Rajat231

Saving multiple worksheets of a workbook as seperate workbooks

@Rajat231

Could you please post the code instead of attach it? Thanks :)

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

Thoughts:

• I will always thank you for the time you spent for me.
    I'm here to ask, and from your response, I'd like to learn.
    By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

@Rajat231 As with most things AutoIt, there are multiple ways to skin the proverbial cat. For what you're after, you could use a simple for loop. For example, given a workbook with a Sheet for every day of the week Sunday through Saturday, this snippet works just fine.

#include <Excel.au3>

$oExcel = _Excel_Open(False)
$oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, @DesktopDir & "\Days.xlsx")
$aList = _Excel_SheetList($oWorkbook)

For $a = 1 To UBound($aList) - 1
    $newWorkBook = _Excel_BookNew($oExcel, 1)
    _Excel_SheetCopyMove($oWorkbook, $aList[$a][0], $newWorkBook)
    _Excel_BookSaveAs($newWorkBook, @DesktopDir & "\" & $aList[$a][0] & ".xlsx")
    _Excel_BookClose($newWorkBook)
Next

_Excel_BookClose($oWorkbook)
_Excel_Close($oExcel)

You can choose for yourself whether you want to leave as-is, where the sheets are just copied into their own workbooks, or set the last parameter of _Excel_SheetCopyMove to False, so they are actually moved to their own workbooks. Just be aware that if you choose to move them, Excel will not move the last sheet (can't have a workbook with no sheets), so you'll have to add in some logic to simply rename the original workbook once all the other sheets are gone.

Play around with the example and try to fit it to your needs. If you have any questions, please post back here.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GOSM
      Hey,
      as part of a larger Programm I am trying to copy the values from one cell in an Excel file to another. The code I am using is the folowing.

Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open() If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeCopy Example", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) _Excel_RangeCopyPaste($oExcel.ActiveSheet, "V4:W43", "X4", False, $xlPasteValues, Default, True) If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeCopy Example 4", "Error copying rows." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeCopy Example 4", "2 Rows successfully pasted from the clipboard to row 1.") As I understood it the option $xlPasteValues should do the trick  but it is still copying the inserted formulas. I attached a test code and excel file.
      Thanks for the help Simon
      Copy Values Test.zip
    • By Chimp
      An "improper" "unusual" use of Excel
      the script allows the creation of artistic images by simply coloring the background of the individual cells of the Excel workbook.
      Although definitely useless ... I find it quite funny though
      have a good time
      many thanks to @UEZ , @Malkey , @water
      p.s.
      I think the pixelite + color to array process can be simplified, but I used the two ready-made functions provided by UEZ and Malkey. I thank both of you (credits  and links in listing)
      p.p.s.
      strange behaviour: while excell is filling cells, if you move the mouse pointer off the excell window, the fill speed increases ... (?)

