supraaxdd

Am I able to sort out the columns in a Command Prompt?

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I have recently tried experimenting with a new feature that I want to add to my program. I wanted to test packet loss, so I opted into a command prompt that displays the necessary data that I want. Now I want to sort out the data by using column sorting if possible by using arrays. My question is: Are you able to sort them out on CMD or is it only Excel spreadsheets?

Below find the column I want to sort out:

Pinging google.ie [2a00:1450:400b:c01::5e] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 2a00:1450:400b:c01::5e: time=1033ms
Reply from 2a00:1450:400b:c01::5e: time=309ms
Reply from 2a00:1450:400b:c01::5e: time=37ms
Reply from 2a00:1450:400b:c01::5e: time=732ms

Ping statistics for 2a00:1450:400b:c01::5e:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 37ms, Maximum = 1033ms, Average = 527ms

I want to extract the Packet loss; the average along with all the results in the "time" column.

Looking forward for your response!

Kind Regards,

Supra

Edited by supraaxdd
Small mistake

Here is one example of an attempted answer.  The answer being the desired presentation of string and/or array manipulation.

#include <ArrayMultiSortCase.au3> ; From https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/198148-_arraymultisort-sort-multiple-columns-with-case-sensitivity/

$textD = _Cmd("Ping -t -n 4 google.ie", @ScriptDir) ; google-public-dns-b.google.com
;$textD = _Cmd("Ping", @ScriptDir) ; Ping usage - help
ConsoleWrite($textD & @CRLF)

$aArray = StringRegExp($textD, "(?m)(?:^.+time\h*=\h*(\d+)ms.*$)+", 3) ;|\h*Minimum\h*=\h*(\d+)ms.+?Maximum\h*=\h*(\d+)ms.+?Average\h*=\h*(\d+)ms.*$",3)

; _ArraySortC(ByRef $aArray, $iDescending = 0, $iStart = 0, $iEnd = 0, $iSubItem = 0, $iPivot = 0, $iCase = 0, $iNumericalSort = 0)
_ArraySortc($aArray, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1) ; _ArraySortC() used to sort numerically.  _ArraySort() sorts alphabetically making "11", one one, smaller than "2", two.
_ArrayDisplay($aArray, "Pinging Times")
MsgBox(0, "", StringRegExpReplace($textD, "(?s).+(Packets:.+?\)).+(Average = \d+ms)", "$1" & @CRLF & "$2"))

Func _Cmd($sCmd, $sDir = "")
    Local $text = '', $Pid = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & $sCmd, $sDir, @SW_HIDE, 2 + 4)
    While 1
        $text &= StdoutRead($Pid, False, False)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
        Sleep(10)
    WEnd
    While 1
        $text &= StderrRead($Pid)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
        ConsoleWrite(@LF & "!#------------------------# Error #---------------------------# " & @LF)
    WEnd
    Return $text
EndFunc   ;==>_Cmd

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Malkey said:

Here is one example of an attempted answer.  The answer being the desired presentation of string and/or array manipulation.

#include <ArrayMultiSortCase.au3> ; From https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/198148-_arraymultisort-sort-multiple-columns-with-case-sensitivity/

$textD = _Cmd("Ping -t -n 4 google.ie", @ScriptDir) ; google-public-dns-b.google.com
;$textD = _Cmd("Ping", @ScriptDir) ; Ping usage - help
ConsoleWrite($textD & @CRLF)

$aArray = StringRegExp($textD, "(?m)(?:^.+time\h*=\h*(\d+)ms.*$)+", 3) ;|\h*Minimum\h*=\h*(\d+)ms.+?Maximum\h*=\h*(\d+)ms.+?Average\h*=\h*(\d+)ms.*$",3)

; _ArraySortC(ByRef $aArray, $iDescending = 0, $iStart = 0, $iEnd = 0, $iSubItem = 0, $iPivot = 0, $iCase = 0, $iNumericalSort = 0)
_ArraySortc($aArray, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1) ; _ArraySortC() used to sort numerically.  _ArraySort() sorts alphabetically making "11", one one, smaller than "2", two.
_ArrayDisplay($aArray, "Pinging Times")
MsgBox(0, "", StringRegExpReplace($textD, "(?s).+(Packets:.+?\)).+(Average = \d+ms)", "$1" & @CRLF & "$2"))

While 1
        If @error Then ExitLoop
        Sleep(10)
    WEnd
    While 1
        If @error Then ExitLoop
        ConsoleWrite(@LF & "!#------------------------# Error #---------------------------# " & @LF)
    WEnd
    Return $text
EndFunc   ;==>_Cmd

Thanks for the response on this topic.

I have tested out your code and it worked just fine and thank you for that. Before I implement it into my actual code, may I ask how do you ping google? Do you ping it using the "Ping" command or do you specify to ping via CMD?

If you are doing it via CMD, could you please tell me which line of code says so?

Kind Regards,

Supra

Edit: Are you running CMD prior to the ping command by using the "Run" command in the second line of the _Cmd function? If not, where?

Edited by supraaxdd

@supraaxdd the _Cmd in this line:

Is a call to the _Cmd function below:

While 1
        If @error Then ExitLoop
        Sleep(10)
    WEnd
    While 1
        If @error Then ExitLoop
    WEnd
    Return $text
EndFunc   ;==>_Cmd

A function in AutoIt processes all code between the Func and EndFunc keywords (look in the help file for more). One of the lines in the function is this:

If you look in the help file, you will see the @ComSpec keyword (help file) is a reference to launching the command line window. In this case the code suggested is doing it with the @SW_HIDE (help file) parameter which makes it hidden. If you were to change that to @SW_SHOW, you will see the window pop up.

Clear things up? Any further questions please ask :)

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, JLogan3o13 said:

@supraaxdd the _Cmd in this line:

Is a call to the _Cmd function below:

While 1
        If @error Then ExitLoop
        Sleep(10)
    WEnd
    While 1
        If @error Then ExitLoop
    WEnd
    Return $text
EndFunc   ;==>_Cmd

A function in AutoIt processes all code between the Func and EndFunc keywords (look in the help file for more). One of the lines in the function is this:

If you look in the help file, you will see the @ComSpec keyword (help file) is a reference to launching the command line window. In this case the code suggested is doing it with the @SW_HIDE (help file) parameter which makes it hidden. If you were to change that to @SW_SHOW, you will see the window pop up.

Clear things up? Any further questions please ask :)

Thank you for the fast response.

It certainly did clear alot of my questions up because I looked at the help file and I couldn't really make it out. Thank you so much! I also didn't realise that the @SW_HIDE was the hiding the window as I didn't pay that much attention to it. Thank you yet again. Great help from the community for about the 18th time :D

Edit: I know how the function works, I was just looking for the part that was starting the cmd in the backround :)

Edited by supraaxdd

@JLogan3o13

Its now 9:30am here in Toowoomba. Last time I looked at this thread last night, there hadn't been a reply to my post.
Thanks for your reply. It is probably a better explanation than I would have provided.

The OP uses sort/extract rather interchangably, so i took a different approach in efforts of the latter.  I needed to keep my CLI skills sharp :)

$pid = run('cmd /c powershell "' & "$ping=ping google.ie ; $ping -split '(time=\d+ms)' -split '(Lost = \d \(\d% loss\))' -split '(Average = \d+ms)' | select-string -Pattern time=,Lost,Average" , "" , @SW_HIDE , 0x2)

$out = ""

Do
    $out &= StdoutRead($pid)
Until @error

consolewrite($out)

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

Why not use the Ping function to do it yourself in the script? No need to waste resources slicing up the output into an array and sorting it out before processing:

Global Const $HOST = "example.com"
Global Const $COUNT = 4
Example()

Func Example()
    Local $iLost = 0
    Local $iCounter = 0
    Do
        Ping($HOST)
        If @error Then $iLost += 1
        $iCounter += 1
    Until $iCounter = $COUNT
    Local $sMsg = StringFormat("Sent %i packets and recieved %i packets (%i lost)", $iCounter, $iCounter - $iLost, $iLost)
    ConsoleLog($sMsg & @CRLF)
EndFunc

Should work just as well :)

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Spoiler

My contributions to the AutoIt Community

If I have hurt or offended you in anyway, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to do that to anybody!!!

