VeeDub

How to enumerate controls for Dropbox

Hello,

Final post on this topic as I wanted to summarise my findings for anyone who happens to come across this thread in the future.

First, I'd like to thank again all those who provided assistance in various ways.

It is possible to automate the control of Dropbox using UIA, but UIA only works when the console is unlocked.

I then explored a number of avenues to try and control Dropbox via Control_ID (e.g. ControlClick, MouseMove etc.) I was not able to get this fully working with the Desktop unlocked - let alone locked.

After doing some reading, an idea that I came across for this type of scenario, is that you write a separate application to "lock" the desktop. That application doesn't actually lock the desktop, but seeks to emulate a locked desktop so that you have some level of security while UIA applications to operate normally. I just mention this for interest, on balance it's not what I was seeking.

A couple of people mentioned Syncthing as an alternative. Having looked at the FAQ, I'm not comfortable with how moved folders are handled and I would suggest that anyone contemplating using Syncthing review the FAQ. 

FWIW I've had a look at OneDrive. And the OneDrive client can be controlled from the command-line (at least at the time of writing)

OneDrive can be stopped from the command-line by

OneDrive /shutdown

So if I decide to pursue this further then I may switch to using OneDrive

In any event, I guess the take-away whether you use OneDrive, Syncthing or something else is that you need the ability to control the application from the command-line - and using commands that are built-in to the client.

I can tell you from experience that pausing / killing the Dropbox client (which of course does stop it syncing) but then trying to restart the Dropbox client (to resume syncing) doesn't work reliably. It used to, but it doesn't any more. This is what brought me to this point.

HTH

VW

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By nacerbaaziz
      hello sirs, i've created a tool to the blind users, this tool helps the blind to listen to a audio effect when moving between the GUIs controls on they computers
      where this tool can get the class for the current focus control and play a sound from a folder
      i've added all the knowne classes, but i found some problems i hope any one can help me.
      this is the code that i created

