Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rootx

GDI responsive GUI Help [SOLVED]

9 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

how can I fit the image when the GUI is maximized? I would like to always measure the 50% height and width of the GUI and is always in the bottom right poistion, and does not lose its quality.

THX

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GDIPlus.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>

#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 615, 437, 192, 124,BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI,$WS_MAXIMIZEBOX,$WS_TABSTOP))

_GDIPlus_Startup()
        $hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile(@ScriptDir&"\img.jpg")
        $hGraphics = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND($Form1)
        $resimg = _GDIPlus_ImageResize($hImage,200,300)
        _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage($hGraphics, $resimg, 0, 0)

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_PAINT, "MY_WM_PAINT")
;GUIRegisterMsg($WM_SIZE, "WM_SIZE")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW,$Form1)

#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

Func MY_WM_PAINT($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
    #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam
    _WinAPI_RedrawWindow($Form1, 0, 0, $RDW_UPDATENOW)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage($hGraphics, $resimg, 300, 0)
    _WinAPI_RedrawWindow($Form1, 0, 0, $RDW_VALIDATE)
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>MY_WM_PAINT

;Func WM_SIZE($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
;    #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam
;    Local $xClient, $yClient
;    $xClient = BitAND($ilParam, 0x0000FFFF)
;    $yClient = BitShift($ilParam, 16)
;   _WinAPI_RedrawWindow($Form1, 0, 0, $RDW_UPDATENOW)
;   _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage($hGraphics, $resimg, $xClient/2, $yClient/2)
;   _WinAPI_RedrawWindow($Form1, 0, 0, $RDW_VALIDATE)
;   ConsoleWrite($xClient & "   "&$yClient&@CR)
;    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
;EndFunc

Edited by rootx

#2 ·  Posted

Not sure I understand. Do you want the image to be drawn to fit the GUI window or do you want the image to be drawn starting at the exact midpoint of the GUI (width and height)? Making it be drawn in the bottom right corner of the GUI.

1 person likes this

#3 ·  Posted

Here's how you would do it if you want the image to fit the width and height of the window

#include <GDIPlus.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>

Global Const $SIZE_RESTORED = 0
Global Const $SIZE_MAXIMIZED = 2

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 615, 437, 192, 124, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX, $WS_TABSTOP, $WS_SIZEBOX))

_GDIPlus_Startup()
$hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile(@ScriptDir & "\img.jpg")
Global $resimg = _GDIPlus_ImageResize($hImage, 615, 437)

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_PAINT, MY_WM_PAINT)
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_SIZE, WM_SIZE)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Form1)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG

Func WM_SIZE($hWndFrom, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
    Local $iLoWord = _WinAPI_LoWord($lParam) ; Width
    Local $iHiWord = _WinAPI_HiWord($lParam) ; Height

Switch ($hWndFrom)
        Case $Form1
            Switch ($wParam)
                Case $SIZE_RESTORED, $SIZE_MAXIMIZED
                    ; The old graphic is based off the size of the old size, destroy it
                    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hGraphics)
                    ; And recreate it with the size of the new size
                    ; resize the image to the new width/height
                    $resimg = _GDIPlus_ImageResize($hImage, $iLoWord, $iHiWord)
                    ; Implicitly calls MY_WM_PAINT after this, based on the order of window messages received from Windows
            EndSwitch
    EndSwitch

Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>WM_SIZE

And here's how you could draw it in the bottom right quadrant of the GUI

#include <GDIPlus.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>

Global Const $SIZE_RESTORED = 0
Global Const $SIZE_MAXIMIZED = 2

Global $iWidth = 615
Global $iHeight = 437

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", $iWidth, $iHeight, 192, 124, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX, $WS_TABSTOP, $WS_SIZEBOX))

_GDIPlus_Startup()
$hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile(@ScriptDir & "\img.jpg")
Global $resimg = _GDIPlus_ImageResize($hImage, $iWidth / 2, $iHeight / 2)

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_PAINT, MY_WM_PAINT)
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_SIZE, WM_SIZE)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

_GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage($hGraphics, $resimg, $iWidth / 2, $iHeight / 2)
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG

Func WM_SIZE($hWndFrom, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
    Local $iLoWord = _WinAPI_LoWord($lParam) ; Width
    Local $iHiWord = _WinAPI_HiWord($lParam) ; Height

Switch ($hWndFrom)
        Case $Form1
            Switch ($wParam)
                Case $SIZE_RESTORED, $SIZE_MAXIMIZED
                    $iWidth = $iLoWord
                    $iHeight = $iHiWord
                    ; The old graphic is based off the size of the old size, destroy it
                    ; And recreate it with the size of the new size
                    ; resize the image to the new width/height
                    $resimg = _GDIPlus_ImageResize($hImage, $iLoWord / 2, $iHiWord / 2)
                    ; Implicitly calls MY_WM_PAINT after this, based on the order of window messages received from Windows
            EndSwitch
    EndSwitch

Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>WM_SIZE

1 person likes this

#4 ·  Posted

Thx, me cupla I try to explain you.

usually I use GUICtrlSetResizing to have a responsive gui... but with the object PIC the image does not maintain a good quality. Now I'm trying with GDI.

img.jpg

#5 ·  Posted

THX THX THX.

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

Wait, don't leave yet. Gimme a few minutes and I'll create one better that will be a little less graphics intensive and get rid of that flashing. (Been a while since I've done some GDI+ stuff so I gotta remember how I did this lol)

Edited by InunoTaishou

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

This should do it. Won't redraw and refresh while it's being sized but it will be updated after you release the size box and will be updated upon Maximize/restore. Gets rid of the flashing

#include <GDIPlus.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>

_GDIPlus_Startup()

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 615, 437, 192, 124, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX, $WS_TABSTOP, $WS_SIZEBOX))
Global $picImage = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 615 / 2, 437 / 2, 615 / 2, 437 / 2)
GUICtrlSetResizing($picImage, $GUI_DOCKRIGHT + $GUI_DOCKBOTTOM)

Global $hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile(@ScriptDir & "\img.jpg")
Global $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromScan0(@DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight)
Global $hGraphics = _GDIPlus_ImageGetGraphicsContext($hBitmap)

Resize()

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBitmap)
            _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImage)
            Exit
        Case $GUI_EVENT_RESIZED, $GUI_EVENT_MAXIMIZE, $GUI_EVENT_RESTORE
            Resize()
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func Resize()
    Local $aSize = ControlGetPos($Form1, "", $picImage)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsClear($hGraphics, 0x00000000)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRect($hGraphics, $hImage, 0, 0, $aSize[2], $aSize[3])
    Local $hHBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hBitmap)
    _WinAPI_DeleteObject(GUICtrlSendMsg($picImage, $STM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_BITMAP, $hHBitmap))
EndFunc

Been a long time since I've draw graphics in memory, not directly on the HWND, and then set an image from memory. So I had to remember the order of the bitmaps/graphics lol

Idk what your project entails but maybe you might want a complex GDI+ intensive project to look at to see how you can manage objects. I started this a long time ago, before I left for basic, and never finished it. It was going to be a puzzle style game. I finished the menu portion of it but never finished the puzzle part of it. I used a lot of structs to hold all of my GDI+ objects, windows, etc. As well as using array of string with the function calls to manage the structs (Why have 20 lines to destroy my GDI+ objects when I could have 1 for loop going through and calling the function needed for the struct specified). It's pretty cool though. Creating a context menu (right click) on the GUI and the options displayed are specific to the image you're over (or no image if you're not over one).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2t37tatmogjg33y/PuzzleIt.7z

Edited by InunoTaishou
1 person likes this

#8 ·  Posted

this is really what I wanted to do, thanks. :ILA2:

#9 ·  Posted

No problemo. I've only ever shown that to one other person but I'm sure anyone who finds it might find it useful.

One cool thing I'd like to point out (it's not in the script because I never made it an option) is it will support just Vertical scrolling and just Horizontal scrolling. If you go down to line 306

SetWorkspaceStruct($tWorkspaceMenu, $tControlMenu, BitOR($SCROLL_VSCROLL, $SCROLL_HSCROLL), 3, 1.0, False)

At the moment the menu will scroll left/right and up/down (Ctrl + Mouse wheel will go left/right). If you change this line to this

SetWorkspaceStruct($tWorkspaceMenu, $tControlMenu, $SCROLL_HSCROLL, 3, 1.0, False)

It will make all of the picture fit vertically and only scroll left/right. The opposite is the same for

SetWorkspaceStruct($tWorkspaceMenu, $tControlMenu, $SCROLL_VSCROLL, 3, 1.0, False)

So it will fit all of the images horizontally and then scroll up/down

Alt + Mouse wheel will zoom in/out. Resizing the menu and making all of the pieces bigger/smaller (Just takes a minute because it's going to resize all of the large images to fit the menu again). There's a lot to go through. I know I didn't comment a lot of things. I planned on finishing it and releasing it but real life got in the way and never had the time go dig through it again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Larnil
      By Larnil
      This script generates Barnsleys Fractal Fern using script only.
      ; version 2017-10-03 ; Barnsley Fractal Fern ; by larnil #include <GUIConstants.au3> Dim $x, $y, $xn, $yn, $n, $r, $dc $WinSize = 800 ; window size ;Create graphics windows AutoItSetOption("GUIOnEventMode", 1) $GUI = GUICreate("Barnsley Fractal Fern", $WinSize, $WinSize, -1, -1) $Graphic = GuiCtrlCreateGraphic(0, 0, $WinSize, $WinSize) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x000000) GUICtrlSetGraphic(-1,$GUI_GR_COLOR, 0x00ff00) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE,"Bye") ;Main $start = TimerInit() _Fern(800) ; hight of fern - can be larger than window MsgBox(0,"Time taken:",Round(TimerDiff($start)/1000,3) &" seconds") While 1 Sleep(100) WEnd Func Bye() Exit EndFunc Func _Fern($height) $f = $height/10.6 ; scale factor. Complete fern is within 0 <= y <= 9.9983 (with no scale) $offset_x = $height/2 - $height/40 ; Side adjustment. Fern is within −2.1820 < x < 2.6558 (with no scale) For $n = 1 To $height*200 ; Number of iterations $r = Random(0, 99, 1) Select Case $r < 85 ; 0-84 = 85% of the time $xn = 0.85 * $x + 0.04 * $y $yn = -0.04 * $x + 0.85 * $y + 1.6 Case $r > 84 AND $r < 92 ; 85-91 = 7% of the time $xn = 0.2 * $x - 0.26 * $y $yn = 0.23 * $x + 0.22 * $y + 1.6 Case $r > 91 AND $r < 99 ; 92-98 = 7% of the time $xn = -0.15 * $x + 0.28 * $y $yn = 0.26 * $x + 0.24 * $y + 0.44 Case Else ; 99-99 = 1% of the time $xn = 0 $yn = 0.16 * $y EndSelect $x = $xn $y = $yn GUICtrlSetGraphic($Graphic, $GUI_GR_PIXEL, $offset_x + $x * $f, $height - $y * $f) Next GUICtrlSetGraphic($Graphic, $GUI_GR_REFRESH) EndFunc ;==> Fern  
