SalamanderSoup

Capture Screenshot using snipping tool

11 posts in this topic

I've created a simple script that opens the Snipping Tool; Selects the "Full Screen Snip" option; then closes the program, prompting a save.  What I can't figure is how to name the file using the system date and time.

Can anyone help?

Run(@WindowsDir & '\system32\SnippingTool.exe')
AutoItSetOption('MouseCoordMode', 0)

Sleep(1)
$hWnd= WinWait("Snipping Tool", "ToolBarWindow32", 1)
WinActive($hWnd)
MouseClick('primary', 84, 48, 1, 0)
MouseClick('primary', 84, 140, 1, 0)
WinClose("[Class:Microsoft-Windows-Tablet-SnipperEditor]")

ControlClick("Snipping Tool", "", "Button1")

@SalamanderSoup moved your topic to General Help and Support, as you seemed to have missed this at the top of the Examples forum:

Do not post general support questions here, instead use the AutoIt Help and Support forums.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Thanks, I hope someone will be able to help me.

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

Probably because windows wont allow you to save a file with back slashes/forward slashes\ in it.

Try using _NowDate() and StringReplace and replace the " / \ " with "." for instance...

p.s. unless you are dead set on using SnippetTool, Autoit has a very cool function called:

_ScreenCapture_Capture that does this job very well ;)

Edited by l3ill
p.s.
2 people like this

Thanks l3ill, could you possibly give me an example of how the NowDate and StringReplace scripts might look together?  I've looked at the AutoScript Help File, and still feel a bit confused at how I should code it.  I'm very new at this.

3 hours ago, l3ill said:

Probably because windows wont allow you to save a file with back slashes/forward slashes\ in it.

Try using _NowDate() and StringReplace and replace the " / \ " with "." for instance...

p.s. unless you are dead set on using SnippetTool, Autoit has a very cool function called:

_ScreenCapture_Capture that does this job very well ;)

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

Here is your script.

#include <Date.au3>
#include <ScreenCapture.au3>

$filename = _NowDate()
;                         String     Find Replace
$filename = StringReplace($filename, "/", ".")

; I'm guessing fixed location wants the cursor off
;                      Filepath      \    Filename    .Type   x1  y1  x2  y2   Capture Mouse Cursor
_ScreenCapture_Capture(@ScriptDir & "\" & $filename & ".png", 84, 48, 84, 140, False)

It's only programmed to read 1 pixel width, but I hope you know that already.

If you want a BMP or something else you can change the type ".png"

Edited by Xandy
1 person likes this

I am not a lawyer.  (-_-) Xandy About  (^o^) Discord - Xandy Programmer

Lol, I'd buy that script for a dollar!

Thank you, both for the input, and thank you Xandy for the working script.

I was able to add the system time to the file name, as well.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, l3ill said:

Nice follow up Xandy...

I hope this is not going to be too expensive ;)

I try SO hard!

Your advice gave me a concise path to victory.

2 hours ago, SalamanderSoup said:

I was able to add the system time to the file name, as well.

Then you're learning and all is well.  There's nothing wrong with eating a free fish, unless you're the fish.

I am not a lawyer.  (-_-) Xandy About  (^o^) Discord - Xandy Programmer

15 hours ago, SalamanderSoup said:

Lol, I'd buy that script for a dollar!

Just put a one dollar note in your cdtray and run

FileCopy('path to cdtray\one dollar.$$$','https://www.autoitscript.com/donate')

The dollar will transfered asap.  :lol:

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• kawliga751
      By kawliga751
      I have established how to get tomorrows date however I can't seem to figure out how to format the date into my required format of MM/DD/YYYY.  
      I have this:
      $today=_DateToDayValue(@YEAR,@MON,@MDAY) Dim $Y, $M, $D $tomorrow=_DayValueToDate($today+1, $Y, $M, $D) The _DateToDayValue seems to have a fixed format.  I've also tried a :
      $vardate = _DateAdd( 'd',1, _NowCalcDate()) with a "StringSplit" and/or StringFormat but the _NowCalcDate seems to also be fixed to a YYYY/MM/DD format.
      I'm sure I'm missing something simple but am at a loss.
      Any help would be MUCH appreciated

