Been a while

mattw112

It's been a couple years since I last built something with AutoIT, but I've been working with it on and off for 10 years or so.

I need to build a quick app with GUI.  What are people using now a days for form designing?  Still Koda?  Any of those other independent projects ever come to fruition?

Looks like there's a modern apps UDF too?

As part of this app, I need to have a place to make admin settings within the gui (I don't want an INI or reg keys) but I don't want the standard user to access these settings.  What is the best way to do that?  I'm thinking a new form with a password or something on it?

Thanks,

Terry

Hello!

What are people using now a days for form designing?  Still Koda?  Any of those other independent projects ever come to fruition?

Mostly Koda, I guess. But I've used ISN AutoIt Studio and it has really impressed me.

Looks like there's a modern apps UDF too?

There's a few... also for Ribbons... although I've tested some and they were only images-based simulations or required external tools.

As part of this app, I need to have a place to make admin settings within the gui (I don't want an INI or reg keys) but I don't want the standard user to access these settings.  What is the best way to do that?  I'm thinking a new form with a password or something on it?

How do you plan to save these informations? Perhaps you could take a look on storage.au3 on my signature...

My stuff

Spoiler

My UDFs  _AuThread multithreading emulation for AutoIt · _ExtInputBox an inputbox with multiple inputs and more features · forceUTF8 fix strings encoding without knowing its original charset · JSONgen JSON generator · _TCPServer UDF multi-client and multi-task (run on background) event-based TCP server easy to do · _TCPClient_UDF multi-server and multi-task (runs on background) event-based TCP client easy to do · ParseURL and ParseStr functions ported from PHP · _CmdLine UDF easily parse command line parameters, keys or flags · AutoPHP Create documents (bills, incomes) from HTML by sending variables/arrays from AutoIt to PHP · (Un)Serialize Convert arrays and data into a storable string (PHP compatible) · RTTL Plays and exports to MP3 Nokia-format monophonic ringtones (for very old cellphones) · I18n library Simple and easy to use localization library · Scripting.Dictionary OOP and OOP-like approach · Buffer/stack limit arrays to N items by removing the last one once the limit is reached · NGBioAPI UDF to work with Nitgen fingerprint readers · Serial/Licensing system require license key based on unique machine ID from your users · HTTP a simple WinHTTP library that allows GET, POST and file uploads · Thread true AutoIt threads (under-dev) · RC4 RC4 encryption compatible with PHP and JS ·  storage.au3 localStorage and sessionStorage for AutoIt Classes _WKHtmlToX uses wkhtmlto* to convert HTML files and webpages into PDF or images (jpg, bmp, gif, png...) Snippets _Word_DocFindReplaceByLongText replace strings using Word UDF with strings longer than 255 characters (MSWord limit) rangeparser parser for printing-like pages interval (e.g.: "1,2,3-5") EnvParser parse strings/paths with environment variables and get full path GUICtrlStaticMarquee static text scrolling Random stuff Super Mario beep sound your ears will hurt

• 3 weeks later...