3fHNZJ.gif

PLEASE JOIN ##AutoIt AND HELP THE IRC AUTOIT COMMUNITY!

9 hours ago, Malkey said:

@JLogan3o13

Its now 9:30am here in Toowoomba. Last time I looked at this thread last night, there hadn't been a reply to my post.
Thanks for your reply. It is probably a better explanation than I would have provided.

@Malkey, Every explanation is worthy of listening. It doesn't hurt if you explained it another way :)

6 hours ago, iamtheky said:

The OP uses sort/extract rather interchangably, so i took a different approach in efforts of the latter.  I needed to keep my CLI skills sharp :)

$pid = run('cmd /c powershell "' & "$ping=ping google.ie ; $ping -split '(time=\d+ms)' -split '(Lost = \d \(\d% loss\))' -split '(Average = \d+ms)' | select-string -Pattern time=,Lost,Average" , "" , @SW_HIDE , 0x2)

$out = ""

Do
    $out &= StdoutRead($pid)
Until @error

consolewrite($out)

@iamtheky, thank you for your contribution to this thread. I will see how the first method works and if it doesn't suit me, I will take a look at this. Thank you anyways. :)

5 hours ago, TheDcoder said:

Why not use the Ping function to do it yourself in the script? No need to waste resources slicing up the output into an array and sorting it out before processing:

Global Const $HOST = "example.com"
Global Const $COUNT = 4
Example()

Func Example()
    Local $iLost = 0
    Local $iCounter = 0
    Do
        Ping($HOST)
        If @error Then $iLost += 1
        $iCounter += 1
    Until $iCounter = $COUNT
    Local $sMsg = StringFormat("Sent %i packets and recieved %i packets (%i lost)", $iCounter, $iCounter - $iLost, $iLost)
    ConsoleLog($sMsg & @CRLF)
EndFunc

Should work just as well :)

@TheDcoder, I opted in for the CMD option just because it's much simpler for me to get my head around it. I'm fairly new so I wouldn't know how half of the functions do in a code you would just give me. I prefer to "slice up the output", because I want to learn what happens and hopefully go without bothering you guys. Arrays for me are a complicated thing, I will need to study a bit more of AutoIT arrays in order to understand anything that is happening within the code and the program itself. Thank you for your response though, I will check it all out.

Thank you to everybody that contributed to this thread yet again. This is a fantastic community!

Kind Regards,

Supra

@supraaxdd

Luckely, @TheDcoder has made a wonderful explanation about arrays which you can find here :)

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

Thoughts:

• I will always thank you for the time you spent for me.
    I'm here to ask, and from your response, I'd like to learn.
    By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

@supraaxdd

You're welcome :)

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

Thoughts:

• I will always thank you for the time you spent for me.
    I'm here to ask, and from your response, I'd like to learn.
    By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

6 hours ago, supraaxdd said:

I opted in for the CMD option just because it's much simpler for me to get my head around it.

It is easier than it seems, if you break my script into bits, it is very easy to understand.

The core of the code is the Ping function, which works on a simple concept, you give it a website and it will return you the time it took for the ping to go back and forth... if it fails, it sets the @error macro to something which is not zero (values are documented in helpfile).

Based on that information you can build your logic! You can have a loop and a variable to count the number of pings which have failed (lost), at the end of the loop you compare the total amount of times you pinged and the number of pings you lost to get the quality of the connection :D

Much simpler and easier... and doesn't require arrays at all! If I am understanding correctly, you want to measure the packet loss:

On 5/3/2019 at 11:40 PM, supraaxdd said:

I wanted to test packet loss

Which is not really directly related to sorting an array filled with string values... you have made the task complex for your own sake in my opinion. This is commonly referred to as the XY problem ;)

I recommend you try use the Ping function first, as it is the most efficient and objectively the correct way to do it in AutoIt :)

Feel free to ask questions, we are happy to answer them and don't see them as a burden which bothers us.

Spoiler

If I have hurt or offended you in anyway, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to do that to anybody!!!

3fHNZJ.gif

1 hour ago, TheDcoder said:

Much simpler and easier... and doesn't require arrays at all!

That being said, would I be correct in any way that if I use the Ping function already supplied in AutoIT, it already measures packet loss, but I just need to find the correct way and structure of code to read it?

I recommend you try use the Ping function first, as it is the most efficient and objectively the correct way to do it in AutoIt

I already done so and it is working efficiently. If you want to see what I have done, please contact me, I can show you the code or .exe that I have so far. This question is also the reason I asked the question above.

Feel free to ask questions, we are happy to answer them and don't see them as a burden which bothers us.

Good to know that the community looks out for each other :)

Looking forward to your response.

Kind Regards,

Supra

10 hours ago, supraaxdd said:

That being said, would I be correct in any way that if I use the Ping function already supplied in AutoIT, it already measures packet loss, but I just need to find the correct way and structure of code to read it?

Yes, absolutely. That is what I have demonstrated in my example :)

10 hours ago, supraaxdd said:

I already done so and it is working efficiently. If you want to see what I have done, please contact me, I can show you the code or .exe that I have so far. This question is also the reason I asked the question above. 

Not sure I understand the reason as you have explained... Maybe you are confusing the ping command with AutoIt's inbuilt Ping function?

If you are already using AutoIt's Ping function then that is great, but I am afraid in that case I am not sure why you want to take output from the ping command and sort it.

Spoiler

3fHNZJ.gif

6 hours ago, TheDcoder said:

Maybe you are confusing the ping command with AutoIt's inbuilt Ping function?

In the code, I used AutoIT's inbuilt function. My question was if that that inbuilt function had packet loss already. When I said "already supplied with AutoIT", I meant the inbuilt function, I just didn't know how to frase the question. My bad, sorry. :)

6 hours ago, TheDcoder said:

Yes, absolutely. That is what I have demonstrated in my example :) 

I will take a closer look at that function. Thanks for supplying me with the code.

Kind Regards,

Supra

7 hours ago, supraaxdd said:

My question was if that that inbuilt function had packet loss already. When I said "already supplied with AutoIT", I meant the inbuilt function, I just didn't know how to frase the question. My bad, sorry. :)

No worries, it would have helped if you had asked this directly though :D

Allow me to explain, "packet loss" is simply the number of ping requests (packets) which fail.

So if you send 10 pings (10 packets), and 3 of them fail (no response or network error etc.), then you say that the packet loss is 3/10 (or 30%)

Packet loss is not a seperate fancy feature that needs to be implemented... if you can ping, you can also measure the packet loss ;)

Spoiler

3fHNZJ.gif

14 hours ago, TheDcoder said:

No worries, it would have helped if you had asked this directly though :D

Allow me to explain, "packet loss" is simply the number of ping requests (packets) which fail.

So if you send 10 pings (10 packets), and 3 of them fail (no response or network error etc.), then you say that the packet loss is 3/10 (or 30%)

Packet loss is not a seperate fancy feature that needs to be implemented... if you can ping, you can also measure the packet loss ;)

Makes sense. The fact that I am new, might be an obstacle but I'll figure it out eventually. What I realised is that when I program more, I tend to think more logically.

Thank you for your explanations and have a good day!

Kind Regards,

Supra

@supraaxdd Good luck! I was the same and I learned to think more logically as I programmed for longer, I guess everyone goes through that at some point in their life :)

Spoiler

3fHNZJ.gif

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By uncommon
      So I have been reading on how to use OAuth2 Service accounts(https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/OAuth2ServiceAccount) and ran into an issue with autoit I can not solve. To keep this short to communicate to the Google API I need to use a JSON Web signature containing
      {Base64url encoded header}.{Base64url encoded claim set}.

