OutlookEX UDF

water

Hi Water

Did you attach the UDF or provide a link?

Not yet.

As a first step we wanted to discuss the concept and gather requests from the community.

Then in a second step we wanted to provide the code we have so far for playing and testing .

The functions available so far can be found in the attached thumbnail.

Or do you think we should post the code right now and then talk about it?

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

No, this is great, my mistake.

Seems like you two have done some good prep-work already and are well on your way to having it done. I'm very interested in supporting this project, let me know how I can help.

Your approach seems sound. I have an idea that may or may not fit into your plans.

An Is-busy function. Essentially a query for a calendar whether a specific timeslot has a scheduled appointment or not. This may seem easy, however when you query a calendar you get all entries in the calendar and the reoccurence type etc. can cofuse things pretty quickly.

Not on your list, There is also an appointment item "conflict" that can be queried (if two things are scheduled at same time)

I have a pretty good VBA function for item2task if you want a copy....I see you have it listed as unfinished.

Anyways, I'll keep tabs on this post and see what develops. Looking forward to seeing your work.

Picea892

Hi Picea892,

An Is-busy function. Essentially a query for a calendar whether a specific timeslot has a scheduled appointment or not. This may seem easy, however when you query a calendar you get all entries in the calendar and the reoccurence type etc. can cofuse things pretty quickly.

The _OL_RecipientFreeBusyGet function should do what you want. It answers a question like "Does John Doe have some free time today between 09:00 and 11:00 for a 30-minute meeting?" You use _OL_RecipientFreeBusyGet to query the user for the interval in steps of 30 minutes and get a string where each character represents 30 minutes. Each character shows if the user is free, busy or whatever.

Not on your list, There is also an appointment item "conflict" that can be queried (if two things are scheduled at same time)

Good idea, I will put it on the todo list.

I have a pretty good VBA function for item2task if you want a copy....I see you have it listed as unfinished.

If you like you can post it here or send it to me via PM.

I think we will post some code to play with as soon as we have the example scripts finished for every function.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

OK, here is something for you to play with. Be aware that it's an early alpha version!

• Every example script (except the _OL_BarXXX scripts) delete and recreate a folder "Outlook-UDF-Test" plus subfolders and items in your inbox. So every example script has the same test environment
  • The _OL_BarXXX scripts create groups and shortcuts in your OutlookBar. The delete functions aren't available yet - so you have to delete them yourself
  • The scripts have been written and tested with Outlook 2002 SP3 on Windows XP SP3 - don't know if they all run with newer Outlook versions
  • One wrapper function _OL_MailSend has been finished. It puts together the necessary function calls to send an EMail - just to simplify live!
  • The OutlookEx.pdf lists the available functions. All _OL_ItemXXX functions list for which type of item they are available (mail, appointment ...)
Please first start _OL_TestEnvironment.au3 to set up the test environment (at least set the "Don't ask" flag).

Please report any errors you find.

Happy testing.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi Vampie,

correct - the function names will not change. But maybe the number or order of parameters, the return values of the function or whatever seems to make sense.

If you get errors, need more documentation or better examples, or if functions are missing: just drop me a note!

Happy testing!

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Two functions that I missed in the previous UDF were sentonbehalf and send with delay. I've added the following myself in the old Outlook UDF.

$oMessage.DeferredDeliveryTime = $sDelay
    $oMessage.Sentonbehalfofname = $sFrom

I don't know if anyone else will use these functions, but they helped me out :)

With the new UDF you can pass this properties to the _OL_CreateItem function:

; Create a html mail plus two attachments. 
; Set the properties to send on behalf and send deferred.
; *****************************************************************************
$oItem = _OL_ItemCreate($oOutlook, $olMailItem, "*\Outlook-UDF-Test\TargetFolder\Mail", "", _
"Subject=TestMail", _
"BodyFormat=" & $olFormatHTML, _
"HTMLBody=Bodytext in <b>bold</b>.", _
"DeferredDeliveryTime=" & $sDateTime, _
"Sentonbehalfofname=" & $sFrom)
Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Oh very nice. I'm really glad that you guys are improving this UDF. I would really like to make a contribution but I'm afraid that my programming skills are not good enough (yet). I do want to wish all of you guys goodluck with this project.

Hi Rigest,

if you want to add something to this little UDF then you could do some testing, report spelling or grammatical errors (as you will have noticed neither wooltown nor I are native speakers), tell us about missing functions etc. etc.

The UDF is very modular but on the other hand you could need to call 5 or 6 functions to get a task done. We now write some wrapper functions that make it easier for the beginner to get a task done.

_OL_Wrapper_MailSend is available so far. If you need further wrapper functions, please let us know.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

42 downloads and no comments :)

Don't be shy, post what you think about the UDF, what you like, what you don't like, what's missing etc. etc. ......

We need your input to improve the UDF ...

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Version 0.0.3 has been released.

Please test before using in production!

For download please see my signature.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 3 weeks later...

Version 0.1.0 has been released.

Please test before using in production!

For download please see my signature.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 3 weeks later...

1) Adding a contact: Please have a look at _OL_ItemCreate.au3 - example number 2

2) Show full list of contacts: Please have a look at _OL_ItemFind.au3 - example number 1. If you replace '[FirstName] = "TestFirstName"' with "" you should get all contacts of the specified folder.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki