Detect if the focus item is a button or check box

Hello everyone.
My dears I have a problem
When I try to use
ControlGetFocus function
it  doesn't recognize the check  boxes.
The result is that the selector is a button
Although the specified is a check box
but I want a way to identify the check boxes.
Because I want to make a tool that helps screen readers users
I hope you have the solution.
Thank you in advance.

Zedna

button,checkbox,radiobutton,groupbox --> all these controls have the same ClassName "Button" and they differ only in STYLE.

So you have to check its STYLE by 

$Style = _WinAPI_GetWindowLong($hWnd, $GWL_STYLE)

and test if it contains desired style ($BS_CHECKBOX) ...

Edited by Zedna

nacerbaaziz

thank you verry much

can you give me a example if posible

Zedna

Something like this:

$focus_classnn = ControlGetFocus("...", "...")
$focus_hwnd = ControlGetHandle("...", "...", "[ClassNN:" & $focus_classnn & "]")

If IsCheckBox($focus_hwnd) Then ...

Func IsCheckBox($ctrl_hwnd)
    $Style = _WinAPI_GetWindowLong($ctrl_hwnd, $GWL_STYLE)
    Return BitAnd($Style, $BS_CHECKBOX) = $BS_CHECKBOX
EndFunc

• Like 1

nacerbaaziz

ok

thank you verry much

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello
      I have an inquiry please
      when i use the control get focus
      it don't detect the menu item
      there are any Method to do that?
      i'll use that to make a custom screen reader in my program
      please help me to do that
      I am waiting for your answers
      greetings to you
      Thank you in advance

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      can we  create a list box with  Columns?
      welcome everybody
      Dears I have a question if you let me
      can we  create a list box with  Columns?
      i know we can create a list view with Columns
      but my question is about the list box
      I'm waiting your responses
      Thank you in advance
    • GordonFreeman
      By GordonFreeman
      Hi, i searched some topics but cannot found a simple way to do that:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 615, 438, 192, 124) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; I tried this but user reported that it work in 2006, not seems work actually $filemenu = GUICtrlCreateMenu ("&File") $fileitem = GUICtrlCreateMenuitem ("Open",$filemenu) GuiCtrlSetImage($fileitem, "shell32.dll", 4) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd Also tried:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 615, 438, 192, 124) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) $filemenu = TrayCreateMenu("&File") $fileitem = TrayCreateItem("Open",$filemenu) ;GuiCtrlSetImage($fileitem, "shell32.dll", 4) ;GuiCtrlSetImage(TrayItemGetHandle($fileitem), "shell32.dll", 4) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd Well.. thanks in advance!

Ok. I found this working example from Yashied. If i cannot find a simple then i will go with it
      #Include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #Include <GUIMenu.au3> #Include <Constants.au3> #Include <WinAPI.au3> #Include <WindowsConstants.au3> Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1) Global $hMenu, $hForm, $hFile = 1000, $idNew, $idExit $hForm = GUICreate('Menu', 400, 300) $hFile = _GUICtrlMenu_CreateMenu() _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem ($hFile, 0, ' &Favorites', $idNew) _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem ($hFile, 1, '', 0) _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hFile, 2, ' E&xit', $idExit) $hMenu = _GUICtrlMenu_CreateMenu() _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hMenu, 0, '&File', 0, $hFile) _GUICtrlMenu_SetMenu($hForm, $hMenu) _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemBmp($hFile, 0, _CreateBitmapFromIcon(_WinAPI_GetSysColor($COLOR_MENU), @SystemDir & '\shell32.dll', 43, 16, 16)) _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemBmp($hFile, 2, _CreateBitmapFromIcon(_WinAPI_GetSysColor($COLOR_MENU), @SystemDir & '\shell32.dll', 27, 16, 16)) GUISetState() Do Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Func _CreateBitmapFromIcon($iBackground, $sIcon, $iIndex, $iWidth, $iHeight) Local $hDC, $hBackDC, $hBackSv, $hIcon, $hBitmap $hDC = _WinAPI_GetDC(0) $hBackDC = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC($hDC) $hBitmap = _WinAPI_CreateSolidBitmap(0, $iBackground, $iWidth, $iHeight) $hBackSv = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hBackDC, $hBitmap) $hIcon = _WinAPI_PrivateExtractIcon($sIcon, $iIndex, $iWidth, $iHeight) If Not @error Then _WinAPI_DrawIconEx($hBackDC, 0, 0, $hIcon, 0, 0, 0, 0, $DI_NORMAL) _WinAPI_DestroyIcon($hIcon) EndIf _WinAPI_SelectObject($hBackDC, $hBackSv) _WinAPI_ReleaseDC(0, $hDC) _WinAPI_DeleteDC($hBackDC) Return $hBitmap EndFunc ;==>_CreateBitmapFromIcon Func _WinAPI_PrivateExtractIcon($sIcon, $iIndex, $iWidth, $iHeight) Local $hIcon, $tIcon = DllStructCreate('hwnd'), $tID = DllStructCreate('hwnd') Local $Ret = DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'PrivateExtractIcons', 'str', $sIcon, 'int', $iIndex, 'int', $iWidth, 'int', $iHeight, 'ptr', DllStructGetPtr($tIcon), 'ptr', DllStructGetPtr($tID), 'int', 1, 'int', 0) If (@error) Or ($Ret[0] = 0) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) EndIf $hIcon = DllStructGetData($tIcon, 1) If ($hIcon = Ptr(0)) Or (Not IsPtr($hIcon)) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) EndIf Return $hIcon EndFunc ;==>_WinAPI_PrivateExtractIcon Ok, i noticed that is a pain create submenu with _GUICtrlMenu_CreatePopup to do like in Tray, and Tray better located, then i need images/icon with Tray functions, some workaround?? 
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      hello guys
      how are you؟
      I hope to be fine.
      I have a question  please
      how do I get the menu item that was pressed without that contains a variable؟
      For example I have a menu  of Favorites and I want the script recognizes the existing path in the pressed item
      i'll repeat to tell the item does not contain a variable
      Is there any solution
      if you want to explain more I could write an example of what I want.
      Greetings to all,
      thanks in advance
    • Jdr
      By Jdr
      I'm trying to check for the existance of a file, on logon the file is there, then gets deleted and after a while recreated. I'm using this code:
      Sleep(100) If not FileExists($sFile) Then Sleep(150) If FileExists($sFile) Then GUICtrlSendToDummy($iDummy) What happens is this: 
      User logs on, the file is present, or at least it usually is After about 10 seconds the file gets deleted Then after about 50 seconds the file gets created again, this is when I need the check, because now the process is finished. The above code is part of a pretty long do....until false loop running an animation.
      The problem is that sometimes this code fails. Without the sleep statements it didn't work at all so I think this is a timing issue. Pretty primitive code I admit, there must be a better way...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.