      Here is another example where I have used GDI (my very first attempt at using GDI by the way). This script can generate much larger Ferns and save them to file (png). I have used this script to generate a 20000 x 20000 pixel @ 600 dpi image. Looks really good printed out in full size.
      #include <GDIPlus.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> ; Param Local Const $iPxColor = 0xFF00FF00 ; Pixel color for fractal Alpha/R/G/B Local Const $iBgColor = 0xFFFFFFFF ; Background color for image Alpha/R/G/B Local Const $iSize = 1000 ; Hight of fern in pixels - image will have this hight and width too Local Const $iIter = $iSize*400 ; Number of iterations - $iSize * 200 is a good starting point ; Call function ;$start = TimerInit() _Fern($iSize,$iIter) ;MsgBox(0,"Time taken:",Round(TimerDiff($start)/1000,3) &" seconds") ; Function for generating Barnsley Fractal Fern Func _Fern($Size,$Iter) _GDIPlus_Startup() ; initialize GDI+ Local $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromScan0($Size, $Size) ; create an empty bitmap Local $hBmpCtxt = _GDIPlus_ImageGetGraphicsContext($hBitmap) ; get the graphics context of the image _GDIPlus_GraphicsClear($hBmpCtxt, $iBgColor) ; Set the background color for empty bitmap ; Here the magic happens $x=0 ; init $y=0 ; init $f = $Size/10.6 ; scale factor. Complete fern is within 0 <= y <= 9.9983 (with no scale) $offset_x = $Size/2 - $Size/40 ; Side adjustment. Fern is within −2.1820 < x < 2.6558 (with no scale) For $n = 1 To $Iter ; Number of iterations $r = Random(0, 99, 1) Select Case $r < 85 ; 0-84 = 85% of the time $xn = 0.85 * $x + 0.04 * $y $yn = -0.04 * $x + 0.85 * $y + 1.6 Case $r > 84 AND $r < 92 ; 85-91 = 7% of the time $xn = 0.2 * $x - 0.26 * $y $yn = 0.23 * $x + 0.22 * $y + 1.6 Case $r > 91 AND $r < 99 ; 92-98 = 7% of the time $xn = -0.15 * $x + 0.28 * $y $yn = 0.26 * $x + 0.24 * $y + 0.44 Case Else ; 99-99 = 1% of the time $xn = 0 $yn = 0.16 * $y EndSelect $x = $xn $y = $yn _GDIPlus_BitmapSetPixel($hBitmap, $offset_x + $x * $f, $Size - $y * $f, $iPxColor) ; Change pixel color for calculated X,Y Next ; ==> End of magic $File = "\Fractal_Fern_"&StringRight(Hex($iPxColor),6)&"-"&StringRight(Hex($iBgColor),6)&"-"&$iSize&".png" _GDIPlus_ImageSaveToFile($hBitmap, @MyDocumentsDir & $File) ;save bitmap to disk ShellExecute(@MyDocumentsDir & $File); Show it to the world in your default image viewer ; Cleanup GDI+ resources _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hBmpCtxt) _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBitmap) _GDIPlus_Shutdown() EndFunc ;==> _Fern  

