Jibberish

Is this really that hard? Problems getting results from GUICtrlCreateInput

Jibberish

I am having difficulties getting updated results from GUICtrlCreateInput. I wrote a small script to demonstrate what I am trying to do.

This script reads a text file into an array and displays the Name and Number from the text file.
The user can check a name and change the number, and the results are displayed in _ArrayDisplay.
Only the Checked names are displayed in their original position. This is necessary for future
plumbing.

The problem with this script is the original number is returned, not the changed number. I cannot
figure out how to get the updated number to be displayed.

;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
;
;   This script reads a text file into an array and displays the Name and Number from the text file.
;       The user can check a name and change the number, and the results are displayed in _ArrayDisplay.
;       Only the Checked names are displayed in their original position. This is necessary for future
;           plumbing.
;
;   The problem with this script is the original number is returned, not the changed number. I cannot
;       figure out how to get the updated number to be displayed.
;
;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#include-once
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <array.au3>
#include <Date.au3>
#include <WinAPIFiles.au3>
#include <AutoItConstants.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>

Local $iMax = 6 ;Default number of Videos - 1 for the array counter
Dim $aTextFile[$iMax][2]    ; [start with 5 entries][Name, Number]  Don't get confused! [Row][Column]
Local $i = 0
Local $iLeft = 30
Local $iTop = 30
Local $sName
Local $sNumber
Local $aArray
Local $iMaxCol = 5
Local $iRow = 0
Local $iCol = 0
Local $aNumberCount[$iMaxCol][2]

$aArray1 = ReadFile()
$aNamesNumbers = DisplayNames($aArray1)
_ArrayDisplay($aNamesNumbers)

;
;   ReadFile() places the contents of the NameNumber.txt file in an array
;

Func ReadFile()
Local $sFileData = @ScriptDir & "\NameNumber.txt"
Local $iStrReturn = 0
Local $aArrayFile
Local $aTextFile[$iMaxCol][2]
Local $aName
Local $sCheckBox1
Const $iL = 10  ; Count from Left for GUI so all buttons line up
Local $sFill
Local $iA = 0, $iN = 0

; Put the Names into an Array
    _FileReadToArray($sFileData, $aArrayFile)
    For $iA = 0 To $aArrayFile[0]   ; Step through the array looking for Names
        If StringInStr($aArrayFile[$iA], "Name:") Then
            $aName = StringSplit($aArrayFile[$iA],":")
            $sFill = $aName[2]
            If UBound($aTextFile) <= $iRow Then
                ; Resize the array when $iRow is equal to the element count in the array to prevent subscript error
                ReDim $aTextFile[UBound($aTextFile) + 1][$iMaxCol]
            EndIf
            $aTextFile[$iRow][$iCol] = $sFill
            $iRow += 1
        EndIf
    Next

$iCol = 1
    $iRow = 0
    $sFill = ""
    For $iA = 1 To $aArrayFile[0]   ; Step through the array looking for Numbers
        If StringInStr($aArrayFile[$iA], "Number:") Then
            $aName = StringSplit($aArrayFile[$iA],":")
            $sFill = $aName[2]
            If UBound($aTextFile) <= $iRow Then
                ; Resize the array when $iRow is equal to the element count in the array to prevent subscript error
                ReDim $aTextFile[UBound($aTextFile) + 1][$iMaxCol]
            EndIf
            $aTextFile[$iRow][$iCol] = $sFill
            $iRow += 1
        EndIf
    Next
    Return $aTextFile

EndFunc

;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
;
;   Display the Name and Number
;
;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Func DisplayNames($aArray1)
    Local $aName[$iMax]
    Local $aNumbers[$iMax]
    $iMMCount = UBound($aArray1)
    $iMMCount -=1

Local $iWidth = 300
    Local $iLength = 300;$iMMCount * 30
    GUISetFont(12)
    $hGUI = GUICreate("Edit / Update Number Test", $iWidth, $iLength, -1, -1)
    GUICtrlCreateLabel("         Name                                          Number",1,5)
    ;$iTop += 30
;
;   Display Name with a Checkbox. Only Checked Names should be saved.
;
;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    For $i = 0 to $iMMCount Step 1
        $sNameText = $aArray1[$i][0]
        $iNameLength = StringLen($sNameText)
        $aName[$i] = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox($sNameText,$iLeft, $iTop)
        $iTop += 30
    Next

