Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Miliardsto

Timers Crashing

3 posts in this topic

I do my timers like this by clicking checkbox function is called and timer is set up.

There is a trouble cause I got so many Timers, 20 like this below and I can see if they is launched 5 timers program starts freezing and often crashing.

I know it takes memory but is is right way to do timers like that or what should i do?

Case $checkerSS
                If GUICtrlRead($CheckerOne) = 1 Then
                    $ss = _Timer_SetTimer($Form1,4000,"checkScreen")
                Else
                    _Timer_KillTimer ($Form1,$ss)
                EndIf

Case $checkerPos
                If GUICtrlRead($DiscAlert) = 1 Then
                    $disc = _Timer_SetTimer($Form1,20000,"checkPosition")
                Else
                    _Timer_KillTimer ($Form1,$disc)
                EndIf

Case $checkerVars
                If GUICtrlRead($AlertPlayerPos) = 1 Then
                    $ap = _Timer_SetTimer($Form1,15000,"checkVars")
                Else
                    _Timer_KillTimer ($Form1,$ap)
                EndIf

Post a full runable (reproducer) and i will have a look.

_Timer_SetTimer is gonna register a lot of callback functions, which could be fine but it seems to be breaking your script. Perhaps some of your functions are overlapping because they're taking too long to finish? If you use TimerInit it's just gonna return an int value that can be used in TimerDiff to get the passed time, no callbacks needed. Instead of registering 20 callbacks you could create 20 variables from TimerInit and keep track of the timers yourself

HotKeySet("{Esc}", Close)

Global $aTimerArray[20][3]

For $i = 0 to 19
    $aTimerArray[$i][0] = TimerInit()           ; Initialize a timer
    $aTimerArray[$i][1] = MyFunc                ; Function to call when timeout hit
    $aTimerArray[$i][2] = Random(1000, 1500, 1) ; Timeout when to call the function in the [$i][1]
Next

While (True)
    For $i = 0 to 19
        ; If the difference between the timer in [$i][0] is greater than the timeout set, call the function stored in [$i][1]
        ; Passing the timer by reference so the MyFunc function resets it automatically, you could also reset it in this if statement
        If (TimerDiff($aTimerArray[$i][0]) > $aTimerArray[$i][2]) Then $aTimerArray[$i][1]($aTimerArray[$i][0])
    Next
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func MyFunc(ByRef $iTimer)
    ConsoleWrite("MyFunc called after " & TimerDiff($iTimer) & "ms for this timer" & @LF)
    $iTimer = TimerInit()
EndFunc

Func Close()
    Exit 0
EndFunc

When it finishes calling the function in [$i][1] even if the next timer is WAYYYY over the timeout, it will still call the function and reset the timer and move on.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• sree161
      By sree161
      Hi,
      i have a code which generates two numeric outputs.i have to save them in excel.
      Is there any way to export them to specific cells in excel???
    • TotalAuto
      By TotalAuto
      Howdy All
      I've gone around and around in circles wasting hours trying to fix this problem to no avail so I thought I would try posting for help given there are some real smart people in this forum.
      Background
      I have 5 separate .au3 scripts that all do different basic tasks. For example:
      1.au3 = opens Chrome browser to obtain information from a specific website then closes
      2.au3 = opens an Excel workbook to run a macro then saves and closes
      3.au3 = Open two seperate workbooks and transfers data from one to the other then saves and closes
      4.au3 = .......etc
      5.au3 = .......etc
      These 5 separate scripts, doing completely different tasks, need to each run once per day at 5 different designated times within a day and then close. For example:
      1.au3 = 10am
      2.au3 = 12pm
      3.au3 = 2pm
      4.au3 = 4pm
      5.au3 = 5pm
      Problem
      I can not get these different scripts to reliably run at their designated times. When I manually run these scripts individually by using 'Go F5' they work perfectly. If I convert these scripts to an .exe and manually run each one they work about 98% of time.
      How can I schedule these different .au3 files or associated .exe files to reliably run each day at different times?
      Attempts To Fix The Issue
      1. I have tried converting each .au3 script into their own .exe file and use Window's Task Scheduler to run these .exe files at their designated time but the success rate  of running each .exe in full, to completion, without error is very low at about 30%. Things that commonly go wrong include a browser not opening but movement still continues on the desk top. Other times things just do not happen at all.
      2. I have Windows 7 64 bit and have tried creating and running both (x86) and (x64) .exe files but again reliability problems exist;
      3. I have also tried moving each .exe file to the My Documents folder as I read someone that keeping your files on your desktop ties your files to individual Windows user profiles which can cause AutoIt operating errors. Not sure if this is correct but thought I would try it anyway. It did not fix my issue.
      4. I installed a program called AlwaysUp which supposedly always reliably runs in the background and will reliably execute your AutoIt script or .exe files. Still have significant reliability issues.
      Therefore, can someone please provide advice on how I can get my 5 different .au3 files to run at 5 designated times through the day, every day, without fail? Overtime I will be creating more and more different .au3 files to run certain tasks throughout the day and do not want to create one large AutoIt file that continually runs and attempts to do all the different tasks itself.
      Any help is very appreciated.
      Thanks
      Dan

• hugomito
      By hugomito
      Hi all,
      I built an AutoIt application that interacts with several other applications/software. Now, it's turn to interfact with Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS).
      Does anyone has a blog, demo, script to share?
      Thanks!
    • Viki
      By Viki
      This is my first time here so please dont bombard me that what a silly question I am asking!!
      I have 500 rows (A1:A500) in a spreadsheet and I just want to copy one by one row and then paste into another application and then press enter, loop should repeat this until finishes all 500 rows.
      I have looked at clipget(), clip(put() but dont know how to select next row in next turn. I also looked at Array to store but again no luck. Can some guide me please..
    • DineshPawar
      By DineshPawar
      0down votefavorite   In my current project, Excel macro open AutoIt script using a function Call Shell("location of autoit script").
      For proper functioning of AutoIt script it's need to be close parent Excel workbook, so this closing Excel action is written in AutoIt script itself.
      But as soon as AutoIt script close parent Excel workbook then script get pause and it do nothing.
      How open the AutoIt script from Excel workbook and after that parent Workbook get close?