Jibberish

Is this really that hard? Problems getting results from GUICtrlCreateInput

Jibberish

I am having difficulties getting updated results from GUICtrlCreateInput. I wrote a small script to demonstrate what I am trying to do.

This script reads a text file into an array and displays the Name and Number from the text file.
The user can check a name and change the number, and the results are displayed in _ArrayDisplay.
Only the Checked names are displayed in their original position. This is necessary for future
plumbing.

The problem with this script is the original number is returned, not the changed number. I cannot
figure out how to get the updated number to be displayed.

;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
;
;   This script reads a text file into an array and displays the Name and Number from the text file.
;       The user can check a name and change the number, and the results are displayed in _ArrayDisplay.
;       Only the Checked names are displayed in their original position. This is necessary for future
;           plumbing.
;
;   The problem with this script is the original number is returned, not the changed number. I cannot
;       figure out how to get the updated number to be displayed.
;
;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#include-once
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <array.au3>
#include <Date.au3>
#include <WinAPIFiles.au3>
#include <AutoItConstants.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>

Local $iMax = 6 ;Default number of Videos - 1 for the array counter
Dim $aTextFile[$iMax][2]    ; [start with 5 entries][Name, Number]  Don't get confused! [Row][Column]
Local $i = 0
Local $iLeft = 30
Local $iTop = 30
Local $sName
Local $sNumber
Local $aArray
Local $iMaxCol = 5
Local $iRow = 0
Local $iCol = 0
Local $aNumberCount[$iMaxCol][2]

$aArray1 = ReadFile()
$aNamesNumbers = DisplayNames($aArray1)
_ArrayDisplay($aNamesNumbers)

;
;   ReadFile() places the contents of the NameNumber.txt file in an array
;

Func ReadFile()
Local $sFileData = @ScriptDir & "\NameNumber.txt"
Local $iStrReturn = 0
Local $aArrayFile
Local $aTextFile[$iMaxCol][2]
Local $aName
Local $sCheckBox1
Const $iL = 10  ; Count from Left for GUI so all buttons line up
Local $sFill
Local $iA = 0, $iN = 0

; Put the Names into an Array
    _FileReadToArray($sFileData, $aArrayFile)
    For $iA = 0 To $aArrayFile[0]   ; Step through the array looking for Names
        If StringInStr($aArrayFile[$iA], "Name:") Then
            $aName = StringSplit($aArrayFile[$iA],":")
            $sFill = $aName[2]
            If UBound($aTextFile) <= $iRow Then
                ; Resize the array when $iRow is equal to the element count in the array to prevent subscript error
                ReDim $aTextFile[UBound($aTextFile) + 1][$iMaxCol]
            EndIf
            $aTextFile[$iRow][$iCol] = $sFill
            $iRow += 1
        EndIf
    Next

$iCol = 1
    $iRow = 0
    $sFill = ""
    For $iA = 1 To $aArrayFile[0]   ; Step through the array looking for Numbers
        If StringInStr($aArrayFile[$iA], "Number:") Then
            $aName = StringSplit($aArrayFile[$iA],":")
            $sFill = $aName[2]
            If UBound($aTextFile) <= $iRow Then
                ; Resize the array when $iRow is equal to the element count in the array to prevent subscript error
                ReDim $aTextFile[UBound($aTextFile) + 1][$iMaxCol]
            EndIf
            $aTextFile[$iRow][$iCol] = $sFill
            $iRow += 1
        EndIf
    Next
    Return $aTextFile

EndFunc

;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
;
;   Display the Name and Number
;
;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Func DisplayNames($aArray1)
    Local $aName[$iMax]
    Local $aNumbers[$iMax]
    $iMMCount = UBound($aArray1)
    $iMMCount -=1

Local $iWidth = 300
    Local $iLength = 300;$iMMCount * 30
    GUISetFont(12)
    $hGUI = GUICreate("Edit / Update Number Test", $iWidth, $iLength, -1, -1)
    GUICtrlCreateLabel("         Name                                          Number",1,5)
    ;$iTop += 30
;
;   Display Name with a Checkbox. Only Checked Names should be saved.
;
;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    For $i = 0 to $iMMCount Step 1
        $sNameText = $aArray1[$i][0]
        $iNameLength = StringLen($sNameText)
        $aName[$i] = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox($sNameText,$iLeft, $iTop)
        $iTop += 30
    Next

;
;   Display the number from the text file below each name. Allow the user to change the number and display the
;       new number.
;
;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    $iLeft = 60
    GUIStartGroup()
        $iTop = 28
    For $i = 0 to $iMMCount Step 1
        $sNumberText = $aArray1[$i][1]
        $aNumberCount[$i][1] = $sNumberText
        $aNumberCount[$i][0] = GUICtrlCreateInput($sNumberText,$iLeft, $iTop, 50,18, $GUI_DOCKAUTO)
        GUICtrlSetPos($aNumberCount[$i][0],200)
        $iTop += 30
    Next