;
;   Display the number from the text file below each name. Allow the user to change the number and display the
;       new number.
;
;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    $iLeft = 60
    GUIStartGroup()
        $iTop = 28
    For $i = 0 to $iMMCount Step 1
        $sNumberText = $aArray1[$i][1]
        $aNumberCount[$i][1] = $sNumberText
        $aNumberCount[$i][0] = GUICtrlCreateInput($sNumberText,$iLeft, $iTop, 50,18, $GUI_DOCKAUTO)
        GUICtrlSetPos($aNumberCount[$i][0],200)
        $iTop += 30
    Next

;
;   Read the checked names and (possibly updated) number
;

$iMMCount = UBound($aNumberCount)
    $iMMNewCount = $iMMCount - 1
    Local $aGUICheckbox[$iMMCount]
    Local $aCheckedNameNumber[$iMMCount][2]

$iLeft = 30
    Local $idCloseGUI = GUICtrlCreateButton("Close",$iLeft, $iTop)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
    While 1
        $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
        Switch $nMsg
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                Exit

Case $idCloseGUI
                For $i = 0 To $iMMNewCount Step 1
                    Switch GUICtrlRead($aName[$i])
                        Case $GUI_CHECKED
                            $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][0] = $aArray1[$i][0]
                        Case $GUI_UNCHECKED
                    EndSwitch
                    Switch GUICtrlRead($aNumberCount[$i][0])
                        Case $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][1] = GUICtrlRead($aNumberCount[$i][1])

EndSwitch
                Next
                ExitLoop
        EndSwitch
    WEnd

For $i = 0 to $iMMNewCount step 1
        GUICtrlRead($aNumberCount[$i][0])
        If $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][0] <> "" Then
            $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][1] = $aNumberCount[$i][1]
        EndIf
    Next
    GUIDelete($hGUI)

Return $aCheckedNameNumber
EndFunc

This is the text file I am reading. If you want to try this out put the NameNumber.txt file in your script directory. It's attached to the post.

* This is a dummy file with a Name and Number
* The only purpose of this file is to read the updated Number.
Name:Taggart
Number:916
Name:Mongo
Number:90
Name:Hedley Lamarr
Number:22
Name:Bart
Number:9999
Name:The Waco Kid
Number:2244

If I change the number, the original number is displayed at the end, not the updated/modified number. I need the modified number to be displayed.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Jibberish

NameNumber.txt

Edited by Jibberish
Updated Title

Jibberish

Wow! This must be tough! I usually get responses fairly quickly!

Jos

You mean like this? :

While 1
        $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
        Switch $nMsg
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                Exit

Case $idCloseGUI
                For $i = 0 To $iMMNewCount Step 1
                    Switch GUICtrlRead($aName[$i])
                        Case $GUI_CHECKED
                            $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][1] = GUICtrlRead($aNumberCount[$i][0])
                        Case $GUI_UNCHECKED
                    EndSwitch
                Next
                ExitLoop
        EndSwitch
    WEnd

Jos

• Like 1

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

JLogan3o13

@Jibberish in the future please follow forum etiquette and wait 24 hours before bumping your post. This may be the most important thing in the world to you right now, but you need to show a little patience and give people a chance to respond. We have volunteers from all over the globe; the person best suited to answer your question may not be online at the moment.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Pricehacker
      By Pricehacker
      Hello again!
      I have tried searching for quite some time now but couldn´t find a single working way to change the class of your GUI that doesn´t include changing it manually after its compilation.
      First or "AutoIt v3 GUI" is a pretty boring name tbh and i would like to spice it up a bit, also, and more importantly, I would like to identify my windows by something other than its title as it will change depending on some factors and im using two different programs independently as multi threading isn't supported.
      Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
    • xtcislove
      By xtcislove
      Hello, 
      i have a Problem with  _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes, everything is working as excepted if u are on Windows 7.

But if u are on Windows 10 the transparent background of a control is not clickable anymore. 

Could someone help?

Please see example below, put cmd.jpg into the same folder as Example.au3

Please see trigger.jpg to see which sections are not clickable in Windows 10 (the red dots, the green dots are clickable) on Windows 7 the red ones and green ones are clickable.

