FrancescoDiMuro

Excel question...

FrancescoDiMuro

Hi guys! How are you? Hope you're fine :)
I've been using Excel UDF for a while, and I always wanted to post this question:
"Why, everytime I set the paramter $bVisible = False of the _Excel_Open() function, IF I HAVE AN EXCEL SHEET OPENED, I still can see the Excel opening and doing what I wrote in the script? And, in this case, how can I avoid this?"

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

Thoughts:

• I will always thank you for the time you spent for me.
    I'm here to ask, and from your response, I'd like to learn.
    By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

JLogan3o13

@FrancescoDiMuro You mean you have one excel sheet open already, and you're opening a different one through your script? 

If I have 1.xlsx open on my desktop, and use the code below:

#include <Excel.au3>

;1.xlsx opened manually and visible

Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open()
Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, @DesktopDir & "\2.xlsx")

the excel object (and thus the sheet) is hidden, as I would expect it to be. 

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

FrancescoDiMuro

@JLogan3o13
Good morning buddy!
Thanks for the reply :)

I used ( and I would like to use again ) Excel UDF to create Export ( I looked at Word UDF too, I'm going to explain soon my "I would like to..." :D ) files, but everytime I have an Excel sheet opened, and I do some management with Excel UDF, sheets appears and show what I set to do with my sheet. It's a strange thing, I don't know why it does occur... 
Talking about Word UDF, I have a 2D array ( returned by a ListView ), and I would like to create a report with this array, inside a Word table... I tried with this, but texts are a bit untidy... Can you help me out, please? :) 

Local $oWord = _Word_Create(False)
            If @error Then
                MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Errore!", "Errore durante la creazione dell'oggetto Word." & @CRLF & "Errore: " & @error)
            Else
                ; The field alreay exists, but would be nice if I can create it... I thought at _FileCreate() :) 
                Local $oDoc = _Word_DocOpen($oWord, $sCartellaModelli & "\Esportazione_Modello.doc")
                If @error Then
                    MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Errore!", "Errore durante l'aggiunta di un nuovo documento Word." & "Errore: " & @error)
                Else
                    Local $oRange = _Word_DocRangeSet($oWord, 0)
                    If @error Then
                        MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Errore!", "Errore durante il settaggio del range nel documento Word." & @CRLF & "Errore: " & @error)
                    Else
                        _Word_DocTableWrite($oRange, $aListView, Default)
                        If @error Then
                            MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Errore!", "Errore durante la creazione della tabella." & @CRLF & "Errore: " & @error & "Informazioni: " & @extended)
                        Else
                            _Word_DocSaveAs($oDoc, $sCartellaEsportazioni & "\Esportazione_di_prova.doc")
                        EndIf
                    EndIf
                EndIf
            EndIf

And this is the actual result:
Cattura.PNG

Spoiler

Thoughts:

By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

JLogan3o13

Ok, so are you looking for help with the Excel issue or the Word issue? You are bouncing around a bit. Choose one issue and we can try to troubleshoot with you.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

FrancescoDiMuro

@JLogan3o13
Sorry for my bad explanation :)
I would like to have help on Word UDF at the moment, thanks :) 

Spoiler

Thoughts:

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

BrewManNH
7 hours ago, FrancescoDiMuro said:

I would like to have help on Word UDF at the moment, thanks

Open a new thread, you're confusing things by referencing Excel and Word problems in the same thread when they're unrelated issues.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      Hey. I'm working on a new project and was wondering if there is a better way to "update" my Column E array. 
      Here is my code: 
      Local $nI  = 0                                                            ;Creates a name index of 0: nI = Name index Local $nII = 1                                                            ;Creates a name index of 1 for second loop: nII = Name Index 2 For    $iN = 0 To $IndexRows Step 1                                       ;Checks the roster for any names that appear twice      For $iN2 = 0 To $IndexRows Step 1          if $d_Names[$nI] == $d_Names[$nII] And $d_Names[$nII] <> "" Then              Local $timeSheetName = _ArraySearch($e_Names, $d_Names[$nI], 0, 0, 0, 0, 1)              ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Found it", $d_Names[$nI] & " In column E on Row " & $timeSheetName)              Local $eI  = $timeSheetName + 1              ;ConsoleWrite($timeSheetName & @CRLF)              ;ConsoleWrite($eI & @CRLF)              ;ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)              _Excel_RangeInsert($OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, "E" & $eI & ":F" & $eI, $xlShiftDown)                                                                          ;Inserts a empty cell in columns E and F.              _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $d_Names[$nII], "E" & $eI)                                                                         ;Fills the empty cell in columns E with the doubled name              $aArray_Index = 2                                           ;Array element counter              For $Index = 2 To $IndexRows Step 1                        ;Loops through every row in the Excel file unto no rows are found or a null row is found                  $Array_Value_E = _Excel_RangeRead($OpenWorkbook, Default, "E"&$Index)                  $e_names[$aArray_Index] = $Array_Value_E                ;While the code loops every value in column E is stored in the E array (updating the array)                  $aArray_Index += 1              Next              ExitLoop          EndIf      Next      $nI  += 1      $nII += 1 Next Basically, It checks a roster for people whose name appears twice then inserts a new "row" for that person because they work in two different departments.
      I have to find that name however in Column E if two appear in column D. My code works but I think it is not as efficient as it could be. 
      Any ideas on how to improve the "update" for my array?
      (once it finds the double names in Column D it then searches for that name by going name by name in the Column E array and once it finds it inserts a new row. However, the E array doesn't have that new row stored in it so I have to "update" the array to properly find the next name)
      Any and all tips would be greatly appreciated. 

