Sign in to follow this  
Simpel

[Solved] regex: replace line breaks except double

Hi,

I'm trying to replace line breaks. But when there are two or more of them keep them. At the end it should reformat copied text with unwanted line breaks. This is my code:

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
;~ Local $sText = ClipGet()
Local $sText = "asd" & @CRLF & "asd" & @CRLF & "asd" & @CRLF & "asd" & @CRLF & "asd" & @CRLF & @CRLF & "asd" & @CRLF & "asd" & @CRLF & "asd" & @CRLF & "asd" & @CRLF & "asd" & @CRLF & @CRLF & "asd"
MsgBox($MB_TOPMOST, "Original", $sText)
Local $sRegexKillEnters = "(?m)(?<=\V)\v(?!\v|\h\h|\t)" ; (first all but Enter)Enter(but not if Enter or 2 Spaces or a Tab - if one wrote a list)
$sText = StringRegExpReplace($sText, $sRegexKillEnters, " ")
MsgBox($MB_TOPMOST, "Kill Enters", $sText & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Extended: " & @extended)

I would expect:

asd asd asd asd asd

asd asd asd asd asd

asd

but get no error code and this:

asd
asd
asd
asd
asd

asd
asd
asd
asd
asd

asd

It works at regex101.com with flavour pcre: https://regex101.com/r/aTmV2T/1 but @AZJIO RegExp-Tester gives @Extended = 11.

What is my mistake? Simpel

Edited by Simpel
[Solved]

SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win7Pro SP1   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

1 hour ago, Simpel said:

What is my mistake

\v matches a single vertical space, and in @crlf there are 2
Your expression works if you replace the \v  by \R (any newline sequence)

(?<=\V)\R(?!\v|\h\h|\t)

Curious. I had the feeling there was a slightly other answer that I read and then I left work. On my walk home I came to the solution that CR and LF are two characters and because of that the regex is failing. (Regex101.com seems to convert both characters to one while pasting.)

Now I see another part of code. (I remember some snippet with “SKIP” but I’m not sure.) Nevertheless I try your code tomorrow.

The part with |\h\h|\t is in advance (necessary for not deleting line breaks if someone made a list) and not needed here. (I remember a question about that. Question is not here any more. Funny. Is my brain tricking me?)

Regards, Simpel

P.S. Think I have to replace the second \v by \R too.

SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win7Pro SP1   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

7 hours ago, Simpel said:

Is my brain tricking me?

No  :D
My first message proposed a different pattern but didn't answer your question, reason why I changed it
This pattern is an alternative way to get the same result, something like this

Local $sRegexKillEnters = "\R(?|\R+|\h\h|\t)(*SKIP)(*F)|\R"

Edited by mikell

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By RC86
      Afternoon!
      I have a requirement to return both a string and an array from a function so as a result I put them both into an array and returned that.  I can access them in their entirety after returning them but then I can't seem to access the array elements after this.  Should I be able to or is there a prettier way?
      #include <Array.au3> ;Memory info returned as a string and an array $memoryInfo = _getMemoryInfo() msgbox(0,"Memory Info",$memoryInfo[0]) _ArrayDisplay($memoryInfo[1],"Memory as an Array") Local $newArray[7] $memoryInfo[1] = $newArray msgbox(0,"Test element",$newArray[0]) _ArrayDisplay($newArray) Func _getMemoryInfo() Local $newArray[7] Local $array = MemGetStats() $newArray[0] = $array[0] ;% of memory in use $newArray[1] = Round($array[1]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Total physical RAM $newArray[2] = Round($array[2]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Availaible physical RAM $newArray[3] = Round($array[3]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Total pagefile $newArray[4] = Round($array[4]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Available pagefile $newArray[5] = Round($array[5]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Total virtual $newArray[6] = Round($array[6]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Available virtual $memoryUsage = $newArray[1] - $newarray[2] $pagefileUsage = $newArray[3] - $newarray[4] ;Output/Return Local $returnArray[2] $returnArray[0] = "Memory: " & $memoryUsage & " GB/" & $newArray[1] & " GB " & @CRLF & "Pagefile: " & $pagefileUsage & " GB/" & $newArray[3] & " GB " $returnArray[1] = $newArray return $returnArray EndFunc A bit messy but hopefully it's understandable what I'm trying to achieve.
      Thanks!
    • By barkeeper
      Hi there, not sure if this is the right place, but I'm building a script for using premade answers in chat. It works and outputs the answers (stored in an ini file based on:  answer name = answer it also works with a new line if there is a tag <enter> in the answer text in the ini file. Now the problem is, that after the answer is pasted in the chat (you bring up the interface with ctrl+1) it gives an enter, thus sending the output straight away. I would like to be able to review the answer before sending it. can anyone help me by telling what's wrong in the script, I tried replacing the @crlf in the script with other options, no luck. Thanks in advance! 
      antwoorden.au3
      antwoorden.ini
    • By youtuber
      2 writes and how returning?
      $var1 = "1.variable" $var2 = "2.variable" $var3 = "3.variable" For $i = 1 To 3 Step 1 MsgBox(0,"test Message header",$var1) Next For $i = 1 To 3 Step 1 MsgBox(0,"test Message header",$var2) Next If ($var2 = 2) Then Return $var1 For $i = 1 To 3 Step 1 MsgBox(0,"test Message header",$var3) Next  
    • By Wicked_Caty
      My program generates a huge lot of numbers that has to be displayed in a label. Usually there are around 100 thousand and 1 million numbers, so I obviously have certain problems with space. I get the data into the label, but it's all in one line and simply exceeds the label (by a couple of million pixels, but never mind that)... Of course it won't fit into a 200x200 big label either, but it'd look a lot nicer. I don't even need to scroll in it.
      The only thing in need is an automatic @CRLF at the border of the label.
      Something like the style $ES_MULTILINE for the input box.
      Here's the most important stuff from the GUI.
      Local $gui = GUICreate("Crypt", 630, 440) Local $in = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 10, 300, 300, $ES_MULTILINE) ; need something like $ES_MULTILINE just one line later in this code Local $out = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 320, 10, 300, 300) ; instead of "", please imagine a random number between 1e5 and 1e6 here please ; a lot of buttons that don't matter right now GUISetBkColor(0x111111, $gui) GUICtrlSetBkColor($in, 0xEEEEEE) GUICtrlSetBkColor($out, 0xEEEEEE) ; again a lot of button configuartion that's completely unnecessary right now GUICtrlSetColor($in, 0x111111) GUICtrlSetColor($out, 0x111111) ; same as before GUISetFont(13, 200, 0, "Candara", $gui) GUICtrlSetFont($in, 13, 200, 0, "Candara") GUICtrlSetFont($out, 13, 200, 0, "Candara") ; still configuation for the buttons Local $data0 = "" ; some unimportant variables GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $gui) ; switch from GUIGetMsg() in an infinite while-loop Thanks!
    • By PEscobar
      #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=c:\users\paulo\documents\gui.kxf Global $Form1_1 = GUICreate("Test", 499, 196, -1127, 323) Global $Amount = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Amount", 176, 80, 40, 17) Global $AmountInput = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 224, 80, 57, 21) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### $x = This one is just a test, but I want the value of $x to be whatever numbers the user types in.