;
;   Read the checked names and (possibly updated) number
;

$iMMCount = UBound($aNumberCount)
    $iMMNewCount = $iMMCount - 1
    Local $aGUICheckbox[$iMMCount]
    Local $aCheckedNameNumber[$iMMCount][2]

$iLeft = 30
    Local $idCloseGUI = GUICtrlCreateButton("Close",$iLeft, $iTop)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
    While 1
        $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
        Switch $nMsg
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                Exit

Case $idCloseGUI
                For $i = 0 To $iMMNewCount Step 1
                    Switch GUICtrlRead($aName[$i])
                        Case $GUI_CHECKED
                            $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][0] = $aArray1[$i][0]
                        Case $GUI_UNCHECKED
                    EndSwitch
                    Switch GUICtrlRead($aNumberCount[$i][0])
                        Case $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][1] = GUICtrlRead($aNumberCount[$i][1])

EndSwitch
                Next
                ExitLoop
        EndSwitch
    WEnd

For $i = 0 to $iMMNewCount step 1
        GUICtrlRead($aNumberCount[$i][0])
        If $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][0] <> "" Then
            $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][1] = $aNumberCount[$i][1]
        EndIf
    Next
    GUIDelete($hGUI)

Return $aCheckedNameNumber
EndFunc

This is the text file I am reading. If you want to try this out put the NameNumber.txt file in your script directory. It's attached to the post.

* This is a dummy file with a Name and Number
* The only purpose of this file is to read the updated Number.
Name:Taggart
Number:916
Name:Mongo
Number:90
Name:Hedley Lamarr
Number:22
Name:Bart
Number:9999
Name:The Waco Kid
Number:2244

If I change the number, the original number is displayed at the end, not the updated/modified number. I need the modified number to be displayed.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Jibberish

NameNumber.txt

Edited by Jibberish
Updated Title

Jibberish

Wow! This must be tough! I usually get responses fairly quickly!

Jos

You mean like this? :

While 1
        $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
        Switch $nMsg
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                Exit

Case $idCloseGUI
                For $i = 0 To $iMMNewCount Step 1
                    Switch GUICtrlRead($aName[$i])
                        Case $GUI_CHECKED
                            $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][1] = GUICtrlRead($aNumberCount[$i][0])
                        Case $GUI_UNCHECKED
                    EndSwitch
                Next
                ExitLoop
        EndSwitch
    WEnd

Jos

• Like 1

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

JLogan3o13

@Jibberish in the future please follow forum etiquette and wait 24 hours before bumping your post. This may be the most important thing in the world to you right now, but you need to show a little patience and give people a chance to respond. We have volunteers from all over the globe; the person best suited to answer your question may not be online at the moment.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• guinness
      By guinness
      #include <Array.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> ; Proof of concept for using the control id as an index item for an array. I created back on 8th April 2013. Example() Func Example() ; Create the GUI. Local $iHeight = 400, $iWidth = 400 Local $hGUI = GUICreate('', $iWidth, $iHeight) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) ; Declare variables to be used throughout the example. Local Const $BUTTON_ROWS_COLUMNS = 8 Local Enum $eCTRL_HWND, $eCTRL_VALUE, $eCTRL_MAX Local $aMsg[1][$eCTRL_MAX], _ $iButtonHeight = $iHeight / $BUTTON_ROWS_COLUMNS, _ $iButtonWidth = $iWidth / $BUTTON_ROWS_COLUMNS, _ $iControlID = 0 For $i = 0 To $BUTTON_ROWS_COLUMNS - 1 For $j = 0 To $BUTTON_ROWS_COLUMNS - 1 $iControlID = GUICtrlCreateButton($i & ',' & $j, $i * $iButtonWidth, $j * $iButtonHeight, $iButtonWidth, $iButtonHeight, $BS_CENTER) ; Increase the size of the array if the control id is greater than or equal to the total size of the array. If $iControlID >= UBound($aMsg) Then ReDim $aMsg[Ceiling($iControlID * 1.3)][$eCTRL_MAX] EndIf ; Add to the array. $aMsg[$iControlID][$eCTRL_HWND] = GUICtrlGetHandle($iControlID) $aMsg[$iControlID][$eCTRL_VALUE] = 'Sample string for the control id: ' & $iControlID Next Next ; Clear empty items after the last created control id. ReDim $aMsg[$iControlID + 1][$eCTRL_MAX] ; Display the array created. _ArrayDisplay($aMsg) Local $iMsg = 0 While 1 $iMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $iMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop Case $aMsg[$eCTRL_HWND][$eCTRL_HWND] To UBound($aMsg) ; If $iMsg is greater than 0 and between the 0th index of $aMsg and the last item then display in the console. If $iMsg > 0 Then ConsoleWrite('Control Hwnd: ' & $aMsg[$iMsg][$eCTRL_HWND] & ', ' & $aMsg[$iMsg][$eCTRL_VALUE] & @CRLF) EndIf EndSwitch WEnd GUIDelete($hGUI) EndFunc ;==>Example  
    • XinYoung
      By XinYoung
      For fun, I'm building an app that opens a webpage and refreshes it every 30 seconds.
      But once the script performs _IEAction($oIE, "refresh"), the GUI closes.
      Any help is appreciated.

