Sign in to follow this  

Batch Create & Run

Just a little program I whipped up a couple of days ago, to fill a need. It has a few nice features.

Basically it gives batch list ability, to any program that supports an input path on the command-line (%1 etc).

It only supports drag & drop, and uses RunWait .... but feel free to adapt to your needs. :D

Batch Create & Run v1.0.zip  (source included)

NOTE - My usage was with a BAT file, so even though I coded for EXE files as well, that element remains untested, but should work. ;)

EDIT - Of course, if you use a DOS (console) EXE, you might want to add a checkbox to specify that the @Comspec method should be used. Perhaps I will add that ... one day.

Edited by TheSaint
  • Thanks 1

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• NiceBoy1234
      By NiceBoy1234
      How do I check if there is no process left in my commando line when I use aerender.
      Basic code looks like this:
      aerender -project c:\projects\project_1.aep -comp "Composition_1" -output c :\output\project_1\project_1.avi   After this code is written aerender goes through every image to create the avi, depending to the amount of images this takes quiet a while.

Is it possible to check in Autoit if there are no running processes left in the command line or if aerender fully finished?
    • mdwerne
      By mdwerne
      I'm attempting to created a windows task using SCHTASKS, but seem to have my formatting incorrect as a double quote is getting stripped out. How might I correct my code to resolve this dilemma?
      #RequireAdmin #include <AutoItConstants.au3> Global $TaskName, $sStartTime, $Program, $ProgramName, $Argument $TaskName = "MyTask" $sStartTime = "15:00" $ProgramName = "\\Server\share\myapp.exe" $Argument = " /verbose" $Program = '"' & $ProgramName & '"' & $Argument & '"' MsgBox(0, "Program with Argument", $Program) Scheduler() Func Scheduler() Local $sCmd, $sStartDate, $sDateTime, $sXtra_Parms, $Result Local $QueryTask = Run("SCHTASKS /QUERY /TN " & $TaskName, "", @SW_HIDE, $STDOUT_CHILD) Local $line = "" If @OSVersion = "WIN_VISTA" Or @OSVersion = "WIN_7" Or @OSVersion = "WIN_8" Or @OSVersion = "WIN_81" Then $sXtra_Parms = " /Z /V1" While 1 $line &= StdoutRead($QueryTask) If @error Then ExitLoop WEnd If $line = "" Then MsgBox(1, "Task Command", 'SCHTASKS /CREATE /TN ' & $TaskName & ' /TR ' & '"' & $Program & '"' & ' /ST ' & $sStartTime & ' /SC ONCE /RU SYSTEM' & $sXtra_Parms) $sCmd = 'SCHTASKS /CREATE /TN ' & $TaskName & ' /TR ' & '"' & $Program & '"' & ' /ST ' & $sStartTime & ' /SC ONCE /RU SYSTEM' & $sXtra_Parms ;$sCmd = 'SCHTASKS /CREATE /TN ' & $TaskName & ' /TR ' & $Program & ' /ST ' & $sStartTime & ' /SC ONCE /RU SYSTEM' & $sXtra_Parms Else $sCmd = 'SCHTASKS /CHANGE /TN ' & $TaskName & ' /ST ' & $sStartTime EndIf $Result = Run($sCmd, "", @SW_HIDE) If $Result > 0 Then MsgBox(64, "Success!!", "The task was successfully created.") Else MsgBox(48, "Sorry...", "There was a problem scheduling this installation, please contact the HelpDesk for assistance.") EndIf EndFunc ;==>Scheduler The task is created with the above code, except the formatting is wrong so I getting an invalid directory error upon run time.
      The above creates this command (Serversharemyapp.exe" /verbose) in the task scheduler.
      What I'm actually trying to get is ("Serversharemyapp.exe" /verbose)
      The first double quote is being stripped out using my faulty code.
      Any suggestions?
      Thanks for your time,

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.