• chacoya121
      By chacoya121
      plz help explain between GDI+ and Winapi, is it desktop inside another desktop, 3 layer dimension?
      i can't get the picture
      1. u get desktop u can visual see
      2. then u create GDI+ startup another desktop screen dimension?
      3. then u have Winapi command inside GDI+, is this another desktop screen dimension? cuz GDI+ could create bitmap that is one dimension? Winapi get windowDC also another dimension?
      plz help and explain, with picture would be nice, im not good with visualize ("dumb newbie"), still learning
      newbie to programming world
      thankyou.
    • mdwerne
      By mdwerne
      I'm attempting to cobble together a replacement for the 64bit version of BGInfo that will run within WinPE 10/64. I've located a couple useful threads:
       Between the two, they get me close (see code below), but for some reason GDI+ is not working the same within WinPE as it does in Windows 10. Bottomline is that the "Text" never get's written to WallPaper.
      Here is what I have thus far. Any thoughts if any of the GDI commands might not work within WinPE? Any other way to achieve the same result (system information on the wallpaper in WinPE 10)?
      #include <GDIPlus.au3> #include <Date.au3> _GDIPlus_Startup() $image = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile(@ScriptDir & "\WallPaper.bmp") $imagegraphics = _GDIPlus_ImageGetGraphicsContext($image) $w = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($image) $h = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($image) $whitebrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid(0xFFFFFFFF) $fontfamily = _GDIPlus_FontFamilyCreate("Arial") $font = _GDIPlus_FontCreate($fontfamily, 16) $stringformat = _GDIPlus_StringFormatCreate() _GDIPlus_StringFormatSetAlign($stringformat, 2) $rect = _GDIPlus_RectFCreate(0, $h - $h + 100, $w - 25, $h) ;$rect = _GDIPlus_RectFCreate(100, 100, 200, 200) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawStringEx($imagegraphics, _Now() & @CRLF & @UserName & @CRLF & @ComputerName & @CRLF & @IPAddress1, $font, $rect, $stringformat, $whitebrush) _GDIPlus_ImageSaveToFile($image, @ScriptDir & "\NewWallPaper.bmp") _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($image) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($imagegraphics) _GDIPlus_BrushDispose($whitebrush) _GDIPlus_FontFamilyDispose($fontfamily) _GDIPlus_FontDispose($font) _GDIPlus_StringFormatDispose($stringformat) _GDIPlus_Shutdown() _ChangeDesktopWallpaper(@ScriptDir & "\NewWallPaper.bmp", 2) Func _ChangeDesktopWallpaper($bmp, $style = 0) ;=============================================================================== ; ; Function Name: _ChangeDesktopWallPaper ; Description: Update WallPaper Settings ; Usage: _ChangeDesktopWallPaper(@WindowsDir & '\' & 'zapotec.bmp',1) ; Parameter(s): $bmp - Full Path to BitMap File (*.bmp) ; [$style] - 0 = Centered, 1 = Tiled, 2 = Stretched ; Requirement(s): None. ; Return Value(s): On Success - Returns 0 ; On Failure - -1 ; Author(s): FlyingBoz ; Thanks: Larry - DllCall Example - Tested and Working under XPHome and W2K Pro ; Excalibur - Reawakening my interest in Getting This done. ; ;=============================================================================== If Not FileExists($bmp) Then Return -1 ;The $SPI* values could be defined elsewhere via #include - if you conflict, ; remove these, or add if Not IsDeclared "SPI_SETDESKWALLPAPER" Logic Local $SPI_SETDESKWALLPAPER = 20 Local $SPIF_UPDATEINIFILE = 1 Local $SPIF_SENDCHANGE = 2 Local $REG_DESKTOP = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop" If $style = 1 Then RegWrite($REG_DESKTOP, "TileWallPaper", "REG_SZ", 1) RegWrite($REG_DESKTOP, "WallpaperStyle", "REG_SZ", 0) Else RegWrite($REG_DESKTOP, "TileWallPaper", "REG_SZ", 0) RegWrite($REG_DESKTOP, "WallpaperStyle", "REG_SZ", $style) EndIf DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SystemParametersInfo", _ "int", $SPI_SETDESKWALLPAPER, _ "int", 0, _ "str", $bmp, _ "int", BitOR($SPIF_UPDATEINIFILE, $SPIF_SENDCHANGE)) Return 0 EndFunc ;==>_ChangeDesktopWallpaper Thanks for your time,
      -Mike
    • UEZ
      By UEZ
      Here some graphical examples written completely in FreeBasic just for fun.  
      3D Starfield Scrolling v1 Booster 3D Starfield Scrolling v3 Booster GDI - GDI+ 3D Sinus Wave GDI - GDI+ Animated Pythagoras Tree GDI - GDI+ Particles - Repulsive Force Sim v2.0 GDI - GDI+ Plasma v5 Booster GDI - GDI+ Random Pattern GDI - GDI+ Tunnel Flight - WipeOut Style GDI Classic Raytraced Tunnel GDI Elastic Twister Effect GDI Exploding Pixels GDI Liquid Pixels GDI Particle Repulsion Grid GDI Particles Mouse Attraction GDI Starfield GDI The Nautilus Raymarcher GDI+ Performance Test - Au3 vs FB Mandelbrot Rutt_Etra_Izer_Booster  
      Download: FreeBasic Examples build 2017-01-22.7z
      I will add new examples from time to time.

