ThunderBird to Tray

argumentum

gmail does not allow to things that a regular email client do, so, thunderbird is a good option.

But ThunderBird does not have a minimize to tray option. There are plugins but I read around forums and they have problems depending on the version, so, I wrote a non-plugin solution to my wanting.

Sources and compiled executable files are at https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/files/file/438-thundrebirdtotray/

The tray icons are:

Pruple = ThunderBird is not running. A double click will run it.
Blue = ThunderBird is visible. A double click will hide it
Green = ThunderBird is hidden. A double click will unhide it.

Right click will show a menu to:

Minimize to tray.
Show/hide ( just as a double click on the tray icon would )
Compose a new email.
Browse some folders that may be of interest.

In new version 0.2017.3.11
added: command line options /RunAs "UserName" [/minimized] [/hidden].
ThunderBirdToTray.RunAsGui.20170311.png
  the user/password is saved encrypted to the ini file to each user's configuration.
added: -purgecaches as its needed from time to time to clear the javascript cache.
fixed: "dyslexia induced" misnamed files.
added: browse startup folders

PS: I run this from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Thunderbird" but I guess you can run it from anywhere. The features implemented are those to fit my needs. If you'd like to add a feature, I could go the extra mile line of code and add it. You may even make me aware of things that can be done, and be of use, that I did not know at the time of coding this.

Edited by argumentum
clarify a bit what it is

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

6 hours ago, TheDcoder said:

Been using this for a while now...

..was looking at random reviews ( for example https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/minimizetotray-revived/reviews/839384/ ) that got me to write this.

I needed to run this as another user ( as Admin ), so I added the functionality, to ease the burden to have to type the password each time. I can now also put a shorcut in the startup :) 
Added the ability to run -purgecaches, which fixes some troubles with the javascript cache ( as far as I read ), so it may come in handy.
And since I was at it, to start minimized or hidden. ( tho, now that I think about it, the /h or /m will only work with RunAs, for non-RunAs, the whole /minimized or /hidden must be used , .... I'll fix that some time soon )

so, new version 0.2017.3.10 on the first post.

...fixed the command line arguments so any partial of the argument is sufficient. Since I was on it, added a browse startup folders, to drag'n'drop a link, to do the /RunAs on startup. So, new version 0.2017.3.11 on the first post.