• Realm
      By Realm
      After Several Minutes searching the forums for a simple solution to calculating for the Unix Time, as required for another project I am working on, I was astonished to not find one clean and universal solution. After looking over the helpfile, I noticed one simple solution given in the example with _DateDiff(). However it did not account for my current timezone or daylight savings time.
      Without further ado... This is my example of Calculating for a current Unix Time stamp or  seconds since Jan, 1st, 1970 00:00:00 GMT.
      This function will account for your timezone as well as for daylight savings time.
      Update: v0.3
      -Added Function to revert a Unix Time stamp into Date form.
      -Added parameter to original _GetUnixTime() allowing for a custom date since Jan 1st 1970 to be passed and converted to Unix Time.
      #include <Date.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <Constants.au3> Local $iUnixTime1 = _GetUnixTime() MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Unix Timestamp", "Seconds Since Jan, 1st, 1970 00:00:00 GMT" & @CRLF & $iUnixTime1) Local $sUnixDate1 = _GetDate_fromUnixTime($iUnixTime1) MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Unix Timestamp", "Get Date from Unix Timestamp in Local Time" & @CRLF & $sUnixDate1) $sUnixDate1 = _GetDate_fromUnixTime($iUnixTime1, False) MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Unix Timestamp", "Get Date from Unix Timestamp with $iReturnLocal = False which returns UTC Time" & @CRLF & $sUnixDate1) Local $iUnixTime2 = _GetUnixTime('2013/01/01 00:00:00') MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Unix Timestamp", "Seconds since 2013/01/01 00:00:00" & @CRLF & $iUnixTime2) ; Get timestamp for input datetime (or current datetime). Func _GetUnixTime($sDate = 0);Date Format: 2013/01/01 00:00:00 ~ Year/Mo/Da Hr:Mi:Se Local $aSysTimeInfo = _Date_Time_GetTimeZoneInformation() Local $utcTime = "" If Not $sDate Then $sDate = _NowCalc() If Int(StringLeft($sDate, 4)) < 1970 Then Return "" If $aSysTimeInfo[0] = 2 Then ; if daylight saving time is active $utcTime = _DateAdd('n', $aSysTimeInfo[1] + $aSysTimeInfo[7], $sDate) ; account for time zone and daylight saving time Else $utcTime = _DateAdd('n', $aSysTimeInfo[1], $sDate) ; account for time zone EndIf Return _DateDiff('s', "1970/01/01 00:00:00", $utcTime) EndFunc ;==>_GetUnixTime ;$blTrim: Year in short format and no seconds. Func _GetDate_fromUnixTime($iUnixTime, $iReturnLocal = True) Local $aRet = 0, $aDate = 0 Local $aMonthNumberAbbrev[13] = ["", "Jan", "Feb", "Mar", "Apr", "May", "Jun", "Jul", "Aug", "Sep", "Oct", "Nov", "Dec"] Local $timeAdj = 0 If Not $iReturnLocal Then Local $aSysTimeInfo = _Date_Time_GetTimeZoneInformation() Local $timeAdj = $aSysTimeInfo[1] * 60 If $aSysTimeInfo[0] = 2 Then $timeAdj += $aSysTimeInfo[7] * 60 EndIf $aRet = DllCall("msvcrt.dll", "str:cdecl", "ctime", "int*", $iUnixTime + $timeAdj ) If @error Or Not $aRet[0] Then Return "" $aDate = StringSplit(StringTrimRight($aRet[0], 1), " ", 2) Return $aDate[4] & "/" & StringFormat("%.2d", _ArraySearch($aMonthNumberAbbrev, $aDate[1])) & "/" & $aDate[2] & " " & $aDate[3] EndFunc ;==>_GetUnixDate Enjoy!
      Realm
      Update: >Added some functionality and a suggestion from FireFox
    • chacoya121
      By chacoya121
      Local $count = 1 Local $x1= 100,$y1 = 100,$x2 = 110,$y2 = 110 $area = ($x2+$x1)*($y2+$y1) Local $array[$area][2] For $i = $x1 to $x2 Step 1 For $j = $y1 to $y2 Step 1 $color = PixelGetColor($i,$j) $scolor = Hex($color,6) $array[$count][2] = [$scolor,1] $position = _ArraySearch($array,$scolor,0,0,0,0,1) If $array[$position][0] = $scolor Then $array[$position][1] +=1 Else $count += 1 EndIf Next Next _ArrayDisplay($array) plz help adjust and shrink it down soo confusing playing with array
    • Xandy
      By Xandy
      Screenshot program that can upload/FTP to website/storage with hotkey.
      Features GUI to display programmable keys.

