Hi AutoIt Programmers! :)

I've seen a code that gives Name of Group by writing it's group's SID, but this one response very slower than Windows Command-Line WMIC :(

Func _GetLocalGroupName($sSID = 'S-1-5-18')
    $objWMIService = ObjGet ("winmgmts:\\" & @ComputerName & "\root\cimv2")
    $colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery('SELECT Name FROM Win32_Group where SID="' & $sSID & '"')
    For $GroupNames in $colItems
        MsgBox (0,"",$GroupNames.Name)
        ExitLoop
    Next
EndFunc

I don't want call and use any third-party programs even CMD, i just want use from Windows API, netapi32.dll or AutoIt Functions (Standalone).
Do you have any idea to improve speed/performance of this code? I'll happy of your comments :)

====================== SOLOUTION by @Subz ======================

Edited by Colduction
  • Colduction changed the title to WMI Object low speed
1 hour ago, argumentum said:

Thanks @argumentum, that code is very speedy. i measured and compared that with _GetLocalGroupName()  by calling 500 times and results was amazing!:

#Fastest Function: "netGetJoinInfo"

1) "_GetLocalGroupName" time elapsed: (8836.4114) ms
2) "netGetJoinInfo" time elapsed: (601.2863) ms

But it's not what i want, it's just similar, anyway thanks for your comment :)

Edited by Colduction
  • Colduction changed the title to [SOLVED] WMI Object low speed

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hek
      Hey everyone,
      Was wondering how I would be able to implement this on a local computer instead of using connectserver? 
      Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks. 
    • By genius257
      I've made a library, based on AutoItObject UDF with the goal of implementing getter and setter functionality and make it possible to define new object properties in as few steps as possible.
      Thank you to @trancexx for getting me on the right track, and all users in Hooking into the IDispatch interface for the code to get me going.
      If I've forgotten to add credit, please let me know
      Example:
      #include "AutoItObject_Internal.au3" $myCar = IDispatch() $myCar.make = 'Ford' $myCar.model = 'Mustang' $myCar.year = 1969 $myCar.__defineGetter('DisplayCar', DisplayCar) Func DisplayCar($oThis) Return 'A Beautiful ' & $oThis.parent.year & ' ' & $oThis.parent.make & ' ' & $oThis.parent.model EndFunc MsgBox(0, "", $myCar.DisplayCar) More examples: https://github.com/genius257/AutoItObject-Internal/tree/master/Examples
      Version: 3.0.0
      AutoItObject_Internal.au3
      Documentation
      Edit2 (19th March 2017):
      First of all, sorry about the lack of updates on this project. I always start too many projects and end up ignoring old projects, if I run into problems ^^'.
      So I've started moving my AutoIt scripts to GitHub. I will still post the most recent script version here.
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hello autoit team
      please
      i tried to create a SPVoice object 
      when i create the object and tried to use this function SetAlertBoundary
      it gave me an error
      please where is the problem?
      here is the code
      local $o_Sapi_OBJ = ObjCreate("SAPI.SpVoice") if IsObj($o_Sapi_OBJ) then $o_Sapi_OBJ.SetAlertBoundary("SPEI_PHONEME") endIf note i got the function name from microsoft web site

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/desktop/ms719784(v=vs.85)
      i have windows10
    • By DirtyJohny
      Hi everyone.Need rewrite this function how in еxample.
      Original:
      #RequireAdmin #NoTrayIcon Opt("MustDeclareVars",1) Func _a() Local $sls=ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate," _ &"authenticationLevel=Pkt}!\\"& _ @ComputerName&'\root\wmi'),$lss=$sls.ExecQuery _ ('SELECT * FROM WmiMonitorID'), _ $lll,$sll,$sss="",$lsl,$lls,$i,$z For $z In $lss $lsl=$z.UserFriendlyName For $i=0 To Ubound($lsl)-1 if ($lsl[$i]) Then $lll&=Chr($lsl[$i]) Next $lls=$z.SerialNumberID For $i=0 To Ubound($lls)-1 if ($lls[$i]) Then $sll&=Chr($lls[$i]) Next $sss&="Model"&@TAB&@TAB&": "&$lll&@CR&"Serial Number"&@TAB&": "&$sll&@CR&@CR $lll="" $sll="" Next MsgBox(262144,'Monitors '&$lss.Count,$sss&" "&@CR) $lss=Null $sls=Null EndFunc _a() Example:
      Func _InfoPC() Local $ObjService = ObjGet('winmgmts:{impersonationLevel = impersonate}!\\' & @ComputerName & '\root\cimv2') Local $ObjMB = $ObjService.ExecQuery('SELECT * FROM Win32_BaseBoard', 'WQL', 0x30) If IsObj($ObjService) Then For $objItemMB In $ObjMB $sInfo &= @TAB & 'Motherboard: ...... ' & $objItemMB.Product & @CRLF I'm beginner in this sphere and need  you all speak easy and simply because i'm Russian.Thanks)
    • By jguinch
      Hello.
      I did create these few functions several months ago. I post here, if it can interest someone.
      These functions based on WMI queries allow you to manage printers : add / delete printer, driver, port, or obtain configuration, set default printer ... I let you discover it with the code.

