ur

how to get console output of batch file

5 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted

I am running the tomcat batch file through autoit   and need to wait until the below line I get in console output.

Capture1.JPG

But when I am trying to read the console output using the ProcessEx UDF, I am getting only the partial output.

So, can you please suggest how to handle this.

#2 ·  Posted

Can you post a screenshot of the whole console you're reading and give the partial output you're getting, so we can see exactly what's happening? 

also some of your code would be nice

#3 ·  Posted

It seems it is running another batch file internally..

I will share you the batch file

main file: startup.bat.txt

nested fle: catalina.bat.txt

The partial output: 

Using CATALINA_BASE:   "C:\Program Files\erwin\Mart Server r9\Tomcat64"
Using CATALINA_HOME:   "C:\Program Files\erwin\Mart Server r9\Tomcat64"
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: "C:\Program Files\erwin\Mart Server r9\Tomcat64\temp"
Using JRE_HOME:        "C:\Program Files\erwin\Mart Server r9\Jre64"
Using CLASSPATH:       "C:\Program Files\erwin\Mart Server r9\Tomcat64\bin\bootstrap.jar;C:\Program Files\erwin\Mart Server r9\Tomcat64\bin\tomcat-juli.jar"

#4 ·  Posted

It seems it is running another batch file internally..

I will share you the batch file

main file: startup.bat.txt

nested fle: catalina.bat.txt

The partial output: 

Using CATALINA_BASE:   "C:\Program Files\erwin\Mart Server r9\Tomcat64"
Using CATALINA_HOME:   "C:\Program Files\erwin\Mart Server r9\Tomcat64"
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: "C:\Program Files\erwin\Mart Server r9\Tomcat64\temp"
Using JRE_HOME:        "C:\Program Files\erwin\Mart Server r9\Jre64"
Using CLASSPATH:       "C:\Program Files\erwin\Mart Server r9\Tomcat64\bin\bootstrap.jar;C:\Program Files\erwin\Mart Server r9\Tomcat64\bin\tomcat-juli.jar"

#5 ·  Posted

Is there anyway to get the text of console window like a normal GUI window.

6.JPG

The windowinfo tool is not giving any visible/hidden text.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• rootx
      By rootx
      Hi, I need to convert this batch, I follow microsoft specs here https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb491005.aspx
      Ex:
      start /b 1.exe "path\2.exe"
      start /b mypgrcommand
      start /b /wait 3.exe "path\4_.exe"
      taskkill /F /IM 5.exe
      Somethings like this...
      RunWait( @COMSPEC & " /c start /b 1.exe 'path\2.exe' start /b mypgrcommand start /b /wait 3.exe 'path\4_.exe' taskkill /F /IM 5.exe", "", @SW_SHOW ) Thx
    • TheSaint
      By TheSaint
      TeraCopy Timer - A program of mine, front end really, that I have been working on (on & off) for some time, but not shared here before, that I recall. Third party program TeraCopy is required.
      Many of you will be familiar with TeraCopy, and it has been discussed here at AF on several occasions, in various sub forums, including Chat.
      BE ADVISED - I still use an older version of TeraCopy (v2.27), a goody but an oldy, so have only tested my program with that. It may work with the newer v3.xx, or may be easily adjusted to do so, but I have not yet gone that route. Likewise, I only use it with Win 7 and Win XP, but I don't imagine there should be any issues with newer Windows. Add to that, my program being devised and created in AutoIt v3.3.0.0.
      So what is TeraCopy Timer and why might you need it?
      I devised my program for two main reasons really, based on giving me greater control, using the Free version of TeraCopy, which has some limitations (perhaps even with the paid full version). My program utilizes the features of the TeraCopy command-line.
      1. I was fed up with Thumbs.db files regularly halting the process in Win XP or preventing a folder being deleted after a move. Only happens with Win XP.
      2. I wanted to automate delays between jobs, allowing all HDD's to rest periodically when doing large and lengthy jobs. Letting HDD's heat up too much, can have tragic results or considerably shorten their lifespan. Prevention is better than cure or just relying on monitoring software etc.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Those familiar with TeraCopy use, know you can run multiple copy or move jobs either simultaneously or concurrently (one immediately after another has finished). With the free version at least, you have no control over precise order or timing, and no way to deal (without manual interaction) with the pesky Thumbs.db files in Win XP. TeraCopy Timer allows you to do all those things, and in a batch fashion.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Some screenshots and brief explanation
      Main Window

You can browse to set the Source and Destination paths, or like me, just use Drag & Drop to those inputs.
      Once the Destination path has been set, the MIN (minimalist GUI) button becomes available. In Minimal mode, you get a further level of automation, once initial options are set, and thus less prompts ... none in fact, as jobs are created automatically based on either COPY or MOVE.
      Minimalist Window

In the Minimalist mode, you can only use Drag & Drop to add a source file or folder, and COPY or MOVE is permanently set when the window first opens, via a choice prompt.
      Assigning a WAIT is simple and easy, and is the latest feature added to the program ... I used a much more complex variant before that (see Advanced Delay).

The program now displays three file size reports.
      Individual Size of the current (last added) job (Blue label).
      Total Size of all jobs combined (Black label).
      Subtotal Size for each grouping of jobs, defined by a WAIT selection (Red label).
      You toggle between Black and Red, by just clicking that label. If no WAIT has been set, then the values will be the same.
      The wait of 5 minutes in the screenshot above is set for the source shown. It means wait 5 minutes before copying (or moving) that source.
      More sources added from that point, add to a new subtotal. To see the previous subtotal, you need to be at the main (MAX) window, and select the prior job.
      So every time a WAIT is clicked for a source a new subtotal count is started.