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
      #include <EditConstants.au3>
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
      #include <StaticConstants.au3>
      #include <WindowsConstants.au3>
      #include <WinAPIFiles.au3>
      #include <Array.au3>
      #include <File.au3>
      #include <Excel.au3>
      #include <DateTimeConstants.au3>
      #include <WinAPIShellEx.au3>
      #include <Date.au3>
      #include <ComboConstants.au3>
      #include <guimenu.au3>
      #include <IE.au3>
      HotKeySet("{F4}", "_Exit")
      ;Open the file(s) in the selected folder
      $extension = ".txt"
      $app2openWith = @SystemDir & "\notepad.exe"
      Func Begin()
          Global $loopTrick = 0
          #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=c:\users\mchu\downloads\autoit\my code\form1.kxf
          Global $UI = GUICreate("Hit Em Up!", 256, 113, -1, -1)
          GUISetBkColor(0x000000)
          $menu = _GUICtrlMenu_GetSystemMenu($UI)
          _GUICtrlMenu_EnableMenuItem($menu, $SC_CLOSE, 1, False)
          Global $url = GUICtrlCreateInput("https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ", 81, 8, 160, 21)
          $Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Target:", 16, 8, 55, 17)
          GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
          GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x00FF00)
          Global $StartBut = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start", 16, 40, 67, 25)
          GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 13, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
          GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x008000)
          $Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("(Press F4 to Exit)", 96, 40, 8000, 17)
          GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
          GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x00FF00)
          GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
          #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###
          While 1
              $UIfunc = GUIGetMsg()
              Select
                  Case $UIfunc = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                      _Exit()
                  Case $UIfunc = $StartBut
                      If GUICtrlRead($url) = "" Then
                          MsgBox(48, "Um...", "Give me a target you idiot.")
                      Else
                          GUICtrlSetState($url, $GUI_DISABLE)
                          GUICtrlSetState($StartBut, $GUI_DISABLE)
                          Start()
                      EndIf
              EndSelect
          WEnd
      EndFunc   ;==>Begin
      Func Start()
          If $loopTrick = 0 Then
              Global $oIE = _IECreate(GUICtrlRead($url))
              _IELoadWait($oIE)
              Again()
          ElseIf $loopTrick = 1 Then
              Sleep(3000)
              _IEAction($oIE, "refresh")
              Sleep(3000)
              Start()
          EndIf
      EndFunc   ;==>Start
      Func Again()
          $loopTrick = 1
          Start()
      EndFunc   ;==>Again
      Func _Exit()
          Exit
      EndFunc   ;==>_Exit
    • corz
      By corz
      Associative Array Functions
      I've seen a couple of UDFs for this on the forum. One of them I quite like. But it's still nearly not as good as this method, IMHO.
      I don't recall if I discovered the "Scripting.Dictionary" COM object myself or if I got the original base code from somewhere online. I have recently searched the web (and here) hard for any AutoIt references to this, other than my own over the years I've been using this (in ffe, etc..), and I can find nothing, so I dunno. If anyone does, I'd love to give credit where it's due; this is some cute stuff! It could actually be all my own work! lol
      At any rate, it's too useful to not have posted somewhere at autoitscript.com, so I've put together a wee demo.
      For those who haven't heard of the COM "Scripting.Dictionary".. 
      If you've ever coded in Perl or PHP (and many other languages), you know how useful associative arrays are. Basically, rather than having to iterate through an array to discover it's values, with an associative array you simply pluck values out by their key "names".
      I've added a few functions over the years, tweaked and tuned, and this now represent pretty much everything you need to easily work with associative arrays in AutoIt. En-joy!
      The main selling point of this approach is its simplicity and weight. I mean, look at how much code it takes to work with associative arrays! The demo is bigger than all the functions put together! The other selling point is that we are using Windows' built-in COM object functions which are at least theoretically, fast and robust.
      I've used it many times without issues, anyhow, here goes..
