AmarokStudios

Include Full Directory

1 post in this topic

Good afternoon AutoIt community!,

I was on Stackoverflow the other day and came across this question: How To Include Files From A Directory. This got me thinking... There has to be a way to do it... After a bunch of research, I wasn't able to find anything. So, I created this UDF to dynamically include every file from the directory. Of course, there are some bugs that I'd like to fix eventually, but for the most part, it works. Simply call the main function (Shown below) right after the rest of the includes before any of your actual code, and the UDF will include all of the au3 files in the specified directory. Without further ado, here is the _includeDir UDF and how to use it!

_includeDir.au3

Spoiler
#cs
        Name: _includeDir.au3
        Developer: Timothy Bomer
        Copyright: Amarok Studios LLC 2016
        Version: 1.0
        Description:
            The purpose of this UDF is to dynamically include all files inside of a folder.
            It works for the most part, but I am still working on a couple of bugs.
#CE

#Include <File.au3>

Global $mainUDF = "IncludeDirUDF"
Global $includeLib = $mainUDF & "\" & "loadIncludes.au3"
Global $tempLib = $mainUDF & "\" & "lib.txt"
Global $includeRewrite = $mainUDF & "\rewrite.au3"
Global $iDirHolder = ""

Func _includeDir($iDir, $lineToInc = 1, $restart = True)
    If (checkInclude()) = 1 Then
        FileDelete($tempLib)
        return
    EndIf
    If NOT (FileExists($iDir)) Then
        MsgBox(16,"Directory Doesn't Exists | _includeDir","The directory " & $iDir & " does not exist!")
        return 0
    EndIf
    $iDirHolder = $iDir
    initializeCheck()
    ; MsgBox(0,"Include Directory", "Attempting to include: " & $iDir)
    populateLib($iDir)
    populateIncLib()
    finalize($lineToInc, $restart)
EndFunc

Func checkInclude()
    FileOpen(@ScriptName, 0)
    For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines(@ScriptName)
        $checkLine = FileReadLine(@ScriptName, $i)
        If ($checkLine = '#Include "IncludeDirUDF\loadIncludes.au3"') Then
        return 1
        EndIf
    Next
EndFunc

; START Initialize Check
Func initializeCheck()
    ; MsgBox(0,"Checking. . .", "Is this initialized?")
    If (FileExists($mainUDF)) Then
        If NOT (FileExists($includeLib)) Then
            isError(2)
            return
        EndIf

; MsgBox(0,"Initialized","The UDF has been initialized")
    Else
        isError(1)
        return
    EndIf
EndFunc
; END Initialize Check

; START Library Population
Func populateLib($iDir = $iDirHolder)
    ; MsgBox(0,"Populating","Attempting to populate the library")
    If (FileExists($tempLib)) Then
        ; MsgBox(0,"Temp File Found","The temporary library file has been found. Attempting to populate.")
        $tLibCont = _FileListToArray(@ScriptDir & "\" & $iDir & "\", "*")
        $iDirSize = $tLibCont[0]
        ; MsgBox(0,"Size of Included Directory", $iDir & " contains " & $iDirSize & " files to include!")
        $writeLib = FileOpen($tempLib, 1)
        While $iDirSize > 0
            FileWriteLine($writeLib, '#Include "..\' & $iDir & '\' & $tLibCont[$iDirSize] & '"')
            $iDirSize -= 1
        WEnd
        FileClose($writeLib)
    Else
        isError(3)
        return
    EndIf
EndFunc
; END Library Population

; START Include Library Population
Func populateIncLib()
    ; MsgBox(0,"Rewriting. . .", "Attempting to re-write the include library")
    #CS
    If (FileExists($includeLib)) Then
        FileDelete($includeLib)
        _FileCreate($includeLib)
    EndIf
    #CE
    FileOpen($tempLib, 0)
    For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($tempLib)
        $line = FileReadLine($tempLib, $i)
        $reWriteLib = FileOpen($includeLib, 9)
        FileWriteLine($reWriteLib, $line)
        FileClose($reWriteLib)
    Next
    FileClose($tempLib)
EndFunc
; END Include Library Population

; START Finalize
Func finalize($lineToInc, $restart)
    _FileWriteToLine(@ScriptName, $lineToInc, '#Include "IncludeDirUDF\loadIncludes.au3"', False)
    If ($restart = True) Then
        runFile(@ScriptName)
    EndIf
    exit
    return
EndFunc

Func runFile($rFile)
    $file_loc = $rFile

If @Compiled = 1 Then
         $file_exe = FileGetShortName(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "' & $file_loc & '"')
         Run($file_exe)
    Else
         $file_au3 = FileGetShortName($file_loc)
         Run(@AutoItExe & " " & $file_au3, "", @SW_HIDE)
     EndIf
EndFunc

; START Error Reporting
Func isError($eFlag = "", $eMessage = "There was an error!")
    If ($eFlag = "") Then
        ; MsgBox(16,"ERROR", $eMessage)
        Exit
    EndIf

If ($eFlag = 1) Then
        ; MsgBox(16,"Not Initialized","This UDF has not been initialized")
        DirCreate($mainUDF)
        Sleep(250)
        initializeCheck()
        return
    ElseIf ($eFlag = 2) Then
        ; MsgBox(16,"Missing File","Missing the include library!")
        _FileCreate($includeLib)
        initializeCheck()
        return

ElseIf ($eFlag = 3) Then
        ; MsgBox(16,"Missing File", "Missing the temporary library! Creating it now!",3)
        _FileCreate($tempLib)
        populateLib()
        return
    EndIf
EndFunc
; END Error Reporting

Download this code (_includeDir.au3 attached as well) and place it into the directory with your current script. Next, include it in your main file. For now, I'm going to be using one called Example.au3.

#Include "_includeDir.au3"

Now, include whatever else you're going to be including in this script, then call the _includeDir function. NOTE: THIS MUST BE CALLED AT THE TOP OF THE SCRIPT, BEFORE ANY CODE IS WRITTEN! THE FUNCTION FORCES THE SCRIPT TO RESTART SO PUTTING IT LATER IN THE SCRIPT WILL RE-RUN THE CODE!

Example.au3

#Include <File.au3> ; Not needed. Just here as an example of a normal script.
#Include <Array.au3> ; Not needed. Just here as example of normal script.
_includeDir("Directory to Include")

MsgBox(0,"Example","This is just an example!")

See how the function is called near the top? This is the proper use of the UDF. If you had a folder called "Directory to Include" and had a bunch of .au3 files inside of it, the function would include them all into the Example.au3 script.

If you run the Example.au3 file now, it will most likely tell you "The directory Things to Include does not exist!". Make sure you enter the name of the directory you're trying to include. Just as a side note, when including files, you should put all of the code in the INCLUDED files inside of functions so they aren't automatically run when included. Variables can be outside of the functions so they are automatically set. Remember, if you have a variable in one included file with the same name of variable in another included file, it will be overwritten with whichever include file was included last.

Anyways, if you have pointed the directory to include parameter to a folder that exists and run the Example.au3, it will generate a folder called IncludeDirUDF. It will also write a new line inside of Example.au3. It will write the line 

#Include "IncludeDirUDF\loadIncludes.au3"

on line one. Of course, you don't always want it to be written to line one, right? Maybe you want this bit of code to be written on line 3 in order to keep your code organize. Is there a way to do this? Absolutely! Simply add the line number as a second parameter to the function. For example, we want to have this bit of code written on line 3, we would set up our Example.au3 file to look like this.

_includeDir("Directory to Include", 3)

See how we added the 3 to the end of _includeDir? This will tell the function to write the #Include "IncludeDirUDF\loadIncludes.au3" on line 3 of Example.au3. Note, the line HAS TO EXIST in order to be written to it. For example, if your Example.au3 code only has 6 lines, and you specify to be written on line 7, it WILL NOT WORK.

The code is designed to include and restart in order to process the included files. For some reason, if you want to JUST generate the included file and NOT restart, you can add one more parameter to the code. If you don't want the code to restart, simply set your code up to look like this:

_includeDir("Directory to Include", 3, False)

Note, if you set this last parameter to false, it will simply generate the included file and write to line 3 of Example.au3 (As specified before) and exit before the code reaches the MsgBox() and it will not be displayed.

The last important thing to note: In order to re-include a different set of files, you must delete the #Include "IncludeDirUDF\loadIncludes.au3" from your main script (In this case, Example.au3) and delete the generated file, IncludeDirUDF. Now you can simply rerun Example.au3 and it will include any the dir with any changes you made to it. Only .au3 files should be in the directory you're trying to include as it will not process the other files and will generate an error.

I hope this UDF helps somebody out! Comment any questions/concerns you may have and I will try to address them as soon as possible!