In the screenshot above, you can see the Job name, and that it is Job number 5 order wise. MOVE has been set for that job.
      Selecting Job 4, you will see the previous (complete) Subtotal. Selecting job 3 (in this instance), you would see the subtotal up to that job.
      Click the red Total label and it will change to Black, and show you the total size over all, as shown in the second screenshot above.
      This new WAIT feature is the simplest and best way to use the program generally (in my view) ... but check out the following, as it is not always the case.
      Advanced Delay Window

The Advanced Delay Options, are a further level of automation, added during the early stages of development, before I thought to create the Minimalist window and show Sizes. It was before I decided to put a lot more effort into the program. As with all my programs though, it is continual use that eventually dictates what I ultimately want to happen, to make my life easier ... simpler, better, smarter, quicker.
      The main difference between this older method, and the new WAIT one, where you specify delays precisely, is that the program attempts to determine the best moments to pause, based on various factors, which you setup and can vary between different types of Job sessions.
      The chief purpose for all the advanced options, is an attempt to cater for the difference between moving a small number of big files and a lot of small files. Moving or Copying lots of small files (hundreds or thousands), as many would know, can heat up a HDD far quicker and to a much higher temperature than a small number of (even very) large files. I guess that is primarily due to the sheer number of indexes that need to be created, and with small files are done at a staggering rate.
      Which method you use, is up to you, and should be governed by the type of job. Both methods can be used together, but not advised if you don't want the possibility of unnecessary extra long delays. EDIT - That said, you could use the WAIT option just for a delayed start of the first job ... perhaps your PC is busy doing something else until then, but you want to go and do something else for a bit, and have it all done by the time you return (i.e. watch a movie).
      WARNING - It should go without saying, that you take all the usual precautions. For instance, don't use move with the only copy you have of precious files. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP! Don't hold me liable for anything, except for being a nice guy who likes to share.
      TeraCopy Timer v2.0.zip
      Enjoy!
      P.S. I am not affiliated in any way with those who created and provide the excellent third party program - TeraCopy.
    • TheAutomator
      By TheAutomator
      A fullscreen console with custom commands!

Introduction:
      Hi everyone!
      This funny project started as a question in the help section:
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/174404-edit-detect-key-before-updating-content/
      I'd like to share this script with everyone that is interested. 

Why would I want it?
      You like the old style fullscreen console (like in the old day's), You can add custom commands, You can customize the font a lot more compared to cmd.exe, You can share ideas or add tweaks to the script.  
      What's next?
      I'm planning to add my own programming language to it!
      Its going to be implemented with an ActiveX COM dll.
      The syntax is going to be a bit like Lua I guess, any ideas are welcome!

Todo:
      Add sounds. Make an icon / logo. Design a better grammar ( Backus-Naur-vorm: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backus-Naur-vorm ). Make test "Console-Scripts" for it. Add a file type for script files ( like batch scripts ). Clean up and modify Console.Au3 content. Add an option to have to type a login password (maybe). Call neo   
      Thanks to:
      xxaviarxx: debugging, some ideas. jguinch: debugging, adding a bunch of tweaks and ideas. kylomas: debugging, new ideas.  
      Edits and updates:
      Added tab key Main edit has focus now on startup Made a pdf that explains the upcoming programming language (need feedback about it!)  
      Until the dll is ready you can have fun with what I already have, hope you like it!
      UDF can be downloaded from the attachments.
      Regards

[The programming language part is been postponed]
      [It's been a while, made a custom recursive descent parser in AutoIt, language and updates will be uploaded soon!]

TheAutomator

Console.au3
      ConsoleScript.pdf
    • Eggsplorer
      By Eggsplorer
      Hi,
      Ich hab ein Script für Windows Updates, dass nach dem OOBE aufgerufen werden soll. Run/RunOnce ist daher nicht möglich.
      Stattdessen möchte ich das Script in den Autostart schreiben lasse. Wenn die OOBE beendet wird und der Administrator angemeldet wird, soll das Update-Script einmalig aufgerufen werden und sich anschl. selbst löschen.
      Lang rede, kurzer Sinn:
      Wie kann ich folgendes Script in den Autostart schreiben?
      RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -File C:\UA\Scripts\win-updates.ps1 -MaxUpdatesPerCycle 100 -RestartRequired 1", "") Ich würde ungern eine BAT oder EXE reinkopieren, da ich es unsauber finde. Die müsste ja auch zusätzlich irgendwo liegen.
      Danke
      Eggsplorer
    • rinoatwisted
      By rinoatwisted
      Hello guys,
      im just started in programming and all..
      and i wanted to learn autoscript to.
      Was wondering if any can convert my  one-liner batch script to an autoit script -
      FOR /F %%i IN (names.txt) DO @copy system.act %%i.act

So what this does is open and read the file "names.txt" incrementally, and copy a certain file named "system.act" and rename it to each name that is listed on "names.txt"

So im trying this on autoit but no idea how to start file manipulation and do command -

#include <File.au3>
      $file = "c:\names.txt"
      FileOpen($file, 0)
      For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($file)
          $line = FileReadLine($file, $i)

Can anyone help me or guide me on how to continue this to get the result that i want..:)?
      Thanks