TrashBoat

Can a function name vary

TrashBoat

Is this possible:

Executing a function from an include, but taking the function name from a gui input and then executing that function using the include:

#include <Something.au3>
;input reads "Tree"
$functionName = GuiCtrlRead($input1)
$functionName(1)

And the include is gonna have

Func Tree($x)
If $x = 1 Then $this = "text"
MsgBox(0,$this,"whatever")
EndFunc

is it possible?

VIP

check out: 

Call ( "function" [, param1 [, param2 [, paramN]]] )

Regards,

TrashBoat
5 minutes ago, Trong said:

check out: 

Call ( "function" [, param1 [, param2 [, paramN]]] )

Yes it worked! Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• TheAutomator
      By TheAutomator
      Is this better to check a variable before you assign it to a value that could be the same?
      for example:
      local $EmptyLog = false func WriteLog($text) _guictrledit_appendtext($log, ($EmptyLog ? @CRLF : $empty) & $text) If $EmptyLog Then $EmptyLog = False endfunc or does AutoIt behind the scenes already check this?
      i guess overwriting memory with the same value over and over again is not good if you can prevent this with a check?
    • JNutt
      By JNutt
      I see $hWnd used as a local variable in a lot of script examples.  I know the 'h' is used for handles, but what is the 'Wnd' short for?
      Thanks!
    • Rskm
      By Rskm
      i have seen many pointing out issues related to this, i tried reading through them - still unable to solve mine.. i have a script which reads certain lines based on a search item, this is an iterative process - the ldflst_file gets updated for each iteration and the script finds the line number which has the search item. this works perfectly for few iterations, but stops in some cases abruptly with the error = 
      Subscript used on non-accessible variable $aRead^ ERROR I have verified that the search item is present in the file. what could be the reason for this code to stop in certain cases. thanks for help
      my code below (partial).. full code is in attachment

local $aRead=FileReadToArray($ldflst_file)
      global $ldflst_var1=" JOINT  LOAD       FORCE(X)        FORCE(Y)        FORCE(Z)       MOMENT(X)       MOMENT(Y)       MOMENT(Z)"

for $i= 0 to $ldflst_totlines    ; ldflst_totlines is total number of  lines in the file 'ldflst_file'

if $aRead[$i]=$ldflst_var1 Then
              $ldflst_LFound=$i
              ExitLoop
              else
              EndIf
      Next

nomo_new1.au3
    • Amixg
      By Amixg
      Hi! I have another problem with AutoIT.  You see, I'm still the one who's just starting out with this great programming language. I have a problem with AutoIT, it seems not to recognize the "StringReplace" function even when it is by default. The code was made half in KODA and half of my own. It is a software programmed for the Italian language (I am Italian) and translate the SMS language into Italian correct. Would you help me? Thanks in advance.

#include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $hull = "hello" StringReplace($hull, "hello", "hellx") $Form1 = GUICreate("Linguaggio SMS A Italiano", 507, 498, 192, 124) $Edit1 = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 24, 40, 465, 177) GUICtrlSetData(-1, "") $Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Inserisci qui il testo che non riesci a capire:", 24, 8, 205, 17) $Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Ecco il testo tradotto(non toccare questo campo):", 27, 237, 237, 17) $Edit2 = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 24, 264, 465, 137) GUICtrlSetData(-1, "") $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Traduci", 104, 424, 249, 49) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Button1 StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "qlc", "qualcuno") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "qls", "qualcosa") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "ke", "che") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "x", "per") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "pls", "per favore") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "tu6", "tu sei") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "zzz", "mi fai dormire") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "hagn", "Buonanotte") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "tvtb", "Ti voglio tanto bene") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "tat", "Ti amo tanto") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "lafs", "Amore a prima vista") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "fli?", "Flirtiamo?") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "msidt", "Mi sono innamorato di te") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "ba", "Bacio") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "midi", "Mi dispiace.") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "ntm", "Non ti merito") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "tdp", "Togliti dai piedi.") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "amò", "Amore") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "ap", "A presto!") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "cmq", "comunque") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "cvd", "Ci vediamo dopo") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "Tvb", "Ti voglio bene") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "nn", "non") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "risp", "rispondimi") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "cel", "cellulare") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "dom", "qualcosa") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "nm", "numero") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "fv", "favore") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "-male", "meno male") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "disc", "discoteca") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "se#", "settimana") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "+ o -", "più o meno") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "ts", "torno subito") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "tvtbcoa", "Ti voglio tanto bene come amica") EndSwitch WEnd  
    • kartune
      By kartune
      Hello, i'm trying to rename a variable to another variable name (not the value attached to the variable).  This would save me TONS of coding.
      Here is an example:

<autoit>
      Local $clear1="$SATJ"  ;sets the $clear1 variable to become $SATJ
      GUICtrlSetState($clear1 & "3", $GUI_UNCHECKED)  ;i want this to come out to be $SATJ3, it should look something like - GUICtrlSetState($SATJ3, $GUI_UNCHECKED)
      </autoit>
      Is this possible?  I've been searching all the forums and help files for hours.  My javascript friend referenced me to the solution on JS, which lead me to searching through the "assign" help on autoit, but not much info on it.
      I've already tried
      <autoit>
      Assign($clear1, $SATJ)
      </autoit>

any help is greatly appreciated!!! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.