Session 0 with no Controls

I need to open an application and send it keys in Session 0.  I have exe's working locally, I can see the application open in session 0 through interactive services, but my send commands do not go to the application.  The following article running-autoit-session-0, directs me to use ControlSend() however my application has no controls that can be identified by AutoIt v3 Window Info.  Get All Windows Controls also returned nothing for the application's handle.  

What are my options?  

Can this be done with AutoIt?

Is there a different "relatively simple" library/tool to use? (I am familiar with C# if there is a viable library there )

Capture.PNG

I know very little about session 0 except that it is where my automation tool(JAMS) starts this application since it needs interaction.  My understanding was Session 0 Isolation first showed up in Windows Vista / Server 2008 in order to mitigate a variety of security risks.  I am not aware of Microsoft banning session 0.  

I do however need to work within the confines of my organization and the existing workflows, so session 0, unless there is a reasonable workaround. 

Starting with Windows Vista in 2007 and continuing with every subsequent release, Microsoft has banned users from logging in to the first session created as Windows boots.

right off the first link you gave. did you read it?

so not only violating most basic security laws and if it crashes can bring down ring 0. brilliant.

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

I am not logging into session 0.  I am scheduling a program to run autonomously.  All other jobs are run as a background process, in this particular situation the UI could not be removed.  In order to automate this the UI is displayed using interactive services and session 0.  

Are there other options to run this cobol program and go through a progression of button presses? 

Edited by JaredStroeb

https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/FAQ#Why_doesn.27t_my_script_work_on_a_locked_workstation.3F

This also applies to 'Session 0'.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

I have read that FAQ unfortunately the solution is to use ControlSend().  That has proven not effective when there are no Controls present in the window. 

Is there a way to use ControlSend() without specifying a control to interact with?

Edited by JaredStroeb

Nope.

You can create a scheduled task that runs as a specific logged in user, to run interactively...login that user, remove all logout timers.  When you want to start it, remotely execute the scheduled task.

What kind of a window is it?

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

On 12/1/2017 at 0:52 PM, jdelaney said:

What kind of a window is it?

I don't quite understand what you are asking.  Here is my window information:

>>>> Window <<<<
Title:    LifePRO - LPTEST THIN for V16
Class:    HwndWrapper[lpdrvr.exe;;614f3eaa-fb0b-4c5a-aa24-9babb17b07b7]
Position:    43, 28
Size:    940, 700
Style:    0x16CF0000
ExStyle:    0x00040100
Handle:    0x00300ABE