rm4453

Moving Combo To Next Option Automatically In AutoIt Gui

3 posts in this topic

I need to find a way to after x amount of seconds set the Autoit gui's ComboBox to next option available, and if it reaches the end of the list start back at beginning. This way I can cycle through checking if users are connected to a network. The combo is populated via a recursive file search that contains folders with each connected user's username. The ComboBox will contain something like " username\config " for every connected user. So I need to make so it cycles through constantly every X seconds I have the gui functioning, and all that I just can't get this one part to work.

TL:DR - How do I make so an AutoIt GUI ComboBox will cycle through all of its options every X seconds, and when it reaches bottom of options cycle back to top and continue the process again.

Thanks! I can't post any code due to NDA sorry...

rm4453,

How about something along these lines:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

; List of combo contents
Global $sList = "Alpha|Bravo|Charlie|Delta|Echo|Foxtrot"
;Convert to array
$aList = StringSplit($sList, "|")

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500)

$cCombo = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 10, 10, 200, 20)

; Fill the combo
_FillCombo()

GUISetState()

$nBegin = TimerInit()

While 1

Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch

; Every 2 seconds
    If TimerDiff($nBegin) > 2000 Then
        ; Refill the combo
        _FillCombo()
        ; Reset the timestamp
        $nBegin = TimerInit()
    EndIf

WEnd

Func _FillCombo()

; Index of array item to use as default
    Local Static $iIndex = 1

; Set combo data with selected item as default
    GUICtrlSetData($cCombo, "|" & $sList, $aList[$iIndex])

; increase index - and reset if required
    $iIndex += 1
    If $iIndex > $aList[0] Then
        $iIndex = 1
    EndIf

EndFunc

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Thank You For Your Help.  I was just about to post that i figured it out...  Here is what I ended up using "at least what i can post of it"

$CurrentAccount = GUICtrlRead($AccountSelect)
    $acc = _GUICtrlComboBox_GetCurSel($AccountSelect)

Sleep(50)
    $timer = $timer + 50
    If $go = 1 Then
        If $timer = $ConnectTimer * 60000 Then
            ProcessClose($pid)
            _GUICtrlComboBox_SetCurSel($AccountSelect, $acc + 1)
            If $acc = $accs + 1 Then
                _GUICtrlComboBox_SetCurSel($AccountSelect, 0)
                $acc = 0
            EndIf
            $timer = 0
            $copied = 0
        EndIf
    EndIf

$update = $update + 1
    If $update = 25 Then
        _GUICtrlComboBox_SelectString($AccountSelect, $CurrentAccount)
        $update = 0
    EndIf

*EDIT :
New Problem

How would I Filecopy something If I only know parts of the file name... I need to grab the User Session info in a .config and for each user the first part is unique... I know that the last part is .config every time that is it...

*EDIT:
NEW PROB SOLVED

I just set the filecopy to the dir with a *.config wildecard ... that should work for what I need due to it being only .config in the folder it would be copying from THANKS!

;=== CODE EXAMPLE FOR THOSE WHO COME LATER ON AND NEED THIS

FileCopy(C:\example\Folders\*.config, $sDir, "1")

;=== ENJOY!

Edited by rm4453
NEW PROB