#include <WinAPISys.au3> Global $h_CurrentHWNDFocus = "", $h_CurrentControlHWNDFocus = "" AdlibRegister("WindowAudioFocus", 50) Func WindowAudioFocus()     Local $h_NewHWNDFocus = WinGetHandle("[active]", "")     Local $h_NewControlHWNDFocus = ControlGetFocus($h_NewHWNDFocus, "")     If ($h_NewHWNDFocus = $h_CurrentHWNDFocus) And ($h_NewControlHWNDFocus = $h_CurrentControlHWNDFocus) Then Return 0     AdlibUnRegister("WindowAudioFocus")     If Not ($h_NewHWNDFocus = $h_CurrentHWNDFocus) Then         SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\WindowChanged.wav")     Else         Switch _WinAPI_GetClassName(ControlGetHandle($h_NewHWNDFocus, "", $h_NewControlHWNDFocus))             Case "Button", "Start", "TrayButton", "TrayShowDesktopButtonWClass", "sbutton", "CirrussButton", "ODbcButton", "ThunderRTCommandButton", "ThunderSSOption", "ThunderSSCommand", "ThunderCommandButton", "ThunderRT6CommandButton", "ThunderRT5CommandButton", "TButton", "TBitBtn", "TAdvGlowButton", "ButtonWndClass", "afx:0:376:baa946", "_AOL_Button"                 If _IsCheckBox(ControlGetHandle($h_NewHWNDFocus, "", $h_NewControlHWNDFocus)) Then                     SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\checkBox.wav")                 ElseIf _IsRadio(ControlGetHandle($h_NewHWNDFocus, "", $h_NewControlHWNDFocus)) Then                     SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\radio.wav")                 Else                     SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\button.wav")                 EndIf             Case "ComboBox", "ComboBoxEx32", "MSOBALLOONREComboBox20W", "REComboBox20W", "ThunderComboBox", "ThunderDriveListBox", "ThunderRT6ComboBox", "TORComboEdit", "TCombobox", "TComboBoxEx", "TORComboBox", "TColorBox", "TNFComboBox", "Internet Explorer_TridentCmbobx", "ComboWndClass", "_AOL_ComboBox", "ThunderRT5ComboBox", "ComboLBox"                 SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\list.wav")             Case "Edit", "SearchBox", "TChatRichEdit", "_WwN", "_WwO", "RichEdit20A", "RichEdit20WPT", "RICHEDIT60W", "OKttbx", "RichEditA", "ThunderTextBox", "ThunderRT6TextBox", "ThunderRT5TextBox", "TEdit", "TRichEdit", "TRichEditViewer", "TMemo", "TInplaceEditList", "TLabeledEdit", "TMaskEdit", "TDateTimePicker", "TRichEdit", "TCaptionMemo", "TAddictRichEdit", "TCaptionEdit", "RichTextWndClass", "TextWndClass", "PasswordWndClass", "TextAreaWndClass", "MSWorksDoc", "_AOL_Edit", "SysDateTimePick32"                 SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\edit.wav")             Case "ListBox", "ComboLBox", "REListBox20W", "SUPERGRID", "OUTEXVLB", "WMSUIVLB", "SchdmapiVLB", "VLBClass", "ThunderDirListBox", "ThunderFileListBox", "ThunderListBox", "ThunderRT6ListBox", "ThunderRT5ListBox", "TListbox", "TValueListEditor", "TORCalendar", "TColorListBox", "TCheckListBox", "Internet Explorer_TridentLstBox", "ListBoxWndClass", "ListWndClass", "hh_kwd_vlist", "afx:8:376:0:946", "_AOL_ListBox", "_AOL_Tree", ""                 SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\List.wav")             Case "SysListView32", "OpenListView", "wuDuiListView", "ListView20WndClass", "TcxGridSite", "TListView", "TSystemListView", "ListViewWndClass", ""                 SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\ListView.wav")             Case "SysTreeView32", "SearchTreeList", "FeatureTree", "TreeView20WndClass", "TSystemTreeView", "TTreeView", ""                 SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\TreeView.wav")             Case Else                 SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\focus.wav")         EndSwitch     EndIf     $h_CurrentHWNDFocus = $h_NewHWNDFocus     $h_CurrentControlHWNDFocus = $h_NewControlHWNDFocus     AdlibRegister("WindowAudioFocus", 50)     Return 1 EndFunc   ;==>WindowAudioFocus Func _IsCheckBox($ctrl_hwnd)     $Style = _WinAPI_GetWindowLong($ctrl_hwnd, $GWL_STYLE)     Return BitAND($Style, $BS_CHECKBOX) = $BS_CHECKBOX EndFunc   ;==>_IsCheckBox Func _IsRadio($ctrl_hwnd)     $Style = _WinAPI_GetWindowLong($ctrl_hwnd, $GWL_STYLE)     Return BitAND($Style, $BS_AUTORADIOBUTTON) = $BS_AUTORADIOBUTTON EndFunc   ;==>_IsRadio
      what i need from you is :
      play a sound when a menu item focus, that sound named menu.wav
      play a sound named items.wav when the users move on list box items or list view or treeview items or a combobox items
      please if can any one help me i'll very happy
      thanks on advance
    • By rudi
      Hello,
      the following script is running quite nicely for a friend of mine doing a year of work and travel to have a backup at home for all the pics and movies taken with her mobile phone,

The facts:

At home: a VMWARE virtual machine with dropbox installed for her DB account
      On-the-Road: One mobile phone, Camera Uploads are activated for her dropbox account, one Laptop.

The idea is to have a copy of *ALL* pictures and movies taken with the mobile phone *OUTSIDE* the dropbox folder, so that the DB Max Size is never exceeded.
      The script is running at home and doing this:
      Copy all content from the "Camera Upload Folder" within the dropbox folder to some folder *OUTSIDE* the DB folder Move all content from the "Camera Upload Folder" do some other folder *INSIDE* the DB folder to indicate, that the backup copies at home were done successfully  
      Dropbox is also installed on the Laptop she has with her. So on the Laptop she checks from time to time the destination folder inside the dropbox folder and moves the pics / movies on the laptop to some other folder outside the dropbox as well. By that final step the images are moved out of the dropbox on the mobile phone as well, so that there is always space left to sync more pics / movies.

As moving pics / movies out of the dropbox folder on the laptop doesn't touch the copies in the mobile phone's "Gallery", she has all the pics / movies at all three locations:
      Mobile Phone Laptop VM at home  
      The folder names propably are different for non-German localized Windows and Dropbox, just modify them to meet your localization.
      DBox-Sync.au3
    • By timmy2
      I have the impression that the traditional method for processing responses to a GUI is to assign variables to each GUICreateButton (or Pic) and then use Switch/Case/Endswitch to detect when any Control is clicked.  In the tutorials I've seen about Koda it appears to use this method, too.
      While 1 Global $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Pic2 Call("verizon") Case $Pic3 Call("skype") Case $PicExit Exit EndSwitch WEnd But in a few examples I've seen a script use a different method. The script always includes the following option near the top:
      Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ...and then, later, after creating each Control for the GUI, there's the function, GUICtrlSetOnEvent.  In these cases a very simple While/WEnd loop is used to wait for the user to respond. 
      I happened to employ this second method in a recent script where I used "canned" controls (checkbox and buttons). Later in the same script I used the GuiCreatePic and Switch/Case/EndSwitch method because my GUI was all custom images. (I'm not sure if that's necessary, but it's what I've deduced.) The second GUI failed to respond to any mouse clicks, but eventually I figured out the cause was the GUIOnEvenMode being enabled at the top of the script.
      This is when I realized I don't understand the reasoning behind choosing between these two methods. And I'm having no luck phrasing an appropriate search criterion. Is there an overview somewhere that explains the two methods and -- most importantly -- describes when each is appropriate?
    • By guinness
      #include <Array.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> ; Proof of concept for using the control id as an index item for an array. I created back on 8th April 2013. Example() Func Example() ; Create the GUI. Local $iHeight = 400, $iWidth = 400 Local $hGUI = GUICreate('', $iWidth, $iHeight) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) ; Declare variables to be used throughout the example. Local Const $BUTTON_ROWS_COLUMNS = 8 Local Enum $eCTRL_HWND, $eCTRL_VALUE, $eCTRL_MAX Local $aMsg[1][$eCTRL_MAX], _ $iButtonHeight = $iHeight / $BUTTON_ROWS_COLUMNS, _ $iButtonWidth = $iWidth / $BUTTON_ROWS_COLUMNS, _ $iControlID = 0 For $i = 0 To $BUTTON_ROWS_COLUMNS - 1 For $j = 0 To $BUTTON_ROWS_COLUMNS - 1 $iControlID = GUICtrlCreateButton($i & ',' & $j, $i * $iButtonWidth, $j * $iButtonHeight, $iButtonWidth, $iButtonHeight, $BS_CENTER) ; Increase the size of the array if the control id is greater than or equal to the total size of the array. If $iControlID >= UBound($aMsg) Then ReDim $aMsg[Ceiling($iControlID * 1.3)][$eCTRL_MAX] EndIf ; Add to the array. $aMsg[$iControlID][$eCTRL_HWND] = GUICtrlGetHandle($iControlID) $aMsg[$iControlID][$eCTRL_VALUE] = 'Sample string for the control id: ' & $iControlID Next Next ; Clear empty items after the last created control id. ReDim $aMsg[$iControlID + 1][$eCTRL_MAX] ; Display the array created. _ArrayDisplay($aMsg) Local $iMsg = 0 While 1 $iMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $iMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop Case $aMsg[$eCTRL_HWND][$eCTRL_HWND] To UBound($aMsg) ; If $iMsg is greater than 0 and between the 0th index of $aMsg and the last item then display in the console. If $iMsg > 0 Then ConsoleWrite('Control Hwnd: ' & $aMsg[$iMsg][$eCTRL_HWND] & ', ' & $aMsg[$iMsg][$eCTRL_VALUE] & @CRLF) EndIf EndSwitch WEnd GUIDelete($hGUI) EndFunc ;==>Example  
    • By dadalt
      Hi!
      I have a button where I need to close it!
      I was doing through  clicking same position in screen but there are some id's that have different sizes.
      What are the possible ways to click this closable button?
      Is there a way to close it through id? Is there a way to get it's position through it's ID?  
      Thanks in advance!