FreeBasic source codes are also included.

• UEZ
      By UEZ
      Here a small function to mark a region on the desktop and capture that region to a bitmap handle or to the clipboard:
      #include-once #include <Clipboard.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIGdi.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #Region Example ;capture manual coordinates FileDelete(@ScriptDir & "\Captured.bmp") Global $hHBitmap = _WinAPI_MarkScreenRegionAndCapture(0, False, True, 0, 0, 99, 99) _WinAPI_SaveHBITMAPToFile(@ScriptDir & "\Captured.bmp", $hHBitmap) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hHBitmap) If FileExists(@ScriptDir & "\Captured.bmp") Then ShellExecute(@ScriptDir & "\Captured.bmp") ;save the captured bitmap to a file FileDelete(@ScriptDir & "\Captured.bmp") Global $hHBitmap = _WinAPI_MarkScreenRegionAndCapture() _WinAPI_SaveHBITMAPToFile(@ScriptDir & "\Captured.bmp", $hHBitmap) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hHBitmap) If FileExists(@ScriptDir & "\Captured.bmp") Then ShellExecute(@ScriptDir & "\Captured.bmp") ;copy captured bitmap to clipboard Switch _WinAPI_MarkScreenRegionAndCapture(1, True) Case 1 MsgBox($MB_ICONINFORMATION, "Information", "Marked region was properly captured to clipboard!", 30) Case 0 MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "ERROR", "An error has occured!", 30) EndSwitch #EndRegion ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _WinAPI_MarkScreenRegionAndCapture ; Description ...: Selected area on desktop will be captured and save to clipbord or GDI bitmap handle will be returned. ; Syntax ........: _WinAPI_MarkScreenRegionAndCapture([$iFillMode = 0[, $bClipboard = True]]) ; Parameters ....: $iFillMode - [optional] an integer value. Default is 0. ; 0: marked area filled with solid color ; 1: marked area filled with hatch pattern ($HS_DIAGCROSS) ; 2: marked area without any fill pattern / color - only red border ; $bClipboard - [optional] a boolean value. Default is False. If True then no GDI bitmap handle will be returned. ; If false then GDI bitmap handle will be returned. ; $bManual - [optional] a boolean value. Default is False. If True manual capturing is activated. ; $iX1 - [optional] an integer value. Default is 0. If $bManual is true enter the x1 screen pos. ; $iY1 - [optional] an integer value. Default is 0. If $bManual is true enter the Y1 screen pos. ; $iX2 - [optional] an integer value. Default is 0. If $bManual is true enter the x2 screen pos. ; $iY2 - [optional] an integer value. Default is 0. If $bManual is true enter the y2 screen pos. ; Return values .: 0 / 1 / -1 / GDI bitmap handle ; Author ........: UEZ ; Version .......: 0.92 build 2017-01-22 ; Modified ......: ; Remarks .......: Do not forget to dispose returned GDI bitmap handle for non clipboard mode using _WinAPI_DeleteObject! ; Related .......: ; Link ..........: ; Example .......: Yes ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _WinAPI_MarkScreenRegionAndCapture($iFillMode = 0, $bClipboard = False, $bManual = False, $iX1 = 0, $iY1 = 0, $iX2 = 0, $iY2 = 0) If @OSBuild > 6299 Then ;https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms724832(v=vs.85).aspx DllCall("Shcore.dll", "long", "PROCESS_DPI_AWARENESS", 1) ;PROCESS_SYSTEM_DPI_AWARE = 1 (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dn280512(v=vs.85).aspx) Else DllCall("User32.dll", "bool", "SetProcessDPIAware") EndIf Local $iOld = AutoItSetOption("MouseCoordMode", 1) If Not $bManual Then Local Const $hDesktop = WinGetHandle("[TITLE:Program Manager;CLASS:Progman]") Local Const $aFullScreen = WinGetPos($hDesktop) ;should work also on multi screens Local Const $iW = $aFullScreen[2], $iH = $aFullScreen[3] Local Const $hGUI_Screencapture = GUICreate("", $iW, $iH, $aFullScreen[0], $aFullScreen[1], $WS_POPUP, BitOR($WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_LAYERED)) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI_Screencapture) Local Const $hDC = _WinAPI_GetDC($hGUI_Screencapture) Local Const $hGfxDC = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC($hDC) Local Const $hBitmapGDI = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleBitmap($hDC, $iW, $iH) Local $hObjOld = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hGfxDC, $hBitmapGDI) Local $tSize = DllStructCreate($tagSIZE) $tSize.x = $iW $tSize.y = $iH Local $tSource = DllStructCreate($tagPOINT) Local $tBlend = DllStructCreate($tagBLENDFUNCTION) $tBlend.Alpha = 0xFF $tBlend.Format = 1 Local $tDest = DllStructCreate($tagPOINT), $pPoint = DllStructGetPtr($tDest) $tDest.x = $aFullScreen[0] $tDest.y = $aFullScreen[1] Local Const $hPen = _WinAPI_CreatePen($PS_SOLID, 1, 0x0000FF) Local Const $hPen_Orig = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hGfxDC, $hPen) Local $hBrush, $iAlpha2, $iFlag $iFillMode = $iFillMode > 2 ? 2 : $iFillMode < 0 ? 0 : $iFillMode Switch $iFillMode Case 0 $hBrush = _WinAPI_CreateBrushIndirect($BS_SOLID, 0x808080) $iAlpha2 = 0xA0 $iFlag = $ULW_ALPHA Case 1 $hBrush = _WinAPI_CreateBrushIndirect($BS_HATCHED, 0x808000, $HS_DIAGCROSS) $iAlpha2 = 0x30 $iFlag = $ULW_ALPHA Case 2 $hBrush = _WinAPI_CreateBrushIndirect($BS_HOLLOW, 0x000000) $iAlpha2 = 0xFF ;not needed $iFlag = $ULW_COLORKEY EndSwitch Local $hBrush_Orig = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hGfxDC, $hBrush) Else If Not BitOr($iX1, $iX2, $iY1, $iY2) Then Return SetError(4, 0, 0) EndIf Local $aMPos[5], $aMPos_old[4], $tRECT = _WinAPI_CreateRect(0, 0, 0, 0) Do If $bManual Then $aMPos[2] = 1 Else GUISetCursor(16, 1, $hGUI_Screencapture) $aMPos = GUIGetCursorInfo($hGUI_Screencapture) $aMPos_old[0] = $aMPos[0] $aMPos_old[1] = $aMPos[1] $aMPos_old[2] = MouseGetPos(0) $aMPos_old[3] = MouseGetPos(1) EndIf Switch $aMPos[2] Case 0 ;display crosshair _WinAPI_BitBlt($hGfxDC, 0, 0, $iW, $iH, $hGfxDC, 0, 0, $CAPTUREBLT) _WinAPI_DrawLine($hGfxDC, $tDest.x, $aMPos[1], $iW, $aMPos[1]) _WinAPI_DrawLine($hGfxDC, $aMPos[0], $tDest.y, $aMPos[0], $iH) _WinAPI_UpdateLayeredWindow($hGUI_Screencapture, $hDC, $tDest, $tSize, $hGfxDC, $tSource, 0, $tBlend, $ULW_COLORKEY) Case 1 ;capture selected region If Not $bManual Then $tBlend.Alpha = $iAlpha2 While $aMPos[2] ;mark region GUISetCursor(14, 1, $hGUI_Screencapture) ;WinGetHandle(AutoItWinGetTitle())) $aMPos = GUIGetCursorInfo($hGUI_Screencapture) _WinAPI_BitBlt($hGfxDC, 0, 0, $iW, $iH, $hGfxDC, 0, 0, $CAPTUREBLT) ;clear bitmap ;draw