Set the hotkeys with this function to use, and display hotkeys.
      ; hotkey_set() Parameters: ; ----------------------------------------------------------- ; $aHotkey -                The array hotkeys are stored in. This function sets the values of this array[hotkey_id][$hotkey_data] ; $dHotkey_id -             The enum for this hotkey index ; $sHotkey_description -     The label displayed to the user to represent function of hotkey ; $sHotkey_name -            The hotkey it'self.  Whatever name string you want to give the key ; $dHotkey_key -             The _IsPressed keycode ;    Keycodes AT: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/libfunctions/_IsPressed.htm ; $dHotkey_shift -             Shift flag 0 or 1 Default off ; $dHotkey_ctrl -             Ctrl flag 0 or 1 Default off ; $dHotkey_alt -             Alt flag 0 or 1 Default off Func hotkey_set(ByRef $aHotkey, $dHotkey_id, $sHotkey_description, $sHotkey_name, $dHotkey_key, $dHotkey_shift = 0, $dHotkey_ctrl = 0, $dHotkey_alt = 0)     $aHotkey[$dHotkey_id][$eHotkey_data_key_description] = $sHotkey_description     $aHotkey[$dHotkey_id][$eHotkey_data_key_name] = $sHotkey_name     $aHotkey[$dHotkey_id][$eHotkey_data_key] = $dHotkey_key     $aHotkey[$dHotkey_id][$eHotkey_data_shift] = $dHotkey_shift     $aHotkey[$dHotkey_id][$eHotkey_data_ctrl] = $dHotkey_ctrl     $aHotkey[$dHotkey_id][$eHotkey_data_alt] = $dHotkey_alt EndFunc   ;==>hotkey_set ; You can set your hotkeys here ; Please visit the hotkey_set() function for parameter information hotkey_set($aHotkey, $eHotkey_screenshot_ftp, "Selected Window to FTP", "F12", "7B", 0, 1, 0); F12 hotkey_set($aHotkey, $eHotkey_screenshot_disk, "Selected Window to Disk", "S", "53", 1, 1, 1); S hotkey_set($aHotkey, $eHotkey_clipboard_send, "Send Clipboard keystrokes", "F10", "79", 1, 1, 1); F10  
      Configure settings dialog:

Screenshot Filename and Screenshot Counter, are used to create simple unique filenames that can cycle. Copy URL to clipboard option. - For linking your screenshots. The screenshot file type is for local copy only. App always uses .JPG for FTP right now, but I could add FTP screenshot file type specification.  
      Any suggestions?  Did I break anything, what did I miss?
      Package uses TTS.au3 by Beege: 

FTP_Screen.zip
      File includes:
         - FTP_Screen.au3
         - FTPScreen.ico
         - TTS.au3 - by Beege
    • Simpel
      By Simpel
      Hi, I created a gui with date field but formatted as time in HH:mm. It always shows "now-time". Even if I try to set it with GUICtrlSetData.
      #include <DateTimeConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Example() Func Example() GUICreate("My GUI get date", 200, 200, 800, 200) Local $idDate = GUICtrlCreateDate("", 20, 20, 100, 20, $DTS_TIMEFORMAT) ; to select a specific default format Local $sStyle = "HH:mm" ; Just display hours and minutes <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< GUICtrlSendMsg($idDate, $DTM_SETFORMATW, 0, $sStyle) ConsoleWrite(GUICtrlRead($idDate) & @CRLF) GUICtrlSetData($idDate, "00:00") ConsoleWrite(GUICtrlRead($idDate) & @CRLF) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; Loop until the user exits. While GUIGetMsg() <> $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE WEnd MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Time", GUICtrlRead($idDate)) EndFunc ;==>Example How can I set the time field with another time and how can this field be set blank?
      Regards, Conrad