This script used to work on an older version of AutoIT. Currently I am running AutoIT v18.104.22.168 and it's failing.
Func PublicIP() ;Post public facing IP address Local $url = 'https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=what+is+my+ip&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8' Local $getIPaddress = BinaryToString(InetRead($url)) Local $sStart = 'clamp:2">' Local $sEnd = '</div>' Local $ipaddress = _StringBetween($getIPaddress, $sStart, $sEnd For $i In $ipaddress MsgBox(0, 'External IP', "Your public IP address is " & $i) Next EndFunc ;==>PublicIP The console output shows:
"C:\Users\user\Documents\AutoIT\Scripts\WSI Tools.au3" (197) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".: For $i In $ipaddress For $i In $ipaddress^ ERROR ->14:12:16 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:1 +>14:12:16 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished. >Exit code: 1 Time: 9.811
hi dears, i have an question please if you can help me.
i maked an program to do some functions
and this program works with the global hot keys
i added an option to the users to change the hot keys
when i searched about how to do that i found this UDF
but the problem here that this UDF cant be detect the win key.
can you help me to add it, or if there are any others UDFSS wich do that work please give me some.
i hope that my question is clear for you.
thanks in advance
Is this better to check a variable before you assign it to a value that could be the same?
local $EmptyLog = false func WriteLog($text) _guictrledit_appendtext($log, ($EmptyLog ? @CRLF : $empty) & $text) If $EmptyLog Then $EmptyLog = False endfunc or does AutoIt behind the scenes already check this?
i guess overwriting memory with the same value over and over again is not good if you can prevent this with a check?
I see $hWnd used as a local variable in a lot of script examples. I know the 'h' is used for handles, but what is the 'Wnd' short for?
i have seen many pointing out issues related to this, i tried reading through them - still unable to solve mine.. i have a script which reads certain lines based on a search item, this is an iterative process - the ldflst_file gets updated for each iteration and the script finds the line number which has the search item. this works perfectly for few iterations, but stops in some cases abruptly with the error =
Subscript used on non-accessible variable $aRead^ ERROR I have verified that the search item is present in the file. what could be the reason for this code to stop in certain cases. thanks for help
my code below (partial).. full code is in attachment
global $ldflst_var1=" JOINT LOAD FORCE(X) FORCE(Y) FORCE(Z) MOMENT(X) MOMENT(Y) MOMENT(Z)"
for $i= 0 to $ldflst_totlines ; ldflst_totlines is total number of lines in the file 'ldflst_file'
if $aRead[$i]=$ldflst_var1 Then