Wingens

Metro style combo

Wingens

Hi all,

I created a little script we use at work for inputing date and time stamps into our ticket system.
Now I thought it would look nice in a Metro style GUI, I found an UDF on the forum what does almost everything I want.

I have but one thing I can't seem to find and don't have the skills to create.
The gui uses one pulldown menu (GUICtrlCreateCombo) it stays in the older looking style.

I attached the script and files I have, also in the zip you find an example of what I am looking for.

Hope you guys can help me :)

Hotkey.zip

AutoBert

and where is your script?

Wingens

You find it in the zip:

BIN\Script\Metro-V1.0.au3

AutoBert

This script isn't runable:

+>11:15:11 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.14.801.2025.0 SciTE v.3.4.4.0   Keyboard:00000407  OS:WIN_81/  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0407)
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\Bert\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\Bert\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
! Invalid AutoIt3Wrapper directive Keyword:#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_HiDpi with value:y
>Running AU3Check (3.3.14.2)  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3  input:C:\Users\Bert\AutoIt3.My\Test\Hotkey\Hotkey\BIN\Script\Metro-V1.0.au3
+>11:15:14 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.14.2):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Users\Bert\AutoIt3.My\Test\Hotkey\Hotkey\BIN\Script\Metro-V1.0.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
"C:\Users\Bert\AutoIt3.My\Test\Hotkey\Hotkey\BIN\Script\MetroGUI-UDF\MetroGUI_UDF.au3" (2513) : ==> Subscript used on non-accessible variable.:
If $MInfo[4] = $GLOBAL_HOVER_REG[$i_BTN][0] And $mHoverCheck Then
If $MInfo^ ERROR
->11:15:16 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:1
+>11:15:16 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.

Wingens

Sorry my bad, had just added a line of code without testing before posting.

Attached the working one.

Metro-V1.0.au3

AutoBert

Your Ini isn't in the correct path, but i see what's your issue. So i suggest post in thread you found the MetroStyle-UDF.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Emmhor1
      By Emmhor1
      Hi All,

MAIN QUESTION:
      Is it possible to Call specific function within a GUI

So I have a script with multiple functions although I don't want to use every function every time.
      My Idea is to create a simple GUI which allows me to select what functions I want to use then run the funtions by clicking a button.
      I have already made a GUI which allows me to select specific .exe's I would like to run after selection it runs the .exe one by one.
      This script is on my work laptops and cannot access it right now.

Who can help me with this?
      GUIcreate
      Func1 
      Func2
      Func3
      Then have a boxes which allows me to select the specif Func.(I used GUIChecked and Unchecked in my other script)
      Then a button which executes/calls the selected functions
    • Blois
      By Blois
      Hi Guis,

I need to create keyboard shortcut to navigate the tabs and activate them, but I could not use the code below:
      #include <TabConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GuiTab.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> HotKeySet("^{TAB}", "_TabRight") HotKeySet("^+{TAB}", "_TabLeft") $gui = GUICreate("test",450, 300) $Tab1 = GUICtrlCreateTab(20, 24, 425, 201) $TabSheet1 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Tabsheet 1") $lbContagemGrupos2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("aaaa", 50, 50) GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x0000FF) GUICtrlCreateTabItem("") $TabSheet2 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem(" ") $TabSheet3 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem(" ") GUISetState() While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd Func _TabRight() $CurPos = _GUICtrlTab_GetCurSel($Tab1) _GUICtrlTab_SetCurSel($Tab1, $CurPos + 1) $tab = "$TabSheet" & $CurPos GUICtrlSetState($TabSheet1 + $CurPos, $GUI_SHOW) Return EndFunc Func _TabLeft() $CurPos = _GUICtrlTab_GetCurSel($Tab1) _GUICtrlTab_SetCurSel($Tab1, $CurPos - 1) $tab = "$TabSheet" & $CurPos GUICtrlSetState($TabSheet1 + $CurPos, $GUI_SHOW) Return EndFunc Exit  
      can you help me?
    • Pricehacker
      By Pricehacker
      Hello again!
      I have tried searching for quite some time now but couldn´t find a single working way to change the class of your GUI that doesn´t include changing it manually after its compilation.
      First or "AutoIt v3 GUI" is a pretty boring name tbh and i would like to spice it up a bit, also, and more importantly, I would like to identify my windows by something other than its title as it will change depending on some factors and im using two different programs independently as multi threading isn't supported.
      Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
    • xtcislove
      By xtcislove
      Hello, 
      i have a Problem with  _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes, everything is working as excepted if u are on Windows 7.

But if u are on Windows 10 the transparent background of a control is not clickable anymore. 

Could someone help?

Please see example below, put cmd.jpg into the same folder as Example.au3

Please see trigger.jpg to see which sections are not clickable in Windows 10 (the red dots, the green dots are clickable) on Windows 7 the red ones and green ones are clickable.

The same problem occurs if i use 

Example.au3

• WilliamasKumeliukas
      By WilliamasKumeliukas
      Hello everyones reading this post,
      I'm struggling at resizing properly my radio buttons to fit long text inside without affecting others radio buttons and also adjust position of them relative to the string.
      I tried with _StringSize UDF but I guess im too tired to figure out how to use it correctly..
      I also tried: _Control_SetWidth2Text I found on this forum, it work aslong im not maximizing GUI (radio text is gone when I maximize and maximize is a must)

here is the code example, I hope someone can figure out (sorry if guictrlsetpos is not included in the example, I know thats probably the way to go but I wanted to make sure there is nothing better before use it)
      Thank you

Br,
      ~WilliamasKumeliukas

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <StringConstants.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIListBox.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <ProgressConstants.au3> #include <ColorConstants.au3> #include <AutoitConstants.au3> #include <Misc.au3> #include <WinAPIReg.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #Region Opt's Opt("GUIResizeMode", 802) #EndRegion Opt's Global $q = "INTRO LINE" & @CRLF & @CRLF & "description of everything until user press start." Global $file = @TempDir & "\test.p" destroy() Global $msg, $score = 0, $rate, $com, $total = 0, $cfile, $cq, $i = 0, $time = 0, $min = 0, $sec = 0, $hour = 0, $qf, $ii = 0 Main() Func Main() Global $iGUIInitSize = 550 #Region GUI Opt("GUICloseOnEsc", 1) Global $gui = GUICreate("example", 1124, 550,-1 ,-1, BitOR($WS_MAXIMIZEBOX , $WS_MINIMIZEBOX)) Global $gui_size = WinGetClientSize($gui) Global $iFontSize = Int(2 * (.25 + (8 * $gui_size[0] / $iGUIInitSize))) / 2 Global $options = GUICtrlCreateMenu("&Options") Global $guide = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Guide", $options) Global $restart = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Restart", $options) Global $about = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("About", $options) Global $exit = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Exit", $options) Global $extra = GUICtrlCreateMenu("Extras") Global $creator = GUICtrlCreateMenu("CQB", $extra ) Global $new = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("custom QP", $creator) Global $load = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("CQ", $creator ) Global $timer = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 752, 472, 294, 30, $WS_BORDER) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, $iFontSize) GUICtrlSetState($timer, $GUI_HIDE) Global $info = GUICtrlCreateLabel( $q, 200, 20, 700, 200, $SS_CENTER ) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) $fi = GUICtrlSetFont($info, $iFontSize) Global $a = GUICtrlCreateRadio("A)", 100, 210, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) $fa = GUICtrlSetFont($a, 15) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) GUICtrlSetState($a, 16) Global $b = GUICtrlCreateRadio("B)", 100, 310 , $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) $fb = GUICtrlSetFont($b, 15) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) GUICtrlSetState($b, 16) Global $c = GUICtrlCreateRadio("C)", 750, 210 , $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) $fc = GUICtrlSetFont($c, 15) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) GUICtrlSetState($c, 16) Global $d = GUICtrlCreateRadio( "D) ", 750, 310, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) $fd = GUICtrlSetFont($d, 15) GUICtrlSetResizing (-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) GUICtrlSetState($d, 16) Global $sign = GUICtrlCreateLabel( $file, 420, 480, -1, -1, BitOR ( $SS_CENTER, $WS_BORDER ) ) GUICtrlSetResizing ( -1, BitOR ( $GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER ) ) GUICtrlSetFont($sign, 12) Global $yb = GUICtrlCreateRadio("True", 200, 420, 200, 50, $BS_PUSHLIKE) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER,$GUI_DOCKSIZE)) GUICtrlSetFont($yb, 15) GUICtrlSetState($yb, 32) Global $nb = GUICtrlCreateRadio("False", 700, 420, 200, 50, $BS_PUSHLIKE) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER, $GUI_DOCKSIZE)) GUICtrlSetFont($nb, 15) GUICtrlSetState($nb, 32) Global $start = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start", 20, 20, 100, 50, $SS_CENTER, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER)) GUICtrlSetFont($start, 12) Global $valid = GUICtrlCreateButton("Confirm", 20, 20, 100, 50, $SS_CENTER, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER)) GUICtrlSetFont($valid, 12) GUICtrlSetState($valid, 32) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion GUI While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Switch MsgBox(4096 + 4, "Warning", "Are you sure to exit?") Case 6 AdlibUnRegister("timer") If Not $qf = "" Then FileClose($file) EndIf Exit Case 7 ContinueLoop EndSwitch Case $start ;AdlibRegister("timer") ;Global $qf = StringSplit(StringStripWS(FileRead($file), 6), @CRLF, 0) ;qloop($file) GUICtrlSetData($a, "A) This long string is an example as string that I want to fit in 4 radio buttons because sometimes it can be that long.") GUICtrlSetData($b, "B) This long string is an example as string that I want to fit in 4 radio buttons because sometimes it can be that long.") GUICtrlSetData($c, "C) This long string is an example as string that I want to fit in 4 radio buttons because sometimes it can be that long.") GUICtrlSetData($d, "D) This long string is an example as string that I want to fit in 4 radio buttons because sometimes it can be that long.") Case $restart MsgBox(4096, "Warning", 'Normally, your suposed to start something before restarting it.') ContinueLoop Case $new ;GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $gui) ;_CustomNew() ContinueLoop Case $load ;_CustomLoad() Case $about ;_About() EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc ;Main() Func timer() If $time = 0 Then Global $time = TimerInit() Global $diff = TimerDiff($time) Global $sec = Int(Mod($diff / 1000, 60)) Global $min = Int(Mod($diff / 60000, 60)) Global $hour = Int($diff / 3600000) If $sec < 10 Then $sec = "0" & $sec If $min < 10 Then $min = "0" & $min If $hour < 10 Then $hour = "0" & $hour GUICtrlSetData($timer, "Temps: " & $hour & ":" & $min & ":" & $sec) EndFunc ;==>timer Func destroy() If FileExists($file) Then FileDelete($file) EndIf DirCreate(@TempDir & "\About") FileInstall("C:\test.txt", $file) EndFunc ;==>destroy