corgano

[SOLVED] SciTE: When I hit F5 on an include, run the main script instead

Edit: A solution was found! Thanks Jos and others who helped me find this:

You can have AutoIt run a different "Main" autoit script when you hit F5 instead of the current one, per folder, by doing the following:

1. Run SciTE (might need administrator, depending on how autoit was installed)
  2. Options -> global properties (alt o g)
  3. Uncomment properties.directory.enable=1 (line 270 in my case)
  4. create a file SciTEDirectory.properties in the project's main folder
    • Alternatively, if you don't have admin or don't want to edit the global.properties for whatever reason, you can just skip step 1,2,3 and name it SciTE.properties
  5. Put in the file you created command.go.$(au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\..\AutoIt3.exe" "$(SciteDefaultHome)\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "NAME OF SCRIPT HERE.au3" /UserParams $(1) $(2) $(3) $(4)
  6. Save the file. Now anything you run in that folder or subfolder will run the main script when you hit F5

Using SciTEDirectory.properties effects that folder and subfolders, where as SciTE.properties only effects that folder. Apart from that they work the same

Original question:
I have a main script, and a bunch of includes / udf's. Almost every single time I edit my includes I hit F5 to run the script, but it runs the include instead. I'm tired of switching back to the main script's tab in SciTE to run it, just to switch back to the include. Is there some kind of #flag or option to set a "main au3 file" so when I hit F5, it will see that and run the main file instead?

Edited by corgano

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e

Guess you really want this since you posted it 3 times. (Merged :))

I can't imagine you have include files that you only need for one single main script, but a simple solution to you question could be to temporarily add an #include("path\mainscript.au3") at the end of the include while developing the include file.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Wait, what? Something must have messed up,  had no intention of posting this three times! Is there a way i can delete the duplicates? Sorry for the triple-post. Thanks mods

I will give  #include("path\mainscript.au3")  a try, but i think running the include first might have issues, because it uses global vars declared in the main.

Is there a SciTE option for this? like to check for a "makefile" of sorts with something like "mainscript=file.au3" in it, and then have SciTE run whatever mainscript is if the makefile exists, and if it doesn't run the current file? I know SciTE is very configurable but not sure if it can do something like this.

Edited by corgano

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e

How would SciTE, or any other program know that the include file you're editing isn't the main script, or know which script IS the main script?

Also, where are your #include lines in your main script if they depend on Global variables in the main script to work?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

15 hours ago, corgano said:

Is there a SciTE option for this?

I assume you mean an #AutoIt3Wrapper directive and No there is none and I have no intent to even consider this as I doubt this will be used much.
As far as SciTE options is concerned: THe only option I can think of is to have the set of include files into its own directory and add a scite.properties to that directory in which you modify the F5/Run option to run the Main script instead of the file being edited.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

4 hours ago, Jos said:

..add a scite.properties to that directory...

Wait, you can have a .properties on a per-folder basis? Does it override the au3.properties? Where in the SciTE docs do i find info on this? I wasn't sure what to search for. A folder-wide SciTE.properties that overwrites command.go.$(au3) would work perfectly!

Thanks Jos, I think I found it. For anyone looking to set a custom command, here are the steps:

1. Run SciTE (might need administrator, depending on how autoit was installed)
  2. Options -> global properties (alt o g)
  3. Uncomment properties.directory.enable=1 (line 270 in my case)
  4. create a file SciTEDirectory.properties in the project's main folder
    • Alternatively, if you don't have admin or don't want to edit the global.properties for whatever reason, you can just skip step 1,2,3 and name it SciTE.properties
  5. Put in the file you created command.go.$(au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\..\AutoIt3.exe" "$(SciteDefaultHome)\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "NAME OF SCRIPT HERE.au3" /UserParams $(1) $(2) $(3) $(4)
  6. Save the file. Now anything you run in that folder or subfolder will run the main script when you hit F5

I love this solution, it is a lot better than modding UDFs and works almost out-of-the-box. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :D

Edited by corgano

I would not recomment to modify SciTEGlobal.properties since this file will be overridden with the next installer.
Either go the SciTE.properties route or modify that setting in your SciTEUser.properties.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By mannworks00
      After testing various schemes (themes) in the settings for the newest SciTE editor (v. 4.1.2), I discovered that I wasn't able to fully reset it back to its original colors (See snapshot). Specifically, after applying the "__SciTE4AutoIt3_Dark ==> Dark SciTE4AutoIt3 Color scheme."
      The problem: The Line number column and the Output console do not reset back to their original colors.
      The Solution: Delete or edit the user config file. You can safely delete the config file because it will completely regenerate on SciTE restart- with it's factory (out of the box) color scheme.
      I also wrote a small script that will do it programatically: How to reset SciTE scheme in version 4.1.2.

