Simpel

read out count of my notifications autoitscript.com

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I read the forum rules and the passage "interacting with this website", too. I'm not completely sure whether it would be ok to read out my count of notifications by script (there is no automated login) as I do on a private forum where I am the webmaster. There I once in a minute read out unread posts like this:

#include <inet.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>

Local $iTreffer = ""
Local $sPause

$hGUI = GUICreate('Ungelesen', 55, 20, @DesktopWidth - 166, 0, $WS_POPUP + $WS_BORDER, $WS_EX_TOPMOST + $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW)
$hDragLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 0, 0, 20, 20, -1, $GUI_WS_EX_PARENTDRAG)
$hIcon = GUICtrlCreateIcon("shell32.dll", 7, 2, 2, 16, 16)
$hTreffer = GUICtrlCreateLabel($iTreffer, 20, 0, 35, 20,$SS_CENTER)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1,14)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

Auslesen_Treffer()
GUICtrlSetData($hTreffer, $iTreffer)

While 1
    $sJetzt = TimerDiff($sPause)
    If $sJetzt > 60000 Then
        Auslesen_Treffer()
        GUICtrlSetData($hTreffer, $iTreffer)
    EndIf
    Sleep(100)
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $msg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func Auslesen_Treffer()
    $sPause = TimerInit()
    $source = _INetGetSource("https://xxx.yyyy.de/search.php?search_id=unreadposts") ; your forum here
    If @error Then
        $iTreffer = ""
        Return
    EndIf
    $sTreffer = StringRegExp($source, "Die Suche ergab \d*? Treffer", 1)
    If $sTreffer = "0" Then
        $iTreffer =""
        Return
    EndIf
    $sTrimTreffer = StringTrimLeft($sTreffer[0],16)
    $iTreffer = Number(StringTrimRight($sTrimTreffer, 8))
EndFunc

Is it allowed to catch the count of notifications from autoitscript.com that way? I always log in personally by website.

As I looked into the html source code of autoitscript.com I couldn't find something like the count of notifications. Where could I find it?

If my post is against the rules, I apologize, and I would delete the post immediatly.

Regards, Conrad

Simpel,

As long as this is a "one-off" read after login and not a repetitive query I do not see it as a problem.

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Ok, so you think as my example above shows once in a minute is against forum rule part:

• "Other abuses which are either examples of excessive bandwidth usage or automation of the site."

So I should respect this. 

Until now I couldn't identify the part in "notifications.htm" that describes the count of unread/unseen notifications.

Suggestions? Regards, Conrad

Simpel,

so you think as my example above shows once in a minute is against forum rule

Exactly.

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Ok, so let's think about the following: I have an opened IE-window with the Forum logged in. Even if the IE is minimized I can hear a "pling" (if I have loudspeakers) when a new notification appears and there comes an icon with a counter. 

Is there a possibility to grab the current content of this IE-window and read out if there is a counter icon?

Regards, Conrad 

Simpel,

As I stated earlier, doing this as a one-off is fine, but not if it is repetitive - which it would have to be to react to a new notification. So stop trying to find wiggle room to make it legal - there is none and I am closing the thread so as not to waste any more time having to explain for a third time.

Besides if you get a "pling" why do you need the count? Is it really so important to know about how many forum notifications have been made so quickly?

M23

Spoiler