The same problem occurs if i use 

Example.au3

• WilliamasKumeliukas
      By WilliamasKumeliukas
      Hello everyones reading this post,
      I'm struggling at resizing properly my radio buttons to fit long text inside without affecting others radio buttons and also adjust position of them relative to the string.
      I tried with _StringSize UDF but I guess im too tired to figure out how to use it correctly..
      I also tried: _Control_SetWidth2Text I found on this forum, it work aslong im not maximizing GUI (radio text is gone when I maximize and maximize is a must)

here is the code example, I hope someone can figure out (sorry if guictrlsetpos is not included in the example, I know thats probably the way to go but I wanted to make sure there is nothing better before use it)
      Thank you

Br,
      ~WilliamasKumeliukas

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <StringConstants.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIListBox.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <ProgressConstants.au3> #include <ColorConstants.au3> #include <AutoitConstants.au3> #include <Misc.au3> #include <WinAPIReg.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #Region Opt's Opt("GUIResizeMode", 802) #EndRegion Opt's Global $q = "INTRO LINE" & @CRLF & @CRLF & "description of everything until user press start." Global $file = @TempDir & "\test.p" destroy() Global $msg, $score = 0, $rate, $com, $total = 0, $cfile, $cq, $i = 0, $time = 0, $min = 0, $sec = 0, $hour = 0, $qf, $ii = 0 Main() Func Main() Global $iGUIInitSize = 550 #Region GUI Opt("GUICloseOnEsc", 1) Global $gui = GUICreate("example", 1124, 550,-1 ,-1, BitOR($WS_MAXIMIZEBOX , $WS_MINIMIZEBOX)) Global $gui_size = WinGetClientSize($gui) Global $iFontSize = Int(2 * (.25 + (8 * $gui_size[0] / $iGUIInitSize))) / 2 Global $options = GUICtrlCreateMenu("&Options") Global $guide = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Guide", $options) Global $restart = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Restart", $options) Global $about = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("About", $options) Global $exit = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Exit", $options) Global $extra = GUICtrlCreateMenu("Extras") Global $creator = GUICtrlCreateMenu("CQB", $extra ) Global $new = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("custom QP", $creator) Global $load = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("CQ", $creator ) Global $timer = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 752, 472, 294, 30, $WS_BORDER) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, $iFontSize) GUICtrlSetState($timer, $GUI_HIDE) Global $info = GUICtrlCreateLabel( $q, 200, 20, 700, 200, $SS_CENTER ) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) $fi = GUICtrlSetFont($info, $iFontSize) Global $a = GUICtrlCreateRadio("A)", 100, 210, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) $fa = GUICtrlSetFont($a, 15) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) GUICtrlSetState($a, 16) Global $b = GUICtrlCreateRadio("B)", 100, 310 , $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) $fb = GUICtrlSetFont($b, 15) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) GUICtrlSetState($b, 16) Global $c = GUICtrlCreateRadio("C)", 750, 210 , $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) $fc = GUICtrlSetFont($c, 15) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) GUICtrlSetState($c, 16) Global $d = GUICtrlCreateRadio( "D) ", 750, 310, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) $fd = GUICtrlSetFont($d, 15) GUICtrlSetResizing (-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) GUICtrlSetState($d, 16) Global $sign = GUICtrlCreateLabel( $file, 420, 480, -1, -1, BitOR ( $SS_CENTER, $WS_BORDER ) ) GUICtrlSetResizing ( -1, BitOR ( $GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER ) ) GUICtrlSetFont($sign, 12) Global $yb = GUICtrlCreateRadio("True", 200, 420, 200, 50, $BS_PUSHLIKE) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER,$GUI_DOCKSIZE)) GUICtrlSetFont($yb, 15) GUICtrlSetState($yb, 32) Global $nb = GUICtrlCreateRadio("False", 700, 420, 200, 50, $BS_PUSHLIKE) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER, $GUI_DOCKSIZE)) GUICtrlSetFont($nb, 15) GUICtrlSetState($nb, 32) Global $start = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start", 20, 20, 100, 50, $SS_CENTER, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER)) GUICtrlSetFont($start, 12) Global $valid = GUICtrlCreateButton("Confirm", 20, 20, 100, 50, $SS_CENTER, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER)) GUICtrlSetFont($valid, 12) GUICtrlSetState($valid, 32) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion GUI While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Switch MsgBox(4096 + 4, "Warning", "Are you sure to exit?") Case 6 AdlibUnRegister("timer") If Not $qf = "" Then FileClose($file) EndIf Exit Case 7 ContinueLoop EndSwitch Case $start ;AdlibRegister("timer") ;Global $qf = StringSplit(StringStripWS(FileRead($file), 6), @CRLF, 0) ;qloop($file) GUICtrlSetData($a, "A) This long string is an example as string that I want to fit in 4 radio buttons because sometimes it can be that long.") GUICtrlSetData($b, "B) This long string is an example as string that I want to fit in 4 radio buttons because sometimes it can be that long.") GUICtrlSetData($c, "C) This long string is an example as string that I want to fit in 4 radio buttons because sometimes it can be that long.") GUICtrlSetData($d, "D) This long string is an example as string that I want to fit in 4 radio buttons because sometimes it can be that long.") Case $restart MsgBox(4096, "Warning", 'Normally, your suposed to start something before restarting it.') ContinueLoop Case $new ;GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $gui) ;_CustomNew() ContinueLoop Case $load ;_CustomLoad() Case $about ;_About() EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc ;Main() Func timer() If $time = 0 Then Global $time = TimerInit() Global $diff = TimerDiff($time) Global $sec = Int(Mod($diff / 1000, 60)) Global $min = Int(Mod($diff / 60000, 60)) Global $hour = Int($diff / 3600000) If $sec < 10 Then $sec = "0" & $sec If $min < 10 Then $min = "0" & $min If $hour < 10 Then $hour = "0" & $hour GUICtrlSetData($timer, "Temps: " & $hour & ":" & $min & ":" & $sec) EndFunc ;==>timer Func destroy() If FileExists($file) Then FileDelete($file) EndIf DirCreate(@TempDir & "\About") FileInstall("C:\test.txt", $file) EndFunc ;==>destroy  
    • Dzenan03
      By Dzenan03
      I want to make a while loop, that creates variables based on a array. For thist I created the array $iDsO with the number and the name of folders in an other folder. Every folder has a different name an I want to create variables(arrays) for each folder that show me all the files in that folder. For example: I have the Folder \Folder1. In it there are the Folders \1, \2, \3. In 1, 2 and 3 there are some files(.png). The array for Folder1 is $iDsO and now I want to crate the arrays $iDsO1, $iDsO2 and $iDsO3 with the files in them can I make something like this:
      While $iDs > 0 ;$iDs is the number of files in Folder1>> $iDsO[0] $iDs#here should come the Foldername for example '1'# = _FileListtoArray(@ProgramFilesDir&"\Folder1\"&$iDsO[$iDs]) $iDs = $iDs - 1 Wend So that in the End I have three variabels ($iDs1, $iDs2 and $iDs3)