Thanks,

Timothy

CEO - Amarok Studios

_includeDir.au3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• vikashbitm2010
      By vikashbitm2010
      Hi all,
      I want to return string from autoit script to the python code.
      Autoit:
      Exit("22 FE 45") -> not working
      Exit(1) -> Working
      Exit(0) -> Working
      python:
      import os
      res=os.system(autoitmine.exe)
      print "res",res
      I got some hint of @ExitCode macro, but dont know how to use it to get the string in python variable 'res'.
      Please resolve this issue for me if anyone knows about this.

• QuickWhiteWolf
      By QuickWhiteWolf
      Hi everyone,

I was previously a member of this forum under the username Wombat. It's been years and multiple email accounts closed since then so I decided to start fresh and take a moment to thank you all... (Admins/Mods let me know if we need to discuss this...)

I started programming with AutoIT while working as a scrap catcher for a machine that chopped scrap into pieces for easier moving, I learned styles and gained strengths from some of the best members on this forum by reverse engineering their code. I gained the confidence of our IT manager by making a boast that I could write an application to replace a p.o.s. cobalt based app we were using on the floor at that time, needless to say I was way in over my head but he saw that I had potential and I luckily had built several other apps on the side that were of equal or greater value to the company. I've been working as help-desk for the past 3 years and writing software as well to facilitate the help desk and solve recurring issues with our users. I was given an office and moved out of help-desk about a year ago, after 5 years of hard work I've actually landed the title of Jr. Developer moving into mid level title/pay this year! The company has already set out an improvement path that sees me with 4 certs and a bachelors in 4 more years making great money. Before this I had only ever worked at gas stations, fast food and manual labor jobs. If you're ever worried about your life, want something more, or just want a change you can do it. It's not easy, not at all, but it's possible and software programming is a very rewarding field if you like to make things and see how others interact with them.

I utilized AutoIT to bring a company into the twenty-first century, away from paper trails and sticky notes improving the quality of life for the employees on the floor (where I started before learning AutoIT). I was given the go ahead to purchase visual studio and I learned VB.Net and built an awesome piece of Zebra labeling software (Utilizing ZPL code translated froma graphical editor) for our shipping department. Now I'm diving head first into C# and we have another programmer on board as we move on to MS Team Services and begin to tackle a sweet new project involving real time awareness of our product on the factory floor utilizing RFID and windows 10 tablets.

That's a long way to come in just 4 years, and I couldn't have done it without the gigantic heart this community has and the mentorship provided for people looking to get into programming.

So from the bottom of my heart, with immense respect.... Thank you so much AutoIT community
    • Valnurat
      By Valnurat
      Hi.
      How do you find all printers installed on a computer?
      I'm searching for the name, location and port

• SorryButImaNewbie
      By SorryButImaNewbie
      Hello,
      I try to add a new UDF to my AutoIT library, and it seems I fail. I started to work following the insturctions found on the wiki . 
      I made an extra folder just next to my AutoIT folder, called ExtraUDF, and copied the file CUIAutomation2.au3 in it (I try to use this UDF for automating a program) then I run sciteconfig, set this folder up as User Include Folder, applied the changes, then run the calltip manager and got a msg when I tried to parse it. I attach a few pictures for better present the problem.
      I think I miss something here, should i put anything else on the ExtraUDF folder? I dont think that the CallTip manager added the udf to scite, If I try to run it i get a msg saying that I Scite cant open the include file and naturally after that, It can't use the functions called from it.
      Thank you for your help and insight as always! Please ask, if anything is fuzzy about the problem

• anub13
      By anub13
      Hi,

I am having difficulties wondering why my code bugging like this,
      the symptom : I have a form with combo box, and details in bottom of the app, when user choose another option the details changes immediately but when I go to details, it goes up and down endlessly
      here is the code

