5ervant

Clicking on a selected button causing its container element to be click

5ervant

Go create a quick account in Zapier and go to https://zapier.com/app/dashboard and make some Zaps!
Just need to click the specific instance of an .open-menu button and then click its a.run (anchor) element.
Doing this IE.au3 script just causing to click its container element:

$target = 1; Target the first instance

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IEAttach("Dashboard - Zapier")

$count = 0;
$tags = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "div")
For $tag in $tags
    $class_value = $tag.GetAttribute("class")
    If $class_value = "open-menu" Then
        $count += 1

if $count = $target Then
            MsgBox(0, "Instance: ", $count)
;           $tag.fireEvent("onmousedown")
;           _IEAction($tag, "click")
;           $tag.fireEvent("onmouseup")

;           Or this but not working
;           $tag.Click
        EndIf
    EndIf
Next

I also tried to do it using FF.au3

$target = 1; Target the first instance

#Include <Array.au3>
#Include <FF.au3>

$count = 0;
If _FFConnect(Default, Default, 3000) Then
    $aArray = _FFXPath( "//div[@class='open-menu']", "", 7 )
;   _ArrayDisplay($aArray)

For $tag in $aArray
        $count += 1

if $count = $target Then
            MsgBox(0, "Instance: ", $count)
            _FFClick($tag)
        EndIf
    Next
EndIf

Error: _FFClick ==> No match: $sElement: [number]

Could some help me how to click such buttons on such kind of a dynamic page?

Edited by 5ervant

5ervant

No one can guess?
So that means, such kind of dynamic button can't be click using IE.au3 or FF.au3 ..  :'(

Danp2

You have to examine the underlying event code to be able to figure out how to trigger the menu. In this case, there's a single event on the main container that is used for each of the objects within that container. The event looks at the position of the click to determine which element to actually trigger.

Here's some code that will cause the menu to appear --

#Include <FF.au3>

_FFXPath( "//div[@class='open-menu']")

If @error = $_FF_ERROR_Success Then
        $pos = _FFCmd('FFau3.xpath.getBoundingClientRect().x') + 1
        $cmd = "d=FFau3.WCD.createEvent('MouseEvent');d.initMouseEvent('click',true,true,window,0,0,0," & $pos & ",0,0,0,0,0,0,null);FFau3.xpath.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.dispatchEvent(d);"
        _FFCmd($cmd)
    EndIf
EndIf

It creates a click event with the proper positioning value and then passes it to the container element to be processed.

• Like 1

5ervant
7 hours ago, Danp2 said:

You have to examine the underlying event code to be able to figure out how to trigger the menu. In this case, there's a single event on the main container that is used for each of the objects within that container. The event looks at the position of the click to determine which element to actually trigger.

#Include <FF.au3>

$cmd = "d=FFau3.WCD.createEvent('MouseEvent');d.initMouseEvent('click',true,true,window,0,0,0," & $pos & ",0,0,0,0,0,0,null);FFau3.xpath.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.dispatchEvent(d);"
        _FFCmd($cmd)
    EndIf
EndIf

It creates a click event with the proper positioning value and then passes it to the container element to be processed.

Thanks, it would be great if you can show a IE.au3 version of that 'cause that FF.au3 version is hard to understand, just for educational purpose..

Danp2
2 hours ago, 5ervant said:

Thanks, it would be great if you can show a IE.au3 version of that 'cause that FF.au3 version is hard to understand, just for educational purpose..

Sorry, but your on your own there. :-)

Suggest that you search to forum for a solution. IIRC, there's a post by DaleHolm that addresses a similar issue.

Subz

Could try:

#RequireAdmin
#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate("https://zapier.com/app/dashboard", 1)
$oDivs = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "div")
For $oDiv in $oDivs
    If $oDiv.ClassName = "open-menu" Then
        $hWnd = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hWnd")
        ControlClick($hWnd, "", "", "left", 1, _IEPropertyGet($oDiv, "browserx") + 2, _IEPropertyGet($oDiv, "browsery") + 2)
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
Next

5ervant
On 5/5/2017 at 8:34 AM, Danp2 said:

#Include <FF.au3>

_FFCmd($cmd)
    EndIf
EndIf

Can you give me another twick of that, that will click let say, the second button?

'Cause @Subz solution isn't that nice, will require you to activate the window before working..
And upon a quick testing, no @DaleHohm solution work and still, a ControlClick() .

Danp2

You need to change the _FFXPath command to grab the desired element. How would you change this line

so that it grabs the 2nd instance of a matching div?

5ervant
(//div[@class='open-menu'])[2]

A hour spent..

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• XaelloNegative
      By XaelloNegative
      Hi,
      So, I am trying to automate and simplify the retrieval of data from our company website (made by an outside company). I've had experience with IE manipulation via autoIt however, this one is a bit tricky for me.
      I have a table that has 81 cells which are buttons. What im trying to get is the information in "data-content" tag. 
      <a id="bookedVehicleLinkButton" class="btn btn-sm btn-block btn-xsm btn-success" data-toggle="popover" data-placement="bottom" data-original-title="Trip Details" data-container="body" data-content="Plate No: UGQ-857<br />Model: TOYOTA GRANDIA GL" href="javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl00$masterContentPlaceholder$reservationContentPlaceholder$bookingDataList$ctl00$vehicleDataList$ctl28$bookedVehicleLinkButton','')">IXARA (LITO SULIT)</a> Tried using the following:
      $oTagsCell = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "td") For $item in $oTagsCell $test = _IEPropertyGet($item, "innertext") ClipPut($test) Next $oTagsTable = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "table") For $item in $oTagsTable $test = _IEPropertyGet($item, "innertext") ClipPut($test) Next $oTagsLink = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "a") For $item in $oTagsLink $test = _IEPropertyGet($item, "innertext") ClipPut($test) Next I don't receive any errors from my aforementioned attempts however no luck in getting those "data-contents". Attached is a screenshot, I do the looking of elements in chrome but the codes are for IE. And if you might ask, the cells (or buttons) have the same ID.

