Sign in to follow this  
nacerbaaziz

question about RequireAdmin

Hello all
I have a question please
Is there a way to request the script for administrator privileges if a particular condition is met??
example
local $path = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\test", "fullpath")
if $fullPath = @scriptFullPath then
Request for administrator privileges
main()
else
main()
endIf
I hope to find a solution here
Greetings to all

I use this solution in AutoIt3Wrapper to perform AutoIt3 functions that require Admin Rights from a script running in normal mode and wait until the task is done:

#include <File.au3>

RunReqAdmin( 'RunWait("NotePad.exe")')

Func RunReqAdmin($Autoit3Commands, $prompt = 0)
    Local $temp_Script = _TempFile(@TempDir, "~", ".au3")
    Local $temp_check = _TempFile(@TempDir, "~", ".chk")
    FileWriteLine($temp_check, 'TempFile')
    FileWriteLine($temp_Script, '#NoTrayIcon')
    If Not IsAdmin() Then
        FileWriteLine($temp_Script, '#RequireAdmin')
        If $prompt = 1 Then MsgBox(262144, "Need Admin mode", "Admin mode is needed for this update. Answer the following prompts to allow the update.")
    EndIf
    FileWriteLine($temp_Script, $Autoit3Commands)
    FileWriteLine($temp_Script, "FileDelete('" & $temp_check & "')")
    $ph = RunWait('"' & @AutoItExe & '" /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "' & $temp_Script & '"')
    ; Wait for the script to finish
    While FileExists($temp_check)
        Sleep(50)
    WEnd
    FileDelete($temp_Script & "*.*")
EndFunc   ;==>RunReqAdmin

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Then use the same method and restart the started scrip as admin in case that condition is met. Shouldn't be hard to code base on my first post.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Another options is to use the "runas" verb with ShellExecute or ShellExecuteWait.  

MsgBox(0, "Test", "User is " & (IsAdmin() ? "" : "not ") & "Admin.")

If Not IsAdmin() Then 
    _RerunAsAdmin()
Else
    MsgBox(0, "Is Admin?", "Yes, Admin.") ;Example. 
EndIf 

Func _RerunAsAdmin()
    Local $sParameters = ""
    If Not @Compiled Then
        $sParameters = '"' & @ScriptFullPath & '"'
    EndIf

ShellExecute(@AutoItExe, $sParameters, "", "runas")
    If @error Then Return MsgBox(16 + 262144, "ERROR!", "Unable to elevate to Admin due to UAC.")

EndFunc

Adam

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By red0fireus
      #NoTrayIcon #Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=Rainmeter Suspend #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=0.0.0.1 #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion_AutoIncrement=y #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_ProductName=Rainmeter Suspend #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Opt("TrayAutoPause",0) while 1 sleep(5000) _IsFullScreen() WEnd Func _IsFullScreen () Local $hwnd = WinGetHandle ("[ACTIVE]") Local $aWinRect = WinGetPos ($hwnd) If ($aWinRect[2] >= _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics($SM_CXSCREEN)) OR ($aWinRect[3] >= _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics($SM_CYSCREEN)) Then _ProcessSuspend("rainmeter.exe") Else _ProcessResume("rainmeter.exe") EndIf EndFunc Func _ProcessSuspend($process) $processid = ProcessExists($process) If $processid Then $ai_Handle = DllCall("kernel32.dll", 'int', 'OpenProcess', 'int', 0x1f0fff, 'int', False, 'int', $processid) $i_sucess = DllCall("ntdll.dll","int","NtSuspendProcess","int",$ai_Handle[0]) DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'ptr', 'CloseHandle', 'ptr', $ai_Handle) If IsArray($i_sucess) Then Return 1 Else SetError(1) Return 0 Endif Else SetError(2) Return 0 Endif EndFunc Func _ProcessResume($process) $processid = ProcessExists($process) If $processid Then $ai_Handle = DllCall("kernel32.dll", 'int', 'OpenProcess', 'int', 0x1f0fff, 'int', False, 'int', $processid) $i_sucess = DllCall("ntdll.dll","int","NtResumeProcess","int",$ai_Handle[0]) DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'ptr', 'CloseHandle', 'ptr', $ai_Handle) If IsArray($i_sucess) Then Return 1 Else SetError(1) Return 0 Endif Else SetError(2) Return 0 Endif EndFunc  
      I'm getting this error when running my script: "Error: Subscript used on non-accessible variable" 
      I'm very confused because the script works 99% of the time and then I just get the random error. What am I missing?
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hello autoit team
      is there any wey to check if any process run as admin or no?
      i mean e.g if i want to restart any process, now i have the ability to get the process path and commands line
      what i need is a wey to check if the process was runing as admin or no to restart it with the same state.
      here is the part that am using it to restart the process
      func _processRestart($i_pid, $s_ProcessPath) if not (ProcessExists($i_ProcessPid)) then return SetError(1, 0, -1) local $s_ProcessWorkDir = _WinAPI_GetProcessWorkingDirectory($i_ProcessPid) ProcessClose($i_ProcessPid) ProcessWaitClose($i_ProcessPid) ProcessWait(ShellExecute($i_pid,"", $s_ProcessWorkDir)) ProcessesGetList() return true endFunc thanks in advance
    • By rudi
      Hi,
      When a non compiled AU3 script is run with #RequireAdmin, then if the UAC prompt can be authorized due to the fact, that the currently loggedon user has local admin rights, then the macro @UserProfileDir correctly reflects the profile dir of the user of the windows logon session.

