Thank you and here's what I've done with AutoIt

ScottW

No real question yet, not until I run out of time for my projects.

I'm a script monkey.  Everything I've put together I've taught myself, and I never really picked up on best practices.  I'll get better at them. (just saw Welcome to Autoit 123, i'll look at that when i get time)

I wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone on this forum.  Your questions/answers/code/techniques have been shamelessly plagiarized and cobbled into my projects over the years.  I have used AutoIt a few times in the last 10 years for a couple automation projects.  Move the mouse, click... stuff like that.  But in the last year I have really developed my understanding and started building with it.

I use Koda to draw out my projects.  I know what I want and work backwards from there.  Whatever I can't figure out I find here.

Here's what I have done. (Rhapsody is the Application/servers I work on)

Launchpad:  Single sign on for my servers, and a list of links to useful sites and my autoit programs.

Rhapsody IP:  copies the IP of the server to clipboard, so I don't have to keep finding the IP when asked.

Namer:  Fill out the highlighted sections and it'll create standard names to use on our servers.  Trying to build best practice into our environment (to bad I don't do the same in AutoIt code)

Rhapsody RegEx Search:  Formats a Regex statement for a search on our engines.

FTP Helper: Form that when filled out creates a .csv that we use in our engine.  Also creates a step by step instruction sheet on how to use it, filled in dynamically from the answers on the form.  Much better then freehanding it.

Task Tracker:  Copies the tasks to a registry key with a minute stamp.  writes out to a file each time so you can tell how many minutes you spend per task.  helps on reporting time at the end of the week.

Migration Compare: Current project.  Compares  2 large files and ultimately will create 3 files.  an overfiltered file, and underfiltered file, and a mapper error file (oh, and a result page)... I may need some help on this one and will create a new thread on it.

Not bad for 6 or so months, in my 'free time'.

Thanks again.

Scott

FTP Helper.jpg

IP.jpg

LaunchPad.jpg

MigrationCompare.jpg

Namer.jpg

RegEx.jpg

Task.jpg

Cute,

you had diner for the valentin’s day with your first big project 😜

you’re welcome

My video tutorials : ( In construction )  || My Discord : https://discord.gg/S9AnwHw

How to Ask Help ||  UIAutomation From Junkew || WebDriver From Danp2 || And Water's UDFs in the Quote

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki