Can MouseMove($pos[0], $pos[1]$x,0) take a variable at $x...?

Hello...:)

I have done extensive searches on this issue before posting but have not found a solve. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

;I have a valid AutoIt support question and kindly provided the details of my system:
;AutoIt Version: V3.3.14.2 [X32]
;Windows Version: WIN_VISTA [X86]
;Language: English (0409)

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Global $form = GUICreate("O_o", 146, 66, -1, -1)
Global $inputNorth = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 12, 24, 53, 21)
Global $btnSet = GUICtrlCreateButton("Set Controls", 72, 16, 65, 33, $BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

HotKeySet("{UP}","_north")

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $btnSet
            Global $goNorth= "-" & GUICtrlRead($inputNorth)
            MsgBox(0,"", "go north: " & $goNorth)

Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd
;functions
Func _north()
    $pos=MouseGetPos()
    MouseMove($pos[0], $pos[1]$goNorth,0) ;-results in syntax error
EndFunc

As you can see, $goNorth gets its value from $inputNorth
(the MsgBox shows it works)
But I cannot get MouseMove() to take $goNorth

If I use: MouseMove($pos[0], $pos[1]$goNorth,0) --I get a syntax error.

If I use: MouseMove($pos[0], $pos[1] & $goNorth,0) --I no longer get a syntax error, but that's not right so the function, (likely), moves by zero.

So is there a way I can get MouseMove() to take a variable for that parameter?

Thank you in advance should you choose to help!

• Moderators

FrancescoDiMuro,

Why do you ask? What business is it of yours?

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

11 hours ago, Fin said:

So is there a way I can get MouseMove() to take a variable for that parameter?

yes there are so many ways :D, but you need to tell us what app you want to automate because there are strict rules here and I don't want my ass to be kicked... :sweating:

ill get to that... i still need to learn and understand a lot of codes graduated.gif

Correct answer, learn to walk before you take on that marathon.

• Moderators

232showtime,

you need to tell us what app you want to automate

No he/she does not. - there is nothing in that question other than some operator confusion. Why are you all trying to get the thread locked?

I don't want my ass to be kicked

Then report the thread and ask for a Mod to take a look before you reply - simples.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

On 6/19/2018 at 12:46 AM, pixelsearch said:

Hello Fin, a plus sign should do it :

MouseMove($pos[0], $pos[1] + $goNorth, 0)

Thanks!  That worked.  I was hoping it was something small like that...:)

On 6/19/2018 at 3:28 AM, 232showtime said:

yes there are so many ways :D, but you need to tell us what app you want to automate because there are strict rules here and I don't want my ass to be kicked... :sweating:

Thanks.  I understand.  I read all the rules before posting and saw that about game and other program automation.  I'm not into that so it'll be no problem...:)

All I'm doing is making a small program to control my mouse (brush/tool) in photoshop, and to send button clicks so I get even looking dots or whatever.

Adding a + before the variable solved my issue but thanks for offering to help! I really appreciate it...:)

@Fin

My apologizes to you :) Feel always free to ask what is not clear for you :)

@Melba23

On 19/6/2018 at 1:51 PM, Melba23 said:

Why are you all trying to get the thread locked?

In a forum where almost everyday someone asks for gane-automation, I think it is legit to ask what he was trying to do with his script, and he has been courteus replying us :)

I don't see anything wrong with MY question.

Thanks again Fin for have read Forum Rules :)

Best Regards.

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

@FrancescoDiMuro

1 hour ago, FrancescoDiMuro said:

My apologizes to you :) Feel always free to ask what is not clear for you :)

No apology necessary...:)  I probably should have been more clear upfront.  TBH, I was a little nervous after reading all the rules and just wanted to be as short and to the point as possible.  Next time I'll include a little more information for sure...:)

Thanks again for the offer to help!  I'm just learning AutoIt and I love it!  It's very easy to understand, but I'm sure I'll have questions in the future so it's nice to know there are people around to ask.  And while I don't know very much yet, I will spend some time here in case I can be of help to someone else...:)

Thanks again!  Take care!