Issues in running autoit exe using selenium grid or jenkins windows server

I have a autoit exe file which is used in upload/browse file functionality.  This has been integrated with selenium framework and I am invoking the autoit exe using Java process and runtime. 

Now the issue is when I run the scripts and invoke the autoit exe in local it works perfectly.  But when I use selenium grid or jenkins to run the scripts in another windows server it is not working.

Can anyone please suggest any solution for this?

• 3 weeks later...

have a requirement of running an exe file(autoit exe) for uploading a file. This is working fine in local machine but not when run in jenkins(windows server) or in another remote using Selenium server(hub).

Process p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("full path of Autoit.exe");

Could someone help on how to deal with this using Java?

Why create a new topic that is exactly the same as your previous topic?

Edited by TheXman
Removed link to duplicate topic since someone merged it with this topic.

53 minutes ago, TheXman said:

Why create a new topic that is exactly the same as your previous topic?

Oh, maybe because this time he intends to include the source for script that isn’t working, or even what the error is, as well as the steps taken so far to debug the situation in the last three weeks.

Though I could be wrong :)

Code hard, but don’t hard code...

16 minutes ago, DJ143 said:

do we have any solution for this? 

Not yet, but I think we got a big clue when you said “it is not working”.  In my experience, that usually means “something is not right”.  And, IMHO, often can be fixed if someone just “takes a good look at it”.  Have you tried that?

Code hard, but don’t hard code...

• 4 months later...

Please refer to https://autumnator.wordpress.com/2011/12/22/autoit-sikuli-and-other-tools-with-selenium-grid/, as it should explain your exact issue, with suggestions on how to workaround it. A bit more work and tricky with Selenium Grid and more straightforward if you're just having issue executing from jenkins on a remote server, except for the latter, you'll have to put in logic to handle how to execute from jenkins case vs executing locally when developer testing.