Skysnake

Win10 suppresses Run() with @SW_HIDE option

5 posts in this topic

Hi

Only on some Windows 10 PCs do I get the issue that the Run() fails with the   @SW_HIDE = Hidden window (or Default keyword) option.  Not all Win10 machines, only some, but then consistently.  I have put UAC to lowest level, no joy.  As if the OS does not allow the hidden window to be created...

Seems that @SW_MINIMIZE = Minimized window or  @SW_MAXIMIZE = Maximized window does not suffer the same fate.

I will have more info in a day or so.

Anybody else with similar experience?

Skysnake

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Whay do you mean "fails" and what do you execute? If I execute "cmd.exe" It works dfine for me with all three possible flags, although with the @SW_HIDE it looks like nothing happens, but the process is created and I can see it and kill it through the task manager. Is your @error set after execution?

My system info (found out my machine was still called w8-home :) ):

EJ9WnYB.png

Edited by SadBunny

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

I use the Run to launch a batch file

I have had another look.  It does not fail. What I meant originally was that the process does not start.  I was wrong.

However, the batch file seems limited to local resources.

For instance, I execute lines like these:

net use f: \\myshare s0m3t1n /P:yes
start f: /max
c:
cd\
md textfilefolder
copy F:\*.txt c:\textfilefolder

note that the local commands all work.  The "net use" is executed, the local folder is created.  

The command "start f: /max" shows a Windows msgbox stating that the resource is not available and blocks the rest of the batch.

The copy from the mapped shared does not work.

And, yes, the remote PC is on an available for browsing in Explorer at this time.

I am guessing that this has something to do with privileges for the batch process... but not sure where to look.  

@SadBunny, I will look at the @error, good suggestion. Thx

Skysnake

How do you know that the NET USE is succeeding?

P.S. You may want to update the thread title to be more accurate.

Hi @Danp2, I may do that in due course.  How do I know the "net use " command works? Coz I see the mapped drive appear...

I have since learned about DACL :)

I believe the solutions to my problem lies here:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc783530(v=ws.10).aspx#w2k3tr_randp_how_xgvr

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/134508-set-acl-permissions-udf/?page=7

I am first going to see if I can change the share settings manually, if I know that solves the problem, I can start looking at scripting the solution. WinXP was so much simpler... :)

Thanks, will revert

Skysnake

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• BBs19
      By BBs19
      Features:
      Create modern looking borderless and resizable GUIs with control buttons (Close,Maximize/Restore,Minimize, Fullscreen, Menu) True borderless, resizeable GUI with full support for aerosnap etc. Many color schemes/themes included. See MetroThemes.au3 for more details. 3 type of Windows 8/10 style buttons. Modern checkboxes, radios, toggles and progressbar. All buttons, checkboxes etc. have hover effects! Windows 10 style modern MsgBox. Windows 10/Android style menu that slides in from left. Windows 10 style right click menu
      Example(Image): 

Hover effect of the control buttons:

Windows 10-Style MsgBox:

Windows 10/Android-Style menu:

Credits: @UEZ, for the function to create buttons with text using GDIPlus. @binhnx for his SSCtrlHover UDF
      Version 5.0 - Changelog - 03.09.2017
      New features:
      Hover effects, minimize,maximize,restore and other GUI effects are now working natively, there is no need to call any function in a loop. This also allows the hover effects to work if the main script is paused due to "Sleep, Msgbox etc." The hover effects now work slightly faster and create less CPU usage, however the startup time of the main script is slightly increased. Thanks to @binhnx for his SSCtrlHover UDF. Maximize, Minimize, Fullscreen and Restore buttons now work natively, meaning you don't need to set actions for them manually.  If you prefer handling the buttons manually, then you can disable this by setting "$ControlBtnsAutoMode = False" Added _Metro_CreateButtonEx2 -> Creates a slightly rounded button without a frame around. Hovering changes the button color to a lighter color. Added _Metro_CreateCheckboxEx2 -> Creates a modern round checkbox. Added _Metro_CreateRadioEx -> Creates a metro style radio with colored checkmark. Added "_Metro_RightClickMenu" an easy to use rightclick menu. You can use this with listviews or anything else. Check out the example for a demo of the rightclick menu and how to implement it. -> Rightclick on Button3 to show the menu. Added multiple new themes with flat colors and updated the old themes. Check out the example for a demo with all themes by pressing the menu button -> Themes Demo Improvements:
      You can now delete all controls that have hover effects(buttons, checkboxes etc.) using GUICtrlDelete($ControlHandle). This will also automatically release all resources and remove the control from the global array. Many other optimizations,changes and bugfixes.  
      Download UDF with example:

• VIP
      By VIP
      I can not do anything with any user in the "Local Users Group"
      I tried from my account but I could not change my password (ie set new password)!
      But I was able to activate the Administrator account and I logged into the Administrator account and still could not do anything with my account! But I can set the password and disable the Administrator account from my account or Administrator.
      Any ideas? (Ignore the click on the Sign-in option in the Change Accout settings.)

• dreivilo47
      By dreivilo47
      When I want to test Example 1 of Function _IECreate (AutoIt Help File), I see that function _IECreate doesn't work in Windows 10.
      Syntax Check (Ctrl+F5) gives no errors.

Example 1:
      ; Create a browser window and navigate to a website #include <IE.au3> Local $oIE = _IECreate("www.autoitscript.com")  
      The error I receive with F5 (Tools, Go) in SciTE:

• Chaym
      By Chaym
      Does AutoIT supported  in Windows 10 OS (x64)?
      After installing AutoIT in x64 OS and recompiling code,
      I get a lot of error messages...

• kristo
      By kristo
      The DriveGetDrive command returned all drives (option "ALL") for years now and my program could always rely on that function. Suddenly a drive letter that was created with the subst command does not appear in the list of drives anymore. And it clearly did, because I used to react to a certain subst command by reacting to new or revoked (subst /D) drive letters.
      Why is that? I think this a bug because there's no way left to list ALL drive letters anymore.
      And why should I use an API command for that when this was already built in for years?