• By kellariluukku
      Hello.
      I'm using SciTE v3.3.14.5 I think, and I find this very annoying (GIF):
      https://i.gyazo.com/e60b5d94b8c16d217be4010e208d7042.mp4

I've searched around but found nothing that helped including this:
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/100517-stop-scite-removing-tab-indentations/

So the problem obviously is that when I go to a new line after "EndIf", it removes the tab which I don't want to happen.
      Is there any fix?

I've tried to change some configs such as 
          Line 183: # Indentation     Line 185: indent.size=0     Line 187: #indent.auto=0     Line 188: indent.automatic=0     Line 189: indent.opening=0     Line 190: indent.closing=0     Line 191: #tab.indents=0     Line 192: #backspace.unindents=0 strip.trailing.spaces=0 But nothing seems to get rid of this.

Thanks
    • By BugFix
      There is an issue, while using the function SendSciTE_Command by @Jos, if more than one instance of SciTE is open. Each instance of SciTE has its own DirectorExtension window, so we must choose the right one.
      Here is a way to solve this:
      ; by BugFix Func _GetHwndDirectorExtension() Local $hActive = WinGetHandle('[ACTIVE]') Local $PIDActive = WinGetProcess($hActive) Local $aExtension = WinList("DirectorExtension") Local $PIDExt For $i = 1 To $aExtension[0][0] $PIDExt = WinGetProcess($aExtension[$i][1]) If $PIDExt = $PIDActive Then Return $aExtension[$i][1] Next EndFunc ; by Jos Func SendSciTE_Command($_sCmd) Local $WM_COPYDATA = 74 Local $WM_GETTEXT = 0x000D Local $WM_GETTEXTLENGTH = 0x000E224 Local Const $SCI_GETLINE = 2153 ;~ Local $Scite_hwnd = WinGetHandle("DirectorExtension") ; Get SciTE DIrector Handle Local $Scite_hwnd = _GetHwndDirectorExtension() ; Get SciTE DIrector Handle Local $My_Hwnd = GUICreate("AutoIt3-SciTE interface") ; Create GUI to receive SciTE info Local $My_Dec_Hwnd = Dec(StringTrimLeft($My_Hwnd, 2)) ; Convert my Gui Handle to decimal $_sCmd = ":" & $My_Dec_Hwnd & ":" & $_sCmd ; Add dec my gui handle to commandline to tell SciTE where to send the return info Local $CmdStruct = DllStructCreate('Char[' & StringLen($_sCmd) + 1 & ']') DllStructSetData($CmdStruct, 1, $_sCmd) Local $COPYDATA = DllStructCreate('Ptr;DWord;Ptr') DllStructSetData($COPYDATA, 1, 1) DllStructSetData($COPYDATA, 2, StringLen($_sCmd) + 1) DllStructSetData($COPYDATA, 3, DllStructGetPtr($CmdStruct)) DllCall('User32.dll', 'None', 'SendMessage', 'HWnd', $Scite_hwnd, _ 'Int', $WM_COPYDATA, 'HWnd', $My_Hwnd, _ 'Ptr', DllStructGetPtr($COPYDATA)) GUIDelete($My_Hwnd) EndFunc ;==>SendSciTE_Command Func MY_WM_COPYDATA($hWnd, $msg, $wParam, $lParam) Local $COPYDATA = DllStructCreate('Ptr;DWord;Ptr', $lParam) Local $SciTECmdLen = DllStructGetData($COPYDATA, 2) Local $CmdStruct = DllStructCreate('Char[' & $SciTECmdLen+1 & ']',DllStructGetData($COPYDATA, 3)) ;~ Local $CmdStruct = DllStructCreate('Char[255]', DllStructGetData($COPYDATA, 3)) $SciTECmd = StringLeft(DllStructGetData($CmdStruct, 1), $SciTECmdLen) EndFunc ;==>MY_WM_COPYDATA  
    • By Jos
      1/02/2018: Uploaded a new SciTe4AutoIt3.exe v19.102.1901.0 installer.
      This version contains the bugfix release for SciTE 4.1.2.
      There has been a major update for Tidy allowing now inline comments without them being shifted to the left by default.
      See this thread for the total story about the new behavior and the added options
      ==> SciTE4AutoIt3 v19.102.1901.0
      Enjoy,
      Jos

