232showtime

Filemove(Solved)

232showtime
Posted (edited)

hi im stuck with this I want to transfer the correct file in the existing folder

#include <File.au3>
#include <AutoItConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
$Read = "C:\New folder (3)"

$FLFiles1 = _FileListToArrayRec($Read, "*.xlsx", $FLTAR_FILES, $FLTAR_NORECUR, $FLTAR_SORT, $FLTAR_NOPATH)
_ArrayDisplay($FLFiles1)
For $i = 0 To UBound($FLFiles1) - 1
    $STR = StringTrimRight($FLFiles1[$i], 5)
    ConsoleWrite($STR & @CRLF)
    $dirS = DirGetSize($Read & "\" & $STR)
    If $dirS = -1 Then
        MsgBox(16, $STR, $dirS)
    Else
        FileMove($Read, $Read & "\" & $STR & "\" & $STR & ".xlsx")
    EndIf
next

I have 3 folders under "C:\New folder (3)" and I have 5 excel files:

folders:

C:\New folder (3)\1

C:\New folder (3)\3

C:\New folder (3)\5

excel files:

1.xlsx (value of column A are all 1)

2.xlsx (value of column A are all 2)

3.xlsx (value of column A are all 3)

4.xlsx (value of column A are all 4)

5.xlsx (value of column A are all 5)

I run the above script and those excel file 1, 3, 5 was transfered in the 1, 3, and 5 folders but the value of transfered file in Column A are  different and file no. 4 and 5 still remains in the folder "C:\New folder (3)".... ???

whats wrong with the script???

Edited by 232showtime

ill get to that... i still need to learn and understand a lot of codes graduated.gif

Correct answer, learn to walk before you take on that marathon.

Subz

You would have to create the folder for 4 and 5 so you would need to change the last parameter of FileMove to 

8 - Create Folder
Or
9 - Create Folder and/or OverWrite

232showtime
Posted (edited)

hi Subz,

I dont want to create the folder for 4 and 5, all i want is to transfer the excel file with existing folder.

I want to filemove these excel file:

1.xlsx (with value a of 1 in column A) filemove to folder 1

3.xlsx (with value a of 3 in column A) filemove to folder 3

5.xlsx (with value a of 5 in column A) filemove to folder 5

if i ran the script file 1, 3, and 5 are trasferred but if you open the transferred excel file the value of column A is different which means the file that was transfered was different and was renamed.

Im really stuck with this I dont know whats wrong with the script.

:sweating::sweating::sweating:

Edited by 232showtime

ill get to that... i still need to learn and understand a lot of codes graduated.gif

Subz

Yeah that confused me 1.xlsx (with value a of 1 in column A) , do you mean within the .xlsx file Column A1 = 1, which Column are you referring too, I didn't think it was the .xlsx file since you never open the file, can you explain further?

232showtime
Posted (edited)

I attached the example. in my side path is under "C:\New folder (3)"

sample.zip

use the above script and change the path you want. :sweating:

open the file after transferred.

Edited by 232showtime

Subz

I'm still not sure what you want to happen to 2.xlsx and 4.xlsx but here is the script updated:

#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <WinAPIShPath.au3>

Local $sFileName, $iDirSize, $sFilePath= "C:\New folder (3)"
Local $aFileList = _FileListToArrayRec($sFilePath, "*.xlsx", $FLTAR_FILES, $FLTAR_NORECUR, $FLTAR_SORT, $FLTAR_NOPATH)
_ArrayDisplay($aFileList)
For $i = 1 To $aFileList[0]
    $sFileName = _WinAPI_PathRemoveExtension($aFileList[$i])
    If FileExists($sFilePath & "\" & $sFileName) = 0 Then
        MsgBox(4096, "Error", $sFilePath & "\" & $sFileName & " folder does not exist.", 5)
        ContinueLoop
    EndIf
    $iDirSize = DirGetSize($sFilePath& "\" & $sFileName)
    If $iDirSize = -1 Then
        MsgBox(16,$sFileName, $sFilePath & "\" & $sFileName & " is empty.", 5)
    Else
        FileMove($sFilePath & "\" & $aFileList[$i], $sFilePath & "\" & $sFileName & "\" & $aFileList[$i])
    EndIf
next

• Thanks 1

232showtime
Posted (edited)

my goal is to transfer the excel file on the existing folder using the script on my first post..

file 1 which contains a text "file 1" should be transferred to folder no 1

file 3 which contains a text "file 3" should be transferred to folder no 3

file 5 which contains a text "file 5" should be transferred to folder no 5

file 2 which contains a text "file 2" should remain on the same folder C:\New folder (3)

file 4 which contains a text "file 5" should remain on the same folder C:\New folder (3)

I dont want to create folder for file 2 and 4 so they should remain on the same folder C:\New folder (3)

see attached pictures pictures:

1st step.jpg

2nd step.jpg

Edited by 232showtime
i got thousands of file that has an existing folder and i have thousands of files that doesnt have a folder. and i dont want to create folder for the other files because i want to check which one has a folder and which one doesnt have....

Subz

Which is what my script above does.

232showtime
Posted (edited)

your script is working perfectly, but please can you tell me whats the problem with the script on my first post???

by the way nice line here

$sFileName = _WinAPI_PathRemoveExtension($aFileList[$i])

new to me :sweating:

thanks @Subz

Edited by 232showtime

Subz
  1. Line 8: The array should be starting at 1 not 0
  2. Line 11: You have a condition that says that if the folder size equals -1, why?  Why not just use FileExists function
  3. Line 17: Moving the folder "C:\New folder (3)" to "C:\New Folder (3)\x\x.xlsx (where x equals $sFolderName), so basically it was just moving the first file it found into that particular folder, you never specified the filename.

You can see the results of your script here: (I've changed the variables so that they're readable, but the code is the same, although of just used ConsoleWrite to show your syntax.

#include <File.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
$sSourceFolder = "C:\New folder (3)"

$aFileList = _FileListToArrayRec($sSourceFolder, "*.xlsx", $FLTAR_FILES, $FLTAR_NORECUR, $FLTAR_SORT, $FLTAR_NOPATH)
_ArrayDisplay($aFileList)
For $i = 0 To UBound($aFileList) - 1
    ConsoleWrite("Passthrough# := " & $i & @CRLF)
    $sFolderName = StringTrimRight($aFileList[$i], 5)
    ConsoleWrite("$sFolderName := " & $sFolderName & @CRLF)
    $iDirSize = DirGetSize($sSourceFolder & "\" & $sFolderName)
    ConsoleWrite($sFolderName & " - DirSize :=" & $iDirSize & @CRLF)
    If $iDirSize = -1 Then
        ConsoleWrite($sFolderName & " - DirSize :=" & $iDirSize & @CRLF)
    Else
        ConsoleWrite('FileMove("' & $sSourceFolder & ", " & $sSourceFolder & "\" & $sFolderName & "\" & $sFolderName & ".xlsx" & '")' & @CRLF)
    EndIf
next

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• MFrancisca
      By MFrancisca
      Hello everyone,
      I'm trying to make a script that renames a file. I'm using FileMove but I'm really confused.
      The name change is on the EXTENSION, not on the file name itself. I need to change it from ".exe_" to "exe".
      FileMove is returning a 0 value and the file is clearly not renamed. Here is the relevant code.
      For $index = 1 to (UBound($file_array) - 1) $new_file_name = StringTrimRight($file_array[$index], 1) FileMove($dir & "\" & $file_array[$index], $dir & "\" & $new_file_name) Next  some context notes: 
      $file_array is the output of _FileListtoArray, and it has the correct values.  $dir is known, and the script is detecting it without problem I've checked that the script is finding the correct files, and that TrimRight is working. All variables have the correct values. I've checked the file attributes, the are set to "A". Are those the correct attributes? I've tried setting the flag of FileMove to 1, 8 and 9 with the same results This was working fine 2 weeks ago when I did the last run,  and I've made no changes.  (I don't know why the syntax highlighting is messed, quotes are paired correctly) 

I know that the help file says that FileMove will not succeed if the destination already exist... my question is, does FileMove count extensions? 
      Thank you!  
    • copyleft
      By copyleft
      I am trying to create a script to clean up users' desktops by moving all desktop folders and files (except the two hidden "desktop.ini" files and a MyDesktop.lnk shortcut) to a different folder. The script below will move files but not folders. The other issue with the script is that it doesn't seem to execute from a location other than the user's desktop. I would appreciate any suggestions.
      #include <File.au3> MsgBox(64, "Desktop", "Cleaning up Desktop. This box will close in 4 seconds.", 4) $Files = _FileListToArray(@DesktopDir,"*",1) For $Index = 1 To $Files[0] If StringRight($Files[$Index],4) <> ".ini, MyDesktop.lnk" Then FileMove($Files[$Index],'F:\HOME\Desktop') EndIf Next  
    • XinYoung
      By XinYoung
      Hello again,
      I'm trying to use the FileMove function to rename a bunch of text files.
      Some of the files have "_1" at the end of their name, for example, "File123_1.txt". I want to remove the "_1" so it would become "File123.txt".
      What I currently have...
              FileMove($sSource & "\*_1.txt", $sDestination & "\*.txt")
      But since I'm using a wildcard, it doesn't appear to be working. I think it's just replacing .txt with .txt. Am I going about this the wrong way? How can I use wildcards and still accomplish this?
      Any help is greatly appreciated ^__^
    • climmax
      By climmax
      Hi all,
      As a newby i need some help.
      I am trying to add time stamps to file names.
      But it has to do it only once. So i made a check on lenght of filename.
      If filename extention and Lenght  is correct it renames the file with a time stamp.
      I use a ini file for settings. and extentions what needs to be renamed.
      The script works but only once.
      it renames all the  files that are in the ini . like test.txt to text050102.txt
      But when there is 2 files. Like test.txt and  text050102.txt
      It does not rename the test.txt file
      where am i doing this wrong?

#include <Array.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> $path = IniRead("RenameFiles.ini","General","InputFolder","Error") $TimeOption = IniRead("RenameFiles.ini","General","TimeOption","Error") Local $aArray = iniReadSection("RenameFiles.ini","EXT") For $i = 1 To $aArray[0][0] $search01 = FileFindFirstFile($path&"*"&$aArray[$i][0]) If $aArray="" Then MsgBox(0,"Error","Check RenameFiles.ini","","") Exit EndIf While 1 $File = FileFindNextFile($search01) $StringLenght= StringLen ($File) if $StringLenght= $aArray[$i][1] Then $FileSplit= StringSplit($File,".") $Time=FileGetTime ( $File ,$TimeOption ,0 ) If @error Then ExitLoop FileMove($path & $File, $path & $FileSplit[1] & $Time[3] & $Time[4] & $Time[5] & $aArray[$i][0], 0) Else ExitLoop EndIf WEnd FileClose($search01) next Ini file looks like:
      [General] ;Enter folder where the files are located: ;Example C:\test\ InputFolder=C:\FileRename\ ;Enter the option you want to use, for timestamp ;0 = Last modified (default) ;1 = Created ;2 = Last accessed TimeOption=0 ;Enter Files extensions that needs a timestamp. ;FileExtention=FileNameLenght (characters) ;Example .TRX.MAU (Dont forget the leading point) ;FileNameLenght = how many characters the filename contains. Including "." ;If filename is longer or shorter it wil not rename the file. ;Example TR150730.TRX.MAU = 16 characters. [EXT] .txt=8 .log=8  
    • megaservo
      By megaservo
      Hi All, 
      I'm making a stage 1 preparation script to apply to target worksation Win 7 and Win 8.1 machines -in preparation to running a separate batch script later (stage 2) within our Windows Server with "netdom.exe move" xxxxxxxx
      Stage 1 Script Tasks: 
      1. delete some common shortcuts
      2. Then move all files within common user profile backup locations - including any files in the sub-directories of the common backups locations within each users profile folder. 
      Stage 1 Script Purpose: 
      Make it easy for staff to grab files and folders from one C:\_Backup directory
      Stage 1 Script PROBLEM:
      The script successfully removes the desired shortcuts - that part works well.
      Problem is it only copies files in root directory of each users common folder (eg: Desktop) but doesn't move all the sub-directories and its files and move it to the corresponding backup directory. I've searched the whole AutoIT forum domain for ideas but I've hit a dead end. 

Here is the code: 
      ;START TASKS-------------------------------------------------------------------------- #include <FileConstants.au3> $ccsystem32 = @SystemDir ;define C:\Windows\System32 folder $ccdesktop = @DesktopCommonDir ;define all users desktop location ;rename CompanyName Remote Desktop shortcut FileCopy($ccdesktop&"\Remote Desktop.rdp", $ccdesktop&"\Company Remote Desktop.rdp", 0) ;delete copies of "SHIP", "eKeySilent", "eKey Manual Login", "eKey Admin" and "ConnX Login" from every profile, adds a copy ot each Desktop folder. $folder = StringLeft(@UserProfileDir,StringInStr(@UserProfileDir,"\",0,-1)) $search = FileFindFirstFile($folder&"*") While 1 $profile = FileFindNextFile($search) If @error Then ExitLoop If FileExists($folder&$profile&"\desktop\SHIP.url") Then FileDelete($folder&$profile&"\desktop\SHIP.url") EndIf If FileExists($folder&$profile&"\desktop\ekeySilent.lnk") Then FileDelete($folder&$profile&"\desktop\ekeySilent.lnk") EndIf If FileExists($folder&$profile&"\desktop\eKey Manual Login.url") Then FileDelete($folder&$profile&"\desktop\eKey Manual Login.url") EndIf If FileExists($folder&$profile&"\desktop\ConnX Login.lnk") Then FileDelete($folder&$profile&"\desktop\ConnX Login.lnk") EndIf If FileExists($folder&$profile&"\desktop\eKey Admin.url") Then FileDelete($folder&$profile&"\desktop\eKey Admin.url") EndIf If FileExists($folder&$profile&"\desktop\Remote Desktop.rdp") Then FileDelete($folder&$profile&"\desktop\Remote Desktop.rdp") EndIf ;backup desktop folder of each user If FileExists($folder&$profile&"\desktop\"&"*.*") Then FileMove($folder&$profile&"\desktop\"&"*.*", "C:\_Backup\"&$profile&"\Desktop\", 9) ;flag combining overwrite existing files & create destination structure EndIf ;backup downloads folder of each user If FileExists($folder&$profile&"\downloads\"&"*.*") Then FileMove($folder&$profile&"\downloads\"&"*.*", "C:\_Backup\"&$profile&"\Downloads\", 9) ;flag combining overwrite existing files & create destination structure EndIf ;backup Documents folder of each user If FileExists($folder&$profile&"\documents\"&"*.*") Then FileMove($folder&$profile&"\documents\"&"*.*", "C:\_Backup\"&$profile&"\Documents\", 9) ;flag combining overwrite existing files & create destination structure EndIf ;backup pictures folder of each user If FileExists($folder&$profile&"\pictures\"&"*.*") Then FileMove($folder&$profile&"\pictures\"&"*.*", "C:\_Backup\"&$profile&"\Pictures\", 9) ;flag combining overwrite existing files & create destination structure EndIf ;backup music folder of each user If FileExists($folder&$profile&"\music\"&"*.*") Then FileMove($folder&$profile&"\music\"&"*.*", "C:\_Backup\"&$profile&"\Music\", 9) ;flag combining overwrite existing files & create destination structure EndIf ;backup videos folder of each user If FileExists($folder&$profile&"\videos\"&"*.*") Then FileMove($folder&$profile&"\videos\"&"*.*", "C:\_Backup\"&$profile&"\Videos\", 9) ;flag combining overwrite existing files & create destination structure EndIf ;backup IEfavorites folder of each user If FileExists($folder&$profile&"\favorites\"&"*.*") Then FileMove($folder&$profile&"\favorites\"&"*.*", "C:\_Backup\"&$profile&"\IEFavorites\", 9) ;flag combining overwrite existing files & create destination structure EndIf WEnd FileClose($search) ;end of deletion of old shortcuts and copying of user files in backup directories. I tried DirMove but I can confirm that windows wont let me move the whole eg: Desktop folder as its read only and I obviously dont want to screw up that account as well (in case we need to log into it) - so I don't want to for example delete the actual Desktop directory. Just move  
      I dont know how to move only all the sub-directories of all the above folders eg: Desktop - and not move the directory eg: Desktop itself. is it 2 problems?
      sub-directories are read only? DirMove is not allowed to copy any sub-directories?  Reason why I was asked to use FileMove and DirMove is that we are concerned of running out of C drive space if we use FileCopy and DirCopy (works on eg: Desktop dir)
      How file structure of C:\_Backup should look like on each target workstation system:
      but it should not move the for eg: C:\Users\Admin\Desktop but should move all of its files and folders. Why move not copy? C drive space is limited on each workstation, so I don't want to create double the files.  Example of Desired File structure of backup directory: C:\_Backup\ C:\_Backup\Admin\ .\Desktop\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Documents\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Downloads\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\IEFavorites\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Music\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Pictures\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Vidoes\* (includes all files & subdirectories) C:\_Backup\Administrator\ .\Desktop\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Documents\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Downloads\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\IEFavorites\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Music\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Pictures\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Vidoes\* (includes all files & subdirectories) C:\_Backup\Administrator.DomainName\ .\Desktop\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Documents\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Downloads\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\IEFavorites\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Music\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Pictures\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Vidoes\* (includes all files & subdirectories) C:\_Backup\Default\ .\Desktop\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Documents\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Downloads\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\IEFavorites\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Music\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Pictures\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Vidoes\* (includes all files & subdirectories) C:\_Backup\Default User\ .\Desktop\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Documents\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Downloads\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\IEFavorites\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Music\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Pictures\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Vidoes\* (includes all files & subdirectories) C:\_Backup\User1 .\Desktop\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Documents\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Downloads\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\IEFavorites\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Music\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Pictures\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Vidoes\* (includes all files & subdirectories) C:\_Backup\Public\ .\Desktop\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Documents\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Downloads\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\IEFavorites\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Music\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Pictures\* (includes all files & subdirectories) .\Vidoes\* (includes all files & subdirectories) Anybody has any ideas or assistance? 
      Might be a really simple thing that I missed. 
      Something missing to the while loop? Maybe the whole while loop needs to be redesigned? ???