When the script with #RequireAdmin is started by a "normal user" without local admin rights, and I use a domain admin account to authorize the UAC prompt, then @UserProfileDir reflects the profile dir belonging to the AD-Admin account.
      As the script originally was started using the "regular user" I'm wondering, if there is a chance to "pass" the original user's @UserProfileDir to the UAC elevated script?

As playing around with this feature I realize, that I basically don't know the exact mechanism of the UAC elevation authorization process:
      The script is started by right mouse click, execute script This is invoking e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Users\Rudi\Desktop\test.au3" as by this registy value: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AutoIt3Script\Shell\Run\Command] @="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\AutoIt3\\AutoIt3.exe\" \"%1\" %*" But what I honestly don't know is, how does the UAC propt interact in the program startup? I guess, that Autoit3.exe is parsing the AU3 source, is seeing the #RequireAdmin and then "relaunches itself with the AU3 as %1" requesting UAC elevated rights "from windows"??? With Process Explorer I can see, that The commandline then is this one with a "!" before "%1"
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe" !"C:\Users\Rudi\Desktop\test.au3"  It it should be something like this, then it might be possible to pass the original @UserProfileDir to the second, UAC elevated "Startup"??? <edit>
      I just noticed:
      When I use "WIN+R" and then directly use the command line, I see in Process Explorer, ...
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe" !"C:\Users\Rudi\Desktop\test.au3"
      ... then this script with #RequireAdmin is started *WITHOUT* UAC elevation.
      Guessing, that this ! is just reverting #RequireAdmin I tried the "opposite" one as well:
      AU3 script without #RequireAdmin Starting with "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe" !"C:\Users\Rudi\Desktop\test.au3" does not invoke UAC elevation prompt. So to me it looks like, this ! is a "status flag from Autoit3.exe to Autoit3.exe", that the elevation process was done already? amazing...
      the topic Autoit on Windows Vista is telling no details of  this UAC process...
      </edit>

Regards, Rudi.
    • By Spikemg1
      Is it possible to sign your script before compiling?
    • By Psyllex
      I'm trying to install some setup stuff on Win10. 

One part of the script requires just regular user privileges but the other requires admin privileges.  When I run it from the Autoit Editor it works like a champ.  When I build it, Windows slaps the admin stamp on it and then when I attempt to run the part that only requires regular users....it gets all hosed up. 
      Is there a way to remove #RequireAdmin? 

I've tried RunAs(username, "", myPassword, "", "cmd.exe", "") but that never seems to work.
      Can someone help me out?