Global $cChkPatrol, $YES= "YES", $NO = "NO" if GUICtrlRead($combo1) = "YES" Then $cChkPatrol = $YES Else $cChkPatrol = $NO EndIf func StartForm() GUICtrlSetData($txtInfo,"ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT WILL BE SENT WITH THE MESSAGE:" & @CRLF & asdfgSystemInfo()) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) AdlibRegister("_CheckPatrol") While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Select case $nMsg = $txtEmailAddress GUICtrlSetData($txtInfo,"ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT WILL BE SENT WITH THE MESSAGE:" & @CRLF & asdfgSystemInfo()) case $nMsg = $txtPhone GUICtrlSetData($txtInfo,"ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT WILL BE SENT WITH THE MESSAGE:" & @CRLF & asdfgSystemInfo()) case $nMsg = $txtFullName GUICtrlSetData($txtInfo,"ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT WILL BE SENT WITH THE MESSAGE:" & @CRLF & asdfgSystemInfo()) case $nMsg = $cChkPatrol GUICtrlSetData($txtInfo,"ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT WILL BE SENT WITH THE MESSAGE:" & @CRLF & asdfgSystemInfo()) case $nMsg = $cmdScreenShot $gScreenShotFile = SaveScreenShot() case $nMsg = $cmdSubmit if ValidateForm() then if asdfgSubmit() Then UpdateStatus("Your request has been sent successfully") MsgBox(0,"Help Requested","Your request has been sent successfully") ExitLoop Else MsgBox(0,"Help Failed","Something is wrong you request was not sent, please try again") Endif endIf case $nMsg = $cmdAttach $gAttachFile = AttachFile() Case $nMsg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop EndSelect WEnd AdlibUnRegister("_CheckPatrol") EndFunc func asdfgSystemInfo() dim $asdfgInfo $asdfgInfo = "" & @CRLF if $isAdminVersion=1 then $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & @CRLF & " Ticket Tags:" & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~#userphone='" & GUICtrlRead($txtPhone) & "'" & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~#submitterphone='" & GUICtrlRead($txtPhone) & "'" & @CRLF dim $MachineID $MachineID = KaseyaIni($gKIniFile,"SERVER COMMUNICATIONS","User_Name","NotFound") $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~#machineid='" & $MachineID & "'" & @CRLF dim $OrgGroups $OrgGroups= StringSplit($MachineID,".") dim $OrgGroupIndex $OrgGroupIndex = UBound($OrgGroups) - 1 $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~#organization='" & $OrgGroups[$OrgGroupIndex] & "'" & @CRLF dim $EmailUser $EmailUser = GUICtrlRead($txtEmailAddress) $EmailUser = StringMid($EmailUser,1,StringInStr($EmailUser,"@") - 1) & @CRLF & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~#username='" & $EmailUser & "'" & @CRLF ;dim ;Call("isChecked") ;$categ = GUICtrlRead($chkPatrol) ;$asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "-#category='" & $categ & "'" & @CRLF EndIf $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "Email:" & GUICtrlRead($txtEmailAddress) & @CRLF & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "Full Name:" & GUICtrlRead($txtFullName) & @CRLF & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "Phone:" & GUICtrlRead($txtPhone) & @CRLF & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "DateTime:" & _Now() & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "MachineName:" & @ComputerName & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "UserName:" & @UserName & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "OS:" & @OSType & " " & @OSVersion & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "LogonDomain:" & @OSType & " " & @LogonDomain & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "LogonDNSDomain:" & @OSType & " " & @LogonDNSDomain & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "OS:" & @OSType & " " & @OSVersion & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "IP Address:" & @IPAddress1 & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "Public IP Address:" & GetPublicIP() &@CRLF ;$asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "Public IP Address:" & _GetIP () &@CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "OS:" & NetAdapterInfo() $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "KaseyaInstalled:" & KaseyaInstalled() & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "KaseyaRunning:" & KaseyaRunning() & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "KaseyaAgentGUID:" & KaseyaIni($gKIniFile,"SERVER COMMUNICATIONS","Agent_Guid","NotFound") & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "asdfgPaid:" & isasdfgIDPaid() & @CRLF if $isAdminVersion=0 then $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & @CRLF & " Ticket Tags:" & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~userphone='" & GUICtrlRead($txtPhone) & "'" & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~submitterphone='" & GUICtrlRead($txtPhone) & "'" & @CRLF dim $MachineID $MachineID = KaseyaIni($gKIniFile,"SERVER COMMUNICATIONS","User_Name","NotFound") $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~machineid='" & $MachineID & "'" & @CRLF dim $OrgGroups $OrgGroups= StringSplit($MachineID,".") dim $OrgGroupIndex $OrgGroupIndex = UBound($OrgGroups) - 1 $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~organization='" & $OrgGroups[$OrgGroupIndex] & "'" & @CRLF dim $EmailUser $EmailUser = GUICtrlRead($txtEmailAddress) $EmailUser = StringMid($EmailUser,1,StringInStr($EmailUser,"@") - 1) $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~username='" & $EmailUser & "'" & @CRLF dim $categ $categ = $chkPatrol $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~category='" & $categ & "'" & @CRLF dim $track $track = $cChkPatrol $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~test='" & $cChkPatrol & "'" & @CRLF $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~afterhour='" & $AfterHour & "'" & @CRLF endif Return $asdfgInfo endFunc  
      Yes it was same app as previous post in the forum I asked, I also having experience this happening before but I fail to understand the reason why this is happening. Thanks in advance.
      ButtonSupport - Copy.au3