Sign in to follow this  
RoundChecker

If script exists/already running

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to determine whether the script that is running, is already running, without using;

If WinExists

?

Or is there a way to use "If WinExists" to determine the script itself?

The reason I am asking this is because if I want someone to run the .Exe I have and they rename it to whatever they want, how could I then determine in the script to check if there's already an .Exe open, or the script itself is already open?

Should I use Class, or how do I achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Look up _Singelton in the help file.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Thanks for your answer.

If _Singleton("test", 1) = 0 Then
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Warning", "An occurrence of test is already running")
    Exit
EndIf
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "OK", "the first occurrence of test is running")
("test",

This is the identification of the title of the script, correct? - If the script name were changed, wouldn't it still be possible to run it twice after changing the name?

Or did I get it wrong? - Thanks in advance.

Should I maybe use

WinGetState

And refer to the Class:

AutoIt v3 GUI

instead?

Is there a way to refer to the script directly to get the script name, instead of typing in the name? like "@. .  "
Would this suffice?

If _Singleton(@ScriptName, 1) = 0 Then
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Warning", "An occurrence of test is already running")
    Exit
EndIf
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "OK", "the first occurrence of test is running")

@ScriptName <

Edited by RoundChecker
edit 1

9 minutes ago, RoundChecker said:

If the script name were changed, wouldn't it still be possible to run it twice after changing the name?

How about trying it, and DON'T use @scriptname as the parameter because then if someone does rename it and run it again with the new name, this check will fail.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

9 minutes ago, BrewManNH said:

How about trying it, and DON'T use @scriptname as the parameter because then if someone does rename it and run it again with the new name, this check will fail.

You're right, didn't think about this one :>

By the way, you put anything you want in the first parameter of _Singleton, any string will work in there. Just don't use anything tied to the name of the script that's interpreted at runtime such as any of the @Script* macros.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By learner123
      Hi All,

I am new to this AUTO IT and I have created a script that will open an app,enter pin and copy the code generated to clipboard. My java code call this autoIT script and use the copied generated code from clipboard.
      This works fine when server  window is on focus. My server is an windows server. 
      But when I minimize or disconnect the server, the script opens the app.exe but doesn't copy any value to clipboard.  
      Can anyone help me on this 😐

Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\RSA SecurID Software Token\SecurID.exe")
      Local $hWnd=WinWait("abc - RSA SecurID Token") ; waits until the window is the active window
      $hWin = WinGetHandle("abc - RSA SecurID Token");
      ControlSend($hWnd,"","","1111") ; simulates pressing the Home key
      ControlSend($hWnd,"","","{ENTER}");
      ControlSend($hWnd,"","","^c");
      Sleep(1000) ;
      ControlSend($hWnd,"","","^c");

• By learner123
      Hi All,
      So I have created a small autoIT script to enter pin into a RSA token(app which generate new code every 30 second), and copy the generated code.
      I have a java application which requires this code so every time my java-code requires this RSA code, it runs the autoIT script and the copied generated code is then used in my java application. 
      I have deployed this code on a windows server and it works fine when I am logged in and the window is on focus, But as soon as I schedule task and disconnect the server (not logged out only disconnect), or even minimize the server window, the autoIT scripts fails and its not able to copy the value.

Please find below the code for AUTOIT.

WinActivate("rsa - RSA SecurID Token") ; activates the window that has old in the tilte bar
      WinWaitActive("rsa - RSA SecurID Token") ; waits until the window is the active window
      Send("1111") ; simulates pressing the Home key, enters password to get the code
      Send("{ENTER}") ; simulates pressing the Enter key
      Sleep(1000) ;
      Send("^c") ; simulates pressing the CTRL+c keys (copy)

Also I saw some post regarding that WINACTIVE only works when window is active. But my below AUTO IT script to handle windows pop up  works perfectly fine when the server is disconnected. 

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 1)
      WinWait("https://url","","10")
      WinWaitActive("https://url","","10")
      Sleep(2000)
      Send("userid")
      Sleep(1000)
      Send("{TAB}")
      Sleep(1000)
      Send("passwrd")
      Send("{TAB}")
      Sleep(500)
      Send("{ENTER}")

• By JuanFelipe
      Hello gyus, I try to make a code to login in a web page in my job, buy i can’t understand why my form is blocked, this is my code: 
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <StringConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <IE.au3> #include <Excel.au3> #include <GuiEdit.au3> #include <GuiStatusBar.au3> #include <DateTimeConstants.au3> #include <Date.au3> #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=C:\noentry\koda_1.7.3.0\Forms\spoa.kxf $Form1 = GUICreate("Eva y Vehículos", 1200, 1000, 10, 10) $prueba = GUICtrlCreateButton("Prueba",10,990,50,20) ;VARIABLES ========================================================================================== $psi = "https://psi.policia.gov.co/PSI/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fPSI#no-back-button" $chequeVehiculos = "https://psi.policia.gov.co/PSI/frm_lista_chk.aspx" $evaluacionEva = "https://psi.policia.gov.co/PSI/eva_frmver.aspx" $oIE = ObjCreate("Shell.Explorer.2") $GUIActiveX = GUICtrlCreateObj ($oIE, 10, 10, 1180, 980) ;GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) $oIE.navigate($psi) ;_IELoadWait($oIE) _InicioSesion() #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $prueba _InicioSesion() EndSwitch WEnd Func _InicioSesion() Local $username = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "txtUsuario") Local $pass = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "txtClave") Local $logina = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "btnIngresar") $username.value="example" $pass.value="examplepass" _IEAction($logina, 'click') _IELoadWait($oIE) MsgBox(16,"","") EndFunc  
    • By shelly
      Here is the below code for handling pop-up when window is  inactive ..but I don't know how to change sleep and when i run this script it runs sometimes and sometimes it stops .
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{SPACE}")
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{DOWN}")
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{ENTER}")
      --- these 3 lines never worked while TAB lines works sometimes but not in accurate way
      I am new too AutoIt .. help me out why this script behaves in strange way
      ControlFocus("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1")
      Sleep(3000)
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog", "", "Internet Explorer_Server1","1")
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{TAB}")
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog", "", "Internet Explorer_Server1","the request is send")
      Sleep(3000)
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{TAB}")
      Sleep(3000)
      Sleep(3000)
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{SPACE}")
      Sleep(3000)
      Sleep(3000)
      Sleep(3000)
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{DOWN}")
      Sleep(3000)
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{ENTER}")