The Header and claim set work fine but I do not know how to convert them to a byte array using autoit. I have looked around on the forums and website but have not found anything that seems to work. Here is my code.
      #include-once #include <Array.au3> #include <Constants.au3> #include <Debug.au3> #include <File.au3> #include "Json.au3" #include <Process.au3> #include <ProgressConstants.au3> #include <String.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include "WinHttp.au3" #include <UnixTime.au3> #include <StringConstants.au3> Global $UnixTime = _TimeGetStamp() $sJWTheader = '{"alg":"RS256","typ":"JWT"}' $sJWTclaimset = '{"iss":"Removed@forprivacy.com","scope":"https://www.googleapis.com/auth/spreadsheets","aud":"https://www.googleapis.com/oauth2/v4/token","exp":' & $UnixTime + 3600 & ',"iat":' & $UnixTime & '}' Local $taiData = DllStructCreate("BYTE[256]") Local $sText = _base64($sJWTheader)&'.'&_base64($sJWTclaimset) DllStructSetData($taiData, 1, StringToBinary($sText, 4)) Local $bvResult = DllStructGetData($taiData, 1) $sJWTSigature = $bvResult $sJWT = _base64($sJWTheader)&'.'&_base64($sJWTclaimset)&'.'&_base64($sJWTSigature) $POSTHeader = "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" $hOpen = _WinHttpOpen() $hConnect = _WinHttpConnect($hOpen, "https://www.googleapis.com/") $sRead = _WinHttpSimpleSSLRequest($hConnect, "POST", "oauth2/v4/token", Default, "grant_type=urn%3Aietf%3Aparams%3Aoauth%3Agrant-type%3Ajwt-bearer&assertion=" & $sJWT) _WinHttpCloseHandle($hConnect) _WinHttpCloseHandle($hOpen) ConsoleWrite($sRead & @LF) The whole bytes thing is beyond with what I know about auotit. I can't tell what I need to fix.

• By JackER4565
      Hi, first of all thanks to all the guys who always help people in the forums, I wouldn't be able to do anything if wasn't for your help, even if I don't ask it myself.

I've created this code to get some info on a monitoring network on my work. It relays on _IETableGetCollection and _IETableWriteToArray.
      It works well, but take around 3:25 minutes to get the info from 28 pages (some of them are large and take longer to load, but most of them are small and fast).
      My question is if you see a way to get the program to go faster...

I've tried to make it easy for you to understand and edited somethings with sensitive info.
      (Some of the pages doesn't have the black divider with MIRA in the end, so I need to search if it is there or not.)

#include <IE.au3> #include <array.au3> Local $oIE = _IECreate("about:blank", 0, 0) Local $paginas[28] = [89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 96, 105, 113, 119, 125, 126, 129, 131, 133, 135, 137, 139, 140, 141, 144, 145, 146, 148, 149, 150, 151, 158, 159] Local $Datos_array[0][2] Local $oTable Local $tabla Local $aux_x = 1 Local $ar = 1 Local $Numtables_datos = 0 MsgBox(0, "asd", "asd") For $pag = 0 To UBound($paginas) - 1 Step 1 _IENavigate($oIE, "<WEBSITE URL>" & $paginas[$pag]) ; <<< the pages to load are always the same except for the last digits. _ArrayAdd($Datos_array, $paginas[$pag] & "|" & "Entrante", 0, "|") ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< adds the page number toarray [0, 0] ;############################################ START counts amount of tables with traffic $oTable = _IETableGetCollection($oIE) Local $iNumTables = @extended For $i = 3 To $iNumTables - 2 Step 1 $oTable = _IETableGetCollection($oIE, $i) $nomb_tabla2 = _IETableWriteToArray($oTable) ; <<<<<<<< TABLE TO ARRAY. $string2 = StringStripWS($nomb_tabla2[1][0], 8) If $string2 <> "MIRA" Then $Numtables_datos = $Numtables_datos + 1 Next $tabla_End = $iNumTables - $Numtables_datos ;############################################ FIN $tabla_Start = 4 $tabla_trafico = 2 For $for = 1 To $Numtables_datos Step 1 $oTable = _IETableGetCollection($oIE, $tabla_Start - 1) ; <<<<<<<<<<< NAME OF THE TABLE; row2 = mira $nomb_tabla = _IETableWriteToArray($oTable) ; <<<<<<<< TABLE TO ARRAY ;########################################### ADDS the traffic number into the row $string = StringStripWS($nomb_tabla[1][0], 8) If $string == "MIRA" Then ;si o si pasa por aca 1 vez _ArrayAdd($Datos_array, $nomb_tabla[0][0]) $nomb_aux = $nomb_tabla[0][0] $aux_x = 1 $tabla_trafico = $tabla_trafico + 2 Else ;esto deberia ser por row _ArrayAdd($Datos_array, $nomb_aux & " " & $aux_x) $aux_x = $aux_x + 1 $tabla_trafico = $tabla_trafico + 1 EndIf $oTable = _IETableGetCollection($oIE, $tabla_trafico) Local $aTableData = _IETableWriteToArray($oTable) $bps = _ArrayToString($aTableData, "|", 0, 0, @CRLF, 0, 0) $bps = StringRight($bps, 5) $bps = StringLeft($bps, 4) $trafico_actual = _ArrayToString($aTableData, "|", 0, 0, @CRLF, 2, 2) If $bps == "Gbps" Then $trafico_actual = $trafico_actual * 1000 If $bps == "Kbps" Then $trafico_actual = $trafico_actual / 1000 $Datos_array[$ar][1] = $trafico_actual $ar = $ar + 1 If $string == "MIRA" Then $tabla_Start = $tabla_Start + 2 Else $tabla_Start = $tabla_Start + 1 EndIf Next $ar = $ar + 1 ;~ ############# CAÍDA ############ ;~ If $actual_entrante = 0 Then ;~ $xxx = 0 ;~ Do ;~ MsgBox(0, "Tráfico Caído", $paginas[$i], 5) ;~ $xxx = $xxx + 1 ;~ Until $xxx = 10 ;~ EndIf ;~ ############# CAÍDA ############. Local $Numtables_datos = 0 Next _ArrayDisplay($Datos_array, "Array display") _IEQuit($oIE) Thanks!! 

monitoria.html
    • By Malkey
      The _ArraySortc() function
      _ArraySortC(ByRef $aArray, $iDescending = 0, $iStart = 0, $iEnd = 0, $iSubItem = 0, $iPivot = 0, $iCase = 0, $iNumericalSort = 0)
      The _ArraySort() function from AutoIt's Array.au3 UDF include file is downwardly compatible with the _ArraySortc() function which is in the updated ArrayMultiSortCase.au3 UDF of post #1. In fact, the _ArraySortc() function is a modified version of the _ArraySort() function that gives access to optional numeric sorting and\or case sensitive sorting if needed.
      The _ArraySortInOrder() function
      _ArraySortInOrder(ByRef $array, $sSortingOrder, $iDescending = 0, $iStartRow = 0, $iEndRow = 0, $iSubItem = 0, $iPivot = 0, $iCase = 0, $iNumericalSort = 0)
      The _ArraySortInOrder() function is an updated, better version from here.    The update fixes a bug when zero is sorted and is made similar to (and uses) the new _ArraySortc() function. The added $sSortingOrder parameter in _ArraySortInOrder() is the only additional difference when compared to the _ArraySortc() function's parameters.  The $sSortingOrder parameter contains the sorting string. The ascending order is the individual characters from left to right in the sorting order string.   Descending order is the $sSortingOrder string from right to left.
      The _ArrayMultiSort() function
      _ArrayMultiSort(ByRef $aArray, $sSort = '0a', $iStartRow = 0, $iEndRow = 0)
      _ArraySortc() and _ArraySortInOrder() are the two sorting functions used in the _ArrayMultiSort() function. 
      The $sSort parameter is a string that contains comma separated column descriptors.  The sorting order of the columns is the numeric value in each column descriptor from left to right. For other characters in each column descriptor see _ArrayMultiSort() function's header in the ArrayMultiSortCase.au3 UDF, and comments in the examples. 

Here is the UDF containing the functions used to sort arrays with case sensitivity, forced numeric sorting, and specified ordered sorting.
      ArrayMultiSortCase.au3
      #include-once ; https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/198148-_arraymultisort-sort-multiple-columns-with-case-sensitivity/ ; File Name: #include <ArrayMultiSortCase.au3> ;#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w- 7 ; #INCLUDES# ========================================================================================================= #include <Array.au3> ; =============================================================================================================================== ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name...........: _ArrayMultiSort ; Description ...: Sort a 1D or, sort a 2D array with the ability to specify which columns to sort and which direction to sort for each column. ; Syntax.........: _ArrayMultiSort(ByRef $avArray[, $sSort = '0a'[, $iStartRow = 0[, $iEndRow = 0]]]) ; Parameters ....: $avArray - Array to sort ; $sSort - [optional] The default setting only sorts the first column, column 0, in ascending order. Otherwise, $sSort is ; a string made up of comma separated column descriptors which contains a column number, sort direction, case ; sensitivity, and make string numbers numeric, for that column. Each column descriptor shows the sort order of ; columns of the array from left to right. ; These 4 fields can be in any order in the column descriptor:- ; 1/ "0" or "1" etc - The column number(0 1 2 ...) - Col#0 is the first column - zero-based; ; 2/ "a" - Ascending order (Without "a" or "d" default is "a"); or, ; "d" - Descending order; And, ; 3/ "c" - sort that column with case sensitivity - Ascending (0-9,A-Z,a-z,Ordered sorting) or, ; Without "c" present, that column is sorted with case insensitivity (default). ; Sorting with case insensitivity - Ascending (Ordered sorting,9-0,Aa-Zz) ; 4/ "n" - Force sorting all digits present in that column numerically. ; Without "n" and digits that are stored as a string will be sorted alphabetically. ; Digits stored as numbers will automatically be sorted numerically in that column. ; 5/ "(Characters used in sorting order)" - A string of characters contained within brckets that give the ; ascending sorting order ; Within the column descriptors, spaces are optional; and, ; Upper or lower case column descriptors, "CAD" or "cad", are recognized as the same - use either (except within the sorting order string). ; Examples of the $sSort variable:- ; "3 ac, ND2, 0n(bac), d1" -> First sort col#3 (case sensitive, ascending, digits as strings sorted alphabetically[default]). ; Secondly sort col#2 (case insensitive, descending, digits sorted numerically.). ; Thirdly sort col#0 (case insensitive[default], ascending[default], digits sorted numerically, ; sort the characters between the brackets, "bac" in this column in the order "b then "a" then "c"). ; Lastly sort col#1 (case insensitive[default], descending, digits as strings ; sorted alphabetically[default]). ; "0" or "" -> Sort col#0 (case insensitive[default], ascending[default], digits as strings ; sorted alphabetically[default]) ; See https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/198148-_arraysort-_arraymultisort-with-case-sensitivity/?do=findComment&comment=1422656 ; $iStartRow - [optional] Row index of array to start sorting at. ; $iEndRow - [optional] Row index of array to stop sorting at. ; Return values .: Success - 1 ; Failure - 0, @error set to the same as returned from _ArraySort() function. (See _ArraySort in AutoIt help file) ; Author ........: Malkey ; Modified.......: ; Remarks .......: Updated version from https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/166426-_filelisttoarray-sorting/?do=findComment&comment=1216234 ; This function requires the __TestExp function, and #Include <Array.au3> and the case sensitive versions of _ArraySort, ; __ArrayQuickSort1D, and __ArrayQuickSort2D. ; Related .......: ; Link ..........: ; Example .......: Yes ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _ArrayMultiSort(ByRef $aArray, $sSort = '0a', $iStartRow = 0, $iEndRow = 0) Local $iCol1, $Dir, $iLastRow, $iStart, $iRetV, $iEnd, $Err, $aSort2D[0][3] ;------------ $sSort (string) to $aSort2D (array) ----------- Local $aTempSort = StringSplit($sSort, ",", 2) ; $STR_NOCOUNT (2) Local $aSort2D[UBound($aTempSort)][5] For $i = 0 To UBound($aTempSort) - 1 $aSort2D[$i][4] = StringRegExp($aTempSort[$i], "\(.+?\)") ? StringRegExpReplace($aTempSort[$i], "^.*\(([^\)]+?)\).*$", "$1") : 0 ; Sorting to order $aTempSort[$i] = StringRegExpReplace($aTempSort[$i], "(\([^\)]+?\))", "") $aSort2D[$i][0] = StringInStr($aTempSort[$i], "c") ? 1 : 0 ; Case sensitivity $aSort2D[$i][1] = StringRegExp($aTempSort[$i], "\d+") ? StringRegExp($aTempSort[$i], "\d+", 1)[0] : 0 ; Column number $aSort2D[$i][2] = StringInStr($aTempSort[$i], "d") ? 1 : 0 ; Ascending/Decending sort order $aSort2D[$i][3] = StringInStr($aTempSort[$i], "n") ? 1 : 0 ; Numeric sorting Next ;_ArrayDisplay($aSort2D, "New method", "", 0, Default, "Case|Col#|Asc/Desc|Numeric|Sorting Order") ; ------------------------------------------------------------ If $iEndRow = 0 Or ($iEndRow > (UBound($aArray) - 1)) Then $iLastRow = UBound($aArray) - 1 $iStart = -1 $iEnd = -1 ; Sort the first column to be sorted. If IsString($aSort2D[0][4]) Then _ArraySortInOrder($aArray, $aSort2D[0][4], $aSort2D[0][2], $iStartRow, $iLastRow, Number($aSort2D[0][1]), 0, $aSort2D[0][0], $aSort2D[0][3]) Else _ArraySortC($aArray, $aSort2D[0][2], $iStartRow, $iLastRow, Number($aSort2D[0][1]), 0, $aSort2D[0][0], $aSort2D[0][3]) ; Sort on the first column (stored in $aSort2D[0][1]) EndIf ; Sort all remaining columns. For $j = 1 To UBound($aSort2D) - 1 ; For each group of equal values in the previous sorted column, sort the present column values on the same rows of each group. $iStart = -1 For $i = $iStartRow To $iLastRow Switch $i Case $iStartRow If $i <> $iLastRow Then If __TestExp($aArray, $aSort2D, $i, $j) Then $iStart = $i + 1 $iEnd = $i + 1 Else $iStart = $i $iEnd = $i + 1 EndIf EndIf Case $iLastRow $iEnd = $iLastRow If $iStart <> $iEnd Then If IsString($aSort2D[$j][4]) Then _ArraySortInOrder($aArray, $aSort2D[$j][4], $aSort2D[$j][2], $iStart, $iEnd, Number($aSort2D[$j][1]), 0, $aSort2D[$j][0], $aSort2D[$j][3]) Else _ArraySortC($aArray, $aSort2D[$j][2], $iStart, $iEnd, Number($aSort2D[$j][1]), 0, $aSort2D[$j][0], $aSort2D[$j][3]) EndIf EndIf Case Else If __TestExp($aArray, $aSort2D, $i, $j) Then $iEnd = $i If $iStart <> $iEnd Then If IsString($aSort2D[$j][4]) Then _ArraySortInOrder($aArray, $aSort2D[$j][4], $aSort2D[$j][2], $iStart, $iEnd, Number($aSort2D[$j][1]), 0, $aSort2D[$j][0], $aSort2D[$j][3]) Else _ArraySortC($aArray, $aSort2D[$j][2], $iStart, $iEnd, Number($aSort2D[$j][1]), 0, $aSort2D[$j][0], $aSort2D[$j][3]) EndIf EndIf $iStart = $i + 1 $iEnd = $iStart Else $iEnd = $i EndIf EndSwitch Next Next Return SetError($Err, 0, $iRetV) EndFunc ;==>_ArrayMultiSort ; #INTERNAL_USE_ONLY# =========================================================================================================== ; Name...........: __TestExp ; Description ...: Creates and tests a test expression. Internally used function by the _ArrayMultiSort() function ; Syntax.........: __TestExp($aA, $aC, $k, $m) ; Parameters ....: $aA - The 2D array to be sorted. ; $aC - A 2D array containing to column sorting order and each column's direction of sorting.