WoodGrain

UseTraySetIcon("shell32.dll", xx) for compiled icon

WoodGrain

Hi All,

I'm using UseTraySetIcon("shell32.dll", xx) to set my tray icon to a specific icon while running, is there a way I can specify this icon when I compile my script into an exe so my exe icon is the same?

Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Barrtrek
      By Barrtrek
      I get the "Unable to add resources" error related to AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2Exe when compiling with a large FileInstall of a 1.5GB file.  Is there a size limit I need to be aware of?  I've also disabled or removed Trend from three different machines and had the same results.  I've had issues like this in the past but have compiled after the Aut2Exe folder was excluded in AV.  That doesn't seem to be the problem this time around.  If I comment out the FileInstall the script compiles successfully.
    • buymeapc
      By buymeapc
      Hi all,
      I'm trying to create a listview with subitem icons and I achieved this by simply rearranging the order of the columns, so that the first column is in the middle, thus appearing as a subitem with an icon - this method prevents the "icon clipping" that happens when using subitem icons in a listview. My issue is that when I select a row that does not have an icon, the space where the icon would be is white. Is there a way to make this transparent, so it looks like the entire row is selected?
      Here's an example - click the second listview item/row to see a blank space where the icon would be.
      #include <GuiConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <GuiImageList.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> _Main() Func _Main() Local $hGui, $listview, $hImage Local $iLV_EXStyle_NoChecks = BitOR($LVS_EX_GRIDLINES, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_SUBITEMIMAGES, $LVS_EX_DOUBLEBUFFER, $LVS_EX_HEADERDRAGDROP) $hGui = GUICreate("Listview Test With Icons", 400, 300) $listview = GUICtrlCreateListView("Col 1|Col 2|Col 3", 2, 2, 394, 268, BitOR($LVS_REPORT, $LVS_SHAREIMAGELISTS)) _GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($listview, $iLV_EXStyle_NoChecks) GUISetState() ; Create the image list $hImage = _GUIImageList_Create(16, 16, 5, 3) _GUIImageList_AddIcon($hImage, @SystemDir & "\shell32.dll", 165) _GUICtrlListView_SetImageList($listview, $hImage, 1) ; Set the order so the first column is moved to the middle, ; acting like a subitem with an icon _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnOrder($listview, "1|0|2") ; Add the items GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Item1|Item2|Item3", $listview) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Item4|Item5|Item6", $listview) ; Set an icon for just the first item _GUICtrlListView_SetItemImage($listview, 0, 0) Do Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE GUIDelete() EndFunc ;==>_Main  
    • ur
      By ur
      I need to read the status of OneDrive icon running in the taskbar and update the status in a log file.
      2nd part I can complete
      But the first part, how to read the status of tray menu icon.

I need the text above from the tray icon.
      I looked into , but not that helpful.

• Earthshine
      By Earthshine
      This baby can do almost any language! I found Gleany on this site and set it up on a fresh win10 install. all i would need to do to make it build an exe of the search files app we discovered is the .NET Target Framework download to build 100 % but the exe works and generates! You also need to add the path the the version of csc.exe that you want to run. MSBuild is part of .NET and can read your .csproj file.
      YOU can develop .NET OR C/C++ on this baby!
      Super lightweight (fit for crappy laptops), and you can use any dev compilers you wish, Ming, MS, etc, whatever.
      To use the build, you need to open the csproj file, else, to check your syntax it can compile individual files as well. The warning are because I do not have the .NET 4.6 Targeting Pack installed... LOL, and I could get rid of the Core warning, yes, I did not want to build a .NET Core.dll I wanted a live x64 exe! Told you MSBUILD could handle .CSPROJ, .VBPROJ, and all others Microsoft. Don't let Visual Code or Visual Studio slow you down, although, this works with Visual Code as well but there is only debugging in CORE.DLL projects

