Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jfcby

Firefox With MozRepl Does Not Work With Multiple Lines of Text

4 posts in this topic

I have a script that sends multiple lines of text to a textbox using Firefox. I using _FFSetValue($sCellValue[7], "line one" & @CR & "line two", "id") from ff.au3. If it's a single line of text it works but MozRepl give the following error with multiple lines of text.

Error:  

__FFSend: try{FFau3.simulateEvent(window.content.top.document.getElementById('line one
line two'),'Event','change',13);}catch(e){'_FFCmd_Err';};

__FFWaitForRepl ==> Error return value: MozRepl ....>
__FFSend: ;
__FFRecv:
__FFSend: FFau3.WCD=window.content.top.document;

__FFWaitForRepl ==> Error return value: MozRepl ....>
__FFRecv: !!! SyntaxError: unterminated string literal

Details:

[object HTMLDocument] - {mainForm: {...}, location: {...}, getElementsByName: function() {...}, getItems: function() {...}, open: function() {...}, close: function() {...}, write: function() {...}, ...}
!!! SyntaxError: unterminated string literal

Will MozRepl plugin for Firefox send multiple lines of text to a textbox?

Thanks for your help.

Determined -- Devoted -- Delivered Make your mind up -- to seriously apply yourself -- accomplishing the desired results. **** A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Proverbs 15:1 KJB ****

Please post a script that we can run to reproduce the issue. Be sure to use a public website that anyone can access.

Also, please provide additional info regarding your setup (ie: AutoIT version, FF.au3 version, etc).

I'm using the following...

AutoIt Version: v3.3.6.1
FF.au3 version: V0.6.0.1b-15
Firefox Version: 45.0.2
Excel Version: Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013

My full script is reading text from a cell in an Excel file that has multiple lines of text.

For example:

Line 1
Line 2
Line 3

Each cell will vary in how many lines each has. Some will have 2 while others will have more.

In order to provide a script that gives the same error that I'm getting run the following script.

#include <FF.au3>
; trying to connect to a running FireFox with MozRepl on
If _FFConnect(Default, Default, 3000) Then

Local $ET, $ETLS
    ; open a page
    _FFOpenURL("http://frankiecooper.com/contact/")
    Sleep(3000)

$ET1 = "Example Text Line 1"
    $ET2 = "Example Text Line 2"
    $ET3 = "Example Text Line 3"

$ETLS = $ET1 & @LF
    $ETLS &= $ET2 & @LF
    $ETLS &= $ET3
    MsgBox(0, "", $ETLS)

_FFSetValue($ETLS , "fscf_field1_3", "id") ;

; disconnect from FireFox
    If _FFDisConnect() Then MsgBox(64, "", "Disconnected from FireFox!")
Else
    MsgBox(64, "", "Can't connect to FireFox!")
EndIf

Thanks for your help.

Determined -- Devoted -- Delivered Make your mind up -- to seriously apply yourself -- accomplishing the desired results. **** A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Proverbs 15:1 KJB ****

I'm not a big user of _FFSetValue. Here's how I would do it --

#include <FF.au3>
; trying to connect to a running FireFox with MozRepl on
If _FFConnect(Default, Default, 3000) Then

Local $ET, $ETLS
    ; open a page
    _FFOpenURL("http://frankiecooper.com/contact/")
    Sleep(3000)

$ET1 = "Example Text Line 1"
    $ET2 = "Example Text Line 2"
    $ET3 = "Example Text Line 3"

Local $cField = 'fscf_field1_3'
    Local $NL = '\n'

$ETLS = $ET1 & $NL
    $ETLS &= $ET2 & $NL
    $ETLS &= $ET3

_FFXPath("//textarea[@id='" & $cField & "']")
    _FFCmd("FFau3.xpath.value='" & $ETLS & "'")

; disconnect from FireFox
    _FFDisConnect()
Else
    MsgBox(64, "", "Can't connect to FireFox!")
EndIf

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• danielzy
      Trying to use FF.au3 to extract some information from a table
      By danielzy
      Hey guys, I'm pretty new to autoit and I'm trying to use FF.au3 to extract some cells from a table which looks like that:

<table border="0" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="1"> <tr> <td class="BlueInputKind" align="left" nowrap>HEADING1</td> <td class="BlueInputKind" nowrap>HEADING2</td> <td class="BlueInputKind" nowrap>HEADING3</td> <td class="BlueInputKind" nowrap>HEADING4</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="BlackTextEng" dir="ltr">Text1</td> <td class="BlackTextCenter" valign="top" dir="rtl">Number</td> <td nowrap class="BlackText" valign="top" nowrap>Text3</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="BlackTextEng" dir="ltr">Text1</td> <td class="BlackTextCenter" valign="top" dir="rtl">Number</td> <td nowrap class="BlackText" valign="top" nowrap>Text3</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="BlackTextEng" dir="ltr">Text1</td> <td class="BlackTextCenter" valign="top" dir="rtl">Number</td> <td nowrap class="BlackText" valign="top" nowrap>Text3</td> </tr> My end goal is to:
      If Text1 == something && Number > SomeNumber Then DoSomething I managed to connect to firefox using repl and clicked some links etc but I'm not even close to achieving something like the above. Any help will be appreciated.
    • emrecnl
      my Firefox script starts with firefox wizards always
      By emrecnl
      hello I'm using a firefox script to access a web url, it's gathering weblogin url, username password etc from another server, but it fails because each time it runs firefox it launches with default firefox wizards such as importing bookmarks from IE and then a popup to check whether firefox is default browser or not.

how can I prevent this? what kind of code should I add?
      if needed I can also share the script.
    • emrecnl
      Is it possible to use Firefox instead of IE if script is written for IE?
      By emrecnl
      Well I guess my title summarizes the question.
      What do I need to change in script? Should I only edit IE paths to Firefox?
    • DrewSS
      javascript menu automation help - _FFCmd
      By DrewSS
      Hello,
      I'm looking for some direction with how to automate the exporting of an excel report through a javascript driven menu; unfortunately it does not support IE, so Firefox is what i've been trying, and I can navigate all the way through the dashboard and generate the report, but to export it I need to go through the menu. The menu has onmousedown and onmouseover events that I'm not sure how to send. It looks like I can do this with _FFCmd, but it may take several statements.. can someone help me get started?

This is the path to export:

<div id="mstr395" tstid="" class="mstrmojo-ListBase mstrmojo-ui-Menu unselectable mojo-theme-dark visible" style="top: 0px; right: 100%; bottom: auto; left: auto;"
      onclick="mstrmojo.dom.captureDomEvent('mstr395','click', self, event)"
      ondblclick="mstrmojo.dom.captureDomEvent('mstr395','dblclick', self, event)"
      onmousedown="mstrmojo.dom.captureDomEvent('mstr395','mousedown', self, event)"
      onmouseover="mstrmojo.dom.captureDomEvent('mstr395','mouseover', self, event)"
      onmouseout="mstrmojo.dom.captureDomEvent('mstr395','mouseout', self, event)"
      oncontextmenu="mstrmojo.dom.captureDomEvent('mstr395','contextmenu', self, event)">
      <div class="mstrmojo-ui-Menu-item-container" style="">
      <a class="item exportToExcel mstrmojo-ui-Menu-item" idx="0" style="" title="">
      <div class="micn"></div>Excel</a><a class="item exportToPDF mstrmojo-ui-Menu-item" idx="1" style="" title="">

Sorry I cannot provide access to the dashboard as it has sensitive information. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!