jloyzaga

trying to do this in vbs - no go - creat dropdown list

3 posts in this topic

I'm trying to read an excel spreadsheet(SWW_TestFlow, Worksheet=Controller) and creating a dropdown list from all the cell values within a specific column("G").   

I would like to have the dropdown behave in such a way as to allow multiple selections and for all those selections to be written to a file.

I attached a file I started with to experiment with gui and controls etc but got totally lost.......

Can somebody help me?

Joe

multi-new.au3

I can't find a function named "_ExcelReadSheetToArray" in my copy of help file. I think you need to use _Excel_RangeRead function. Read help file. :) 

My Contributions

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Dimmae
      By Dimmae
      Hello,
      at first: i'm new here, so please forgive me my mistakes, and show them to me, just that i can learn to do better in the future.
      Now to my Problem: i have an excel sheet, where i just need some columns for further actions, but i have no idea how to add single columns to a new array.
      I found the following code(the one i just added as a file) from 'water' in this forum, but i wont get how i could add multiple columns into a new array.
      The biggest problem in my situation is that i dont know the count of the rows i need for the array, i just got a fix number of rows, which is 4.

Hope you can help me, and sry again for this 'unlucky illustration'.

btw: how can i add code shown as code here, instead of posting it as a attached file?.

autoit-select-column.au3
      defects.xlsx
    • LoneWolf_2106
      By LoneWolf_2106
      Hi,
      i have an error:
      ==> The requested action with this object has failed.: $iRowCount = .Range(.Cells(1, 1), .Cells($oRangeLast.Row, $oRangeLast.Column)).Rows.Count $iRowCount = .Range(^ ERROR  
      My code is:
      $oRangeLast = .UsedRange.SpecialCells($xlCellTypeLastCell) Sleep(1000) $iRowCount = .Range(.Cells(1, 1), .Cells($oRangeLast.Row, $oRangeLast.Column)).Rows.Count Sleep(1000) _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook_1, $oWorkbook_1.ActiveSheet,$aFileList[$i][2] , "AB3:AB"&$iRowCount) I have added some sleep because the application was crashing more often before, so i thought to slow down the code execution.
      But i didn't solve the issue.
      Has anyone an idea of what the problem might be?
      Thanks in advance.
    • water
      By water
      Extensive library to control and manipulate Microsoft Excel charts.
      Written by GreenCan and water.
      Theads: General Help & Support - Example Scripts
      BTW: If you like this UDF please click the "I like this" button. This tells me where to next put my development effort

KNOWN BUGS (last changed: 2017-07-21)
      None. The COM error handling related bugs have been fixed.

• LoneWolf_2106
      By LoneWolf_2106
      Hi,
      i have a problem with the deletion of an empty row in Excel.
      My code:

If $vRow_2 = "" Then _Excel_RangeDelete($oWorkbook_1.ActiveSheet,"2", $xlShiftUp,1) EndIf I want to delete the second row. $vRow_2 is an empty cell, "A2".
      After running the code, the second row is not deleted.
      I have tried also:

If $vRow_2 = Null Then _Excel_RangeDelete($oWorkbook_1.ActiveSheet,"2", $xlShiftUp,1) EndIf But it doesn't work.
      Any suggestion?
      Thanks in advance.
    • VeryGut
      By VeryGut
      I'm trying to insert the following formula in cell A2 using my script:
      =if(A1=""; "YES"; "NO")
      To my understanding, the line of code should be similar to this:
      _Excel_RangeWrite($MasterFile, Default, "=if(A1=""; "YES"; "NO")", "A2")
      However, it does not work, probably due to the multiple quotation marks that confuse the script :C
      How do I avoid this problem?