Here is the list of the available functions :
      _Printmgr_AddLocalPort
      _Printmgr_AddLPRPort
      _PrintMgr_AddPrinter
      _PrintMgr_AddPrinterDriver
      _PrintMgr_AddTCPIPPrinterPort
      _PrintMgr_AddWindowsPrinterConnection
      _PrintMgr_CancelAllJobs
      _Printmgr_EnumPorts
      _PrintMgr_EnumPrinter
      _PrintMgr_EnumPrinterConfiguration
      _PrintMgr_EnumPrinterDriver
      _PrintMgr_EnumPrinterProperties
      _PrintMgr_EnumTCPIPPrinterPort
      _Printmgr_Pause
      _Printmgr_PortExists
      _Printmgr_PrinterExists
      _Printmgr_PrinterSetComment
      _Printmgr_PrinterSetDriver
      _Printmgr_PrinterSetPort
      _Printmgr_PrinterShare
      _Printmgr_PrintTestPage
      _PrintMgr_RemoveLocalPort
      _PrintMgr_RemoveLPRPort
      _PrintMgr_RemovePrinter
      _PrintMgr_RemovePrinterDriver
      _PrintMgr_RemoveTCPIPPrinterPort
      _PrintMgr_RenamePrinter
      _Printmgr_Resume
      _PrintMgr_SetDefaultPrinter

And some examples :
      #include <Array.au3> #include "PrintMgr.au3" _Example() Func _Example() ; Remove a printer called "My old Lexmark printer" : _PrintMgr_RemovePrinter("My old Lexmark printer") ; Remove the driver called "Lexmark T640" : _PrintMgr_RemovePrinterDriver("Lexmark T640") ; Remove the TCP/IP printer port called "TCP/IP" _PrintMgr_RemoveTCPIPPrinterPort("MyOLDPrinterPort") ; Add a driver, called "Samsung ML-451x 501x Series", and driver inf file is ".\Samsung5010\sse2m.inf" _PrintMgr_AddPrinterDriver("Samsung ML-451x 501x Series", "Windows NT x86", @ScriptDir & "\Samsung5010", @ScriptDir & "\Samsung5010\sse2m.inf") ; Add a TCP/IP printer port, called "MyTCPIPPrinterPort", with IPAddress = 192.168.1.10 and Port = 9100 _PrintMgr_AddTCPIPPrinterPort("MyTCPIPPrinterPort", "192.168.1.10", 9100) ; Add a printer, give it the name "My Printer", use the driver called "Samsung ML-451x 501x Series" and the port called "MyTCPIPPrinterPort" _PrintMgr_AddPrinter("My Printer", "Samsung ML-451x 501x Series", "MyTCPIPPrinterPort") ; Set the printer called "My Printer" as default printer _PrintMgr_SetDefaultPrinter("My Printer") ; Connect to the shared printer "\\192.168.1.1\HPDeskjetColor") _PrintMgr_AddWindowsPrinterConnection("\\192.168.1.1\HPDeskjetColor") ; List all installed printers Local $aPrinterList = _PrintMgr_EnumPrinter() _ArrayDisplay($aPrinterList) ; List all printers configuration Local $aPrinterConfig = _PrintMgr_EnumPrinterConfiguration() _ArrayDisplay($aPrinterConfig) ; List all installed printer drivers Local $aDriverList = _PrintMgr_EnumPrinterDriver() _ArrayDisplay($aDriverList) ; Retrieve the printer configuration for the printer called "Lexmark T640" $aPrinterConfig = _PrintMgr_EnumPrinterConfiguration("Lexmark T640") _ArrayDisplay($aPrinterConfig) ; Add a local printer port (for a file output) _PrintMgr_AddLocalPort("c:\temp\output.pcl") ; Remove the local port _PrintMgr_RemoveLocalPort("c:\temp\output.pcl") EndFunc ;==>_Example Download link :
      PrintMgr.au3
      PrintMgr_Example.au3