(See Modified note) ; $k - The array's row index of the data being sorted. ; $m - The array's row index of the current column being sorted ; Return values .: 1 - When any of the created test expressions are true; or, ; 0 - When all of the created test expressions are false. ; Author ........: Malkey ; Modified.......: Malkey 2019/3/9 Array $aC is now [n][3] where [n][0] is case sensitivity; [n][1] is Column#; [n][2] is sort asc or desc. ; Remarks .......: This function is used internally by the _ArrayMultiSort function. The created expression tests the particular ; row, $k, of the test data, for each previously sorted column, $m -1, wheather the value in that column, $aA[$k][$aC[$w][1]], ; is not equal to the next value in that same column, $aA[$k + 1][$aC[$w][1]], where $aC[$w][1] contains the previously sorted column number. ; =============================================================================================================================== Func __TestExp(ByRef $aA, ByRef $aC, $k, $m) For $w = 0 To $m - 1 If ($aA[$k + 1][$aC[$w][1]]) <> ($aA[$k][$aC[$w][1]]) Then ; Like an "Or" join statements. If just one of the expressions in the For-Next loop is true, then function returns "1" (True). Return 1 EndIf Next Return 0 EndFunc ;==>__TestExp ; Description - This function sorts a 1D or 2D array, $array, in the order of the characters listed in a given string, $sSortingOrder. ; Parameters: ; $array - A 1D or 2D array to be sorted. ; $sSortingOrder - A string containing characters giving the ascending sorting order (left to right) of the same characters which appear in the array. ; $iDescending, $iStartRow, $iEndRow, $iSubItem, $iPivot - are the same parameters as in _ArraySort(), AutoIt's UDF function. ; $iCase - 0 (default) Upper and lower case are treated as the same. ; - 1 Upper and lower case are sorted separately. ; $iNumericalSort - 0 (default) If the number elements of an array are strings, these numbers are sorted alphabetically (lexicographically). ; Where one one, "11", is less than two, "2". ; - 1 Sorted in numerical order. Where two, 2, is less than eleven, 11. ; Requirement: #include <Array.au3> ; Returns: A sorted array. ; Remarks: Updated version from https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/129312-an-array-or-string-sort-in-a-specific-order/ ; Func _ArraySortInOrder(ByRef $array, $sSortingOrder, $iDescending = 0, $iStartRow = 0, $iEndRow = 0, $iSubItem = 0, $iPivot = 0, $iCase = 0, $iNumericalSort = 0) Local $aOrder = StringSplit($sSortingOrder, "", 2) If $iEndRow = 0 Then $iEndRow = UBound($array) - 1 Switch UBound($array, 0) Case 1 ; --- Convert all characters in each element of $array, into an padded index number of the same character of the $sSortingOrder array, $aOrder. --- For $i = $iStartRow To $iEndRow $aItem = StringSplit($array[$i], "", 2) For $j = 0 To UBound($aItem) - 1 $iIndex = StringInStr($sSortingOrder, $aItem[$j], 1) If $iIndex Then $array[$i] = StringRegExpReplace($array[$i], "(?<!~)\Q" & $aItem[$j] & "\E(?!#>)", "~" & StringRight("00" & ($iIndex - 1), 3) & "#>") Next Next ; ------- Sort modified array, $array. ---------- _ArraySortC($array, $iDescending, $iStartRow, $iEndRow, $iSubItem, $iPivot, $iCase, $iNumericalSort) ;_ArrayDisplay($array, "Sorted 1D Array") ; ------- Convert back to original characters -------- For $i = $iStartRow To $iEndRow $array[$i] = Execute('"' & StringRegExpReplace($array[$i], "~(\d{3})#>", '"&$aOrder[$1]&"') & '"') Next Case 2 ; --- Convert all characters in each element of the selected column of the $array, into an padded index number of the same character of the $sSortingOrder array, $aOrder. --- For $i = $iStartRow To $iEndRow $aItem = StringSplit($array[$i][$iSubItem], "", 2) For $j = 0 To UBound($aItem) - 1 $iIndex = StringInStr($sSortingOrder, $aItem[$j], 1) If $iIndex Then $array[$i][$iSubItem] = StringRegExpReplace($array[$i][$iSubItem], "(?<!~)\Q" & $aItem[$j] & "\E(?!\d{0,2}#>)", "~" & StringRight("00" & ($iIndex - 1), 3) & "#>") Next Next ; ------- Sort modified array, $array on selected column. ---------- _ArraySortC($array, $iDescending, $iStartRow, $iEndRow, $iSubItem, $iPivot, $iCase, $iNumericalSort) ;_ArrayDisplay($array, "Sorted 2D Array") ; ------- Convert back to original characters -------- For $i = $iStartRow To $iEndRow $array[$i][2] = Execute('"' & StringRegExpReplace($array[$i][2], "~(\d{3})#>", '"&$aOrder[$1]&"') & '"') Next EndSwitch EndFunc ;==>_ArraySortInOrder ; xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; =============================================================================================== ; The following three function, ; _ArraySortC, __ArrayQuickSort1DC, and __ArrayQuickSort2DC are modied copies of the functions, ; _ArraySort, __ArrayQuickSort1D, and __ArrayQuickSort2D from the Array.au3 include file. ; The modifications allow optiomal case sensitive sorting and optional numeric sorting of arrays. ; _ArraySortC is compatiable with _ArraySort when not using the optional parameters for case ; sensitivity and numeric sorting in the _ArraySortC function. ; =============================================================================================== ; xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Author ........: Jos ; Modified.......: LazyCoder - added $iSubItem option; Tylo - implemented stable QuickSort algo; Jos - changed logic to correctly Sort arrays with mixed Values and Strings; Melba23 - implemented stable pivot algo; Malkey - added optional case sensitive & optional numeric sorting. ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _ArraySortC(ByRef $aArray, $iDescending = 0, $iStart = 0, $iEnd = 0, $iSubItem = 0, $iPivot = 0, $iCase = 0, $iNumericalSort = 0) If $iDescending = Default Then $iDescending = 0 If $iStart = Default Then $iStart = 0 If $iEnd = Default Then $iEnd = 0 If $iSubItem = Default Then $iSubItem = 0 If $iPivot = Default Then $iPivot = 0 If $iCase = Default Then $iCase = 0 If Not IsArray($aArray) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) Local $iUBound = UBound($aArray) - 1 If $iUBound = -1 Then Return SetError(5, 0, 0) ; Bounds checking If $iEnd = Default Then $iEnd = 0 If $iEnd < 1 Or $iEnd > $iUBound Or $iEnd = Default Then $iEnd = $iUBound If $iStart < 0 Or $iStart = Default Then $iStart = 0 If $iStart > $iEnd Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0) ; Sort Switch UBound($aArray, $UBOUND_DIMENSIONS) Case 1 If $iNumericalSort Then ; <======== Optional numeric sorting 1D. For $i = $iStart To $iEnd If StringRegExp($aArray[$i], "^[+-]?\d+\.?\d*$") Then $aArray[$i] = Number($aArray[$i]) Next EndIf If $iPivot Then ; Switch algorithms as required __ArrayDualPivotSort($aArray, $iStart, $iEnd) Else __ArrayQuickSort1DC($aArray, $iStart, $iEnd, $iCase) EndIf If $iDescending Then _ArrayReverse($aArray, $iStart, $iEnd) Case 2 If $iNumericalSort Then ; <======== Optional numeric sorting 2D. For $i = $iStart To $iEnd If StringRegExp($aArray[$i][$iSubItem], "^[+-]?\d+\.?\d*$") Then $aArray[$i][$iSubItem] = Number($aArray[$i][$iSubItem]) Next EndIf If $iPivot Then Return SetError(6, 0, 0) ; Error if 2D array and $iPivot Local $iSubMax = UBound($aArray, 2) - 1 ; $UBOUND_COLUMNS (2) If $iSubItem > $iSubMax Then Return SetError(3, 0, 0) If $iDescending Then $iDescending = -1 Else $iDescending = 1 EndIf __ArrayQuickSort2DC($aArray, $iDescending, $iStart, $iEnd, $iSubItem, $iSubMax, $iCase) Case Else Return SetError(4, 0, 0) EndSwitch Return 1 EndFunc ;==>_ArraySortC ; #INTERNAL_USE_ONLY# =========================================================================================================== ; Name...........: __ArrayQuickSort1DC (Appended 'C' for case sensitivity) ; Description ...: Helper function for sorting 1D arrays ; Syntax.........: __ArrayQuickSort1D ( ByRef $aArray, ByRef $iStart, ByRef $iEnd ) ; Parameters ....: $aArray - Array to sort ; $iStart - Index of array to start sorting at ; $iEnd - Index of array to stop sorting at ; Return values .: None ; Author ........: Jos van der Zande, LazyCoder, Tylo, Ultima ; Modified.......: Malkey ; Remarks .......: For Internal Use Only. All StringCompare functions have $iCase parameter added for optional case sensitivity. ; Related .......: ; Link ..........: ; Example .......: ; =============================================================================================================================== Func __ArrayQuickSort1DC(ByRef $aArray, Const ByRef $iStart, Const ByRef $iEnd, Const ByRef $iCase) If $iEnd <= $iStart Then Return Local $vTmp ; InsertionSort (faster for smaller segments) If ($iEnd - $iStart) < 15 Then Local $vCur For $i = $iStart + 1 To $iEnd $vTmp = $aArray[$i] If IsNumber($vTmp) Then For $j = $i - 1 To $iStart Step -1 $vCur = $aArray[$j] ; If $vTmp >= $vCur Then ExitLoop If ($vTmp >= $vCur And IsNumber($vCur)) Or (Not IsNumber($vCur) And StringCompare($vTmp, $vCur, $iCase) >= 0) Then ExitLoop $aArray[$j + 1] = $vCur Next Else For $j = $i - 1 To $iStart Step -1 If (StringCompare($vTmp, $aArray[$j], $iCase) >= 0) Then ExitLoop $aArray[$j + 1] = $aArray[$j] Next EndIf $aArray[$j + 1] = $vTmp Next Return EndIf ; QuickSort Local $L = $iStart, $R = $iEnd, $vPivot = $aArray[Int(($iStart + $iEnd) / 2)], $bNum = IsNumber($vPivot) Do If $bNum Then ; While $aArray[$L] < $vPivot While ($aArray[$L] < $vPivot And IsNumber($aArray[$L])) Or (Not IsNumber($aArray[$L]) And StringCompare($aArray[$L], $vPivot, $iCase) < 0) $L += 1 WEnd ; While $aArray[$R] > $vPivot While ($aArray[$R] > $vPivot And IsNumber($aArray[$R])) Or (Not IsNumber($aArray[$R]) And StringCompare($aArray[$R], $vPivot, $iCase) > 0) $R -= 1 WEnd Else While (StringCompare($aArray[$L], $vPivot, $iCase) < 0) $L += 1 WEnd While (StringCompare($aArray[$R], $vPivot, $iCase) > 0) $R -= 1 WEnd EndIf ; Swap If $L <= $R Then $vTmp = $aArray[$L] $aArray[$L] = $aArray[$R] $aArray[$R] = $vTmp $L += 1 $R -= 1 EndIf Until $L > $R __ArrayQuickSort1DC($aArray, $iStart, $R, $iCase) __ArrayQuickSort1DC($aArray, $L, $iEnd, $iCase) EndFunc ;==>__ArrayQuickSort1DC ; #INTERNAL_USE_ONLY# =========================================================================================================== ; Name...........: __ArrayQuickSort2DC (Appended 'C' for case sensitivity) ; Description ...: Helper function for sorting 2D arrays ; Syntax.........: __ArrayQuickSort2D ( ByRef $aArray, ByRef $iStep, ByRef $iStart, ByRef $iEnd, ByRef $iSubItem, ByRef $iSubMax ) ; Parameters ....: $aArray - Array to sort ; $iStep - Step size (should be 1 to sort ascending, -1 to sort descending!) ; $iStart - Index of array to start sorting at ; $iEnd - Index of array to stop sorting at ; $iSubItem - Sub-index to sort on in 2D arrays ; $iSubMax - Maximum sub-index that array has ; $iCase - ; Return values .: None ; Author ........: Jos van der Zande, LazyCoder, Tylo, Ultima ; Modified.......: Malkey ; Remarks .......: For Internal Use Only. All StringCompare functions have $iCase parameter added for optional case sensitivity. ; Related .......: ; Link ..........: ; Example .......: ; =============================================================================================================================== Func __ArrayQuickSort2DC(ByRef $aArray, Const ByRef $iStep, Const ByRef $iStart, Const ByRef $iEnd, Const ByRef $iSubItem, Const ByRef $iSubMax, Const ByRef $iCase) If $iEnd <= $iStart Then Return ; QuickSort Local $vTmp, $L = $iStart, $R = $iEnd, $vPivot = $aArray[Int(($iStart + $iEnd) / 2)][$iSubItem], $bNum = IsNumber($vPivot) Do If $bNum Then ; While $aArray[$L][$iSubItem] < $vPivot While ($iStep * ($aArray[$L][$iSubItem] - $vPivot) < 0 And IsNumber($aArray[$L][$iSubItem])) Or (Not IsNumber($aArray[$L][$iSubItem]) And $iStep * StringCompare($aArray[$L][$iSubItem], $vPivot, $iCase) < 0) $L += 1 WEnd ; While $aArray[$R][$iSubItem] > $vPivot While ($iStep * ($aArray[$R][$iSubItem] - $vPivot) > 0 And IsNumber($aArray[$R][$iSubItem])) Or (Not IsNumber($aArray[$R][$iSubItem]) And $iStep * StringCompare($aArray[$R][$iSubItem], $vPivot, $iCase) > 0) $R -= 1 WEnd Else While ($iStep * StringCompare($aArray[$L][$iSubItem], $vPivot, $iCase) < 0) $L += 1 WEnd While ($iStep * StringCompare($aArray[$R][$iSubItem], $vPivot, $iCase) > 0) $R -= 1 WEnd EndIf ; Swap If $L <= $R Then For $i = 0 To $iSubMax $vTmp = $aArray[$L][$i] $aArray[$L][$i] = $aArray[$R][$i] $aArray[$R][$i] = $vTmp Next $L += 1 $R -= 1 EndIf Until $L > $R __ArrayQuickSort2DC($aArray, $iStep, $iStart, $R, $iSubItem, $iSubMax, $iCase) __ArrayQuickSort2DC($aArray, $iStep, $L, $iEnd, $iSubItem, $iSubMax, $iCase) EndFunc ;==>__ArrayQuickSort2DC Here are examples.
      #include <ArrayMultiSortCase.au3> ; --------------- Create test data -------------- Global $array[2000][5] = [["Col 0", "Col 1", "Col 2", "Col 3", "Col 4"]] ; For $i = 1 To UBound($array) - 1 $array[$i][0] = (Random(0, 1, 1) ? Chr(Random(97, 99, 1)) : Chr(Random(65, 67, 1))) ; Random lower case and upper case a,b, or, c. $array[$i][1] = (Random(0, 1, 1) ? Chr(Random(97, 99, 1)) : Chr(Random(65, 67, 1))) ; Random lower case and upper case a,b, or, c. $array[$i][2] = String(Random(0, 1, 1) ? Int(Random(0, 2, 1) & Random(0, 3, 1)) : (Random(0, 1, 1) ? Chr(Random(97, 99, 1)) : Chr(Random(65, 67, 1)))) ; Random lower case and upper case a,b, or, c. And random string numbers. $array[$i][3] = String(Random(0, 2, 1) & Random(1, 3, 1)) ; Random string numbers $array[$i][4] = Random(0, 20, 1) ; Random numeric numbers Next ; -----------> End of Create test data ----------- ; ---------------------------------------------------- Examples --------------------------------------------------------------- ; ======== _ArrayMultiSort() - 2D array ========= Local $aArray = $array ; Sort column 0(asc+case sensitive) then column 1(desc+case insensitive), then column 2(asc+case sensitive), ; then column 3(desc+case insensitive, numeric sorting), and lastly column 4(asc+case insensitive). ; _ArrayMultiSort(ByRef $aArray, $sSort = '0a', $iStartRow = 0, $iEndRow = 0) _ArrayMultiSort($aArray, "0a,c1d, 2 an(bacdefghijnmlosprqtuwxyzBA),3n,4d", 1) ; _ArrayDisplay($aArray, "Sorted 0a,1cd,2an(bacdefghijnmlosprqtuwxyzBA),3an,4d") #cs ; Note:- Colunm #0 - 1st sorted, ascending, case insenitive, digits not specifically numberfied. The string digits one one, "11", is smaller than the string digit "2" because of alphabetic sorting. See A's and a's mixed together because of case insenitivity. Colunm #1 - 2nd sorted, descending, case senitive, digits not specifically numberfied. See all c's are followed by all b's. c's and C's are separated because of case senitivity. Colunm #2 - 3rd sorted, ascending, incase insenitive. string digits numberfied. The number 2, is smaller than the number eleven, 11 when numerically sorted. All the characters in the array will be sorted in the ascending order (left to right) same as the characters between the brackets are listed. Colunm #3 - 4th sorted, ascending, case insenitive, numeric sorting of converted string numbers. Colunm #4 - Last sorted,descending, case insenitive, automatic numeric sorting of existing numeric values - No "n" necessary. In _ArrayDisplay, find the same two to four equal numbers in column #3. Note, in the corresponding rows in column #4, these two to four numbers are descending and numerically sorted. #ce ; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ; ======== _ArrayMultiSort() - 1D array ========= Local $aTest[] = [33, "Bmw", "Blue", 3.9, "brown", 11, "Clear", "green", 13, "Gray", -3.5, "gold", 23, "-3.1", "Gold", "3.7", "qqqqq", _ "0", "gray", "2", "ppppp", "3.3", "rrrrr", "3", "Royal", "112", "sssss", "42", "ace", "32", "White", "-112", "Yellow", "5"] ; _ArrayMultiSort(ByRef $aArray, $sSort = '0a', $iStartRow = 0, $iEndRow = 0) _ArrayMultiSort($aTest) _ArrayDisplay($aTest, "Sorted 0a") #cs ; Note:- Colunm #0 - Ascending - The numeric values are sorted numerically from smallest to largest. However, the string numbers are sorted alphabetically and interspersed between the numerically sorted values. And because of case insensitivity, the words starting with "G" and "g" are sorted as though the same letter. #ce ; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ; ======= _ArraySortInOrder() ========= Local $aTest[] = [33, "Bmw", "Blue", 3.9, "brown", 11, "Clear", "green", 13, "Gray", -3.5, "gold", 23, "-3.1", "Gold", "3.7", "qqqqq", _ "0", "gray", "2", "ppppp", "3.3", "rrrrr", "3", "Atlas", "112", "sssss", "42", "ace", "32", "White", "-112", "Yellow", "5", "kind"] ;_ArraySortInOrder(ByRef $array, $sSortingOrder, $iDescending = 0, $iStartRow = 0, $iEndRow = 0, $iSubItem = 0, $iPivot = 0, $iCase = 0, $iNumericalSort = 0) _ArraySortInOrder($aTest, "bacdefghijnmlosprqtuwxyzBA", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1) _ArrayDisplay($aTest, "Ordered sorting & numeric sorting") #cs Note:- Sorting with case sensitivity - Ascending (0-9,A-Z,a-z,Ordered sorting) Sorting with case insensitivity - Ascending (Ordered sorting,9-0,Aa-Zz) Colunm #0 - Case insensitive, Ascending, and Numerically sorted, and Ordered sorting - All numbers are forced to numeric values and sorted numerically from smallest number to largest number. #ce ; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ; ======= _ArraySortc() - numeric sorting ========= Local $aTest[18][2] = [["Color", "#"], ["Black", "a"], ["Blue", "13"], ["white", "23"], ["Brown", "-4.2"], ["Clear", "33"], ["Gold", "43"], ["gold", "53"], _ ["green", "c"], ["Green", "73"], ["brown", "-4.1"], ["Purple", "b"], ["Red", "93"], ["Royal", "+5"], ["Silver", "2"], ["Sky", "12"], ["White", "3"], ["Yellow", "5"]] $aTest1 = $aTest ; _ArraySortC(ByRef $aArray, $iDescending = 0, $iStart = 0, $iEnd = 0, $iSubItem = 0, $iPivot = 0, $iCase = 0, $iNumericalSort = 0) _ArraySortc($aTest1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1) _ArrayDisplay($aTest1, "_ArraySortc()") ; Or ; ======= _ArraySort() - numeric sorting ========= $aTest2 = $aTest ; _ArrayNumbertizeForSort(ByRef $aArray, $iSubItem = 0, $iStart = 0, $iEnd = 0) _ArrayNumbertizeForSort($aTest2, 1, 1, 0) ; For use with current _ArraySort() function to numeric sort. ; _ArraySort ( ByRef $aArray [, $iDescending = 0 [, $iStart = 0 [, $iEnd = 0 [, $iSubItem = 0 [, $iPivot = 0]]]]] ) _ArraySort($aTest2, 0, 1, 0, 1) _ArrayDisplay($aTest2, "_ArrayNumbertizeForSort()") ; _ArrayNumbertizeForSort() used only here, in this above example. (not in UDF) ; $iSubItem [optional] Sub-index to sort on in 2D arrays (default 0 = first column) Func _ArrayNumbertizeForSort(ByRef $aArray, $iSubItem = 0, $iStart = 0, $iEnd = 0) If $iEnd = 0 Then $iEnd = UBound($aArray) - 1 Switch UBound($aArray, 0) Case 1 ; 1D array For $i = $iStart To $iEnd If StringRegExp($aArray[$i], "^[+-]?\d+\.?\d*$") Then $aArray[$i] = Number($aArray[$i]) Next Case 2 ; 2D array For $i = $iStart To $iEnd If StringRegExp($aArray[$i][$iSubItem], "^[+-]?\d+\.?\d*$") Then $aArray[$i][$iSubItem] = Number($aArray[$i][$iSubItem]) Next EndSwitch EndFunc ;==>_ArrayNumbertizeForSort  
    • By TrashBoat
      Im trying to iterate through a 2d array created by 
      ProcessList() function that returns a 2d array containing names and pid's, i wanted to filter through the names and delete entries that have "svchost.exe" and this is how i did it
      Func _Sanitize($array) For $x = 1 To UBound($array) - 1 ConsoleWrite($array[$x][0] & @CRLF) If $array[$x][0] == "svchost.exe" Then _ArrayDelete($array, $x) EndIf Next EndFunc ;==>_Sanitize And i get this error message
      What is wrong?
    • By TheDcoder
      Hello Guys! I wanted to share all my knowledge on arrays! Hope may enjoy the article , Lets start!
      Declaring arrays!
      Declaring arrays is a little different than other variables: 
      ; Rules to follow while declaring arrays: ; ; Rule #1: You must have a declarative keyword like Dim/Global/Local before the declaration unless the array is assigned a value from a functions return (Ex: StringSplit) ; Rule #2: You must declare the number of dimensions but not necessarily the size of the dimension if you are gonna assign the values at the time of declaration. #include <Array.au3> Local $aEmptyArray[0] ; Creates an Array with 0 elements (aka an Empty Array). Local $aArrayWithData[1] = ["Data"] _ArrayDisplay($aEmptyArray) _ArrayDisplay($aArrayWithData) That's it
      Resizing Arrays
      Its easy! Just like declaring an empty array! ReDim is our friend here:
      #include <Array.au3> Local $aArrayWithData[1] = ["Data1"] ReDim $aArrayWithData[2] ; Change the number of elements in the array, I have added an extra element! $aArrayWithData[1] = "Data2" _ArrayDisplay($aArrayWithData) Just make sure that you don't use ReDim too often (especially don't use it in loops!), it can slow down you program.
      Best practice of using "Enum"
      You might be wondering what they might be... Do you know the Const keyword which you use after Global/Local keyword? Global/Local are declarative keywords which are used to declare variables, of course, you would know that already by now , If you check the documentation for Global/Local there is a optional parameter called Const which willl allow you to "create a constant rather than a variable"... Enum is similar to Const, it declares Integers (ONLY Integers):
      Global Enum $ZERO, $ONE, $TWO, $THREE, $FOUR, $FIVE, $SIX, $SEVEN, $EIGHT, $NINE ; And so on... ; $ZERO will evaluate to 0 ; $ONE will evaluate to 1 ; You get the idea :P ; Enum is very useful to declare Constants each containing a number (starting from 0) This script will demonstrate the usefulness and neatness of Enums :
      ; We will create an array which will contain details of the OS Global Enum $ARCH, $TYPE, $LANG, $VERSION, $BUILD, $SERVICE_PACK Global $aOS[6] = [@OSArch, @OSType, @OSLang, @OSVersion, @OSBuild, @OSServicePack] ; Now, if you want to access anything related to the OS, you would do this: ConsoleWrite(@CRLF) ConsoleWrite('+>' & "Architecture: " & $aOS[$ARCH] & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite('+>' & "Type: " & $aOS[$TYPE] & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite('+>' & "Langauge: " & $aOS[$LANG] & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite('+>' & "Version: " & $aOS[$VERSION] & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite('+>' & "Build: " & $aOS[$BUILD] & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite('+>' & "Service Pack: " & $aOS[$SERVICE_PACK] & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(@CRLF) ; Isn't it cool? XD You can use this in your UDF(s) or Program(s), it will look very neat!
      Looping through an Array
      Looping through an array is very easy! . There are 2 ways to loop an array in AutoIt!
      Simple Way:
      ; This is a very basic way to loop through an array ; In this way we use a For...In...Next Loop! Global $aArray[2] = ["Foo", "Bar"] ; Create an array ; This loop will loop 2 times because our $aArray contains 2 elements. For $vElement In $aArray ; $vElement will contain the value of the elements in the $aArray... one element at a time. ConsoleWrite($vElement & @CRLF) ; Prints the element out to the console Next ; And that's it! Advanced Way:
      ; This is an advanced way to loop through an array ; In this way we use a For...To...Next Loop! Global $aArray[4] = ["Foo", "Bar", "Baz", "Quack"] ; Create an array ; This loop will loop 2 times because our $aArray contains 2 elements. For $i = 0 To UBound($aArray) - 1 ; $i is automatically created and is set to zero, UBound($aArray) returns the no. of elements in the $aArray. ConsoleWrite($aArray[$i] & @CRLF) ; Prints the element out to the console. Next ; This is the advanced way, we use $i to access the elements! ; With the advanced method you can also use the Step keyword to increase the offset in each "step" of the loop: ; This will only print every 2nd element starting from 0 ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "Every 2nd element: " & @CRLF) For $i = 0 To UBound($aArray) - 1 Step 2 ConsoleWrite($aArray[$i] & @CRLF) Next ; This will print the elements in reverse order! ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "In reverse: " & @CRLF) For $i = UBound($aArray) - 1 To 0 Step -1 ConsoleWrite($aArray[$i] & @CRLF) Next ; And that ends this section! For some reason, many people use the advance way more than the simple way . For more examples of loops see this post by @FrancescoDiMuro!
      Interpreting Multi-Dimensional Arrays
      Yeah, its the most brain squeezing problem for newbies, Imagining an 3D Array... I will explain it in a very simple way for ya, so stop straining you brain now! . This way will work for any array regardless of its dimensions...
      Ok, Lets start... You can imagine an array as a (data) mine of information:

