEYUP ElseIf $iMsg = $WM_KEYDOWN Or $iMsg = $WM_SYSKEYDOWN Then $iRtnMsg = $g_LVKEYDN EndIf ;We Recieve the Id of the dummy through $pData and pass our RtnMsg to the dummy control If $iRtnMsg Then GUICtrlSendToDummy($pData, BitOR($iRtnMsg, $wParam)) ;Pass messages on to the default handler Return _WinAPI_DefSubclassProc($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) EndFunc ;==>_SubclassProc Func Cleanup() For $i = 0 To UBound($g_ahProc) - 1 ;Remove Our Subclass' by setting it back to the original proc _WinAPI_RemoveWindowSubclass(GUICtrlGetHandle($g_ahProc[$i][0]), DllCallbackGetPtr($g_ahProc[$i][1]), $g_ahProc[$i][0]) Next DllCallbackFree($g_hCB) EndFunc ;==>Cleanup While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $g_hList1_LVN ;This is just a dummy it only recieves events ConsoleWrite("LV1 EVENT 0x" & Hex($g_iDummyData, 4) & @CRLF) $g_iDummyData = GUICtrlRead($g_hList1_LVN) ;Retrieve the code that was sent Switch BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0xFF00) ;Get the keyup/dn status Case $g_LVKEYDN If BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0x00FF) = 0x79 And (_IsPressed("A0") Or _IsPressed("A1")) Then ;Right/ Left Shift & F10 ShowMenu($g_hGui, $g_hList1, $g_hContext1) Else ConsoleWrite("Lv1 KeyDn Vk: 0x" & Hex(BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0x00FF), 2) & @CRLF) ;Get the Virtual keycode EndIf Case $g_LVKEYUP ConsoleWrite("Lv1 KeyUp Vk: 0x" & Hex(BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0x00FF), 2) & @CRLF) ;Get the Virtual keycode EndSwitch Case $g_hList2_LVN $g_iDummyData = GUICtrlRead($g_hList2_LVN) ;Retrieve the code that was sent ConsoleWrite("LV2 EVENT 0x" & Hex($g_iDummyData, 4) & @CRLF) Switch BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0xFF00) ;Get the keyup/dn status Case $g_LVKEYDN ConsoleWrite("Lv2 KeyDn Vk: 0x" & Hex(BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0x00FF), 2) & @CRLF) ;Get the Virtual keycode Case $g_LVKEYUP ConsoleWrite("Lv2 KeyUp Vk: 0x" & Hex(BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0x00FF), 2) & @CRLF) ;Get the Virtual keycode EndSwitch EndSwitch WEnd Func ShowMenu($hWnd, $idCtrl, $idContext) Local $aPos, $iX, $iY Local $hMenu = GUICtrlGetHandle($idContext) $aPos = ControlGetPos($hWnd, "", $idCtrl) $iX = $aPos[0] $iY = $aPos[1] + $aPos[3] ClientToScreen($hWnd, $iX, $iY) ; Show at the given coordinates (x, y) the popup menu (hMenu) which belongs to a given GUI window (hWnd) _GUICtrlMenu_TrackPopupMenu($hMenu, $hWnd, $iX, $iY) EndFunc ;==>ShowMenu ; Convert the client (GUI) coordinates to screen (desktop) coordinates Func ClientToScreen($hWnd, ByRef $iX, ByRef $iY) Local $tPoint = DllStructCreate("int;int") DllStructSetData($tPoint, 1, $iX) DllStructSetData($tPoint, 2, $iY) DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "ClientToScreen", "hwnd", $hWnd, "struct*", $tPoint) $iX = DllStructGetData($tPoint, 1) $iY = DllStructGetData($tPoint, 2) ; release Struct not really needed as it is a local $tPoint = 0 EndFunc ;==>ClientToScreen  
      Old Code Using setWindowLong

• cahsobo
      By cahsobo
      Hello,

I need help inserting these keys and values to registry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectDraw\Compatibility\WK.1.exe]
      "Flags"=hex:00,08,00,00
      "ID"=hex:ec,33,74,3b

Still can't figure out how...
    • okolaris
      By okolaris
      Hey everyone,
      I thought I might share my little Language UDF plus the more powerful SciTE Tool to ship Strings from SciTE into the xml file. While I haven't had the time to fully adapt the small UDF to one of the big XML-UDFs the so called "Language Transmitter" that basically writes the XML file for you runs mostly on "XML DOM wrapper (COM)" by eltorro. The Transmitter should work with other XML-Language-UDFs depending on their encoding.

First let's start with the UDF, there are two functions of interest: _LangInit($sFilePath) and s($sString) As you will have guessed, _LangInit($sFilePath) is called once to initialize the UDF and s($sString) is used to receive the string to your key. Plain and simple.
      Now to the actual "new" part, the Language Transmitter. It basically allows you to transfer a selected String from SciTE into a xml file. While doing so it will scan for AutoIt variables, macros etc. and parse the string to fit StringFormat(). It then saves the formatted string in the xml file and returns the formatted call into SciTE. If the selected string is already defined it will directly parse the key into SciTE. To change the default output file, you can either edit the ini-file in the @ScriptDir of the LanguageTransmitter.exe or press Alt+A on empty space again and keep clicking cancel/no until the Transmitter let's you select the current output file. Standard output is strings.xml in the current opened AutoIt Script.
      Example:
      ; given the line: MsgBox(16, 'Error', 'Error message') ; select 'Error' run the Transmitter follow the instructions, repeat with 'Error message'. Outcome (e.g.): MsgBox(16, s('Error'), s('Error_msg')) ; Variables and Macro example: $sString = "Value: " & $iValue & @CRLF & 'Another value: '& $iValue2 ; Select the full string including all AutoIt variables and macros etc. in SciTE and press Alt+A (default) to run the LanguageTransmitter ; follow the instructions and it will then paste a formatted string like that into SciTE: $sVar = StringFormat(s('Key'), $iValue, $iValue2) ; the correlating xml entry should look like that: ; <string name="Key">Value: %s\r\nAnother value: %s</string> ; as you can see @CRLF has been replaced with \r\n as well. If you are working on a project and want to directly add a string to the xml file just start the Language Transmitter without selecting any text, enter your string and a key.
      SetUp/Installation
      Examples
      Since xml files are required all examples can be found in the zip file. There are two examples, one includes a language selection interface.
      Language File Checker
      I added a script to check whether the xml file contains all required strings or even unnecessary strings.

Hope you like my little helper!

UDF - LanguageSupport.zip