Is it possible to show a color dialog box from Autoit ? - (Moved)

Hi all,

I want to show a color dialog box to user from my script. Is it possible ? I searched in help file but can't find anything related to a color dialog. 

My Contributions

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

Ah, never mind. I found it. It's _ChooseColor. I searched for color dialog. My bad.

My Contributions

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

There are also several other options from other users, if you search for "color picker".

Like @Yashied 's Color Picker UDF

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/96464-colorpicker-udf/page/3/#comments

And @KaFu's COP Color Picker multi value color picking

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/80320-cop-color-picker-multi-value-color-picking/?tab=comments#comment-577922

And more.

/edit, ohh, like this one from @LarsJ

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/170523-simulating-a-modeless-choose-color-dialog/?tab=comments#comment-1246726

Edited by Werty

Some guy's script + some other guy's script = my script!

@Werty Thank you. let me check

My Contributions

• Moderators

Moved to the appropriate forum.

Moderation Team

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kcvinu
      Hi all,
      I am creating a GUI library in Nim with win32 API functions. Even though the syntax is similar to Python, coding is almost similar to C in Nim. 
      I can change the back color of the button in NM_CUSTOMDRAW. But I can't change the button text color. here is my pseudo code.  
      proc setBtnBackColor*(me : Button, lp: LPNMCUSTOMDRAW ) = if lp.uItemState and CDIS_SELECTED : #------------------ btn clicked # Here i am changing the button color with SelectObject & FillRect. elif lp.uItemState and CDIS_HOT : # ----------------Mouse over # Here i am changing the button's mouse hover color with SelectObject & FillRect. else: # -------------------------Default color set # Here i am changing the button's default color with SelectObject & FillRect. # Here i tried---> SetTextColor(lp.hdc, RGB(102, 255, 51) ) #------- But no luck. #------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please guide me. What i am doing wrong here ?  I am returning "CDRF_SKIPDEFAULT" after calling this function.
      Note : I am using subclassed button. So when the parent window receives WM_NOTIFY message, it sends that to my button's WndProc. There i am handling the message.
    • By Miliardsto
      hello Im wondering if it is possible to process image in autoit like this
      1. firstly there is colorfull wallpaper
      2. Fill all colors (exception rose color) - with white
      3. Fill rose color with black color
      I see Gdi functions have things to manipulate images
      https://imgur.com/a/lFdY26g
    • By Miliardsto
      Im wondering if its possible to read pixel colors from not only from top window.
      For example I got a few windows with images how (in attachment video) . Is it possible to read pixel color for example 200px, 200px from top left ?
      Can i make something like winlist for the same window names and then get handles for every listed exact name window and then read for every window pixel color for example: 200px, 200px from top left ?
      https://streamable.com/l3pit

2018-12-10 01-02-38.mp4
    • By AndyS01
      I want to create a slider that has values representing colors, like the slider on the _ChooseColor() GUI in the Misc.au3 UDF, but the max value for a slider is 32767.  
      Here is my test code:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <SliderConstants.au3> #include <Misc.au3> $hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 100, 560) $BtnID = GUICtrlCreateButton("Choose", 10, 10, 50, 25) ;~ GUICtrlSetOnEvent($BtnID, "handle_choose_btn") $flags = BitOR($TBS_AUTOTICKS, $TBS_VERT) $iSliderID = GUICtrlCreateSlider(10, 50, 40, 420, $flags) $hSlider_hWnd = GUICtrlGetHandle($iSliderID) $iMaxVal = 32767 GUICtrlSetLimit($iSliderID, $iMaxVal, 0) ; change min/max value GUISetState() GUIRegisterMsg($WM_VSCROLL, "WM_V_Slider") While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYUP ToolTip("") case $BtnID handle_choose_btn() EndSwitch WEnd ; React to a slider movement Func WM_V_Slider($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam If $lParam = $hSlider_hWnd Then $iValue = GUICtrlRead($iSliderID) ConsoleWrite("+++: $iValue = " & $iValue & @CRLF) ToolTip(getRGB($iValue)) EndIf Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc ;==>WM_V_Slider ; Extract the RGB components from the color value Func getRGB($iColorVal) Local $hexstr, $b, $g, $r, $rgb $hexstr = StringFormat("%06X", $iColorVal) $r = StringMid($hexstr, 1, 2) $g = StringMid($hexstr, 3, 2) $b = StringMid($hexstr, 5, 2) $rgb = StringFormat("" & $iColorVal & " - rgb: %02s %02s %02s", $r, $g, $b) Return ($rgb) EndFunc ;==>getRGB Func handle_choose_btn() $color = _ChooseColor(2, 255, 0, $hGUI) ConsoleWrite("+++: $color = " & Hex($color, 8) & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>handle_choose_btn  
    • By b9k
      Hi, I am stuck on a GUI problem and would like your help to solve it.
      I am trying to automate the SoundWire Server app to match my current system volume level while it is minimized to the notification area (so no clicking or stealing focus),
      I can already get the handle and alter the tracker position by sending a WM_SETPOS message, but somehow the actual volume is not changed: I think I need to do something else to trigger the event handler for the value change and propagate it correctly.
      This is the control summary from Au3 info:
      >>>> Window <<<< Title: SoundWire Server Class: #32770 Position: 441, 218 Size: 566, 429 Style: 0x94CA00C4 ExStyle: 0x00050101 Handle: 0x0000000000510E12 >>>> Control <<<< Class: msctls_trackbar32 Instance: 4 ClassnameNN: msctls_trackbar324 Name: Advanced (Class): [CLASS:msctls_trackbar32; INSTANCE:4] ID: 6002 Text: Position: 51, 222 Size: 47, 126 ControlClick Coords: 1, 101 Style: 0x5001000A ExStyle: 0x00000000 Handle: 0x00000000001234C8 >>>> Mouse <<<< Position: 496, 567 Cursor ID: 2 Color: 0xF0F0F0 >>>> StatusBar <<<< >>>> ToolsBar <<<< >>>> Visible Text <<<< Default multimedia device Tray on Start Static Server Address: 192.168.1.8 Status: Connected to B9K~OP3 Audio Output Audio Input Level Record to File Input Select: 44.1 kHz Minimize to Master Volume Mute >>>> Hidden Text <<<< Slider2 Mute OK Cancel Label Balance Slider1 Volume Front L/R Fr C/LFE Side L/R Back L/R
      I am attaching the program in question so you don't have to install it (i don't know if it is portable enough, tough): 

SoundWire Server_files.zip

Thanks in advance and I hope I didn't post in the wrong section