; =============================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: Excel in art ; Description ...: This script allows the creation of artistic images in Excel from a choosed picture. ; The picture is done by simply coloring the background of the individual cells of an Excel workbook. ; Although definitely useless, I find it quite funny though ; ; Return values .: An artistic image in an Excel workbook ; Author ........: Addiego Gianni (chimp) ; Modified ......: ; Remarks .......: Many thanks to UEZ, Malkey and Water ; Related .......: ; Link ..........: ; Example .......: ; =============================================================================================================================== #include <GDIPlus.au3> #include <Excel.au3> _PixelsToCells(50) ; <-- Parameter 50 is the cumber of horizontal Excel cells to be filled MsgBox(64, "All done", "Excel art is ready") Func _PixelsToCells($iHcells = 50) ; Check application object Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open() If Not IsObj($oExcel) Then MsgBox(16, "Error", "Sorry, You need to have 'Excel' intalled") ; Choose Image File Local $sPath = FileOpenDialog("Choose Image File", @ScriptDir & "", "Images (*.gif;*.png;*.jpg;*.bmp)| All (*.*)") If $sPath = '' Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Error", "Sorry, no image was chosen") ; Create a new Excel workbook $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookNew($oExcel, 1) ; initialize GDI+ _GDIPlus_Startup() Local $hBmp = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromFile($sPath) Local $iWidth = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hBmp) ; get image width ; Local $iHeight = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hBmp) ; not needed here Local $iStep = $iWidth / $iHcells ; calculate the pixelation factor Local $hBitmap_new = _GDIPlus_PixelateBitmap($hBmp, $iStep) ; pixelate the image Local $aPixelColors = _FileImageToArray($hBitmap_new) ; get pixel colors ; reduce Excel columns width Local $xx = 1, $yy = 1 For $iCol = 0 To UBound($aPixelColors, 2) - 1 Step $iStep $oWorkbook.Sheets(1).Columns($xx).ColumnWidth = 1 $xx += 1 Next ; reduce Excel rows height For $iRow = 0 To UBound($aPixelColors) - 1 Step $iStep $oWorkbook.Sheets(1).Rows($yy).RowHeight = 9 $yy += 1 Next $xx = 1 $yy = 1 For $iRow = 0 To UBound($aPixelColors) - 1 Step $iStep For $iCol = 0 To UBound($aPixelColors, 2) - 1 Step $iStep $oWorkbook.Sheets(1).Range(_Excel_ColumnToLetter($xx) & $yy).Interior.Color = Number("0x" & $aPixelColors[$iRow][$iCol]) $xx += 1 Next $yy += 1 $xx = 1 Next _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBmp) _GDIPlus_Shutdown() EndFunc ;==>_PixelsToCells ; by UEZ ; https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/167707-imagepixelate/?do=findComment&comment=1227509 Func _GDIPlus_PixelateBitmap($hBitmap, $iPixelate, $bSmooth = 1) Local $iWidth = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hBitmap), $iHeight = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hBitmap) Local $iNewW = Round($iWidth / $iPixelate, 0), $iNewH = Round($iHeight / $iPixelate, 0) Local $hBitmap_scaled = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromScan0($iNewW, $iNewH) Local $hCtxt = _GDIPlus_ImageGetGraphicsContext($hBitmap_scaled) Local $iInterpolation = 5 If $bSmooth Then $iInterpolation = $GDIP_INTERPOLATIONMODE_BILINEAR _GDIPlus_GraphicsSetInterpolationMode($hCtxt, $iInterpolation) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRect($hCtxt, $hBitmap, 0, 0, $iNewW, $iNewH) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hCtxt) Local $hBitmap_pixelated = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromScan0($iWidth, $iHeight) $hCtxt = _GDIPlus_ImageGetGraphicsContext($hBitmap_pixelated) _GDIPlus_GraphicsSetInterpolationMode($hCtxt, $GDIP_INTERPOLATIONMODE_NearestNeighbor) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRectRect($hCtxt, $hBitmap_scaled, 0, 0, $iNewW, $iNewH, -$iPixelate, -$iPixelate, $iWidth + 2 * $iPixelate, $iHeight + 2 * $iPixelate) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hCtxt) Return $hBitmap_pixelated EndFunc ;==>_GDIPlus_PixelateBitmap ; by Malkey ; https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/112540-is-there-a-function-for-reading-images-into-2d-arrays/?do=findComment&comment=788472 Func _FileImageToArray($hImage) Local $Reslt, $stride, $format, $Scan0, $iIW, $iIH ; , $hImage Local $v_Buffer, $width, $height ; _GDIPlus_Startup() ; $hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($sFileName) $iIW = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hImage) $iIH = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hImage) ProgressOn("Progress Bar", "Filling a " & $iIW & " x " & $iIH & " size array.", "0 percent") $Reslt = _GDIPlus_BitmapLockBits($hImage, 0, 0, $iIW, $iIH, $GDIP_ILMREAD, $GDIP_PXF32ARGB) ;Get the returned values of _GDIPlus_BitmapLockBits () $width = DllStructGetData($Reslt, "width") $height = DllStructGetData($Reslt, "height") $stride = DllStructGetData($Reslt, "stride") $format = DllStructGetData($Reslt, "format") $Scan0 = DllStructGetData($Reslt, "Scan0") Local $aArray[$height][$width] For $j = 0 To $iIH - 1 For $i = 0 To $iIW - 1 $v_Buffer = DllStructCreate("dword", $Scan0 + ($j * $stride) + ($i * 4)) $aArray[$j][$i] = StringRegExpReplace(Hex(DllStructGetData($v_Buffer, 1), 6), "(.{2})(.{2})(.{2})", "\3\2\1") ; To RGB format Next ProgressSet(Int(100 * $j / ($iIH)), Int(100 * $j / ($iIH)) & " percent") Next _GDIPlus_BitmapUnlockBits($hImage, $Reslt) ProgressOff() _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImage) Return $aArray EndFunc ;==>_FileImageToArray  
    • By Zaoka
      Hi guys
      Need little help with filtering.
      I'm trying to filter specific weeks from power pivot table using this code recorded with Excel VBA :

#include <Excel.au3> Global $oExcel = _Excel_Open() Global $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, "C:\Users\....\Orders.xlsb") $oWorkbook.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields( _ "[Report 2].[Week].[Week]").VisibleItemsList = Array( _ "[Report 2].[Week].&[10]", "[Report 2].[Week].&[11]", _ "[Report 2].[Week].&[12]", "[Report 2].[Week].&[13]", _ "[Report 2].[Week].&[14]", "[Report 2].[Week].&[15]") But get error
      error: Array(): undefined function. Not sure how to resolve this.
    • By Zaoka
      Hi guys,
      i have simple report in PowerPivot that shows Orders (Values) by Regions (Row) and Weeks (Columns). In Filter field is WeekDAYS (Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday etc )
      how to filter WeekDAYS Filed on WEEKDAYYesterday with autoit ?
      my junky try
      #include <Date.au3> #include <Excel.au3> Local $sWEEKDAYYesterday = _DateDayOfWeek(@WDAY-1) Global $oExcel = _Excel_Open() Global $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, "C:\Users\.......\Orders.xlsb") Sleep (5000) $oExcel.ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll Sleep (5000) $oExcel.Application.Sheets("Sheet1").PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("WeekDAYS").PivotFilters($sWEEKDAYYesterday)  
      Error result
      $oExcel.Application.Sheets("PivotTable1").PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("WeekDAYS").PivotFilters($sWEEKDAYYesterday) $oExcel.Application^ ERROR  
    • By rdaneelol
      I have a strange behavior in an Autoit program.  
      The program works perfectly in the original environment I created the program for - for Windows 7 and Office  2010.
      My workplace is migrating to Windows 10 with Office 2016.  When I run this program in that new environment,  the code actually executes without any errors, however, the excel process which was opened to read a spreadsheet/workbook does not close while the program is running.  If you exit the program, the excel process ends at that point...
      I could ignore this behavior - one little excel process hanging out there is not going to kill anything, however - it just bugs me !
      While troubleshooting the issue, I placed a number of error checks after the excel close - and the close actually reports that it is successful. 
      I tried a few varieties of closing the excel process, and none of the methods tried seemed to actually work as well at the one in my code - the only downside being that it has to wait until the program finishes to actually close.
      Any ideas on why an excel close would hang until program exit ?

Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open(False, False, False, False, True) If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $sUserRoleMenuXLS, False, true ) If @error Then     MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF", "Error opening workbook '" & $sUserRoleMenuXLS & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)     _Excel_Close($oExcel, False, False)  Exit EndIf ;  this section will find the user id in the first 3 columns of the user/menu spreadsheet, and if it finds it - returns the value stored in the cell 2 locations to the right... With $oExcel.ActiveSheet.Range("A:C").Find (@UserName)     $Match = .Find (@UserName)     If (Not IsObj($Match)) or (stringlen($Match.Offset(0, 2).value) = 0)    Then         MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, 'UIPLauncher Error', 'No Menu assigned for user - Contact Support.') ; Display a warning if the script isn't compiled or the file doesn't exist.         ;_Excel_BookClose($oWorkbook, False)         _Excel_Close($oExcel, false, false)         Exit     Else         Local  $cResult = $Match.Offset(0, 2).value     EndIf EndWith $oWorkbook.Saved = True _Excel_BookClose($oWorkbook, False) _Excel_Close($oExcel, false, false) ;close does not seem to work on windows 10 and office 2016