; Note that: ; Dimension = Level (except the ground level :P) ; Element in a Dimension = Path ; Level 2 ----------\ ; Level 1 -------\ | ; Level 0 ----\ | | ; v v v Local $aArray[2][2][2] ; \-----/ ; | ; v ; Ground Level ; As you can see that $aArray is the Ground Level ; All the elements start after the ground level, i.e from level 0 ; Level 0 Contains 2 different paths ; Level 1 Contains 4 different paths ; Level 2 Contains 8 different paths ; When you want too fill some data in the data mine, ; You can do that like this: $aArray[0][0][0] = 1 $aArray[0][0][1] = 2 $aArray[0][1][0] = 3 $aArray[0][1][1] = 4 $aArray[1][0][0] = 5 $aArray[1][0][1] = 6 $aArray[1][1][0] = 7 $aArray[1][1][1] = 8 ; Don't get confused with the 0s & 1s, Its just tracing the path! ; Try to trace the path of a number with the help of the image! Its super easy! :D I hope you might have understand how an array looks, Mapping your way through is the key in Multi-Dimensional arrays, You take the help of notepad if you want! Don't be shy!
      Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) & Their answers
      Q #1. What are Arrays?
      A. An Array is an datatype of an variable (AutoIt has many datatypes of variables like "strings", "integers" etc. Array is one of them). An Array can store information in a orderly manner. An Array consist of elements, each element can be considered as a variable (and yes, each element has its own datatype!). AutoIt can handle 16,777,216 elements in an Array, If you have an Array with 16,777,217 elements then AutoIt crashes.
      Q #2. Help! I get an error while declaring an Array!?
      A. You tried to declare an array like this:
      $aArray[1] = ["Data"] That is not the right way, Array is a special datatype, since its elements can be considered as individual variables you must have an declarative keyword like Dim/Global/Local before the declaration, So this would work:
      Local $aArray[1] = ["Data"] Q #3. How can I calculate the no. of elements in an array?
      A. The UBound function is your answer, Its what exactly does! If you have an multi-dimensional Array you can calculate the total no. of elements in that dimension by specifying the dimension in the second parameter of UBound
      Q #4. Why is my For...Next loop throwing an error while processing an Array?
      A.  You might have done something like this:
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Local $aArray[10] = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10] Local $iMyNumber = 0 For $i = 0 To UBound($aArray) ; Concentrate here! $iMyNumber += $aArray[$i] Next MsgBox($MB_OK, "Sum of all Numbers!", $iMyNumber) Did you notice the mistake? UBound returns the no. of elements in an array with the index starting from 1! That's right, you need to remove 1 from the total no. of elements in order to process the array because the index of an array starts with 0! So append a simple - 1 to the statment:
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Local $aArray[10] = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10] Local $iMyNumber = 0 For $i = 0 To UBound($aArray) - 1 $iMyNumber += $aArray[$i] Next MsgBox($MB_OK, "Sum of all Numbers!", $iMyNumber) Q #5. Can an Array contain an Array? How do I access an Array within an Array?
      A. Yes! It is possible that an Array can contain another Array! Here is an example of an Array within an Array:
      ; An Array can contain another Array in one of its elements ; Let me show you an example of what I mean ;) #include <Array.au3> Global $aArray[2] $aArray[0] = "Foo" Global $aChildArray[1] = ["Bar"] $aArray[1] = $aChildArray _ArrayDisplay($aArray) ; Did you see that!? The 2nd element is an {Array} :O ; But how do we access it??? ; You almost guessed it, like this: ; Just envolope the element which contains the {Array} (as shown in _ArrayDisplay) with brackets (or parentheses)! :D ConsoleWrite(($aArray[1])[0]) ; NOTE the brackets () around $aArray[1]!!! They are required or you would get an syntax error! ; So this: $aArray[1][0] wont work!  
      More FAQs coming soon!