wisem2540

Advice for Getting Started with Android Development

I am a huge autoit fan and have written several graphical apps.  I would love to get started building simple and complex android apps.  I am hoping someone here can recommend a good platform to get started with.  Preferably something that had an Autoit-like feel

There’s no app development that’s similar to auto IT for phones in anything you choose is going to have cost.  Maybe android studio is free from Google but then you’re limited to developing for only android and not iOS and not PC 

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

@wisem2540

Basic4Android (B4A) might be worth taking a look into.  It's sort of like the old VB6 development environment, but for Android.  It has a feature-rich, WYSIWYG development environment and a very active community.  The language is very similar to AutoIt in many respects.  That means you can spend more time learning the specifics of Android programming and less time learning the language and the development environment.  It used to be free but I think they charge a nominal fee now.

They also have B4I (IOS), B4J (Desktop), and B4R (Arduino) if you choose to expand onto other platforms.

Edited by TheXman

you could start with some tutorials on youtube and for the full fledged course make an account on udemy and there are plenty of courses available for beginner level

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By rudi
      Hello,

I found a couple of threads asking quite similar questions, but without finding a "straight" solution to Access the internal phone storage as well as the plugged in SD-Card.

While the SD Card is quite an easy Job (shutdown phone, remove SD, plug into some Card Reader, Access it using a drive letter), the internal storage isn't accessible this way.

Of course I *CAN* Access all the (regular visible) Content, when connected to a Windows box.

But this way I cannot estimate, where all the space was eaten up. So I'd like to know, how to address the "root" Folder of the internal storage of my Android Phone to get it's subfolders and files. Going through the whole Folder tree recursively isn't my Problem, it's just howto address the very first Folder and then to read all files (with sizes) and names of the subfolders.

Regards, Rudi.
    • By Miliardsto
      Hello Im wondering if using this https://ohtejera.github.io/ImperiusAutoIt/#started
      UDF can i make that I can control my windows application with phone?
      like for example click button Start on android phone and then something would be done in my windows app?
    • By mmoalem
      Hi all - was wondering if the following is possible:
      I have a motion detecting ccrv software on PC (icam or similar) - there is a bottom that turn surveillance (motion detection) on and off. I can get autoit to automate the clicking on the button. 

I want my android phone to send a trigger every time it disconnect from the home network (i.e when I leave home) to tell autoit to turn on surveillance and when reconnecting to home network to trigger it to click off

does any one have a suggestion how to go about achieving this?
    • By gillesg
      Hello all,
      First, I wish you a happy new year.
      I am building with autoit a substitution tool to sync my iTunes playlist with my android phone.
      I have managed reading the itunes lib, but now I am stuck at reading / writing on my android device.
      From all the searches I made, it is using MTP protocol. 
      The Windows Explorer can read and write on the device.
      The device appears as a "portable device".

Does anyone of you can direct me in some direction to keep investigate.

Thanks in advance

Gilles
    • By oHenry
      Hi,
      I would like to share this simple project which aims to be a first approach in order to use AutoIt as scripting language for mobile automation (Android).
      This project is an ImperiusGeorge client for mobile test automation that support native Android apps. 
      You can find more information at https://ohtejera.github.io/ImperiusAutoIt and here's the link to the project on Github: https://github.com/ohtejera/ImperiusAutoIt
      Best regards.
      Henry