To change the language used by Windows GUI and the browser (Chrome in my case), the only method I've found that works is to go to Settings > Time & Language > Language > Preferred Language, switch the default from English to Spanish, sign out, and then upon signing in everything will be in Spanish as expected.
Besides automating the above process is there a more direct way to change Windows' settings using AutoIt?
Does anyone knows why this command doesn't work?
Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & "devcon.exe hwids * | findstr /R ""1050&PID_0114&REV_0340&MI_01"" || (rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation)", "", "") This is the command in commandline:
devcon.exe hwids * | findstr /R "1050&PID_0114&REV_0340&MI_01" && (echo USB Device is connected) || (rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation) This works, but i want to convert this to AutoIT, but it doesn't work.
In short what i am trying to accomplish is that a script checks every 1 sec. if there is an USB device plugged in and if not ( so it is removed ) it will lock Windows OS.
Can someone help me with this?
am using an ini files as a History
Sometimes the file size is be larger to 5 MB
AutoIt does not recognize the full content of the file
When I did a search to find out why, I discovered that INI files could not be read if they size larger than 64 KB.
for that I preferred to ask here if is there any way to bypass this obstacle.
The contents of the file are as follows
This is the section for reading the file (adapted from my main script)
case $continue Local $aArray = IniReadSection($WaitingListFile, StringEncrypt(true, "filesList", $MyPassword)) If Not @error Then Opt("GUICloseOnESC", 1) _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($scList) For $i = 1 To $aArray $path = path_list(StringEncrypt(false, $aArray[$i], $MyPassWord), 1) if FileExists(StringEncrypt(false, $aArray[$i], $MyPassWord)) then GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(_GetFileName(FileGetLongName(StringEncrypt(false, $aArray[$i], $MyPassWord))) & Opt("GUIDataSeparatorChar") & " : " & Opt("GUIDataSeparatorChar") & FileGetLongName(StringEncrypt(false, $aArray[$i], $MyPassWord)), $scList) else $path = $path endIf Next GUISetState(@sw_disable, $hGUI) GUISetState(@sw_show, $hGUI2) GUICtrlSetState($SClist, $GUI_FOCUS) else if $accessibilitymode = 1 then speak(str("listEmpty")) endIf endIf
Is there any way to solve this problem, please?
am waiting your answers...
Greetings to All
I am using window XP in my desktop, so I want to convert basic disk to a dynamic disk, so how it is possible?
I thought I might share my little Language UDF plus the more powerful SciTE Tool to ship Strings from SciTE into the xml file. While I haven't had the time to fully adapt the small UDF to one of the big XML-UDFs the so called "Language Transmitter" that basically writes the XML file for you runs mostly on "XML DOM wrapper (COM)" by eltorro. The Transmitter should work with other XML-Language-UDFs depending on their encoding.
First let's start with the UDF, there are two functions of interest: _LangInit($sFilePath) and s($sString) As you will have guessed, _LangInit($sFilePath) is called once to initialize the UDF and s($sString) is used to receive the string to your key. Plain and simple.
Now to the actual "new" part, the Language Transmitter. It basically allows you to transfer a selected String from SciTE into a xml file. While doing so it will scan for AutoIt variables, macros etc. and parse the string to fit StringFormat(). It then saves the formatted string in the xml file and returns the formatted call into SciTE. If the selected string is already defined it will directly parse the key into SciTE. To change the default output file, you can either edit the ini-file in the @ScriptDir of the LanguageTransmitter.exe or press Alt+A on empty space again and keep clicking cancel/no until the Transmitter let's you select the current output file. Standard output is strings.xml in the current opened AutoIt Script.
; given the line: MsgBox(16, 'Error', 'Error message') ; select 'Error' run the Transmitter follow the instructions, repeat with 'Error message'. Outcome (e.g.): MsgBox(16, s('Error'), s('Error_msg')) ; Variables and Macro example: $sString = "Value: " & $iValue & @CRLF & 'Another value: '& $iValue2 ; Select the full string including all AutoIt variables and macros etc. in SciTE and press Alt+A (default) to run the LanguageTransmitter ; follow the instructions and it will then paste a formatted string like that into SciTE: $sVar = StringFormat(s('Key'), $iValue, $iValue2) ; the correlating xml entry should look like that: ; <string name="Key">Value: %s\r\nAnother value: %s</string> ; as you can see @CRLF has been replaced with \r\n as well. If you are working on a project and want to directly add a string to the xml file just start the Language Transmitter without selecting any text, enter your string and a key.
Since xml files are required all examples can be found in the zip file. There are two examples, one includes a language selection interface.
Language File Checker
I added a script to check whether the xml file contains all required strings or even unnecessary strings.
Hope you like my little helper!
UDF - LanguageSupport.zip