Is this posible or if not what could I do instead ( I don´t know the number of folders in Folder1 in the begining).
    • xtcislove
      By xtcislove
      Hello,

im searching like 6 hours and i didnt found the right solution.

Im trying to build a treeview from a directory and its subfolders etc.

This function give me right treeview, but i cant color each item seperated.

#include <GuiTreeView.au3> $hGui = GUICreate("Demo1", 600, 400) $hTreeView = _GUICtrlTreeView_Create($hGui, 10, 10, 580, 380) GUISetState() _GUICtrlTreeView_BeginUpdate($hTreeView) ListFiles_ToTreeView(@ScriptDir, 0) _GUICtrlTreeView_EndUpdate($hTreeView) Do Until GUIGetMsg() = -3 Func ListFiles_ToTreeView($sSourceFolder, $hItem) Local $sFile ; Force a trailing \ If StringRight($sSourceFolder, 1) <> "\" Then $sSourceFolder &= "\" ; Start the search Local $hSearch = FileFindFirstFile($sSourceFolder & "*.*") ; If no files found then return If $hSearch = -1 Then Return ; This is where we break the recursive loop <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< ; Now run through the contents of the folder While 1 ; Get next match $sFile = FileFindNextFile($hSearch) ; If no more files then close search handle and return If @error Then ExitLoop ; This is where we break the recursive loop <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< ; Check if a folder If @extended Then ; If so then call the function recursively ListFiles_ToTreeView($sSourceFolder & $sFile, _GUICtrlTreeView_AddChild($hTreeView, $hItem, $sFile)) Else ; If a file than write path and name _GUICtrlTreeView_AddChild($hTreeView, $hItem, $sFile) EndIf WEnd ; Close search handle FileClose($hSearch) EndFunc ;==>ListFiles_ToTreeView
      So i am searching for the exact same function just with
      GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem
      instead of 
      _GUICtrlTreeView_AddChild

Ps: i have a folder structure where i like to color each item green if a file only exist once and red if it exist more than once.

Could someone help?

Solution: