Peace Equalizer shows power of AutoIt

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to say that even though I no longer need Peace or APO Equalizer, I happily used it without even realizing that it was coded in AutoIt. This is truly a shining example of what can be done with this language!

• 1 month later...

@abberration Thanks. I recognise your username. I can't recall what we've talked about but it must have been important ;) Sorry for the late response.

@jaberwacky Yes, I just like the power and ease of AutoIt.

Creator of the Peace equalizer, an interface for Equalizer APO. Besides Peace, my library of functions is also available on SourceForge.

@PeterVerbeek Congratulations for the great work, is it possible to echo the microphones too?

• 3 weeks later...

@Belini The Peace effects panel has an echo effect which makes it possible to have an echo on an input device like a mic. I've tested it today as I wasn't sure if Equalizer APO has the capability. Fortunately it has.

Creator of the Peace equalizer, an interface for Equalizer APO. Besides Peace, my library of functions is also available on SourceForge.

Fantastic, I have been trying to echo microphones for a long time but I never got this, congratulations on the work.

The problem now is to find within your code the functions that do this, can you point to me where these functions are?

@Belini I guess you needed this for your own AutoIt app. I wasn't aware of that 😳. Peace uses Equalizer APO (Audio Processing Object) which reroutes the audio stream through its own audio processor. Peace produces the proper Equalizer APO command and writes them to a file for Equalizer APO to read and process. So for an echo Peace produces for instance the following commands from the Echo dials on the Effect panel:

Device: all
Copy: C1=C
Copy: RC1=RC
Copy: SUB1=SUB
Copy: L1=L
Copy: R1=R
Copy: SL1=SL
Copy: SR1=SR
Copy: RL1=RL
Copy: RR1=RR
Copy: C2=C
Copy: RC2=RC
Copy: SUB2=SUB
Copy: L2=L
Copy: R2=R
Copy: SL2=SL
Copy: SR2=SR
Copy: RL2=RL
Copy: RR2=RR
Copy: C3=C
Copy: RC3=RC
Copy: SUB3=SUB
Copy: L3=L
Copy: R3=R
Copy: SL3=SL
Copy: SR3=SR
Copy: RL3=RL
Copy: RR3=RR
Channel: C1 RC1 SUB1 L1 R1 SL1 SR1 RL1 RR1
Delay: 500 ms
Channel: C2 RC2 SUB2 L2 R2 SL2 SR2 RL2 RR2
Delay: 1000 ms
Channel: C3 RC3 SUB3 L3 R3 SL3 SR3 RL3 RR3
Delay: 1500 ms
Copy: C=0.7*C+0.575*C1+0.389*C2+0.163*C3
Copy: RC=0.7*RC+0.575*RC1+0.389*RC2+0.163*RC3
Copy: SUB=0.7*SUB+0.575*SUB1+0.389*SUB2+0.163*SUB3
Copy: L=0.7*L+0.575*L1+0.389*L2+0.163*L3
Copy: R=0.7*R+0.575*R1+0.389*R2+0.163*R3
Copy: SL=0.7*SL+0.575*SL1+0.389*SL2+0.163*SL3
Copy: SR=0.7*SR+0.575*SR1+0.389*SR2+0.163*SR3
Copy: RL=0.7*RL+0.575*RL1+0.389*RL2+0.163*RL3
Copy: RR=0.7*RR+0.575*RR1+0.389*RR2+0.163*RR3

Edited by PeterVerbeek

Yes I need it for my own application but I don't know which parts of the Peace Equalizer code I need to copy to put in my Autoit script

Do you want to make your own interface for Equalizer APO? As Peace doesn't process audio, there isn't a function to add echo onto an audio source. But I do have a solution. The Bass.dll library has many audio changing functions. Perhaps an echo function is one of them. I'm using this library to create my own music player (with C#, WPF, .net, etc.).

I just want to echo a karaoke program I developed and I'm going to take a look at the functions of BASS.dll as you suggested.

Take a look at the BASS_ChannelSetFX function which takes a structure called BASS_DX8_ECHO for echoing or another effect structure for effects like flanger and gargle.

As I'm still learning Bass.dll I can't help you much further until I actually have implemented it in my music player,

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...