Addition/Changes/Fixes in the current installer:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2-1-2019 *** Merged the SciTE v 4.1.2 by Neil Hodgson with our own version of SciTE. (Jos)     - Fixed regex issue for Alt+F in AutoItTools.lua     - Fixed another regex issue for several functions in AutoItTools.lua     - Fixed Header parameters now showing None when none are     - Fixed jump to function to also jump to the right Column again.     - Restored AutoItTools:Copy_BookMarks() functionality *** Updated AutoIt3Wrapper v19.102.1901.0 (Jos)     - 18.703.1808.1 renamed "#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Stripper_Stop_OnError" to "#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Stripper_OnError" with now as options S,C,F,Stop,Continue,ForceUse     - 18.708.1148.1 Added #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> back in the included file list to ensure backward compatibility.     - 18.708.1148.2 Added "Tidy_Stop_OnError" support to the AutoIt3Wrapper.INI file.                     Changed HiDPI settings for Win 10 compatibility.     - 18.708.1148.4 Added logic to be able to display Console Output of script that have #RequireAdmin while SciTE runs at normal level.     - 18.708.1148.5 Added support to allow to Stop Execution or Restart for scripts with #RequireAdmin while SciTE runs at normal level.                     It won't hang anymore when you reply No on the UAC and detect the elevated process didn;t start.     - 18.708.1148.6 Reverted HiDPI changes made in 18.708.1148.2 as problems are reported. needs investigation.     - 18.708.1148.7 Changed check for RequireAdmin AutoIt3Wrapper startup.     - 18.708.1148.8 Added #include <APIResConstants.au3> for backwards compatibility with AutoIt3 v3.3.14.x. *** Updated Au3Stripper v19.102.1901.0 (Jos)     - 18.708.1148.1 Fixed issue finding variable names on multiline statements     - 18.708.1148.2 Added check for ending \ in the AutoIt3Dir, and remove it when there, to avoid duplication of includes.     - recompiled with PellesC 6 to make it compatible with WinXP again. *** Updated SciTEConfig v19.102.1901.0 (Jos)     - 18.708.1148.1 Update to allow comments in *.SciTEConfig file lines. (JPM)                     This update includes the updated shemes to allow changing between them. *** Updated Tidy v19.102.1901.0 (Jos)     - 18.708.1148.1: Fix bug handling Directivelines ending with continuation character     - 18.708.1148.2: Fixed indentation when a "None breaking space"(C2A0) character is used in a UTF file.     - 18.708.1148.3: Fix bug when a continuation line starts with +x, where is would add a space between +- and number.     - 18.708.9999.x: Rewrite of some internal code to allow inlinecomments to remain at their current position.                       Details can be found in this post: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/196221-tidy-major-update-27-10-requesting-help-with-testing/     - 18.708.9999.22: Released to Beta.     - 18.708.9999.23: Added option to totally skip commentblocks so now the options are:                         #Tidy_Parameters=/tcb=0         =>only indent the whole commentblock  (default)                                          /tcb or /tcb=1 =>Tidy inside commentblock                                          /tcb=-1        =>leave whole commentbock alone                        Tidy.INI:#--> Tidy commentblock 0=only indent the whole commentblock  (default=0)                                 #                      1=Tidy inside commentblock                                 #                     -1=leave whole commentbock alone                                 Tidy_commentblock=0     - 18.708.9999.24: Added check for ending \ in the AutoIt3Dir and remove it when there.     - recompiled with PellesC 6 to make it compatible with WinXP again. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      ==> ScitillaHistory page containing all SciTE-Scintilla updates.
      ==> Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions
      ==> Check the online documentation for an overview of all extra's you get with this installer.
    • By timmy2
      I've noticed in several YouTube tutorials about AutoIt that every time the instructor types EndFunc a comment "<==(function name)" is automatically added. I understand that Tidy will do this after the fact but what I'm writing about happens in real time. Where's the setting for this?  Thank you.