ListFiles Example.zip

• GordonFreeman
      By GordonFreeman
      Hi, i searched some topics but cannot found a simple way to do that:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 615, 438, 192, 124) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; I tried this but user reported that it work in 2006, not seems work actually $filemenu = GUICtrlCreateMenu ("&File") $fileitem = GUICtrlCreateMenuitem ("Open",$filemenu) GuiCtrlSetImage($fileitem, "shell32.dll", 4) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd Also tried:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 615, 438, 192, 124) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) $filemenu = TrayCreateMenu("&File") $fileitem = TrayCreateItem("Open",$filemenu) ;GuiCtrlSetImage($fileitem, "shell32.dll", 4) ;GuiCtrlSetImage(TrayItemGetHandle($fileitem), "shell32.dll", 4) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd Well.. thanks in advance!

Ok. I found this working example from Yashied. If i cannot find a simple then i will go with it
      #Include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #Include <GUIMenu.au3> #Include <Constants.au3> #Include <WinAPI.au3> #Include <WindowsConstants.au3> Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1) Global $hMenu, $hForm, $hFile = 1000, $idNew, $idExit $hForm = GUICreate('Menu', 400, 300) $hFile = _GUICtrlMenu_CreateMenu() _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem ($hFile, 0, ' &Favorites', $idNew) _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem ($hFile, 1, '', 0) _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hFile, 2, ' E&xit', $idExit) $hMenu = _GUICtrlMenu_CreateMenu() _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hMenu, 0, '&File', 0, $hFile) _GUICtrlMenu_SetMenu($hForm, $hMenu) _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemBmp($hFile, 0, _CreateBitmapFromIcon(_WinAPI_GetSysColor($COLOR_MENU), @SystemDir & '\shell32.dll', 43, 16, 16)) _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemBmp($hFile, 2, _CreateBitmapFromIcon(_WinAPI_GetSysColor($COLOR_MENU), @SystemDir & '\shell32.dll', 27, 16, 16)) GUISetState() Do Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Func _CreateBitmapFromIcon($iBackground, $sIcon, $iIndex, $iWidth, $iHeight) Local $hDC, $hBackDC, $hBackSv, $hIcon, $hBitmap $hDC = _WinAPI_GetDC(0) $hBackDC = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC($hDC) $hBitmap = _WinAPI_CreateSolidBitmap(0, $iBackground, $iWidth, $iHeight) $hBackSv = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hBackDC, $hBitmap) $hIcon = _WinAPI_PrivateExtractIcon($sIcon, $iIndex, $iWidth, $iHeight) If Not @error Then _WinAPI_DrawIconEx($hBackDC, 0, 0, $hIcon, 0, 0, 0, 0, $DI_NORMAL) _WinAPI_DestroyIcon($hIcon) EndIf _WinAPI_SelectObject($hBackDC, $hBackSv) _WinAPI_ReleaseDC(0, $hDC) _WinAPI_DeleteDC($hBackDC) Return $hBitmap EndFunc ;==>_CreateBitmapFromIcon Func _WinAPI_PrivateExtractIcon($sIcon, $iIndex, $iWidth, $iHeight) Local $hIcon, $tIcon = DllStructCreate('hwnd'), $tID = DllStructCreate('hwnd') Local $Ret = DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'PrivateExtractIcons', 'str', $sIcon, 'int', $iIndex, 'int', $iWidth, 'int', $iHeight, 'ptr', DllStructGetPtr($tIcon), 'ptr', DllStructGetPtr($tID), 'int', 1, 'int', 0) If (@error) Or ($Ret[0] = 0) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) EndIf $hIcon = DllStructGetData($tIcon, 1) If ($hIcon = Ptr(0)) Or (Not IsPtr($hIcon)) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) EndIf Return $hIcon EndFunc ;==>_WinAPI_PrivateExtractIcon Ok, i noticed that is a pain create submenu with _GUICtrlMenu_CreatePopup to do like in Tray, and Tray better located, then i need images/icon with Tray functions, some workaround?? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.