Thank you guys for any inputs.

• XinYoung
      By XinYoung
      Quick question: How can I click this "Select All" button in IE? There's no ID, and the href is "#"  
      Am I looking at the wrong html code?
      Am I looking
      Thank you all in advance!
    • Jemboy
      By Jemboy
      Hi,
      At work we have some proprietary website, users have to login to.
      I have "made" an autoit executable to start IE, go the website, login, so the user do not have input their credentials every time.
      By NDA I am not allowed disclosed the URL of the website nor the login credentials
      So I made a fake website and an autoitscript to illustrate my question.
      #include <ie.au3> $oIE = _IECreate ("about:blank", 0, 1, 1, 1) $HWND = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd") WinActivate ($HWND,"") WinSetState($HWND, "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) _IENavigate ($oIE, "http://demo.rkilinc.nl",1) The above start my demo website. The actual website has some links in the footer that I do not want most people click on.
      I contacted the developers of the website and they are thinking of making an option to configure what links to show in the footer, but they said it's not a high priority for them.

I discovered, that by click F12 and deleting the <footer> element the footer is delete from the live page view (until the page is reloaded off course)
      I want to automate the removal of the footer, without using things like send().
      I tried getting the footer with _IEGetObjById and deleting it with _IEAction, but that didn't work.
      Does any one has an idea how I could delete the footer directly from view with an autoit script?
      TIA, Jem.

• XinYoung
      By XinYoung
      HI! ... this is a big one (at least for me) 
      You guys previously helped me copy the used range in column A and paste them into a Website one at a time in a loop. Cool! Now, for another function, I have 2 columns, A and B, and two input boxes in the Website. I'm having a hard time replicating the loop for the 2 columns. 
      This is how I'm opening the Excel workbook (copied from the previous function that only had 1 column). I need to also get the used range in column B.
      Func OpenExcelForCopy() Global $aBBTableData Global $oExcel = _Excel_Open() Global $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $ChosenFileName, Default, True, True) $oExcel.Sheets("CopyCourses").Activate ;~ Get all used cells in column A:A Global $aSearchItems = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook, 1, $oWorkbook.Sheets("CopyCourses").Usedrange.Columns("A:A")) ;~ Duplicate the $aSearchItems Array Global $aSearchResult = $aSearchItems ;~ Loop through the array starting at 0 until the end of the array which is (Ubound($aSearchItems) - 1) For $i = 0 To UBound($aSearchItems) - 1 $aSearchResult[$i] = SearchCourseForCopy($aSearchItems[$i]) Next _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $aSearchResult, "C1") Finished() EndFunc ;==>OpenExcelForCopy Then we eventually get here. I don't think anything needs to change here but I'm not sure. This is where I paste the data from Column A into an input field (which is a search tool in a website). If the search is good, then we get to the tricky part...
      ;~ OK, we logged in and we searched for a course. Lets COPY it! Func CopyCourseBegin() Local $sResult $iSearchIndex = _ArraySearch($aBBTableData, "Course ID", 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0) ;~ If the course was not found, do this. If $iSearchIndex = -1 Then ;~ MsgBox(4096, "Search Error", "Item not found") $sResult = "Source Not Found" _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $aSearchResult, "C1") ;~ Now go back to the Excel sheet and search for the next one. ;~ If the course was found, begin the COPY process. Else For $i = 0 To UBound($aSearchItems) - 1 $aSearchResult[$i] = CopyCourseNow($aSearchItems[$i]) Next $sResult = "Copied" _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $aSearchResult, "C1") EndIf Return $sResult EndFunc ;==>CopyCourseBegin This is the "tricky part" where I'm confused. I can copy and paste what's in column A just fine, but I can't manage to replicate it for column B. I need to paste whats in Column B into "destinationCourseId"
      ;~ The course search was successful. COPY the course now. Func CopyCourseNow($_sSearchResult) ;~ Navigate to the course copy page. _IENavigate($oIE, $urlBBCourseCopy) ;~ Copy the SOURCE course ID from the Excel sheet ;~ Paste whats copied from column A into the Source Course ID text box Local $oForm = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "selectCourse") Local $oSearchString = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "sourceCourseId") _IEFormElementSetValue($oSearchString, $_sSearchResult) ;~ Paste whats copied from column B into the Destination Course ID text box ?!?!?!?! Local $oForm = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "selectCourse") Local $oSearchString = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "destinationCourseId") _IEFormElementSetValue($oSearchString, $_sSearchResult) ;~ Just exit cause im stuck :( _Exit() EndFunc ;==>CopyCourseNow After I paste the data from column A into "sourceCourseId" and column B into "destinationCourseId", I'll make it do some stuff. Then I need it to loop around until the used ranges in column A & B is finished.
      Does the entire code need to change now that there's two columns?