WoodGrain

How do I click this button?

6 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

Trying to map my mouse button 4 (I'm pretty sure it's 4 rather than 5, but I can experiment) to click the back button in a program (screenshot attached). In terms of positioning it sits in the middle of 3 screens if that makes a difference.

I assume I can use something like (though I prob don't need the 1st two lines if using ControlClick?):

WinActivate("ConnectWise v2016.4 (41139)", "Chrome Legacy Window")
WinWaitActive("ConnectWise v2016.4 (41139)", "Chrome Legacy Window")
ControlClick("ConnectWise v2016.4 (41139)", "Chrome Legacy Window", "[CLASS:Chrome_RenderWidgetHostHWND; INSTANCE:1]", "Left", 1, 0, 30)

When I hover my mouse over the button I get the following information in Window Info

>>>> Window <<<<
Title:  ConnectWise v2016.4 (41139)
Class:  TabBrowser_MainFrame
Position:   -8, -8
Size:   1696, 1026
Style:  0x17CF0000
ExStyle:    0x00040100
Handle: 0x0000000000010C56

>>>> Control <<<<
Class:  Chrome_RenderWidgetHostHWND
Instance:   1
ClassnameNN:    Chrome_RenderWidgetHostHWND1
Name:   
Advanced (Class):   [CLASS:Chrome_RenderWidgetHostHWND; INSTANCE:1]
ID: 315622768
Text:   Chrome Legacy Window
Position:   0, 30
Size:   1680, 957
ControlClick Coords:    81, 138
Style:  0x56300000
ExStyle:    0x00000020
Handle: 0x0000000000040AC6

>>>> Mouse <<<<
Position:   81, 191
Cursor ID:  0
Color:  0x004E7F

>>>> StatusBar <<<<

>>>> ToolsBar <<<<

>>>> Visible Text <<<<
ConnectWise: My Calendar
Chrome Legacy Window

>>>> Hidden Text <<<<
Chrome Legacy Window

Back Button.jpg

Edited by WoodGrain
Additional information.

You are using x,y params wrong, when used the coords must be the

ControlClick Coords:    81, 138

not the absolut MousePos coords.

That should have been so obvious given the position of the button was not anywhere near 0, 30 lol. TBH, I had some issues figuring out the controlID, turns out the above was correct by using the "Advanced (Class)", so while I was posting I was trying to figure that out more so than the coords.

Those coords work, all working now, thanks AB

Hmm, ok, so it's not working again, looks like the contolID is different...

Can someone advise what I can use in the ControlID field of the ControlClick()?

>>>> Window <<<<
Title:  ConnectWise v2016.4 (41139)
Class:  TabBrowser_MainFrame
Position:   -8, -8
Size:   1696, 1026
Style:  0x17CF0000
ExStyle:    0x00040100
Handle: 0x0000000000010C56

>>>> Control <<<<
Class:  Chrome_RenderWidgetHostHWND
Instance:   2
ClassnameNN:    Chrome_RenderWidgetHostHWND2
Name:   
Advanced (Class):   [CLASS:Chrome_RenderWidgetHostHWND; INSTANCE:2]
ID: 314454488
Text:   Chrome Legacy Window
Position:   0, 30
Size:   1680, 957
ControlClick Coords:    81, 140
Style:  0x56300000
ExStyle:    0x00000020
Handle: 0x0000000000050980

>>>> Mouse <<<<
Position:   81, 193
Cursor ID:  0
Color:  0xFFFFFF

>>>> StatusBar <<<<

>>>> ToolsBar <<<<

>>>> Visible Text <<<<
ConnectWise: My Calendar
Chrome Legacy Window

>>>> Hidden Text <<<<
Chrome Legacy Window

1st bump.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• SorryButImaNewbie
      By SorryButImaNewbie
      Hello,
      I'm developing again (everybody ruuun! )
      I would like to develope a script that goes through basicly every user control on a window, and log things that happens, and maybe do some screenshots. I did something like this before.
      My problem, which I would like to avoid this time (to improve my understanding and skill) , was that when I was unable to get a ControlID or handler or anything, I simply did some math and clicked on the coordinates it should have been (for example, maxing the window, and knowing the initial set up I was ablo to calculate given control position). I know that this is a bad solution for a number of reasons. 
      Now I got authorization to install autoIT here, and i started to the work, AU3Info was unable to find anything on the window (this could be a problem, since autoIT doesn't see anything on it then, if I understood the help file) So I got the SimpleSpy script (source:
      )
      I added a bit of code to the original to display ID as well, what I received is this:
      Mouse position is retrieved 115-207
      At least we have an element title: [ADD] class: [Button] ID: [50000] (<-- coded this to display ID here as well)
      Having the following values for all properties: 
      Title is: <ADD>    Class   := <Button>    controltype:= <UIA_ButtonControlTypeId>    ,<50000>    , (0000C350)    10;187;120;35
      *** Parent Information top down ***
      3: Title is: <Compass>    Class   := <Window>    controltype:= <UIA_WindowControlTypeId>    ,<50032>    , (0000C370)    -8;-8;1936;1056
      "Title:=Compass;controltype:=UIA_WindowControlTypeId;class:=Window""    
      2: Title is: <>    Class   := <MainView>    controltype:= <UIA_CustomControlTypeId>    ,<50025>    , (0000C369)    0;23;1920;1017
      "Title:=;controltype:=UIA_CustomControlTypeId;class:=MainView""    
      1: Title is: <>    Class   := <TileNavigationView>    controltype:= <UIA_CustomControlTypeId>    ,<50025>    , (0000C369)    0;23;1920;967
      "Title:=;controltype:=UIA_CustomControlTypeId;class:=TileNavigationView""    
      0: Title is: <>    Class   := <AreasView>    controltype:= <UIA_CustomControlTypeId>    ,<50025>    , (0000C369)    0;132;1920;858
      "Title:=;controltype:=UIA_CustomControlTypeId;class:=AreasView""