rectangle $tRECT.Left = $aMPos_old[0] $tRECT.Top = $aMPos_old[1] $tRECT.Right = $aMPos[0] $tRECT.Bottom = $aMPos[1] _WinAPI_Rectangle($hGfxDC, $tRECT) If $iFillMode <> 2 Then _WinAPI_InvertRect($hGfxDC, $tRECT) _WinAPI_UpdateLayeredWindow($hGUI_Screencapture, $hDC, $tDest, $tSize, $hGfxDC, $tSource, 0, $tBlend, $iFlag) Sleep(10) WEnd _WinAPI_SelectObject($hGfxDC, $hObjOld) _WinAPI_ReleaseDC($hGUI_Screencapture, $hDC) _WinAPI_DeleteDC($hGfxDC) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBitmapGDI) _WinAPI_SelectObject($hGfxDC, $hPen_Orig) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hPen) _WinAPI_SelectObject($hGfxDC, $hBrush_Orig) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBrush) GUIDelete($hGUI_Screencapture) ;capture region $aMPos[0] = MouseGetPos(0) $aMPos[1] = MouseGetPos(1) Else $aMPos_old[2] = $iX1 $aMPos_old[3] = $iY1 $aMPos[0] = $iX2 $aMPos[1] = $iY2 EndIf Local Const $hDC_Region = _WinAPI_GetDC(0) Local Const $hMemDC = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC($hDC_Region) Local Const $iW_Region = Abs($aMPos[0] - $aMPos_old[2]) + 1, $iH_Region = Abs($aMPos[1] - $aMPos_old[3]) + 1 Local $hHBitmap_Captured = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleBitmap($hDC_Region, $iW_Region, $iH_Region) $hObjOld = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hMemDC, $hHBitmap_Captured) _WinAPI_BitBlt($hMemDC, 0, 0, $iW_Region, $iH_Region, $hDC_Region, _ $aMPos[0] > $aMPos_old[2] ? $aMPos_old[2] : $aMPos[0], _ $aMPos[1] > $aMPos_old[3] ? $aMPos_old[3] : $aMPos[1], BitOR($SRCCOPY, $CAPTUREBLT)) Local $hHBitmap_Clipboard = _WinAPI_CopyImage($hHBitmap_Captured, 0, 0, 0, BitOR($LR_COPYDELETEORG, $LR_COPYRETURNORG)) _WinAPI_SelectObject($hHBitmap_Captured, $hObjOld) _WinAPI_DeleteDC($hHBitmap_Captured) _WinAPI_ReleaseDC(0, $hDC_Region) AutoItSetOption("MouseCoordMode", $iOld) If $bClipboard Then ;put captured region to clipboard If Not _ClipBoard_Open(0) Then _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hHBitmap_Clipboard) Return SetError(1, 0, 0) EndIf If Not _ClipBoard_Empty() Then _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hHBitmap_Clipboard) Return SetError(2, 0, 0) EndIf Local Const $hCP = _ClipBoard_SetDataEx($hHBitmap_Clipboard, $CF_BITMAP) If Not $hCP Or @error Then _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hHBitmap_Clipboard) Return SetError(3, 0, 0) EndIf _ClipBoard_Close() _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hHBitmap_Clipboard) Return 1 Else Return $hHBitmap_Clipboard EndIf EndSwitch Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE _WinAPI_SelectObject($hGfxDC, $hObjOld) _WinAPI_ReleaseDC($hGUI_Screencapture, $hDC) _WinAPI_DeleteDC($hGfxDC) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBitmapGDI) _WinAPI_SelectObject($hGfxDC, $hPen_Orig) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hPen) GUIDelete($hGUI_Screencapture) AutoItSetOption("MouseCoordMode", $iOld) Return -1 EndSwitch Until False EndFunc ;==>_WinAPI_MarkScreenRegionAndCapture Might be useful...

Download:  _WinAPI_MarkScreenRegionAndCapture.au3  (same as above in the code box)

Tested only on Win10 x64 but should work also on other Window versions. If not please reply.