CT83

All GUI Labels Display Weird Text (222)

CT83

I my gui labels, tab names, and everything has suddenly started displaying the digits "222" for some reason. I personally have not set them to display this, I searched for the string "222" in my code to see if i was accidentally over-writing them by code bt, i dont seem to find anything. This is a mysterious problem! Has anyone encountered anything like this?

PS Attaching a screenshot of what my gui currently looks like. The error occurs after some time of running the code, I am not quite sure which line is causing the error. so i cant really produce a reproducer

2016-12-11-PHOTO-00002610.jpg

Edited by CT83
added code

Melba23

CT83,

It is obviously the additional variable you have put in line #87.

Seriously, if you want help with this problem, post the code that you use to create the GUI so we can take a look.

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

CT83
5 minutes ago, Melba23 said:

CT83,

It is obviously the additional variable you have put in line #87.

Seriously, if you want help with this problem, post the code that you use to create the GUI so we can take a look.

M23

Done, Melba23

Melba23

CT83,

And when you run that code as posted (with a loop to keep it visible) it gives you "222" in every label? It certainly does not when I do.

The only thing I can think of is that you have a loop somewhere else in your script which is setting every control to that value. Is there such a loop somewhere later in the script which might do this?

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

CT83
Just now, Melba23 said:

CT83,

And when you run that code as posted (with a loop to keep it visible) it gives you "222" in every label? It certainly does not when I do.

The only thing I can think of is that you have a loop somewhere else in your script which is setting every control to that value. Is there such a loop somewhere later in the script which might do this?

M23

No, that's the surprising part, When I run it it gives me no errors or 222 either! I have no loop to set the data of every label to 222, but! when i compile it and leave it running and doing for few hours on other machines it automatically sets the 222 values.

PS on searching for the value "222" in my code the only thing it returned was "color_Var2=0x222222" this was the only instance of the characters 222 in my code no thing else any where! 

Btw is there a way to actually do that? I mean set values of every  label to a certain value? and what should i be looking for which might cause this kind of problem?

I am going to run few tests again and report here!

Melba23

CT83,

I suggest posting the entire script - something in there must be changing the label content.

If it is a loop it would have to be along these lines:

For $i = Some_Smallish_Number To Some_Much_Bigger_Number
    GUICtrlSetData($i, Some_variable_set_to_222)
Next

Then every control that reacts to that command would change. But I would have thought that such a thing would be pretty obvious - hence my puzzlement.

M23

Spoiler

CT83
6 hours ago, Melba23 said:

CT83,

I suggest posting the entire script - something in there must be changing the label content.

If it is a loop it would have to be along these lines:

For $i = Some_Smallish_Number To Some_Much_Bigger_Number
    GUICtrlSetData($i, Some_variable_set_to_222)
Next

Then every control that reacts to that command would change. But I would have thought that such a thing would be pretty obvious - hence my puzzlement.

M23

Yes! you were right! it was this bit of code 

$Successful=$Successful+1
GUICtrlSetData($Successful,$guielement)

Reversed the, $guielement var and $Successful var. :( and as it turns out the label number of $guielement was number 222, so it was setting it to 222. 

I apologize for the carelessness from my side. :( My bad...:>

Thanks M23, u are awesome! :) 

Melba23

CT83,

Glad you found the misbehaving line and that I could help.

M23

Spoiler