so far I wrote this script:
      WinActivate('Test') ;It works!! :D first official interaction Sleep(1000) ;1 sec sleep to be sure ControlClick('Test', '', '50000') If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, 'Error', 'ControlClick error') EndIf Sleep(1000) MsgBox(1,"Tracer message", 'ControlClick has happened') ;MouseClick() ;ControlCommand() AutoIt activates the window, but the click on the given button doesnt happen (I tried to write 50000 without ' ' on ID).
      M'I doing the @error part correctly ? (no error Msg has been displayed), sorry I rarely use AutoIT and seems to forget less and less after each neglect, but still I'm far from a proffessional

Any help or suggestion is welcome, thank you for your time and insight!
    • IamKJ
      By IamKJ
      Basically I'm trying to figure out what would be the most efficient means of making multiple use buttons.  What I'd like is to be able to click a button and pop up a msgbox to gather some info, or two message boxes, but upon entering that info and the msgbox dialogue being over, it'll then switch to a different function.  I was thinking of using 1/0 to designate which is true or not, but not sure if that'd be the most efficient way.  Still very new to coding, and autoit, any help would be great!
    • CADMonkey
      By CADMonkey
      Hi,
      I have created a bit of code to enable a script to find named controls on a userform, even though the MS CLASS description changes between machines.
      e.g. The CLASS "WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.24b689f_r14_ad1" for a text box on one PC is different on another.
      The below code, (a cut-down version of the code from jdelaney original post)  loops through all the controls and finds the first one with the desired string in the control class name - in this case "EDIT".  This name is then usable for setting the text using ControlSetText.

#include <array.au3> WinActivate("Edit Part Rule") $TheClassName = GetAllWindowsControls(WinGetHandle("Edit Part Rule"), "EDIT") ;Sleep(500) ControlSetText("Edit Part Rule", "", "[CLASS:" & $TheClassName & "; INSTANCE:3]", $CmdLine[1]) ControlSetText("Edit Part Rule", "", "[CLASS:" & $TheClassName & "; INSTANCE:4]", $CmdLine[2]) Func GetAllWindowsControls($hCallersWindow, $sStringIncludes) ; Get all list of controls $sClassList = WinGetClassList($hCallersWindow) ; Create array $aClassList = StringSplit($sClassList, @CRLF, 2) ; Sort array _ArraySort($aClassList) _ArrayDelete($aClassList, 0) ; Loop For $i = 0 To UBound($aClassList) - 1 If StringInStr($aClassList[$i], $sStringIncludes) Then Return $aClassList[$i] EndIf Next EndFunc ;==>GetAllWindowsControls If anyone has any suggestions to improve it, or a better way to achieve the same thing, please let me know.

• nlta1992
      By nlta1992
      I want creat GUI, have button 1 to 10, but only use loop for ... to ... step ... next.
      Thanks.
    • rcmaehl
      By rcmaehl
      A UDF with Extended Functions for Window Management

DISCLAIMER:
      This UDF is still in the development phase. All code works and should be generally bug free, however function names and parameters are subject to change.

Notes:
      Fixes _WindowGetClassList's barbaric returning of a @LF separated string instead of an array.

Potential Uses:
      Automating applications that change their controls' handles/classes on each launch (e.g. half of Cisco's programs)

Functions:
      _WinGetClassList
      _WinGetClassNNList
      _WindowGetHandleList
      _WindowGetHandleListFromPos

Download: 
      WindowEx.zip  (v0.4)

Changelog:
      10/04/2016 (v0.4): _WinGetClassNNList Fixed : Not Returning an Index when using $2D_ARRAY _WinGetClassNNList Fixed : Not Properly returning $aArray[x][1] on Classes with instances > 9 when using $2D_ARRAY 10/03/2016 (v0.3): _WinGetClassList Added : Exactly the same as WinGetClassList but returns a more civilized Array _WinGetClassNNList Added : Returns Classes and their instances in either a 1D or 2D array depending on Flags _WindowGetHandleList Renamed: _WinGetHandleList SCRIPT BREAKING! _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Renamed: _WinGetHandleListFromPos SCRIPT BREAKING! 10/01/2016 (v0.2): WindowsExConstants.au3 Added : Flags in _WindowGetHandleListFromPos _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Removed: ConsoleWrite left in during debug _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Added : Flag for if part of a Control is at $X, $Y return it as well. 10/01/2016 (v0.1): _WindowGetHandleList Added : Retrieves the handles of classes from a window. _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Added : Retrieves the handles of classes at a specific position from a window. Known and Reported Bugs:
      None reported To Do:
      To Be Decided. Opinions welcome! Upcoming Changes:
      To Be Decided.