Hey there!

Is there a way to detect movement only for 1 specific window?

HWnd is not really working, it still detects movement in all the windows within the region

This is my script:

;Checksum actual
HotKeySet("{f2}", 'exit_')
MsgBox(0, '', '0')
Beep(500, 2000)
$Hwnd = WinActive('')
while 1
    $Checksum = PixelChecksum(211, 650, 1094, 914, 1, $Hwnd)
    If PixelChecksum(211, 650, 1094, 914, 1, $Hwnd) <> $Checksum Then
        For $i = 1 To 100
        Beep(1000, 50)
        Next
        MsgBox(0, '', 'New message!', 1)
    EndIf
WEnd

Func exit_()
    Beep(500, 1000)
    Exit 0
EndFunc

I just want to check whenever a message comes because the app i use doesn't give notifications properly.

Any help is really appreciated!

$hWnd isn't being updated, so the only time it gets a handle is when it's first run. That means you have to make sure that the correct window is the active window before you try to get its handle. Not easy to do in this script.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

What kind of message?  a popup or an in browser message or some third thing?  more info please, and give us the spy tool output.

If in browser loop until you see the dom object, if a popup, you can use _winapi_getwindow with option 5

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

2 hours ago, BrewManNH said:

$hWnd isn't being updated, so the only time it gets a handle is when it's first run. That means you have to make sure that the correct window is the active window before you try to get its handle. Not easy to do in this script.

Did, but it just detects movement in all windows, not just in 1 in specific

24 minutes ago, jdelaney said:

What kind of message?  a popup or an in browser message or some third thing?  more info please, and give us the spy tool output.

If in browser loop until you see the dom object, if a popup, you can use _winapi_getwindow with option 5

Discord message