nacerbaaziz

Detect multiple files or folders selected on file explorer

nacerbaaziz

Hello
I have a query please
It is about windows file explorer
If i design a tool in autoit language to delete files for example
and i  added it in the context menu in File Explorer
If i right-click on any file And you choose the tool, it will be get the path of the selected file or folder
The problem here is
If i select a set of files or folders
it only detect the first one
The code that i  used is

if $CMDLine[0] = 0 then
msgBox(16, "error", "you don't selecte any files")
exit
else
for $i = 1 to $CMDLine[0]
msgBox(0, "files", $CMDLine[$i]
next
endIf
exit

TheXman

@nacerbaaziz

When posting code, use the code tag (<>) in the format bar.  It makes it much easier to read and provides links to the help file for recognized commands.

if $CMDLine[0] = 0 then
    msgBox(16, "error", "you don't selecte any files")
    exit
else
    for $i = 1 to $CMDLine[0]
        msgBox(0, "files", $CMDLine[$i]
    next
endIf
exit

• Like 1

Whoever said that there's no such thing as a dumb question, probably asked a lot of DUMB questions.  Dumb questions are ones that you can easily find the answer to on your own.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• TheSaint
      By TheSaint
      Files Checklist
      Just a simple little (complex enough) program I whipped up, for a purpose ... but only too happy to share.
      It can of course be modified to do more, but at the moment just compares file names with or without path ... Location versus Checklist.
      There are of course other compare programs out there, most doing a lot more than mine (i.e. WinMerge or FileComparer). But I wanted something quick and simple with drag & drop, that uses up a smallish amount of screen real estate.
      NOTE - The SAVE button is also a LOAD one, and displays 'Load' when the list is empty. So you can save and load specific lists. While in SAVE mode, the button can also be used with CTRL held down, to ADD another list to existing (displayed one) ... combining as they say ... though not saved until you SAVE. CLEAR button removes a selected entry, or if used with CTRL held down, queries about removing all listed entries.

Files Checklist v1.2.zip
      Files Checklist v1.3.zip
      Files Checklist v1.4.zip  (Includes a BUGFIX.)
        (source included)
      WARNING - While this program does not act on files or folders ADDED or CHECKED, you might act on the results, so I advise caution, and I also recommend using the new 'Relative' option in v1.3 or newer ... but you still need to understand what you are doing and what the results actually mean. Some basic examples in the next post.
      Enjoy!
      RELATED
      Users might also be interested in another somewhat related program of mine.
      DeleteIf Same
      Cheers!
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello all
      I have a question please
      I've searched a lot on how to make a GUI for programs designed by Autoit to accepts dragging files from Windows File Explorer
      Unfortunately, however, it failed
      Is there any way to do this?
      Where I am making a audio player and I want to activate the feature of dragging files from Windows Explorer to a program window to play them
      I hope to find a simple solution here in this wonderful forum
      Thank you very much in advance
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      hello dears
      First I would like to apologize to you for my many questions.
      I have a new question if you allow
      I am programming an audio player for blinds
      I had a problem
      I put an option in the folders context menu to Opens the audio files that in the selected folder
      I did not know how to make the Autoit Search the subfolders
      Please provide an example of how to search for  files in the subfolders
      Let's say, for example, MP3 files
      Just give me a simple example and I will try to modify it as appropriate for the program I designing it
      Please help me to find the solution
      Thanks in advance
    • Miliardsto
      By Miliardsto
      Im creating a tab
      Global $Tab1 = GUICtrlCreateTab(30, 30, 600, 420, $TCS_BUTTONS, -1) And what we see in the function reference:
      https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/GUICtrlCreateTab.htm
      GUICtrlCreateTab ( left, top [, width [, height [, style = -1 [, exStyle = -1]]]] ) ok in 5 arg I got $TCS_BUTTONS
      But How can I use multiple args like this below
      Global $Tab1 = GUICtrlCreateTab(30, 30, 600, 420, [$TCS_BUTTONS, $TCS_MULTILINE], -1)  
    • XinYoung
      By XinYoung
      Hello all,
      I've been working on 4 standalone scripts. They each have their own GUI and are now independent .exe's. But instead of having 4 separate icons on my computer, is it possible to put them all together into one .exe?
      What I want is one interface with tabs. Each script's GUI would be on their own respective tab. Is this possible?
      The different scripts don't need to communicate with one another. I just want them all in one .exe.
      I can't find this anywhere... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!