barkeeper

Too many enters in script

11 posts in this topic

Hi there, not sure if this is the right place, but I'm building a script for using premade answers in chat. It works and outputs the answers (stored in an ini file based on:  answer name = answer it also works with a new line if there is a tag <enter> in the answer text in the ini file. Now the problem is, that after the answer is pasted in the chat (you bring up the interface with ctrl+1) it gives an enter, thus sending the output straight away. I would like to be able to review the answer before sending it. can anyone help me by telling what's wrong in the script, I tried replacing the @crlf in the script with other options, no luck. Thanks in advance! 

antwoorden.au3

antwoorden.ini

Guess we need to understand what character needs to be send in stead of @CRLF (<enter>) for a newline in your chat client.
Any idea or tried Shift+Enter or just @lf or @cr?

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

On ‎25‎-‎1‎-‎2017 at 5:55 PM, Jos said:

Guess we need to understand what character needs to be send in stead of @CRLF (<enter>) for a newline in your chat client.
Any idea or tried Shift+Enter or just @lf or @cr?

Jos

I tried @LF and @CR, no luck. how would I achieve a Shift+Enter instead of the regular enter, can't figure it out I'm afraid.

Also you could use Op('ExpandVarStrings', 1) then in your Ini file you can write your <Enter> as @CRLF@ these will be automatically expanded upon reading the ini file.  For example:

[answers]
answer1=default answer line 1@CRLF@line 2 
answer2=default answer line 1@CRLF@line 2

13 minutes ago, Subz said:

You could just use StringReplace for example:

If StringInStr($sAnswer,"<enter>") Then $sAnswer =StringReplace($sAnswer,"<enter>", @CRLF)

Hi Subz, Thanks for looking at the script. The StringReplace function does make it a little better, but what happens with it is that the first line in the answer .ini file is posted (with enter) and the second one is not (like I want it to be). Any ideas ? The script is meant for providing quick answers to chats we do with Skype for Business, and we would like to review the pasted "default" text, before sending

14 minutes ago, Subz said:

Also you could use Op('ExpandVarStrings', 1) then in your Ini file you can write your <Enter> as @CRLF@ these will be automatically expanded upon reading the ini file.  For example:

[answers]

Can you show me a line of code using the ExpandVarStrings in my current script so I get an idea. I'm really new to this. Cheers

#10 ·  Posted

This is a little quick and dirty but maybe you want to try something like this:

#include <Array.au3>
#include <ComboConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Opt('ExpandVarStrings', 1)

Global $hGUI
Global $bGuiHide = True
Global $sIni = @ScriptDir & "\antwoorden.ini"
Global $aIni = IniReadSection($sIni, 'answers')
    If @error Then Exit MsgBox(16, 'Error', 'Unable to read ini file')

HotKeySet("^1", "_GuiToggle")

Example()

While 1
    Sleep(50)
WEnd

Func Example()
    $hGUI = GUICreate("Example", 300, 200)

Local $idComboBox = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 10, 10, 280, 20, $CBS_DROPDOWNLIST)
    Local $idEditBox = GUICtrlCreateEdit('', 10, 40, 280, 120)
    Local $idClose = GUICtrlCreateButton("Close", 210, 170, 85, 25)

GUICtrlSetData($idComboBox, _ArrayToString($aIni, '|', 1, -1, '|', 0, 0))

If $bGuiHide = True Then
        GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hGUI)
    Else
        GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)
    EndIf

Local $sComboRead = ""

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $idClose
                GUISetState(@SW_HIDE)
                $bGuiHide = True
            Case $idComboBox
                $sComboRead = GUICtrlRead($idComboBox)
                $sIniRead = IniRead($sIni, 'answers', $sComboRead, "Sorry No answer available")
                GUICtrlSetData($idEditBox, $sIniRead)
        EndSwitch
    WEnd
EndFunc

Func _GuiToggle()
    If $bGuiHide = True Then
        $bGuiHide = False
    Else
        $bGuiHide = True
    EndIf
EndFunc

antwoorden.ini

[answers]
test=test@CRLF@not recommended@CRLF@http://www.mywebsite.com/

#11 ·  Posted

12 minutes ago, Subz said:

This is a little quick and dirty but maybe you want to try something like this:

expandcollapsepopup
#include <Array.au3>
#include <ComboConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Opt('ExpandVarStrings', 1)

Global $hGUI
Global $bGuiHide = True
Global $sIni = @ScriptDir & "\antwoorden.ini"
Global $aIni = IniReadSection($sIni, 'answers')
    If @error Then Exit MsgBox(16, 'Error', 'Unable to read ini file')

HotKeySet("^1", "_GuiToggle")

Example()

While 1
    Sleep(50)
WEnd

Func Example()
    $hGUI = GUICreate("Example", 300, 200)

Local $idComboBox = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 10, 10, 280, 20, $CBS_DROPDOWNLIST)
    Local $idEditBox = GUICtrlCreateEdit('', 10, 40, 280, 120)
    Local $idClose = GUICtrlCreateButton("Close", 210, 170, 85, 25)

GUICtrlSetData($idComboBox, _ArrayToString($aIni, '|', 1, -1, '|', 0, 0))

If $bGuiHide = True Then
    Else
    EndIf

Local $sComboRead = ""

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $idClose
                GUISetState(@SW_HIDE)
                $bGuiHide = True
            Case $idComboBox
                $sComboRead = GUICtrlRead($idComboBox)
                $sIniRead = IniRead($sIni, 'answers', $sComboRead, "Sorry No answer available")
                GUICtrlSetData($idEditBox, $sIniRead)
        EndSwitch
    WEnd
EndFunc

Func _GuiToggle()
    If $bGuiHide = True Then
        $bGuiHide = False
    Else
        $bGuiHide = True
    EndIf
EndFunc

antwoorden.ini

[answers]
test=test@CRLF@not recommended@CRLF@http://www.mywebsite.com/

I'll take a look at it, appreciate it, thanks!