NOTE: Just assume I'm opening the excel file properly please do not add that code in, it only complicates your answer. 
    • smud
      By smud
      Currently, I'm working on a program that will display Dialog boxes with either Yes or No.
      For each dialog, I reward the user with X amount of Credits.
      I'm hoping to output the amount of credits to a cell in a column (there will be 20 different columns).
      It will only post to a row that is equal to today's date (first column). If no row exists yet with the current date, it will start a new row.
      Any suggestions?
      Thank you
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      How do I properly convert this to Autoit? This is a VBA macro that I recorded in Excel.
       ActiveSheet.Outline.ShowLevels RowLevels:=2 I need this to close my subtotal once it is finished. 
      any help will be greatly appreciated. 
    • Skeletor
      By Skeletor
      Hi All,
      While creating a few excel spreadsheets using AutoIt, I came across something which to my limiting time to research the forums I don't anyone has mentioned. 
      The color pallettes are reversed. 
      Huge shock to me.

I wanted to produce a red row but kept on getting blue. 
      Seems like 0xFF0000 was red on the charts but when running the script, I got blue. 
      I then played around with the colors, and after a few tries, I finally got Red. 
      Reversed the FF0000 and the result is 0000FF.

So for Excel compared to Html
      0000FF (Red) - Excel
      0000FF (Blue) - Html

FFFF00 (Cyan) - Excel
      FFFF00(Yellow) - Html

• Jemboy
      By Jemboy
      Yesterday I had to make some little changes to an old Autoit program we use at my work.
      The program reads some data and convert it to Excel.
      Before writing the cell, it is changed to text and later on I slap the column with an autofitwidth.
      Furthermore weI execute a conditional format on the sheet, to make the data more readable.
      I quickly found out that because of the breaking changes Excel.udf had starting from AutoIt 3.3.12.0,
      a lot of things had to been changed.
      The changes I had to do, only took 10 minutes.
      After trying to adjust the script for over 5 hours, to get it working with the new Excel.udf, I gave up.
      I stopped changing the script, uninstalled the my Autoit and went looking for an older version.
      Luckilly I was able to find Autoit v3.3.8.1 (with corresponding Scite) in my software repository.
      Installing Autoit V3.3.8.1 and compiling the file, now took me  10 minutes .

So why did I not get the old script working with the new Excel.udf?
      There are several reasons I failed getting the old script working with the new Excel UDF.
       I had some pressure from management to fix it ASAP (and got a little anxious)  Most all resources on the internet point to the working of the old EXcel.UDF And offcourse there were thosing "breaking changes",
      with new functions using diffrent parameters or using parameters in different order. One of the column's on the sheet is used to store EAN13 (barcode) and was formatted like 1,23E12.
      I couldn't change the cell to text, also autofitwidt was not working and using conditional formatting was also a no-no.
      So in the end I could use the new Excel UDF, but not desapointed management.

What would I like to ask?
      I understand that sometimes you want to rewrite a program to make it better. I even understand that one has to make breaking changes sometimes.
      But in this case because of lacking examples/resources my day went completely down the drain.
      I would like to ask the Excel.udf developpers to:
      Make more functions available to do things like changing cell properties easily, changing cell color, do an autofit columnwidth, format data conditionally. 
        Or write an Example using the (new) Excel UDF, making examples how to format a cell, do conditional format, changing cell colors etc.
        I probably am more of an example guy.
      Having a good Excel.UDF Example showing a lot of common things normally makes, programming things easy for me.
      Because I can keep tweaking snippets until I get it working the way I want it.

So dear developpers, could you help me and other future user out?