Vivaed

Run(@ComSpec...) with schtasks

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I have this button in an app I am building:

When you click it, it then opens a FileOpenDialog() I select and XML, then it asks for a name input, enter the name, then it should run the following code:

schtasks.exe /create /tn XXXX-task /XML C:\WBRESO~1\WB-LOO~1\TESTIN~1.XML

It works when I put it in the CMD and run it, I get SUCCESS! and the new task has been created in Task Scheduler.

C:\Users\vivaed>schtasks.exe /create /tn XXXX /xml C:\WBRESO~1\WB-LOO~1\TESTIN~1.XML
SUCCESS: The scheduled task "XXXX" has successfully been created.

But when I run it in:

(This is just a snippet of the code, there is a lot more)

#include <AutoItConstants.au3>

Global $wbResources = 'C:\"WB Resources"\WB-LoopChecker\'

Case $Button4
                $getXML = FileOpenDialog("Find task to import", $wbResources ,"XML (*.xml)")

If @error Then
                    ; Display the error message.
                    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No file was selected.")
                Else
                    Local $taskName = InputBox("Name this task","File: " & @CRLF & $getXML & @CRLF & "Name this task:" & @CRLF,"XXXX-task")
                    $schedTask = 'schtasks.exe /create /tn ' & $taskName & ' /XML ' & FileGetShortName($getXML)
                    Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & $schedTask, @SW_HIDE)
                    ConsoleWrite($wbResources & @CRLF)
                    ConsoleWrite($schedTask & @CRLF)
                EndIf

Here I dont get any errors but the when I refresh the Task Scheduler, there is no new task.... :(

Edited by Vivaed

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

you either need #RequireAdmin at the top of your script, or you have a quotes issue in the string you pass to Run().

to troubleshoot the 2nd option i see you do a ConsoleWrite() to a part of the string. do that for the whole string, including the @ComSpec part - the exact complete string you pass to Run().

EDIT: how are you checking for errors for saying that you hare not getting any?

EDIT: perhaps this will be of some use to you:

Edited by orbs

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Change the /c to /k and remove the @SW_HIDE so you can see the CMD window and the errors generated.

Jos

edit: Actually you have an error in your Run command. the second parameter should be the workdir, not the Window status!

Edited by Jos
1 person likes this

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• rootx
      By rootx
      I need help to understand why the run function does not work, but if i use it directly inside cmd shell the command works. $where is the name of the jpg file
      ShellExecute(@ComSpec ," /k C:\Users\root\Desktop\test\exiftool.exe -p $FileName "&'"'&$where&'"'&" > "&'"'&@ScriptDir&"\out.txt"&'"',@ScriptDir);<----- work Run("C:\Users\root\Desktop\test\exiftool.exe -p $FileName "&$where&" > "&@ScriptDir&"\out.txt",@ScriptDir);<--- doesn't work I would use the run command!
      Thx
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello
      How are you
      I have a question, please.
      I've created a window and i need
      when i run the script if it detect an other copy from the same script was runing
       the script close the first copy Automatically and run a new copy
      I want an example to understand it
    • luckyluke
      By luckyluke
      Hello,
      Im trying to read the output from CMD using Dllcall, here is my code:
      #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <array.au3> Global Const $STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE = -11 Global Const $_CONSOLE_SCREEN_BUFFER_INFO = _ "struct;int dwSizeX;" & _ "short dwSizeY;" & _ "short dwCursorPositionX;" & _ "short dwCursorPositionY;" & _ "short wAttributes;" & _ "short Left;" & _ "short Top;" & _ "short Right;" & _ "short Bottom;" & _ "short dwMaximumWindowSizeX;" & _ "short dwMaximumWindowSizeY;endstruct" $pCmd = Run( "cmd.exe" ) Sleep(1000) $hCmd = WinGetHandle("") ConsoleWrite('handle:' & $hCmd & @CRLF) $aRet = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "AttachConsole", "dword", $pCmd) ;_ArrayDisplay($aRet) If $aRet[0] <> 0 Then $vHandle_data='' $vHandle='' $vHandle_data = DllStructCreate($_CONSOLE_SCREEN_BUFFER_INFO) ; Screen Buffer structure $aRet1 = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "GetStdHandle", "dword", $STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE) if not @error Then $vHandle = $aRet1[0] $aRet = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "GetConsoleScreenBufferInfo", "hwnd", $vHandle, _ "ptr", $vHandle_data) MsgBox(0, '1',DllStructGetData($vHandle_data, 'dwSizeX') & _WinAPI_GetLastErrorMessage()) EndIf It did not work, i got the message 'The handle is invalid'. Please help?
      Thank you in advance!
    • mihaijulien
      By mihaijulien
      Hello,
      I compiled a script I made that takes a command line parameter (the version of a .msi installer) when launched. The script was compiled with the /console option. The script (.au3) works fine but the executable returns  the following error:  
      Error: array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded  
    • fosil
      By fosil
      Hi everyone.

I'm currently working a program that constantly prints out log files through "consolewrite" and the "#AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=y" wrapper.

Part of this program requires me to run a batch script.

My issue is the batch script launches from the same window as consolewrite. I need the batch file to be launched through a different window as currently this causes an issue with the logs (which need to be very precise) but also causes the batch file to produce some funny behavior...

Does anyone know how I can force the file to run on a second DOS window?

Thanks in advance!!!

Edit: Im using the "run" command if that helps. I tried "shellexecute" but that seemed to not launch the batch scripts at all.