WoodGrain

UseTraySetIcon("shell32.dll", xx) for compiled icon

Hi All,

I'm using UseTraySetIcon("shell32.dll", xx) to set my tray icon to a specific icon while running, is there a way I can specify this icon when I compile my script into an exe so my exe icon is the same?

Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Skeletor
      Hey All,
      Yes, this is an odd request. 
      But is there a way to bulk up the size of the compiled program? 
      I know many want to reduce it's size, but I want to increase it.
      What methods do you suggest?
    • By argumentum
      So I'm coding in win 10, ..every thing looks nice but then I think, what about XP, ...ugly, but I make it pretty again, no problem. Lets check in Win 7 and here is my conundrum.
      Win 10, DRM is on, XP is off ( well, non-existant ), so far so good. I decide to make it the "switch" to enable or disable the checkbox in the context menu.
      Win 7 ... I try to apply the same logic and:
      DRM on:

DRM off:

now, "Windows 7 Basic": DRM is off

Question: how should I determine if to hide the check-mark or not?, Is there a way to know that this theme is ? or better yet, how can I know that the theme is classic ?
      Thanks
      PS: I know that the code is not here but I think that my trend of thought would make it irrelevant anyway.

• By dimm
      Is it possible to compile script without any icon resources included?
      When I make exe it uses default system icon of current OS even if I compile as console application.
      On other versions of Windows it looks a little strange

Update:
      It seems that the only way is remove icons from exe after compilation using resource editors like ResHacker.

another bad solution:
      Using corrupted 35 bytes icon file. Windows can't load it and shows default system icon.
      #pragma compile(Icon, broken.ico) broken.ico
    • By Skeletor
      Hi All,
      It has been bugging me for a while now. 
      Can you view the AutoIt code from within a compiled exe. Like how you can with most .Net exe's by using a certain program.
      If this is possible, how then can I secure my program (if this method exists).