      ; Associative arrays in AutoIt? Hells yeah! ; Initialize your array ... global $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "AAError") ; Initialize a COM error handler ; first example, simple. global $simple AAInit($simple) AAAdd($simple, "John", "Baptist") AAAdd($simple, "Mary", "Lady Of The Night") AAAdd($simple, "Trump", "Silly Man-Child") AAList($simple) debug("It is said that Trump is a " & AAGetItem($simple, "Trump") & ".", @ScriptLineNumber);debug debug("") ; slightly more interesting.. $ini_path = "AA_Test.ini" ; Put this prefs section in your ini file.. ; [test] ; foo=foo value ; foo2=foo2 value ; bar=bar value ; bar2=bar2 value global $associative_array AAInit($associative_array) ; We are going to convert this 2D array into a cute associative array where we ; can access the values by simply using their respective key names.. $test_array = IniReadSection($ini_path, "test") for $z = 1 to 2 ; do it twice, to show that the items are *really* there! for $i = 1 to $test_array[0][0] $key_name = $test_array[$i][0] debug("Adding '" & $key_name & "'..");debug ; key already exists in "$associative_array", use the pre-determined value.. if AAExists($associative_array, $key_name) then $this_value = AAGetItem($associative_array, $key_name) debug("key_name ALREADY EXISTS! : =>" & $key_name & "<=" , @ScriptLineNumber);debug else $this_value = $test_array[$i][1] ; store left=right value pair in AA if $this_value then AAAdd($associative_array, $key_name, $this_value) endif endif next next debug(@CRLF & "Array Count: =>" & AACount($associative_array) & "<=" , @ScriptLineNumber);debug AAList($associative_array) debug(@CRLF & "Removing 'foo'..");debug AARemove($associative_array, "foo") debug(@CRLF & "Array Count: =>" & AACount($associative_array) & "<=" , @ScriptLineNumber);debug AAList($associative_array) debug(@CRLF & "Removing 'bar'..");debug AARemove($associative_array, "bar") debug(@CRLF & "Array Count: =>" & AACount($associative_array) & "<=" , @ScriptLineNumber);debug AAList($associative_array) quit() func quit() AAWipe($associative_array) AAWipe($simple) endfunc ;; Begin AA Functions func AAInit(ByRef $dict_obj) $dict_obj = ObjCreate("Scripting.Dictionary") endfunc ; Adds a key and item pair to a Dictionary object.. func AAAdd(ByRef $dict_obj, $key, $val) $dict_obj.Add($key, $val) If @error Then return SetError(1, 1, -1) endfunc ; Removes a key and item pair from a Dictionary object.. func AARemove(ByRef $dict_obj, $key) $dict_obj.Remove($key) If @error Then return SetError(1, 1, -1) endfunc ; Returns true if a specified key exists in the associative array, false if not.. func AAExists(ByRef $dict_obj, $key) return $dict_obj.Exists($key) endfunc ; Returns a value for a specified key name in the associative array.. func AAGetItem(ByRef $dict_obj, $key) return $dict_obj.Item($key) endfunc ; Returns the total number of keys in the array.. func AACount(ByRef $dict_obj) return $dict_obj.Count endfunc ; List all the "Key" > "Item" pairs in the array.. func AAList(ByRef $dict_obj) debug("AAList: =>", @ScriptLineNumber);debug local $k = $dict_obj.Keys ; Get the keys ; local $a = $dict_obj.Items ; Get the items for $i = 0 to AACount($dict_obj) -1 ; Iterate the array debug($k[$i] & " ==> " & AAGetItem($dict_obj, $k[$i])) next endfunc ; Wipe the array, obviously. func AAWipe(ByRef $dict_obj) $dict_obj.RemoveAll() endfunc ; Oh oh! func AAError() Local $err = $oMyError.number If $err = 0 Then $err = -1 SetError($err) ; to check for after this function returns endfunc ;; End AA Functions. ; debug() (trimmed-down version) ; ; provides quick debug report in your console.. func debug($d_string, $ln=false) local $pre ; For Jump-to-Line in Notepad++ if $ln then $pre = "(" & $ln & ") " & @Tab ConsoleWrite($pre & $d_string & @CRLF) endfunc  
      ;o) Cor
    • kcvinu
      By kcvinu
      Hi all,
      I have a button created with _GUICtrlButton_Create function. I know that this function returns a handle of button instead of an ID. So i have obtain control ID by calling _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID function. After that i have tried the GUICtrlSetBkColor function. But it didnt worked. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. 
      Note : - The window which carries this button is not created with native gui create function. Instead, it is created with CreateWindowEx api function.
    • kcvinu
      By kcvinu
      Hi all,
      I am playing with _GUICtrlButton_Create function. How can i change this button's (or the entire form's) font ?. The in-built GUICtrlSetFont function is not working even when i convert the control handle to control ID with _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID ( ) function.  Do i need to use CreateFont api finction and send WM_SETFONT message ? Or is there any other easy and safe ways to do this ?. Thanks in advance.
      Note : This window is created by CreateWindowEx function, not by GUICreate function. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.