1. Earthshine

Earthshine

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Doniel
      Hi there! ūüėÉ
      I've 2 simple scripts:
      Script 1 starts script 2 Script 1 gets executed with normal user rights (un-elevated) Script 2 contains an #RequireAdmin and therefor can only start elevated I want to read the output of script 2 with script 1 AND have the UAC of script 2 being activated as fullscreen Script 1 (Scripts location is the same as script 2 that I'm running with Run()
      Local $iPID, $sOutput $iPID = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & "C:\Entwicklung\Autoit\Test\Temp.exe", @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE, 0x2) ProcessWaitClose($iPID) $sOutput = StdoutRead($iPID) StdioClose($iPID) ConsoleWrite($sOutput) MsgBox(1, 1, 1) Script 2 (compiled as Temp.exe)
      #RequireAdmin ConsoleWrite("Return") MsgBox(1,1,"ADMIN") Now my problems are the following:
      Without the #RequireAdmin I can read the output with no problem, but not with the #RequireAdmin ($sOutput is empty) Using @SW_HIDE in the Run() command makes the UAC always start minimized (see attached picture) and the admin has to always manually click on the icon to enter his credentials since the UAC doesn't start in fullscreen. Here and on a few other sites they explain that the program launching the elevated program NEEDS to be activated in order to directly show the UAC fullscreen and not minimized. Using @SW_SHOW would get rid of the problem, BUT that leaves me with an ugly cmd.exe floating the whole time while the elevated script ist running. And my questions to that I'm seeking an answer for are:
      Problem 1: Is it just not possible to read from an elevated program with an un-elevated user/script? I also get the Access Denied if I press No on the UAC as an Output in $sOutput (Guess since its's still un-elevated) Problem 2: Is there a way to either make the floating black and blank cmd.exe being moved to the background and be non visible to the user OR to somehow bring the minimized UAC to the foreground/fullscreen? What I already tried and what didn't help me:
      $iPID = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & "C:\Entwicklung\Autoit\Test\Temp.exe", @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE, 0x2) While Not WinExists("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung") ConsoleWrite(1) WEnd WinActivate("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung") WinSetState("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung", WinGetText("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung"), @SW_SHOW) WinSetState("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung", WinGetText("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung"), @SW_MAXIMIZE) WinSetState("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung", WinGetText("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung"), @SW_ENABLE) The While-Loops helps a lot and also stops after a second or so (‚Ėļ Stops to write ones (1)). That means that the actual "window" of the UAC is found, but all the WinXXX functions don't do anything and the UAC stays minimized. I also tried to minimized/move the cmd.exe to the background with WinActivate() and WinSetState() with no success.
      $iPID = ShellExecute("C:\Entwicklung\Autoit\Test\Temp.exe", "", @ScriptDir, "open", @SW_HIDE) Using ShellExecute() instead of Run() completely solves the UAC to fullscreen problem BUT I haven't found a consistent way to read the output of ShellExecute(). Neither here on the forum nor somewhere else. If I'd be possible to read the output from ShellExecute() then all my problems would be solved at once!
      Also tried a few more things and playing with some parameters but everything with no success.
      I'd really love some help and support here from you.
      Thanks in advance!

• By ThePappas
      I am feeling really stupid. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.
      I followed the "Winzip" example, and I cannot get autoit to simply send an enter when the first window appears.  There are 2 windows like that, and neither one gets the enter.
      ShellExecute("VMware-EnhancedAuthenticationPlugin-6.7.0.exe") WinWaitActive("VMware Plug-in Service Installer.","instances will be closed") Send("{ENTER}") WinWaitActive("VMware Plug-in Service Installer.","run in succession") Send("{ENTER}") WinWaitActive("VMware Enhanced Authentication Plug-in 6.7.0","Welcome to the installation wizard") Send("!n") WinWaitActive("VMware Enhanced Authentication Plug-in 6.7.0","End-User License Agreement") Send("!a!n!n!i") WinWaitActive("VMware Enhanced Authentication Plug-in 6.7.0","Change") Send("!n") WinWaitActive("VMware Enhanced Authentication Plug-in 6.7.0","Install") Send("!i") WinWaitActive("VMware Enhanced Authentication Plug-in 6.7.0","Finish") Send("!f") WinWaitActive("VMware Plug-in Service","Welcome to the installation wizard") Send("!n") WinWaitActive("VMware Plug-in Service", "End-User License Agreement") Send("!a!n") WinWaitActive("VMware Plug-in Service", "Install the VMware Plug-in Service in") Send("!n") WinWaitActive("VMware Plug-in Service", "Install") Send("!i") WinWaitActive("VMware Plug-in Service","Finish") Send("f") I used the Window ID tool to verify that I am using the correct title, and those substrings appear in the dialog.
      I really did not want to have to post here, as this seems like a trivial effort.  But I am stuck.  I hate stuck.
      Thanks!
    • By Jemboy
      I use Vmware Workstation to run servers, client and other devices. The reason I use Workstation instead of Esxi is because I find it easier to copy the VM files when the host machine crashes (just unplug *raid 1* disk and add it to the new host). 
      Because I do not want to reinstall everytime, I often copy an existing VM to test something  or just use the copy a base to install other apps.

In the past I used to use VmConverter, but the latest version won't copy/rename my latest VMs anymore and the older VmConverters do not support the last VM-format.
      So  I decided to make my own "VmConverter" and called it "VMRenamer".
      I post this as is (it's working for me) and I encourage others to enhance the program as needed.
      Pre-requisites:
      You have to have VMWorkstation installed (I asume on a X64 Windows) You may NOT have snapshotted the VMware in ANY way, even after deleting the snapshot the VM is changed to much for my program to reliabily rename/change the VM files. I have used some snippets from other in my source and I wish to thank them for posting those on the forum/internet.
      Some remarks or obsolute functions have not been removed, because I wanted to post this for you out there instead of delaying the post longer.
      Enjoy!

VmRenamer_1Q_2.zip
    • By rudi
      Hi,
      When a non compiled AU3 script is run with #RequireAdmin, then if the UAC prompt can be authorized due to the fact, that the currently loggedon user has local admin rights, then the macro @UserProfileDir correctly reflects the profile dir of the user of the windows logon session.

When the script with #RequireAdmin is started by a "normal user" without local admin rights, and I use a domain admin account to authorize the UAC prompt, then @UserProfileDir reflects the profile dir belonging to the AD-Admin account.
      As the script originally was started using the "regular user" I'm wondering, if there is a chance to "pass" the original user's @UserProfileDir to the UAC elevated script?

As playing around with this feature I realize, that I basically don't know the exact mechanism of the UAC elevation authorization process:
      The script is started by right mouse click, execute script This is invoking e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Users\Rudi\Desktop\test.au3" as by this registy value: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AutoIt3Script\Shell\Run\Command] @="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\AutoIt3\\AutoIt3.exe\" \"%1\" %*" But what I honestly don't know is, how does the UAC propt interact in the program startup? I guess, that Autoit3.exe is parsing the AU3 source, is seeing the #RequireAdmin and then "relaunches itself with the AU3 as %1" requesting UAC elevated rights "from windows"??? With Process Explorer I can see, that The commandline then is this one with a "!" before "%1"
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe" !"C:\Users\Rudi\Desktop\test.au3"  It it should be something like this, then it might be possible to pass the original @UserProfileDir to the second, UAC elevated "Startup"??? <edit>
      I just noticed:
      When I use "WIN+R" and then directly use the command line, I see in Process Explorer, ...
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe" !"C:\Users\Rudi\Desktop\test.au3"
      ... then this script with #RequireAdmin is started *WITHOUT* UAC elevation.
      Guessing, that this ! is just reverting #RequireAdmin I tried the "opposite" one as well:
      AU3 script without #RequireAdmin Starting with "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe" !"C:\Users\Rudi\Desktop\test.au3" does not invoke UAC elevation prompt. So to me it looks like, this ! is a "status flag from Autoit3.exe to Autoit3.exe", that the elevation process was done already? amazing...
      the topic Autoit on Windows Vista is telling no details of  this UAC process...
      </edit>

Regards, Rudi.
    • By JohnWIlling
      We are running on a VIrtual Machine via Remote Desktop.  We are having a situation where the loading of the chromedriver.exe is taking longer on the VM than on a physical machine.  It is causing the first call to  WD_Post in _WD_CreateSession to fail.
      To workaround the Issue, I used a simplified version of (_WinAPI_GetTcpTable) UDF to Loop waiting for the driver port to be in the listening state.  At that point, I know that the Post will work:
      Func _WaitForPort($ListenPort) Do Local $tMIB_TCPTABLE = DllStructCreate("dword[6]") Local $aRet = DllCall("Iphlpapi.dll", "DWORD", "GetTcpTable", "struct*", $tMIB_TCPTABLE, "DWORD*", 0, "BOOL", True) Local $dwSize = $aRet[2] $tMIB_TCPTABLE = DllStructCreate("DWORD[" & $dwSize / 4 & "]") $aRet = DllCall("Iphlpapi.dll", "DWORD", "GetTcpTable", "struct*", $tMIB_TCPTABLE, "DWORD*", $dwSize, "BOOL", True) If $aRet[0] <> 0 Then Return SetError(1) Local $iNumEntries = DllStructGetData($tMIB_TCPTABLE, 1, 1) Local $aRes[$iNumEntries][6] For $i = 0 To $iNumEntries - 1 Local $Type = DllStructGetData($tMIB_TCPTABLE, 1, 2 + $i * 5 + 0) $aRet = DllCall("ws2_32.dll", "ushort", "ntohs", "uint", DllStructGetData($tMIB_TCPTABLE, 1, 2 + $i * 5 + 2)) ; local port Local $Port = $aRet[0] ConsoleWrite("Checking Row:" & $i & " State:<" & $Type & "> Port:<" & $Port & ">" & @CRLF) ; Type 2 is LISTENING If $Type = 2 And $Port = $ListenPort Then Return 1; EndIF Next Sleep(500); Until 0; Return 0; EndFunc ;==>_WaitForPort